Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5242&start_row=21

Selassie I, is jesus christ & the father?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 36
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 8/16/2013 11:52:52 AM

Righteous Lion, here is a post addressing the interview the I is refering to.

Selassie I is a Man that is One with Jah

And here is another quote from Selassie I from the book Reggae Routes: The Story of Jamaican Music By Kevin O'Brien.
-----------
Former Senator and Gleaner editor, Hector Wynter, tells of asking him, during his visit to Jamaica in 1966, when he was going to tell Rastafarians he was not God. 'Who am I to disturb their belief?' replied the Emperor.
-----------

Usually I would have started deleting your posts by now, because I have already made it clear that it is not acceptable on this website to make posts saying Selassie I is not God. It may be nothing in your eyes to say such a thing, but in I eyes, it is a severe disrespect to I God. I really don't want to start deleting your posts, because from Reasoning with the I in the chat room, the I seems to have good intentions. But I will not give another warning.

Messenger: Righteous Lion Sent: 8/16/2013 3:39:16 PM

Here are some excerpts from an interview with Haile Selassie, conducted by Dr. Oswald
Hoffman on Christmas Day 1968.

Dr. Hoffman: Your Imperial Majesty, it is a great honour to be permitted to speak with you today and
also to have you as a guest on this special Christmas programme which will be broadcast to people all
over the world. Your Imperial Majesty, what is it that makes you want to follow Jesus Christ?

Haile Selassie: "When Jesus Christ was born from Virgin Mary, from that time on He lived an
exemplary life, a life which men everywhere must emulate. This life and the faith which He has taught
us assures us of salvation, assures us also of harmony and good life upon earth. Because of the
exemplary character of the life of Jesus Christ it is necessary that all men do their maximum in their
human efforts to see to it that they approximate as much as they can the good example that has been set
by Him.
It's quite true that there is no perfection in humanity. From time to time we make mistakes. We do
commit sins, but even as we do that, deep in our hearts as Christians we know we have [a chance of]
forgiveness from the Almighty. He taught us that all men are equal regardless of sex, their national
origin and tribe. And He also taught us all who seek Him shall find Him. To live in this healthy life, a
Christian life, is what makes me follow Jesus Christ."

Dr. Hoffman: Your Imperial Majesty, what advice would you give a person who is considering the claims
of Christ, perhaps for the first time?

Haile Selassie: "I would tell a person who was considering the claims of Christ for the first time that it is
necessary to have faith in the Almighty, that it is necessary to have love, and that it is necessary to
conduct oneself in a manner that we have been taught to do in the Bible.
I would also advise him to seek the secular knowledge, for the more one knows the more he realizes the
need for a prime mover, the need for a Creator, a Creator who is good, and the need for salvation and
also for peaceful life upon earth.
I would also tell him to learn and to think for himself the ways he would serve the Lord. In this thought
and in this undertaking of his he will inevitably find the way of serving his fellow men. For his faith
would then be manifested by His conduct. If Christians behave in this way, if we dedicate ourselves to
this fundamental task, then we will have a peaceful world and will be assured of not transgressing against
the will and the Commandments of God."

Here are some other comments made by Haile Selassie in the same interview, from a
document he wrote called
"My Life and Ethiopia’s Progress, Volume 2", an interview by Bill McNeil,
and from his address to the World Evangelical Congress in 1966.

Haile Selasssie: "When He [Jesus Christ] sacrificed himself at Golgotha for the atonement of our sin, He
prayed with His last breath for the forgiveness of those who had tortured Him saying, ‘Father, forgive
them for they know not what they do’. Shame on those of us who are Christians and do not follow the
way of the Savior of the World, whose life was filled with kindness, humility, and martyrdom!"

Haile Selassie: "Without love all of our human efforts in the sight of God can be useless. He loved us and
on our behalf He was given as a ransom, and it was because of love and His love for us that He
accomplished the act of love."

