Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1458&start_row=81

Man of Right is God in Flesh

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 88
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 5/17/2006 4:55:50 AM

The Lion of Judah has prevailed
Haile Selassie I, Elect of God
King of Kings of Ethiopia

By the Proclamation released on Hamle 17th, 1932, I announced to you that I advised the Italians in Ethiopia and who were completely encircled to submit to our Chiefs in order to avoid being killed. Consequently I recommend to you to receive in a suitable manner and to keep all the Italians who submit to you with or without arms. Do not reproach them for their atrocities to which they had subjected our population.

why dont you ,just for a moment, forget the bible, forget ancient history which cannot be fully trusted and which is impossible to relate fully within a few paragraphs, and look at the life and example of this Man whom InI know to be God in Flesh.

It seems as if some of you wish to show your black pride by belittling others. viking? go back to the caves?
that is not Rastafari way idren.
one bredda here is giving thanks for being white, and i dont have a problem with that, even though the reason mentioned is total crap.
So iman will give thanks for being born Ithiopian. What a blessing it is to grow up in a Black nation where every teacher i ever had, every doctor,every policeman, every pilot, every leader,...everyone who has ever done me wrong and everyone who has ever done me right has been black. Born ithiopians have a prespective on life which you wont find anywhere else, not even in the rest of black africa, which is ofcourse understandable. Indeed, until i came to the west, "racism" was just a word that i would hear and understand but never feel.This is not to say those born there are better or superior in any way than any african in any part of the world. But i see that black people have been through so much racism and colonialism that we tend to look at the world in terms of black and white
Idren , go forward to Ithiopia, mentally, spiritually and physically.
Free thyself. Hating thy so called enemy is just a form of mental slavery. I dont want to kick no white person out of africa anymore than i want any black kicked out of the west, for its spiritual wickidness and not flesh iman come fe burn out. thats the only way, to cleanse the minds of all nations. whats the use of kicking the european out if he keeps fucking with my nation from europe?

Am I the only one who noticed this or what but everytime i feel like hating the white man Jah will send i a white man who reminds i that there is good in all peoples.

Jah Rastafari
Love come first, for HE is the First

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 5/17/2006 8:55:48 AM

For Ras KebreAB

I iverstand your point exactly.

Its not just words falling on deaf ears. The truth of the matter is, slavery is a mental state, not a physical one. The slavemaster knew this, that's why he was successful. Many are slaves, both black and white, and any other color. I say this because, for every bigot you recognize, it'll probably be the same bigot who abuses his family, cheats, steals, lies, etc.

~one~

RSK

Messenger: Dread Lion Sent: 5/17/2006 10:59:23 AM

What a comforting joy it is to hear ones speak on this issue with such Overstanding.

And a little bit of a drag to see still more –ism and schism.

Of course, I meant no offense in sharing this truth about Iself, that even as a white person, I grew up with a loathing of the racist white culture into which I was born. Say what you want, but Iman know that given my disposition as a young man, I could not contain my hatred for police and judges and that my white skin and their feeble racist minds are the only things that kept me from spending a lot more time behind bars. Why is this “crap”? (please tell me, I don't overstand this reaction)

It has required deep Iditaion over many years to overcome the shame and many years of experience to see that, TRULY, people are people.

I see that skin color is nothing more than a possible clue as to a person’s cultural identity, like speaking with an accent or driving on the left side of the road; it just means this person (or their immediate ancestors) came from some place else. Skin color IS NOT an indicator of righteousness or holiness or superiority.

Who is personally responsible for the color of their skin?

Who is personally responsible for the way they treat their fellow human beings?

Should one be judged based on an uncontrollable random coincidence OR based on one’s choices and actions?

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 5/17/2006 11:17:49 AM

Judge not by the color of skin, but by the content of one's character!

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 5/18/2006 6:03:20 AM

"Iman have often given thanks that I was made to be "white" because if I had been born black my life would surely have been wasted (in prison) hating white people."

brethren you should be more careful on how you use your words rasta.
You cannot say what you would be doing and how you would feel if you were black any more than i can say how i would feel if i was white.
YOu say you grew up with a loathing of the racist white culture. why? because you are white. Because your views have been formed by looking at white culture from the other side of the fence, as opposed to black people who witness the white culture from the other side. Your life experience would be totally different from what it is now if you had been born black.
Are you a rasta, a true rasta? with the inborn concept to be a rasta?
If so, you would know that whether you were born black, white ,asian you would have been a rasta sameway. So what is this about hating white people? Rasta is not supposed to be talking about hating anyone.
So give thanks for being white. But do it for the right reason.
Give thanks because it gives you a chance that a black man does not have . And that is the ability to let white people hear the truth from one of their own people

"Iman have often given thanks that I was made to be "white" because if I had been born black my life would surely have been wasted (in prison) hating white people."

And finally again....be more careful on how you use your words.
because the same sentencce can be interpreted as meaning that you believe that if you werw black you would be feeling what black people feel which is to waste their time hating white people
i dont believe you meant it in that way, but can you see how it can be taken to mean that way?

Messenger: Nyah Jahphet Anbassa I Sent: 5/18/2006 9:50:57 AM

Blessed

Long time I haven't checked here. So these are some old explanations for Zion I.

First of all I am male.

Second is I didn't say that His Majesty's UN Speech is about white supremacy. But I feel that some people do not overstand the true sense of this speech. You know, it was not meant for white people to use it against BLACK CULTURE. This is such a downwatered foolishness. So I said, people should not quote this speech until they are able to stand BLACK SUPREMACY.... anything else is hypocricy.

Selah

Messenger: Dread Lion Sent: 5/18/2006 5:22:56 PM

Yes Iah Ras KebreAB,

I give thanks for the I’s words. Iman was indeed hasty when typing that post and I do see now how it could be misinterpreted, I will try to be more careful with my words.

I only meant to convey that before Iman found the fullness of Rastafari, I was full of anger with the shitstem and that my attitude and behaviour would have gotten I into much more trouble had my skin been black because of the racism inherent in the shitstem. I am pointing out that if I personally had had black skin, and everything else about me was exactly the same, the DA and judge would certainly have been much harder on I; and my reaction to that would have made things even worse for myself.

You said:
**What a blessing it is to grow up in a Black nation where every teacher i ever had, every doctor, every policeman, every pilot, every leader,...everyone who has ever done me wrong and everyone who has ever done me right has been black. Born ithiopians have a prespective on life which you wont find anywhere else, not even in the rest of black africa, which is of course understandable. Indeed, until i came to the west, "racism" was just a word that i would hear and understand but never feel.**

Iman cannot express how these words have helped I, we in the west can hardly even imagine this. The I’s words remind I that this scourge upon the earth called racism, while unavoidable here and now, is not universal. Racism is such a fact of life here that we seldom stop to realize that for some people it is just a word with little meaning in their daily lives. O how Iman long to KNOW that reality, it is a concept I overstand, but not a feeling I can even imagine.

… and then to be called “viking” or “massa” by ones who profess RasTafari … !? … “Lord, must it be this way always?”

May the words of I mouth and the Iditations of I heart be acceptable unto JAH

Messenger: NineMile2004 Sent: 5/23/2006 8:02:49 PM

It is mostly about choices and truly having faith in our lord. it is about the bible. it is about being a good child of god. i do not believe that it is about color at all. we all started in the same place, however, i do agree that certain people and cultures do show us the good example, such as Rastafari of course but also many Africans, but there are others in this world as well.

ONE LOVE, let us all remember what these two words really mean, unconditionally.

Blessings

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 88

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I