Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3781&start_row=11

Character

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 32
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 12/23/2009 10:40:21 PM

There are many definitions of character. I know the I wasn't asking for a dictionary definition, but it is important because the definition the I is using is different than the definition I use. I put the dictionary definition at the end of this Reasoning, so it doesn't get in the way.

When I was speaking of character, it is with the definition of characteristics. Like the saying that a tree can be recognized by the fruit it bears. So how a person lives, moves, talks shows the characteristics of that person.

In response to what irielight said. If a person can't be One in babylon, or in the worst and most evil places within babylon, then it is impossible for them to be One anywhere. One is One with no separation, and there are no obstacles for One. It is like people think that God can be tempted by wickedness. Such a thing could never happen, it is impossible, so it is also impossible for those who are One.

Yes I Black Christ Salvation, I have also shown people those words, along with other words of Christ showing I and I that I and I can be One and I and I are supposed to be One. Some people think it is blasphemy to say that we can be One with the Most High, and it seems like when I show them those words of Christ, they don't allow the words to settle in their mind, but try to slide it off as quick as possible, so that they don't have to face it. It is almost unbelievable that it is possible for a person to hear those words and not Iverstand what Christ is saying. A straight forward statement has somehow become a parable to some.

Here is part of what I said about it before.
---------------------------------------------------
When I have told some people about Christ's message to be One. The statement I most often get is that Christ meant One as meaning in agreement with the principals that God teaches. These people only see One in part, they don't see the fullness of One.

The One that Christ is speaking about is One in completeness, with no separation. And Christ knew that people wouldn't want to hear this message and if he just said be One with God, they would have changed and rearranged what he said to make it sound like less than One. So Christ repeated himself and elaborated and said it different ways and explained it in more detail and even gave them a frame of reference of how they were to be One. The frame of reference was to be One as Christ is One. But still people have changed and rearranged and cannot believe what Christ is teaching.

People Blind to Oneness

---------------------------------------------------

char⋅ac⋅ter
  /ˈkærɪktər/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [kar-ik-ter] Show IPA
Use character in a Sentence
See web results for character
See images of character
–noun
1. the aggregate of features and traits that form the individual nature of some person or thing.
2. one such feature or trait; characteristic.
3. moral or ethical quality: a man of fine, honorable character.
4. qualities of honesty, courage, or the like; integrity: It takes character to face up to a bully.
5. reputation: a stain on one's character.
6. good repute.
7. an account of the qualities or peculiarities of a person or thing.
8. a person, esp. with reference to behavior or personality: a suspicious character.
9. Informal. an odd, eccentric, or unusual person.
10. a person represented in a drama, story, etc.
11. a part or role, as in a play or film.
12. a symbol as used in a writing system, as a letter of the alphabet.
13. the symbols of a writing system collectively.
14. a significant visual mark or symbol.
15. status or capacity: the character of a justice of the peace.
16. a written statement from an employer concerning the qualities of a former employee.
17. Literature. (esp. in 17th- and 18th-century England) a formal character sketch or descriptive analysis of a particular human virtue or vice as represented in a person or type. Compare character sketch.
18. Genetics. any trait, function, structure, or substance of an organism resulting from the effect of one or more genes as modified by the environment.
19. Computers.
a. any symbol, as a number, letter, punctuation mark, etc., that represents data and that, when encoded, is usable by a machine.
b. one of a set of basic symbols that singly or in a series of two or more represents data and, when encoded, is usable in a computer.
20. a style of writing or printing.
21. Roman Catholic Theology. the ineffaceable imprint received on the soul through the sacraments of baptism, confirmation, and ordination.
22. (formerly) a cipher or cipher message.
–adjective
23. Theater.
a. (of a part or role) representing a personality type, esp. by emphasizing distinctive traits, as language, mannerisms, physical makeup, etc.
b. (of an actor or actress) acting or specializing in such roles.
–verb (used with object) Archaic.
24. to portray; describe.
25. to engrave; inscribe.
—Idioms
26. in character,
a. in harmony with one's personal character or disposition: Such behavior is not in character for him.
b. in accordance with the role or personality assumed in a performance: an actor in character.
27. out of character,
a. out of harmony with one's personal character or disposition: Her remarks were out of character.
b. away from the role or personality assumed in a performance: The actor stepped out of character.

