Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1096&start_row=1

Black Supremacy

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 109
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: soul-jah Sent: 12/5/2005 10:06:25 PM

GREETINGS

why is it when ever i hear a black man speak of black supremacy, white bredren suddenly feel oppressed and offended ?

did not marcus garvey advocate black supremacy ?
check the history of the movement it represents black supremacy to the fullest.

when i as a man think of black supremacy i am over come with joy
for i know it represents equality, dignity,pride, and justice, to think of black supremacy in terms of white supremacy is foolishness as black supremacy is a counter reaction to the evils of the current system which promotes opression, hate , injustice, and violence its a system were the selected few get richer while the rest of us get poorer, is it not the african people who have been opressed the most for the longest time? so is it suprising or unfair when they stand up and demand a new system for themselves free from the shackles of europeans, when africa unite and white supremacy is toppled every man will truelly be free and equal this is what black supremacy means to ini so when you fear it your really fearing the loss of your white privellidges in which case you no RASTA just another babylonian

peace and love

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 12/5/2005 11:14:13 PM

I feel as a white brother, that I must actually accept the wrong doing of my race. You will find that many white people cannot accept that. When I think of how our government is now, no doubt that is "white" controlled, I think that it wouldnt be worse than a government controlled by "blacks". I think that a white person must accept that in this time when transforming themselves to the greater cause that they have to weild overstanding & patience always and give yourself.

I listened to all sides of the story, and I do not believe in Immanuel as prophet nor "Gad". I believe in the morals & laws given to us by Jah Makkonnen TafarI, not Marcus Garvey. Although he was a key figure in the RasTafarI Movement, he didnt accept it himself therfore not given him the position of prophet.

We must learn from eachother as individuals, not sterotyping the race's. We only listen to the words of the King, and the books he proscribed to us.

Ras ElIjah

Messenger: Tefer_Anbesa Sent: 12/6/2005 1:00:02 AM

Well spoken Elijah.

Soul-Jah, I am trying to understand where you are coming from, but I am having difficulty accepting your personal feelings on this very sensitive issue as any form of genuine insight. On the contrary I find your view to be clouded and in direct disobedience of the teachings of Christ and His Imperial Majesty. It is saddening to learn that you would sooner trade real freedom for bondage, rather than sacrfice your best efforts to defend the truth. Are you familiar with the saying, "Two wrongs don't make a right." ?

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 12/6/2005 6:08:37 AM

Ras Elijah,

Yes Marcus Garvey is the prophet. Its true that he did not believe it, but niether did John. As a matter of fact John denied being what Christ called him which was Elijah, the Prophet, and yes even more than a prophet.

I have been writing a paper about this recently but it remains under prostruction but I think that if the I reads through it, it may help the man see who the Marcus Mossiah Garvey is.

I do give thanks for Our Prophet, John the Baptist, from the small parish of St. Annes Jamaica, Marcus Mossiah Garvey. He was a shining light unto his people and through his works that his people would see the coming of the Messiah, His Imperial Majesty Emperor Haile Selassie. Many people would call this blasphemy, but in this writing I have set out to show the parallelisms that exist between John the Baptist and Marcus Mossiah Garvey. I must say that it has been interesting making my way through thick mires of propaganda and unscholarly works that have been written to discredit both Marcus Garvey and I and I the Rastafarian Brethren. Instead of giving you portions of what Marcus Garvey has to say, I would like to cover all of his words of which correspond to this subject. Like the Bible and just about everything else, things must be examined and cross examined as a whole, not just picking a little from here and a little from there.

In my experiences with peoples approach to discrediting the connection between Marcus Garvey and the Rastafarians was a speech that he made in 1937 that was titled, “The Cowardly Lion.” As a matter of fact, as to not be partial, I have decided to post the speech for the people to see and read for themselves. It goes as follows:

Editorial by Marcus Garvey in the Black Man - London, March/April 1937

THE FAILURE OF HAILE SELASSIE AS EMPEROR

When the facts of history are written Haile Selassie of Abyssinia will go down as a great coward who ran away from his country to save his skin and left the millions of his countrymen to struggle through a terrible war that he brought upon them because of his political ignorance and his racial disloyalty.

It is a pity that a man of the limited intellectual calibre and weak political character like Haile Selassie became Emperor of Abyssinia at so crucial a time in the political history of the world. Unfortunately, Abyssinia lost the controlling influence of a political personality of patriotic racial character like the late Menelik, whose loyalty to his race and devotion to his country excelled all his other qualities, to the extent that he was able to use that very strength to continuously safeguard the interests of the Ethiopian Empire. What he did so well to preserve, a cringing, white slave hero worshipper, visionless and disloyal to his country, threw away. This is the impression the serious minded political student forms of the conduct of the ex-Emperor of Abyssinia.

