Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5695&start_row=1

Snoop lion

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 34
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Nick_27 Sent: 6/1/2014 2:35:54 AM

What does ini think of snoop lion? does ini consider he a true RastafarI? or no? let I know. jah bless

Messenger: Path Walker Sent: 6/1/2014 10:45:32 AM

InI can't judge a man I don't know, he may truly be on the trod. However I don't think he should be put up as a representative face and voice of this culture at this time.

Messenger: Ras NazIr Sent: 6/1/2014 11:10:03 AM

Igreed Iya Path Walker, InI cannot make a CONclusion on an I that Iman have not met nor talked to. Nor is it InI job to pass judgment. InI do know though that his "reggae" music, at least what InI have heard, is not what Iman look for in the music with the message. Not the "gospel music" so to speak, for lack of better word. But as them say, "Only time will tell", what is in the dark will come to light.

Selassie I

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/1/2014 11:51:04 AM

the only one qualified to answer that question would be Snoop Lion. (And not Bunny wailer!)

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 6/1/2014 12:21:35 PM

Yes I, each one must KNOW oneself.
One song I like the more I listen to it from that new Snoop album is Lighters Up, maybe just because it is a catchy song about Inity!! It also stays closer to Snoop's original style of rapping. Not even sure Snoop wrote a single song on that album though, it certainly was a collaborative project either way.
Iwombman will give Ises and thanks every time a Idren or Istren comes closer to JAH truth and closer to living in Inity w JAH Irit. Whether this is the end of the journey for Snoop or just one step in a new direction, I&I give thanks that the man is at least on a positive movement as opposed to the violence and slackness that man was raised in.
Blessed love to every divine soul, and may I&I be Itinually more Inified.

Messenger: Ras Raza Sent: 6/1/2014 1:29:01 PM

Snoop Lion will know if he is RasTafarI sooner or later. Only time will tell it as Iman would say, Itinually.

Messenger: Nick_27 Sent: 6/1/2014 1:53:47 PM

Well this is changing the topic but what music does ini like? What music has good gospel and inity? Thanks

Messenger: RAS-NATE-1995 Sent: 6/1/2014 1:57:11 PM

Sometimes people can have the wrong interpretation of what RasTafarI is all about.It's not every one who sais he/she is RasTafarI is RasTafarI.So the true Rastas are not those who merely say "I'm a Rasta",but those that know deep within that Selassie I dwells in them and they in HIM.I can't say that snoop is a complete fake,and there is some level of spirituality and mystic in some of his songs.And I agree with the I JAH Child,it's great that he forsook the folly of the past and was born again for a start...

difference between ideological and spiritual Rastas

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 6/1/2014 2:18:13 PM

Like d Queen say could b step for Snoop Zilla or his final stop but he may truly b on a
spiritual road for himself tryna find his place in dis world of confusion as he had joined The NOI a few years ago. Give thanks for him even makin those two steps long as he is sincere.
Lively Up YourSelf!!

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/1/2014 2:19:42 PM

Ras Nate are you saying Snoop is an ideological Rasta?

How can anyone know whether or not another individual recognises the divinity of HIM within themselves or not.

I don't even care if he wasn't sincere. Thats his business. If Rastafari reached one of his listeners which it may not have otherwise then it would have been well worth it. I give thanks for the positive promotion and wordsound. Any attempt to positively influence the younger generation in the name of roots and culture is good dohh?

and I can think of more reasons for him not to have changed his music and image than to do so; in terms of babylonian propaganda of black culture and profitability.

Big up Snoop.

His old music still Fire :)

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 34

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I