Messenger: irielight Sent: 12/24/2009 4:27:51 AM

Eleazae and black christ salvation:
Oh so you find it easy to be at one with Jah in Babylon, right thats good.

So how many times a day does the I look at the time/watch?
How many times a day does the I look in the mirror?
How often does the I use a motor vehicle?

and I wonder how the I might get along without using money?

Messenger: irielight Sent: 12/24/2009 4:32:08 AM

?

Messenger: Determination Sent: 12/24/2009 8:29:56 AM

I sight Character as a facet of personality. Personality is the lower self. Soul is the higher self. This declaration of levels, one being called higher, one being called lower, is not a discrimination, if only to show importance in this time; they are not separate, and one does not undermine the other or vice versa. Both are needed to be One, as everyone has been expressing. I hear everyones cry for Unity. Bearing witness to the maturity of this forum, there is no need for I to explain the importance of Soul; but character deserves equal exploration. It is a integral part of human freedom; the development of our social network, to put it slightly scientifically. Think of it as an edge or a lining. A Soul, call it Goodness, without edge has no substance, but is just plain air. Why, nowadays, "Character" garners a definition, is because the unmindful society has created two selves in an effort to categorize us, sort our traits into boxes, whilst leaving God out and as an option, a grander effort to make dirty money.
Now, from another point of view, we have culture. Culture is a form of Unity and is a way to grow as One. There is no "celebrity vision" no "fantasy life" no "fiction". With culture, physicality, personality, and spirituality grows in a tight knit bond with reality of the present Earth, its settlers, and big Jah Jah. The right Culture will teach the youth how to survive with the land given through even the roughest of times, will protect the identity against the pressures of false reality and confusion, and will preserve the vision of who we are at the end of the day: One with Almighty God.
America is new and has no culture. This should come as no surprise. Coming from JA, living here now for nearly a decade, I can say this without conviction or remorse. This place is a dreamland, an illusion, a lie, whatever one may want to call it. Lives here are forced into brackets, from birth to death. There is fear. Motions here are too quick and not thoroughly thought through. Conversations are mere scripts, devoid of intimacy and divine purpose. The same can be said for budding relationships, worse for the ones created "online". It's almost like a breeding ground for bacteria, this country. InI watches day by day as these germs grow into families, societies, people. Just lost. Not grow, are being cultured, is more like it, in the labs of scientists, the meeting grounds of psychologists, oblivious teachers, false prophets and fake leaders.
All the hopeless sinners.
I have come to overstand that it is important to keep character, but to let it be true. You can only be yourself. Let righteous emotions, pure intentions and the vibrations of the earth be your guides. And create no partiality with your body and soul. After all, character is mostly the mind. And the mind is the medium, so keep it balanced and constantly checked up on. Also, keep an eye out for Babylon, the devil in disguise. Perhaps the best advice I can offer is to never take anything too seriously, seeing the conflicts that tend to generate after the good words have done been spoken on a topic. That, and love more.

What the I's think?

-Satta Amassa Gana

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 12/24/2009 10:09:14 AM

irielight, the I is not Iverstanding Eleazar and Black Christ Salvation.

The I said,
----------------------------------
It is difficult to be at one with Jah whilst one is in Babylon...
----------------------------------

By this statement the I is encouraging failure and faith in failure, and making excuses for wickedness.

It is better to say, "Blaze Fire every day and don't settle for weakness in order to purify yourself and become One wherever you are, including in the midst of babylon."

Eleazar and Black Christ Salvation were returning things to balance by encouraging Oneness and Faith in Oneness.

Messenger: NordMan Sent: 12/24/2009 1:55:50 PM

Determination:

Don't the I sight the higher self,soul, as same in all. If so, isn't caracter then just same as personallity by the I's definiton.

irielight

as a response to what the i said. Babylon can not hurt you from outside if the I don't let Babylon in. No matter where on eath the I stand, live right and babylon is nothing. Flip sides, no place can save the I if you the I live wrong.

Always a choice, always have been, always will be.