EVERY NEGRO ASHAMED

Every Negro who is proud of his race must be ashamed of the way in which Haile Selassie surrendered himself to the white wolves of Europe. These statements may be considered very severe, and in fact, they are. We could have been otherwise apologetic and sympathetic, but that would have been only if we were dealing with a Coptic Priest or a Religious Monk and not a[n] Emperor who held and presided over the political trust of twelve million people of his own country, and the political destiny of the entire Negro race. This little misguided Emperor could not realise that he held in his hands the political trust of the hundreds of millions of Negroes of the world, men and women, who were looking up toward the firm establishment of political sovereignty, and that Ethiopia, like Liberia and Haiti were to them prizes of glory to be perpetuated and strengthened in the maintenance of the dignity of that black race that other men have claimed to be incompetent, inferior and unworthy, which every black man must disprove.

LOOKED WITH HOPE

When the war started in Abyssinia all Negro nationalists looked with hope to Haile Selassie. They spoke for him, they prayed for him, they sung for him, they did everything to hold up his hands, as Aaron did for Moses; but whilst the Negro peoples of the world were praying for the success of Abyssinia this little Emperor was undermining the fabric of his own kingdom by playing the fool with white men, having them advising him[,] having them telling him what to do, how to surrender, how to call off the successful thrusts of his Rases against the Italian invaders. Yes, they were telling him how to prepare his flight, and like an imbecilic child he followed every advice and then ultimately ran away from his country to England, leaving his people to be massacred by the Italians, and leaving the serious white world to laugh at every Negro and repeat the charge and snare - "he is incompetent," "we told you so." Indeed Haile Selassie has proved the incompetence of the Negro for political authority, but thank God there are Negroes who realise that Haile Selassie did not represent the truest qualities of the Negro race. How could he, when he wanted to play white? how could he, when he surrounded himself with white influence? how could he, when in a modem world, and in a progressive civilization, he preferred a slave State of black men than a free democratic country where the black citizens could rise to the same opportunities as white citizens in their democracies?

TELL THE TRUTH

The truth must be told so that the white world will realise that it was not the pride of the Negro that surrendered in Abyssinia. It was the disloyalty of a single man who was too silly to take pride in his race, who played such a game as to disgrace the political integrity of a noble people. The Negroes of Abyssinia and of the world are satisfied however that Abyssinia was not conquered by Italy and the European forces of Mussolini. Abyssinia was only conquered by the black levies of Italy. The Askaris have really been the victors in Abyssinia. [Rodolfo] Graziani only marched into Addis Ababa after he had made sure of the advanced guard of the Askaris. Every battle that the Italians won in Abyssinia resulted from the advanced charge of the Askaris. It was black men fighting black men, and this was made possible in Abyssinia because the regime of Haile Selassie had given a bad taste to the mouth, not only of the blacks of Abyssinia but of those of the surrounding territories. They felt that they had a cause against the Amharic white loving Emperor who liked to chain and flog black men, and whose brutality to them gave Mussolini the cause to fool the world that he was bestowing a blessing upon the people of Abyssinia by freeing them.

NO SLAVES

It was a piece of impertinence to suggest that black men should be held as slaves. We must admit that we glorified Haile Selassie when the war started, fought his battles to win international support, but we ever felt deep down in our hearts that he was a slave master. We had hoped that if Abyssinia had won that we would have forced the Government of Abyssinia to free the black whom they held as slaves. We would have preferred this than seeing the country taken by Mussolini or any European power; but now that the country is temporarily lost and the Emperor has cowardly exiled himself, the truth must be told.

WHAT RIGHT HAS HE?