Haile Selassie: "We in Ethiopia have one of the oldest versions of the Bible, but however old the version
may be, in whatever language it might be written, the Word remains one and the same. It transcends all
boundaries of empires and al conceptions of race. It is eternal…. And I might say for myself that from
early childhood I was taught to appreciate the Bible and my love for it increases with the passage of time.
All through my troubles I have found it a cause of infinite comfort…. Today man sees all his hopes and
aspirations crumbling before him. He is perplexed and knows not whither he is drifting. But he must
realize that the Bible is his refuge, and the rallying point for all humanity. In it man will find the
solution of his present difficulties and guidance for his future action, and unless he accepts with clear
conscience the Bible and its great Message, he cannot hope for salvation. For my part, I glory in the
Bible."

Haile Selassie: "This age above all ages is a period in history when it should be our prime duty to preach
the Gospel of grace to all our fellow men and women. The love shown in Christ by our God to mankind
should constrain all of us who are followers and disciples of Christ to do all in our power to see to it that
the Message of Salvation is carried to those of our fellows for whom Christ our Savior was sacrificed but
who have not had the benefit of hearing the Good News…. However wise or however mighty a person
may be, he is like a ship without a rudder if he is without God. A rudderless ship is at the mercy of the
waves and the wind, drifts wherever they take it, and if there arises a whirlwind it is smashed against the
rocks and becomes as if it has never existed. It is our firm belief that a soul without Christ is bound to
meet with no better fate. Therefore, O Christians, let us arise and, with the spiritual zeal and
earnestness which characterized the Apostles and early Christians, let us labor to lead out brothers and
sisters to our Savior Jesus Christ, Who only can give life in its fullest sense!"

Haile Selassie: [in response to the question "There are millions throughout the world, your Imperial
Majesty, who regard you as the reincarnation of Jesus Christ."] "I had heard of that idea. I also met
certain Rastafarians. I told them clearly that 'I am a man,' that 'I am mortal,' and that 'I would be
replaced by the oncoming generation, and that they should never make a mistake in assuming or
pretending that the human being is emanated from a deity.'"
JAH RASTAFARI!!!!!!

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 8/16/2013 4:08:15 PM

Selassie I is the Almighty no doubt....Even Jesus hailed the Father yet him was the same with the Father.His Majesty hailed Jesus even though they are one.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 8/16/2013 11:41:00 PM

I tell you not to post another post saying Haile Selassie I is not God, so you post Haile Selassie I quotes that you think says that he is not God, but not one of those quotes say that.  Maybe those quotes convince you that Haile Selassie I is not God,  and convince you that Haile Selassie I is a sinner, but I am not you and will never be you.  I have known those quotes for a long time and they never made I question I God even a little.  And the truth is that those quotes didn't even convince you that Haile Selassie I is not God, you never knew Haile Selassie I is God in the first place.

Like I said, I have went through too many circles with person after person coming with the same thing.  Here is the circle coming again.  At least this time I just copied and pasted.

I have said before,

==========================

Selassie I is One with Jah, Selassie I is Jah.

A lot of people use the interview answer below to say that Selassie is not Jah.  But it is just misinterpretation of his words.

Bill Mc Neil: "there are millions of Christians throughout the world, your Imperial Majesty, who regard you as the reincarnation of Jesus Christ."

Selassie I: "I had heard of that idea. I also met certain Rastafarians. I told them clearly that 'I am a Man,' that 'I am mortal,'(I have heard that an Ethiopian that listened to this interview said that Selassie I never said mortal) and that 'I would be replaced by the oncoming generation, and that they should never make a mistake in assuming or pretending that the human being is emanated from a deity.'"

Canada 1967 Interview with Selassie

When I look at RasTafarI's answer, this is how I Iverstand it.  He showed the people that he is a Man, and will be replaced by the oncoming generation.  Selassie I was born of mother and father, just like I and I, so he didn't flow out(emanate) of God, any more than I and I.  Both I and I and Selassie I come from the lineage of Adam and Eve. 

Notice that he said that the humans we see have not emanated from God, but he never said that a human cannot be God. I and I can be God, but only by being One with Jah.  I and I can't be God separate from Jah, as two gods.  But I and I can only join with Jah, to be One with HIM,  as One God.