Messenger: NordMan Sent: 12/24/2009 2:32:20 PM

Determination,

I missread the I's words.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 12/25/2009 10:19:25 PM

As I showed before, there are many definitions for the word character, so depending on which one a person uses, a very different view of character can be seen. I can see the view that Jah Bird and others have brought forward, and they are not wrong, they are just not the only way to see it.

Because of the various definitions, I can't really argue to say character means this or that in an absolute sense, as I said in my first reply, I personally use it in various ways.

An Idren of mine saw this post and showed I these words from Selassie I.

---------------------------------
Learning and profound knowledge nurture noble character and impart wisdom.

The family unit and educational establishments have great responsibilities in these endeavors for they are the basis of national progress and prosperity. The harvest of life is character which grows with time and it is this very factor that determines one's destiny and future. We shall always bear this in mind and in so doing, we shall avoid personal disaster and will not bring adverse influence on others.

Here are some more words from Selassie I using the word. To be more specific, the Ethiopian word that translates to character.

A father should bequeath not only wealth but also provide proper education. Education has value when it is established in individuals of good character with respect to God. We wish that your destiny shall be embraced in an education firmly based in good character before men and respect before God.

When Jesus Christ was born from Virgin Mary, from that time on He lived an exemplary life, a life which men everywhere must emulate. This life and the faith which He has taught us assures us of salvation, assures us also of harmony and good life upon earth. Because of the exemplary character of the life of Jesus Christ it is necessary that all men do their maximum in their human efforts to see to it that they approximate as much as they can the good example that has been set by HIM.

It is the duty of teachers to direct the thought and outlook as well as mould the character of their students. For this reason, the responsibility of teachers in training student-teachers aimed at the future progress and development of our country and the proper upbringing of students, could hardly be underestimated.

He who would be a leader must pay the price in self-discipline and moral restraints. This details the correction and improvement of his personal character, the checking of passions and desires and an exemplary control of one's bodily needs and desires.

Messenger: Jah Bird Sent: 12/27/2009 5:36:53 AM

Blessed I and i
Indeed character can be sighted in more than one view.
Like Irielight said people are programmed by media etc. nowadays people have a certain acceptable value in the society either you are in the ’accepted’ way or not. It took a long time and still in many countries for locks to be accepted. People with locks in many countries are regarded to have the characteristics of a “junky’ of hippy, because we do not fit with the clean cut shaved society that they assume to have the good character. Characteristics have been here for ages and the tree with programmed characteristics will eventually bear a fruit with rather the same characteristics.
What I am trying to say is in the spiritual ways one does not need a character because character is need only for social living, to be accepted in a society. The society is made up by people. Christ did not have the character that was ‘good ’in his days he was seen as a rebel an outcast. He even said I did not come to make peace… that is righteousness speaking.
I and I need to look to righteousness than character. I don’t recall in the Ible that it is said one needs a character no just one need be righteous. With the right ‘character’one can blend in easily, as I and I have seen in this forum. With the right words with the reasoning and the stories of their live, but eventually the character fades and then they get blazed up.
Why do I and I say wolf in sheep clothes, because the wolf uses the right characteristics to blend in. Character is simply a good act..not real. It can help ones to ease the pain of reality . to get where you want to get on life, but it remains a cover up.
The wicked can have a good and loved character like the Pope for example. But with righteousness one need not have that character it is there.
Righteous man is never afraid, he /she will act in the moment and that Is always true and beautiful. Character can never burn down wickedness, but only righteousness. People with the so called character are afraid.

Personality is not needed to be One with Jah, only holy Irits. Jah Irits will and can replace personality, but it doesn’t work vice-versa.

I will deeply read the post the I made Ark I (words of H.I.M)

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 12/27/2009 10:29:55 PM

Yes I Jah Bird, it is true what the I is saying.

Some people put forward an illusion to make a character that looks like someone who they are not. They see what the Righteous Ones say and do, and copy that to make a character that looks like the Righteous Ones.

Righteousness creates characteristics through the words and works that come from Righteousness. The wicked who want to infiltrate the Righteous copy the characteristics to make a false illusion character, but if they are observed closely enough, their true character shows through.

Fire Blaze all illusions.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 32

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I