The future freedom of Abyssinia must be built upon the highest principles of democracy. That is why it is preferable for the Abyssinian Negroes and the Negroes of the world to work for the restoration and freedom of the country without the assistance of Haile Selassie, because at best he is but a slave master. The Negroes of the Western World whose forefathers suffered for three hundred years under the terrors of slavery ought to be able to appreciate what freedom means. Surely they cannot feel justified in supporting any system that would hold their brothers in slavery in another country whilst they are enjoying the benefits of freedom elsewhere. The Africans who are free can also appreciate the position of slaves in Abyssinia. What right has the Emperor to keep slaves when all the democratic sections of the world were free, when men had the right to live, to develop, to expand, to enjoy all the benefits of human liberty[?]
The Emperor who has been exiled in Europe must have seen the civilization of Europe. In England where he lives he sees that men are not flogged and chained and kicked because of their colour or because of their condition, but where true human liberty guarantees to every man the happiest pursuit he can bring to himself. It has been reported that he is leaving England for Syria, where a large number of Abyssinian refugees are living. There is an interpretation that the decision to leave England and to live among "his people?" in Syria is to perpetuate his divine majesty in the presence of that king worship that he doesn't get in England, where men look at others as equals and not as masters by divine right. In truth, the Emperor is out of place in democratic England. He wants to be once more in the environment of the feudal Monarch who looks down upon his slaves and serfs with contempt. Except he changes the attitude of thinking himself better than the Negro who constitutes the larger number of Ethiopia and profit by the experience he has gained, he should not be a fit person to be in authority in the very country in which he was born. After all, Haile Selassie is just an ordinary man like any other human being. What right has he to hold men as slaves? It is only the misfortune of the slaves that causes him to be a slave master. Negroes who have the dignity of their race at heart resent the impertinence of anyone holding the blacks as slaves. Haile Selassie ought to realise this and abolish his foolish dream of being an Emperor of slaves and serfs and try to be an Emperor of noble men, and for him to be that he must himself be the noblest of them all. He hasn't proved his nobility in the war between Italy and Abyssinia. Ras Desta proved to be the Lord, the Nobleman of Ethiopia whilst Halle Selassie proved a cringing coward!

Now for a person who is just looking at the claims of the I and I the Rastafarian Brethren, this would seem to make Our claim void. The reason so is because the person who has no history on the subject has nothing else to say otherwise and how could they? This kind of thing reminds me of reading the works of Bible skeptics who reason that Jesus Christ told us to literally hate our family and even ourselves because that is what it says in Luke 14:26, is to hate. They then heap upon more misunderstanding by saying that Jesus Christ must have meant hate because He used the Greek word ‘miseo’ in the text, which literally translates to hate. But like I stated already, without the historical knowledge, one would never know that in the Hebrew language there is no word for ‘like’ or ‘love less’. So the influence of the Greek language on the Hebrew created a slang of sorts to show that ones should love God above all things, even family and so forth. But a Christian, or a person in general for that matter doesn’t know that type of Biblical history wouldn’t know how to treat that, for it is not easily ignorable. But how this relates to the subject is that without the overstanding of all of Marcus Garvey’s words in history, you will not be able to understand that even as that article would seem to be a set in stone opinion, there are some things that relate to it Biblically that will make that Rastafarian interpretation crystal clear.

The first thing that must be acknowledged in this whole situation is that Haile Selassie I was not dependent upon the strength of His military’s weaponry or even the power of the army itself. His Majesty was fully dependent upon God to fulfill the task that was at hand, and that through divine faith that He would overcome the Beast and his minions, because He is King of kings and Lord of all lords. The entire world was aware of the situation between Mussolini and Haile Selassie, but because of fear they did not interfere. The speech that I have posted from Marcus was written in 1937, which is only one year after His Imperial Majesty left Ethiopia for Europe in 1936 to seek assistance from the League of Nations. So in the time spand of what could even be slightly less than a year, I doubt that Marcus Garvey or the world for that matter could make a clear distinction as to what His Majesty was doing. But lets back track about seven years before Marcus Garvey made this speech and see what exactly his thoughts were at an earlier time.

"The Psalmist prophesied that Princes would come out of Egypt and Ethiopia would stretch forth her hands unto God. We have no doubt that the time is now come. Ethiopia is now really stretching forth her hands. This great kingdom of the East has been hidden for many centuries, but gradually she is rising to take a leading place in the world and it is for us of the Negro race to assist in every way to hold up the hand of Emperor Ras Tafari.”