Selassie lives by the example of Christ, so he became One with Jah by his destiny and livity.  And all of I and I can also be One with Jah, by I and I livity.  Selassie I said that "we should never make a mistake in assuming or pretending that the human being is emanated from a deity".  This statement shows I that no man, not even the Son of Man Christ, emanated (or flowed out) from God.  Christ was born of his mother Mary, and by his destiny and livity became One with Jah.

Jah first sent Christ born from a virgin, to show I and I the way to live.  But afterwards, people made the excuse that they can't live without sin, or be One with Jah.  They made the excuse that because Christ was born differently, that it was possible for him to live this way, but not for us, because we are born from mother and father.

So Jah sent RasTafarI to I and I, to show I and I the way to live.  Haile Selassie I was born of mother and father, just like I and I, so we no longer have the excuse that we can't live without sin and be One with Jah.  If Selassie I can be born like I and I, and still live without sin and be One with Jah, then I and I can do the same.

So I and I should know that it is not about I and I coming out of God to be One with Jah.  But it is about I and I going to God to be One with Jah.  And I and I go to God by living in His way and listening to His instruction and joining ourselves with the Most High.

Jah RasTafarI is One with Jah, and like I already said about One.  One is One in completeness, no separation, and no parts.  And I and I are supposed to be One with Jah also, this is the way to reach Zion, because no sin shall not enter in.

-----------------------
added 2013/08/16
I wrote this post later in this Reasoning, in 2007

People always try to use this interview and lie, saying that Selassie I said he was not God. Selassie I never said he was not God, and that also wasn't even the question asked of him.

If Selassie I wasn't God, why wouldn't he just say "I am not God". Selassie I never said that because Haile Selassie I knows who He is.
-----------------------

-----------------------
added 2013/05/18
I wrote this post later in this Reasoning, in 2008

Here is a quote from the book Reggae Routes: The Story of Jamaican Music By Kevin O'Brien.

-----------
Former Senator and Gleaner editor, Hector Wynter, tells of asking him, during his visit to Jamaica in 1966, when he was going to tell Rastafarians he was not God. 'Who am I to disturb their belief?' replied the Emperor.
-----------
-----------------------

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 8/16/2013 11:41:22 PM

I have said before,

Haile Selassie I said:

It's quite true that there is no perfection in humanity. From time to time we make mistakes. We do commit sins, but even as we do that, deep in our hearts as Christians we know we have a chance of forgiveness from the Almighty. He taught us that all men are equal regardless of sex, their national origin and tribe. And He also taught us all who seek HIM shall find HIM. To live in this healthy life, a Christian life, is what makes me follow Jesus Christ.

It is obvious from this paragraph that Selassie I is speaking about humanity as a whole.  So when he says we, he means "we as a human race".  He is not talking about himself when he says we.

What do you think the people's reaction would be if Selassie I said, "It's quite true that there is no perfection in humanity. From time to time you make mistakes. You do commit sins, but even as you do that......"

People would shun him and refuse his words because it would sound like he is accusing people.  So by saying we, He is generalizing, so that people might be more likely to hear His words.  Selassie I doesn't say what he says for vanity, he says what he says so that people can learn and rise higher.

Haile Selassie I said in another speech:

Shame on those of us who are Christians and do not follow the way of the Savior of the World, whose life was filled with kindness, humility, and martyrdom! If we lived by the laws he gave us and were worthy of being called Christian, peace would have reigned on this earth.

Does your filthy mind think that Selassie I is saying Shame on himself for not following the way of the Saviour of the World and saying that He is not worthy of being called a Christian, because He talks about we and us? If you think such things, then I not only don't want to see you saying that Jah RasTafarI Haile Selassie I is less, I don't want to see you saying anything at all here, I have no interest in the anti-christ.

Try to find one place in any of Selassie I words where he talks about a time where he sinned, or even says that he himself is a sinner?  You will never find such a thing.

But one thing you will find is this.

---------------------------
Fallaci: Your Majesty, I would like you to tell me something about yourself. Tell me were you ever a disobedient youth? But maybe I ought to ask you first whether you have ever had time to be young, Your Majesty?

