Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=172&start_row=11

calling yourself rasta ????????

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 42
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: MICHAEL Sent: 1/22/2004 12:28:07 PM

the hypocrite hat does not fit I in this forum............BURN heathens

Messenger: mdjonas Sent: 1/22/2004 12:35:40 PM

Sometimes words can be confusing. Sometimes when you look at a man words it might seem that he is a hypocrite, but really that just reflect that the words is not so perfect in expressing.
We know that we grow talking wrong. Right now I don't really speak any language properly, so a lot of times I find myslef saying true things, but when I look at the words they look flawed.
To me culture is important. Due to culture we can use these weak words and still communicate spiritual things. It is not the words that have the power but the spirit behind them.
So I would not accept it if you look at the words somebody write and then other words they write at another time and juse because the words contradict say that the person is a hypocrite. Maybe it is the fault of the words and not the person who use them. I would just say that more explanation is needed to see how is it that the person could say two things that sound different.

Messenger: the rock Sent: 1/22/2004 12:47:04 PM

Why are you getting so mad.. no matter fact let me just speak on it.
Rogers Athlyi at the time of writting the Holy Piby did not have a dread. period. Halle Sellasei had dreads when he was a young man when he grew to be a govener of state, Him had hair but InI not see no pictures of Him with dreads.. so why we fussin bout hair. The people in the old days did things in a matter of symbolence or symolicness reminding the people with a culture style instead of a word written. its for them who cant read and write but the words is not the biggest thing, the biggest thing is the contribution that one makes from whatever stands they take in the war. Each man (or Woman) got their own battle. Marcus Garvey didnt have no dreads, is that to say he is difficiant in character and his contributions are not.. say that and your being a hypocrite. If we study deep enough, weather Islam, Buddism, or what ever Rastaism any ism, the root of all of them is to bring all nations to the light. If I said all nations did not come from Africa Id be a Hypocrite (Continental Divide). I see that we have jumped way off the focus of unifying, directing, working in a Jah, in a Mystical sense (an eternal spritual sense) I see some of the people is a little weary from the long trod. So Ill speak in street terms, if you are with, me ride with me, if not stay out the mix. But you cant cause you part of us.. lets mediate. if you dont smoke Ill smoke for you .. one love to the people.
Peace to all, all to peace ... Jah Jah Jah
Sonone22

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/22/2004 1:19:44 PM

Greetings,

Michael, why is the I getting so vex?

Firstly, if you look through I reasonings I didn't say that it was wrong if you cut your hair, that is your choice. I only spoke about why I keep I locks and why I won't cut I locks, and alternatives in the workplace, like wrapping your locks to protect from dust and dirt. An alternative that you said doesn't work for you because you wouldn't be able to fit the hard hat on your head, and I didn't speak against this explanation of yours.

And for the people that did say that you are not Rasta without locks, why are they hypocrites? Just because they don't agree with you?

If a man says that the requirements of being Rasta is to have dreadlocks, and that it is not a requirement to live off the land, then that is their view, so why is it hypocritical to say this?

Just because a man say that you must have dreadlocks to be Rasta, it doesn't mean that they must also say that you must work of the land. Those are two different sayings. In the same way, if a man say that you must work of the land to be Rasta, it doesn't mean that they must also say that you must have dreadlocks to be Rasta.

If a man say that you must have dreadlocks to be Rasta, but doesn't have dreadlocks and still calls himself Rasta. Then he is a hypocrite.

If a man say that you must make your money from the land to be Rasta, but doesn't make their money from the land and still calls himself Rasta. Then he is a hypocrite.

If I remember correctly Michael, you don't make your money from the land. Is that correct?

And do you call yourself Rasta?

If your answer is yes to both of these questions. Then who is the hypocrite?

Jah See and Know,

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Nefertiti Sent: 1/22/2004 1:27:39 PM

Yes I, Jah Rasta Far I, Give thanks and praises for those I-rations....

Like I-rock sited, Symobls, mystical.....man be reasoning to be INI-oneness-spirit. Spirit does not need those symbols to exist.....

Reasoning is the place where man come to be feed through spirit. Man reaps what he sows, eats what he plants, SITE.....

THe words here do not make the truth,,,, they only man's attempt to describe what is........SOUND POWER......