These are the words of Marcus Garvey as printed in the “Blackman” Kingston, November 8th 1930. This was exactly six days after His Imperial Majesty was crowned the King of kings and Lord of lords on November 2, 1930. So let’s analyze what Marcus is saying here. He states that, "The Psalmist prophesied that Princes would come out of Egypt and Ethiopia would stretch forth her hands unto God. We have no doubt that the time is now come.” So being that His Majesty was crowned King of kings and Lord of lords only six days prior and that he had ‘no doubt that the time is now come’ when ‘Princes would come out of Egypt and Ethiopia would stretch forth her hands unto God’. Well many Princes and as it is also written in other translations, envoys, did come out of Egypt for His Majesty’s Coronation as well as from all over the rest of the world. So they stretched forth their hands to God, His Imperial Majesty. Remember that when the Messiah had reached the people in Israel, they rejected HIM because He didn't fit the description they wanted HIM to. Christ said to them, “When the evening comes you say, ‘It will be fair weather, for the sky is red,’ and in the morning, ‘Today it will be stormy, for the sky is red and over cast.’ You know how to interpret the appearance of the sky, but you cannot interpret the signs of he times.”(Matthew 16:2-3) And what is funny is that the same people whom Christ was addressing were well versed with the Old Testament and the prophecies of the Messiah. What we are dealing with here is no different. The similarities between John the Baptist and Marcus Garvey are astonishing. It is clear that in 1930 Marcus Garvey was a believer when His Majesty took on His Coronation titles. This can be paired with John the Baptist accepting the divinity of Christ at His baptism, the baptism being likened to the Coronation. But somewhere in between there seems to have been some doubt/s that risen in John, and that later on while in prison, Jesus Christ sends disciples to reaffirm John of the Teachers divinity. “When John heard in prison what Christ was doing, he sent his disciples to ask him. “Are you the one who was to come, or should we expect someone else?” (Matthew 11:2-3) So even after John doubts, Christ still refers to him a ‘more than a prophet’ and that ‘among those born of women there has not risen anyone greater than John the Baptist’.(Matthew 11:9) Marcus and John both believe and then doubt, both end up in jail and believe again. The question for some is, “Why did John/Marcus doubt?” Well if we look at when both Marcus and John accept the One who was to come, you will notice that both men come to faith after some very remarkable events.(John-the Baptism of Christ, Marcus- The Coronation of Selassie) Both men were anxiously awaiting the One who they had devoted their lives to and who they had both worked to cut a clear a way for. After being struck with the awe of those tremendous events, there faith rushed to there heads like blood to the head when one gets up to quickly. Then time started to pass and that feeling of the coming redemption was being stretched because the image that they had for themselves was that this kingdom and its King were coming immediately all at once. So it was because these men were so impetuous that they lost there faith. They knew the concept, but couldn’t overstand the timing of the events. It was this that made them doubt, because they kept going back to their understanding of the events and there timing, instead of trusting in Gods timing.

So besides that article, there are some other things that should be addressed. One of them is the most famous quote that has been attributed to Marcus, which goes something like, “Look to the east for the coming of a Black King, for our redemption is near.” Now as far as historical documentation is concerned, this quote may or may not be myth. There seem to be many quotes that have been attributed to Marcus Garvey such as, “When the King is crowned, my work will be finished.” In the book Rastafari: Roots and Ideology, by Barry Chevannes, he talks about several myths that seemed to have followed Marcus Garvey. Among the myths he has added both of the quotes that I have given above. About them he says, “It is fairly certain that very few of the prophecies and feats attributed to him. Garvey, whatever his shortcomings, did not regard himself as divine or visionary.”(pg. 99) Of course, John the Baptist didn’t know that he was the Elijah either. Let’s go back to the Bible for a moment to see if we can understand Marcus Garvey’s mind state by looking at the mind of John. In the book of John 1:19-23 where it is written:

Now this was John’s testimony when the Jews of Jerusalem sent priests and Levites to ask him who he was. He did not fail to confess, but confessed freely. “I am not the Christ.” They asked him, “then who are you? Are you Elijah?” He said, “I am not.” They asked, “Are you the prophet?” He answered, “No.” Finally they said, “Who are you? Give us an answer to take back to those who sent us. What do you say about yourself?” John replied in the words of Isaiah the prophet, “I am the voice calling in the dessert, ‘Make straight the way for the Lord.’”

So why should we be surprised that Marcus had this view of himself? John the Baptist had the same view of his own self. But then in the next couple of pages, Mr. Chevannes states that, “We must allow for the fact that the myths have a basis in real life. Indeed Garvey might have said some of the things he is believed by Rastafarians to have said.”(pg. 108) In a 1978 interview with Paul Earlington, the author of “The Rastafari Report,” he stated that, “the Honorable Marcus Garvey always told us that there was a man coming forward behind him whose shoe-heel he, the Honorable Marcus Garvey, would not be able to unleash.” This would be perfect as it fits with what was spoken by John the Baptist of old, “I baptize with water,” John replied, “but among you stands one who you do not know. He is the one who comes after me, the thongs of whose sandals I am not worthy to untie.”(John 1:26-27) But there is one thing that is defiantly not myth, and that is the play that Marcus Garvey wrote and performed in the late 1920’s called, “The Coronation of the King and Queen of Africa.” And as I will also later on discuss, in many of Marcus Garvey’s poems, there stands a King of which no name is given, but whom clearly is referenced to as the Messiah. See for yourself in his poem Mussolini-Scourge of God:

”The day of gloom is here, 0 Lord!