Selassie: We don't understand that question. What kind of question is that? It is obvious that We have been young. We weren't born old! We have been a child, a boy, a youth, an adult, and finally an old man. Like everyone else. Our Lord the Creator made us like everyone else. Maybe you wish to know what kind of youth We were. Well We were a very serious, very diligent, very obedient youth. We were sometimes punished, but do you know why? Because what We were made to study did not seem enough and We wished to study further. We wanted to stay on at school after lessons were over. We were loath to amuse ourselves, to go riding, to play. We didn't want to waste time on games.

---------------------------

So as you can see, Selassie I was such an obedient Youth, that the only thing He was punished for was not wasting His time with games and refusing to stop from Rising Higher for even a moment.  How can a heathen like you imagine that He would be sinful as an Adult?  When He was a Child, He was different then any other youth in the world, no youth is as obedient and righteous as He was as a Youth.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 8/16/2013 11:41:45 PM

Those with eyes to see will see.

It is so funny to I that some people are so driven and passionate about convincing people that Haile Selassie I is not God.

What is even funnier is that every single person they convince would have come to that conclusion on their own anyway, because they never knew that Haile Selassie I is God, they just said it.  And not even one person who recognizes Haile Selassie I as God will ever stop recognizing Haile Selassie I.

I don't have a desire to convince anybody that Haile Selassie I is God.  I Reasonings about Haile Selassie I being God are for I people, those that don't need to look for signs because they recognize Haile Selassie I because they are His Children.

RasTafarI will never leave RasTafarI, that is impossible.  I and I will always recognize I and I Father.

Messenger: Righteous Lion Sent: 8/26/2013 2:32:58 PMHidden - Offensive
View Message  Reply

Messenger: ZIonChild Sent: 8/28/2013 5:33:20 PM

Thanks for all of the replies, I really appreciate it....

BLESS

Messenger: 1forTruth Sent: 8/29/2013 12:10:03 PM

Greetings, I rasponse is to Righteous Lion. The I and I have a lot of similairities. InI as Rastafarian see Yeshua who I used to say Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. i know this is pivotal and I will assume Ark 1 and every Rastafari sight the same but HIM is more than what the natural eye sees. Lets look with the inner I, the Irit given to us by the Son from the Father.

Lets entertain the notion that he is just a Christian King. What is the reward for having faith in Christ? It is the expectation of eternal life, everlasting life by following Christ commandments right?

Did Selassie I achieve through his works (Jh 5:36)? Ark 1 proved that to you.

Another question, in what name did Yeshua Ha Moshiyah come in? What his name or the Fathers name (Jh 5:43)? It is the fathers name

In whose name did Haile Selassie I come in?
Remember in 1928 he was crowned King Ras Tafari and not Haile Selassie I. In 1930 he chose his baptisal name and dropped his birth name. Haile Selassie I, means 1st Power of the Trinity (Father, Son, Holy Spirit), so just like Yeshua he came in the Fathers name as earths rightful ruler.

Next question who is sitting on the heavenly throne? Isnt it not Father

who is on his right hand? Isnt it not the son, Yeshua

Who is the Lion of Judah? Yeshua

And who is the King of kings? Father

But yet Father and Son are one, Orthodox teachings even say equal

So is Haile Selassie I still just a christian king or is he more in the metaphysical?

I strongly belive it will be very offensive for one not to give HIM the full credit he is due by saying he is just a christian king.

He is the Father of Africa, is this not true?

Yeshua teachings are very clear, The Son teaches of the Father and the Father teaches of the Son. (Jh 17:1-6)

So who is Haile Selassie I?

Who is this "man" that teaches of the Son?

Messenger: Raybob Sent: 8/29/2013 11:27:53 PM

Every word ever spoken or written by Haile Selassie I was perfect and a trumpet from Jah. Every word ever sung by Bob Marley was perfect and a trumpet from Jah. To InI, Bob Marley is "jesus christ & the father", and spirit. There was only 'man' Jah that rose from the dead and brought the spirit of truth (Jah) to us, but everyone has the choice to live for it or against it. There is no middle ground for the lost that 'try'.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 36

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I