Each man convicts himself when he judges another......Site.....

FOR INI is the VIBRATIONAL MYSTICAL POWER in SOUND OF WORD OF JAH RASTA FAR I-HAILE I SELASSIE I. I not any ISM for any human, ya site....I am not any human's slave nor human master.....NO MAN's.....DOn't look for I for ur life and i don't look to u for mi life.

BE ONENESS IN LIFE

INI I-ternity.
PSALMS 49.5-9

5 Why should I fear when evil days come,
when wicked deceivers surround me-
6 those who trust in their wealth
and boast of their great riches?
7 No man can redeem the life of another
or give to God a ransom for him-
8 the ransom for a life is costly,
no payment is ever enough-
9 that he should live on forever
and not see decay.

Site....Bredren and sistren...EMANCIPATE YOURSELVES FROM MENTAL SLAVERY, NOT BUT THE I CAN FREE the I MIND.....

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/22/2004 1:42:43 PM

Greetings,

Another thing, Michael, the I said,
-----------------------------
NOW YOU ARE TELLIN ME YOU DONT HAVE TO GO BY THE RASTA BELIEFS.......BUT WHEN I SAID ABOUT HAIR THETRE ARE 35 RE MARKS AND BIBLE SCRIPTURES TELLIN ME HOW BAD IT IS........ONE WORD.......HYPOCRITES..........
-----------------------------

These words came from you, and you are grouping the two things together, wearing dreadlocks, and living off the land, as Rasta Beliefs.

And you are calling the people hypocrites for saying that a Rasta must where dreadlocks, but not agreeing that a Rasta must work of the land. But the people you are calling hypocrites, never grouped these two together as necessary Rasta Beliefs, so they are not being hypocritical about what they say.

But you did group these two concepts together as Rasta Beliefs, and then you say that one is a must, but the other is not neccessary. So again, who is the hypocrite?

Judge not, lest ye be judged. Jah Fire isn't something to throw around carelessly.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Ras John Sent: 1/22/2004 4:18:31 PM

Michael, my bredren...
I never said anything about how you shouldnt cut your hair! Damn man that was like my first post on this site! So check man...

Don't be so defensive, all you'll do is push people away. If you want to cut your hair, that is your decision. If you feel its the right one, then by all means go right ahead. No one else has the right to say ANYTHING about that, cuz they don't have the overstanding of your deal with your dreads. So don't come down on I for shit I didnt say...

Seriously.

One love, and just chill man, cuz I didn't mean ANYTHING by what I said in terms of restricting you!

Ras John

Messenger: ijah Sent: 1/22/2004 4:29:38 PM

The only oe that is pushed away is but only himself......as i mentioned before,a few times.......MIXED UP MIXED UP,Michael.....

The truth is an offense ,but not a sin.....

Hail to The king of kings and Lord of Lords SELASSIE I RASTAFARI

OneLove&Inity

blesses, ijah

Messenger: ijah Sent: 1/22/2004 4:44:23 PM

me haffe ad also: If one is feeling offended by just some words,that another typed,then that one still haffe work a lot on himself,cause if he/she should have done that,he/she wouldnt feel offended by words.
Ya see..words are just words,and if one looses his temper already inna reasonings like this,pon the net.Then how is that one gonna face his presence and future problems,and solve them accurately ,inna righteouss and prosperous way???????Dig that!!!!!!!

i thinlk if one isnt ready to hear anothers opinion,and getting vexed by those,and that one cannot hold his peace,and overstanding{...that is what is loose,when acting folly and bad words,intented fe hurt one,are being used...}NO WORD ,NO SOUND,NO POWER...NO LANGUAGE AT ALL,i would say....well,that ones shouldnt join a RasTafari reasoning club....RasTafari teaches also humblesness,even when ye facin ye enemy.....Remeber one always haffe speak the language of love,wisdom,and overstandings...otherweise its fruits that will spring off,will be rotten..RasTafari want to deal with the good fruits,ye know......HAILE SELASSIE I LIVES AND RULES ITINUALY

ijah

Messenger: the rock Sent: 1/26/2004 9:16:04 PM

yes.The truth is an offense ,but not a sin.....
JAH LIVE JAH LIVE JAH LIVETH INI INI LIVE IN JAH
ONE

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 42

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I