And brought by wicked man to earth;

The Mussolini murder sword

Has doomed the Savior’s Holy birth”

Marcus Garvey, like John the Baptist, was to come first to cut and clear the way for the Messiah. The words and works of Marcus Garvey prove to be not only prophetical, but also enrich the hearts and minds of black men and women. He had to do this, just like John had to cut a clear the way for Christ, in the sense that he was trying to get people to prepare their hearts for the coming of the Savior. The words of Marcus Garvey prove to be those of which proclaim a coming King/Savior to redeem the black race, so naturally his people would have to be put into a mind state were they would be able to recognize this coming figure. Marcus Garvey brought the African people the word of worshipping the God of Ethiopia. For Marcus did say,

“If the white man has the idea of a white God, let him worship his God as he desires. If the yellow man's God is of his race let him worship his God as he sees fit. We, as Negroes, have found a new ideal. Whilst our God has no color, yet it is human to see everything through one's own spectacles, and since the white people have seen their God through white spectacles, we have only now started out (late though it be) to see our God through our own spectacles. The God of Isaac and the God of Jacob let Him exist for the race that believes in the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob. We Negroes believe in the God of Ethiopia, the everlasting God - God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Ghost, the One God of all ages. That is the God in whom we believe, but we shall worship Him through the spectacles of Ethiopia.”

These are the kind of words that were used to start to bring attention to the people that the One who was to come wasn’t going to be the god of slavery that they had been oppressed with, which was the Greco-Roman view of Christ. These speeches are crucial as the book of John does state that, “There came a man who was sent from God; his name was John. He came as a witness to testify concerning the light; he came so that through him men might believe. He himself was not the light; he came only as a witness to the light. The true light that gives light to every man was coming into the world.”(John 1:6-9) And as it seems to be a reoccurring theme in the scriptures, the messengers who are sent forth by God, are hardly accepted amongst the masses. Just remember in the Old Testament when Jeremiah went and preached to the people for years and years and not one believed, and so he wrote the book of Lamentations, to show his lamenting. The scenario is also the same here in the New Testament with both John and Jesus. In Matthew we find Christ speaking to the crowd concerning John. Lets take a look.

“What did you go out into the desert to see? A reed swayed by the wind? If not, what did you go out to see? A man dressed in fine clothes? No, those who wear fine clothes are in kings palaces. Then what did you go out to see? A prophet? Yes, I tell you, and more than a prophet. This is the one about whom it is written: “I will send my messenger ahead of you, who will prepare your way before you.” (Malachi 3:1) Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he. And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force. For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John. And if ye will receive it, this is Elias, which was for to come. He that hath ears to hear, let him hear. But whereunto shall I liken this generation? It is like unto children sitting in the markets, and calling unto their fellows, and saying, We have piped unto you, and ye have not danced; we have mourned unto you, and ye have not lamented. For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, He hath a devil.” And about the people rejecting Christ was written, “He was in the world, and though the was made through him, the world did not recognize him. He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him.” (John 1:10-11)

In my searches I have found that the poetical works of Marcus Garvey contain vast amounts of prophecy. Through out the next several pages I have posted several of Marcus’s poems and highlighted those statements which give reference to specifics in prophecy.

Mussolini - Scourge Of God!

The day of gloom is here, 0 Lord!

And brought by wicked man to earth;

The Mussolini murder sword

Has doomed the Savior’s Holy birth-

This first four sentences are probably some of the most intriguing words of Marcus Garvey. Also this is one of the first statements that brings more life to the claims of the quotes of Marcus that we discussed earlier. For some reason, and I’m not sure why, but it seems as if the external critics and even the Rasta bredren and sistren aren’t familiar with the poetical works of The Right and Hon. Prophet. Without an argument it can be said that ones poetical works are the purest reflection of the thoughts and true feelings of any individual. When one approaches these works, be prepared for they pack heavy weight.

So Marcus Garvey states, “The Mussolini murder sword Has doomed the Savior’s Holy birth.” Okay, so we have Mussolini and a Savior who’s Holy Birth has been doomed. If as if I really need to explain any of this further, I will expound on what already seems to have explained itself. So what ‘day of gloom’ might Marcus be referring to? Maybe like, when the Beast would make war with the Lamb, or as Marcus so undeniably and perfectly said, “Savior.” In Marcus’s second line he writes that this ‘day of gloom’ had been ‘brought by wicked men to earth’. So right here we can understand that what Marcus is talking about can be seen as apocalyptic in a sense if not fully blown. He has clarified that this was gloomy day is here on earth and that Mussolini is involved along with Hitler (Axis Powers Germany/Italy), and Rome. (The Beast with Seven Heads and Ten Horns, Seven Hills of Rome, known as The City of Seven Hills, and the ten horns are the ten United Nations, including Rome, that made war with His Majesty. And now many will say that this is not true because the other countries didn’t attack Ethiopia. You are either with H.I.M. or against, you either gather or you scatter. If those men in charge didn’t take action against such a brutal and ungodly ferocious attack, then they did it because of fear. This means that the nations worshipped the Beasts and gave them authority over the earth to destroy and kill. Gee, all of this sounds just like a book I read once. So back on the original subject, the Savoir is Haile Selassie. Now I’m not saying that Marcus Garvey ever claimed this, or that he even had Haile Selassie in the back of his head when he wrote this. But the events that took place there after along with everything else that took place prior to the events that even as they have been written off as myths, the lines that we have here before us make those claims what I’d like to call an improvable proof. I will be the first to admit, that because those quotes are passed by oral tradition that they have lost or gained words in place of others, but the message remained the same. Way too many Garveyites reacted to the Coronation with Biblical reverence. This means that their minds and hearts had been put into place by Our Marcus Mossiah. He had cut and clear the way for many to see the light that was to come. And after, he became less and ‘He’ became more.

The Rome that claims the Tree of Love

has blessed the murderer's awful deed;

There is a picture that was printed in the Jamaican Daily Gleaner of the Pope of Rome blessing the troops of Mussolini and the bombs as well. So like Marcus said they, ‘blessed the murderer's awful deed’. So the “Rome that claims the Tree of Love” has now been found guilty of wrong and wickedness. The first question is why would Rome that claims to be Christian, a Kingdom of Christ to use their words, bless the attack of the oldest Christian Empire in the world along with its Christian King? It seems rather contradicting, except that it’s Rome and their history can speak for itself. I’ll show you what His Majesty thought of anointing bombs.

What blasphemy of God, above,

To satisfy a Caesar's greed?

“What blasphemy of a God, above” refers to when Rome made the claim that their war was driven by the will of God. I have a copy of Little Black Face (Facietta Nera) which is the song emblematic of the Italian fascist era. The song refers to the Italian conquest of Ethiopia (Abyssinia) in 1935-36. Just because I want to impress the disgust I have with these pigs, I will underline the statements which, well you will see.

If from the heights, you watch the sea,
O little darky, slave among slaves,
You’ll see, dreamlike, many ships approach,
And a flag that billows o’er the waves.

Little black face, wait and hope,
For the hour nears, beautiful Abyssinian,
Once we have reached you and stand at your side,
A new law you’ll have, and a brand-new king.

We are merely the slaves of love,
And our watchwords are Duty and Freedom!
Our Pillars of Righteousness we shall avenge,
Which falling, have freed you from serfdom.

Little black face, petite Abyssinian,
We’ll bring you, free at last, to Rome;
Then you too shall wear our homeland’s garb,
You too shall be kissed by our golden sun.

Little black face, you’ll Roman be,
And our proud flag your own will be.
And proudly together we’ll march and sing,
Before the Duce, before the King!

Do I really have to even discuss this slop? Did you here that? It said “Oh little darky.” Continuing with my earlier statement about Rome being under the impression there doings were for God, the song says, “our pillars of righteousness we shall avenge.” Yeah, right.

While sober men do seek the way

Of Love and Holy Brotherhood,

There comes another "Roman day"

To spoil and rob us of the good.

Africa's Christian children cry,

To save us Lord from Rome and sin;

Do lead us on, yea, not to die,

But with the Cross to make us win.

The Blacks of all the world do praise

The Prince of Peace, for love so dear:

His Imperial Majesty received many glorious tiles on November 2, 1930, one was The Prince of Peace.

As Simon did in bygone days,

So do for us, and be Thou near

The bluff of Rome's new human Scourge

Has reached to Heaven's inner Gate;

The ‘bluff of Rome's new human Scourge’ is Mussolini, who has interestingly enough, ‘reached to Heaven’s inner Gate’. But Heaven’s in the sky right? But back to reality, Mussolini didn’t go to the sky, he went to Ethiopia, which many Ethiopians and I and I the Rastafari Bredren and Sistren have declared the New Jerusalem. But more than just declaring it, Marcus speaks with authority, Heavenly authority.

We pray he will not cross the gorge

That shields our father's ancient State.

Now I suppose everyone saying well all of that is great but what does Ethiopia have to do with it, Christ is Jewish and so forth. His Imperial Majesty is the 225th descendent of King Solomon and the Queen of Sheba. In the Old Testament God establishes many covenants with biblical forefathers like Isaac, Abraham, and Jacob. Well among those men, God also established a covenant with David that the Messiah would come from the fruit of his loins according to the flesh and that Christ would be risen to sit and rule on the throne of David. Well without divulging into a whole other subject, Christ said that if the claims about Him were true that He would have to fulfill the laws of Moses and the book of Psalms. Well in Psalms 87:4 it says: "Behold with Philistia, Tyre, with Ethiopia; this man was born there." "This man" is the subject of the psalm, and the subject of the psalm is the Lord. "Born there" is demonstrative in the sense that it demonstrates that this man (the Lord) was born in one if these three places which is what "there" demonstrates. The preposition "with" next to Ethiopia demonstrates that this man was born there in Ethiopia, so plainly speaking, "the Lord was born in Ethiopia." Christ stated that for His claim to be true hat He would have to fulfill the laws of Moses and the psalms, but Christ wasn't born in Ethiopia in His first advent. He was born in Bethlehem. So being that Christ said these things must fulfill in Him, Christ must be born in Ethiopia in His second advent to fulfill scripture. Thus the claim of the Rastafarian is valid because prophecy show you and it can’t be denied.

Marcus - A Black Man's Prayer

Send Thy peace to all this world,

Lord of nations and of man-

Where blood banners are unfurled.

In their wicked sinful den.

Sin may reign upon the throne,

In man's way of seeing right;

Thou art Lord in truth; alone

Thou canst set all sin to flight.

Black men crushed to earth each day

Raise a voice of pleading now:

Come good Lord we all do pray,

Make the tyrants humbly bow.

For since God is God alone,

And vile man is man for that,

And will not of self atone,

Treat him, Lord, as virus rat.

White is great upon the earth,

Greater than the King of Kings:-

This is sin of human birth

That the white man daily sings.

Thou art made to be so white

That no black man has no claim.

Could'st this, God, Be ever right

That you made us ill of fame?

Thou art God in every way,

Caring not for black nor white;

Then, 0 Lord! Look down this day,

Turn the will man Lo the right.

Marcus - Brutal Crime

The Beast of Rome sent forth his might

'Gainst Ethiopia's silent hosts,

And in battle went the men

Who haunt the hills and plains like ghosts.

Askaris, grinning soldiers,

Like April fools at summer play,

Did shoulder arms for Italy

To give the Beast of Rome the day.

When blacks fight blacks in white men's wars

They're fools for all their valiant pain,

For they shall never hope for right

In whatsoever is the gain.

Ras Gugsa, ignoble of fame,

Betrayed the Emperor's goodwill;

His head should be upon the block,

For Negroes then to curse at will.

When Mussolini challenged us,

He knew the weakness of the men;

To feed and pat them on the back

Was all, to get them in the pen.

The cursed fool who fell for Rome,

And marched against the Motherland,

Should never live to tell the tale

Of his unholy traitor-hand.

The Psalmist sung of days to come,

And God himself did bless the time,

And yet the grinning fool of race

Betrays the cause that is sublime.

When all is o'er, and God prevails,

The curse of all the world shall be

Upon the heads of traitor-blacks

Who failed to make their country free.

Marcus - Devil In Mussolini

When God did make the world and all

He laid a righteous plan of things:

He never meant to harbour sin

Among mankind with all their kings.

He did establish holy law

To rule the mighty universe,

And everything that He did make

Was bound to follow such a course.

But evil crept into man's life,

And wasted all that Goodness gave,

And strife was stirred between the two

That pressed man into his sad grave:

The Devil and the Lord of Host

Have fought upon the plains of life,

And still we see the conflicts rage

With God on top in every strife.

The Caesars came and went their way,

With Alexander and his kind,

Napoleon did also come

With Mussolini close behind;

The latter devil raised his sword

To bleed a world of peaceful men.

And Roman sin proclaimed him great

For his descent on God's children

This devil in mad human form,

Performs his tricks and deeds with boast:

He plays on Italy's great fame

And challenges the Lord of Host

The fight goes on between the two,

To end as did the rest before,

For God must win in every cause

That man threatens on any shore.

The time will come when every hand

Will smite the Mad Dog on the head,

And he will pass away to Hell

And leave his stain among the dead.

This Mussolini-devil-man-

Has come from out the darkest cave.

And savage-like, in looks and deeds,

He seeks to take the life God gave.

No soul can this vile madman give,

No creature can he ever make,

Yet he would bleed all men to death

And all for vanity's sole sake.

He leads the march 'gainst black and white,

To crown himself the lord of earth,

But whilst he gains, for just a while,

His triumphs are just devil's mirth.

The time will come to chain his feet

And hands, like all the devil's gone,

And he will be just one more fool

Who from satanic womb was born.

Pray down the Devil of the hills-

The hills of Roman wickedness,

And look to God, the King of Peace,

Who reigns for human blessedness.

Messenger: soul-jah Sent: 12/6/2005 8:25:41 AM

greeting

i dont see i as the one confused , yor still seing black supremacy in the same context as white supremacy, opression is a western philosophy so plays no part in African livity, aims or morals
It is not about one race being superior in the sense of "die everyone who isnt black" it is about Blacks taking the lead through Rastafari to establishing racial unity, which can then lead to global unity.

this is the basic tenent of rastafari livity: black people are godly within as shown through Ethiopia. Blacks are the iriginal people of earth so must take the lead through rastafari to establish a new system with rastafari at its throne thus eliminating babylons hold on the masses ie BLACK SUPREMACY

if someone sees marcus or emmanual as a prophet then thats what they are to those that know

stop trying to change the meaning of rastafari to fit with your morals
not every thing Haile SelassieI stands for is communicated verbally or through scriptures but by divine telepathy listen to your conscionce more and words written by men less

peace and love

Messenger: soul-jah Sent: 12/6/2005 8:28:51 AM

dreadnut ive got work to do so havent read your essay in full so cant comment when i have time i will medi on it

peace and love

Messenger: JahIseek Sent: 12/6/2005 12:54:58 PM

Soul Jah,

KEEP THE FIYAHs BLAZING IYAH!

TRUTH the I speak....

I have reasoned on this time and again...

Them cant sight the TRUTH of Black Supremacy... ALWAYS looking at it in the CONtext of white supremacy...

Try REAL EYES - white supremacy is OPPRESSION...

Black Supremacy is UPLIFTMENT! THE TRUTH shall set IandI FREE!

How can one PRAIZE A BLACK GOD AND KING and not sight Black Supremacy??

I just never overs that one...

ISES ITINUAL TO IANDI BLACK GOD AND KING
HAILE SELASSIE Ist
JAH RAS TAFARI!
SELAH!

Messenger: Tefer_Anbesa Sent: 12/6/2005 2:56:49 PM

Easy Jah I Seek. I don't look at H.I.M. as black. I see H.I.M. as brown, the same colour as Shem, in between black and white, neutral. He Himself said that until the colour of a man's skin is of no more significance than the colour of His eyes ... Your concept of racial superiority does not accurately reflect the message that His Majesty came to deliver. You need to go back and study His teachings again, because your own mis-interpretation is distorted. Selassie I ~

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 12/6/2005 3:28:12 PM

Black Supremacy. How can that be good? Do the bredren overstand the word supremacy? It means the power to defeat or to dominate. Now I think that we can all agree what white supremacy stands for and that it is no good. Well in order to counter act this you would have to have power to defeat or dominate that white supremacist power, what better than Black Supremacy. Black Supremacy doesn't teach Black is better than white. It doesn't teach white is better than black. Black Supremacy calls for the love of each and every nation to each other.

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 12/6/2005 3:45:34 PM

It funny how easy it is to tell who isn't balck by the level of hostility and misunderstanding in a post.

The African Heritage is the strongest genetic line in huemanity. A pale skined person who mates with a dark skinned person will not produce a pale child.

The process of taking away a hueman's claim to blackness by claiming racial mixing is an opressive practice that draws attention away from the fact that darker is healthier.

You cannot change the ethnicity of a man by claiming he has white blood.

How many times has a homeless man been "lightened" by society?
Why is it that only kings and prophets recieve this treatment?

Black Supremacy reigned for thousands of years before white supremecy ever opened an eyelid to view the world. Ethiopia is the heart of Africa, has never been toppled and is the birthplace of Black supremecy.

The Black diaspora has never hated whites on a mass level, and never will. We have pitied whites, feared whites, underestemated whites, are often still confused by whites and welcome them to our own downfall.

Fear of Black supremecy is either fear of retrebution or fear of losing privilage.
Even when whites were treated as less than, they never experienced genocide by a black hand. They were in fact exiled rather than slaughtered when their presence was found to be far to disruptive to the Black community.

Black supremacy is not a theory it is the answer. The last time peace provailed on Earth Africans ruled it. It is a scientific fact that we all came from Ethiopia and Ethiopians are Black. And if you have some theory of them being of mixed blood due to the Hebrews, don't forget that the original Hebrews were also Black.

If the white bredren are feeling attacked, allow me to make two statments.
Welcome to what if feels like to be Black in Babylon!
Find a time in history when Blacks had no need of caution when whites were around.

Love Peace and FREEDOM
Empress Nzingha presents Hunny-Brown Sunshyne
Poet, chef, superhero
Balancer of the universe-soul equation
www.geocities.com/nzingha

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 109

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I