Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3781&start_row=1

Character

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 32
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Jah Bird Sent: 12/21/2009 4:32:19 PM

Greetings all,
wanted to know the I's definition to the word 'Character', not those on the dictionary.
Blessed

Messenger: irielight Sent: 12/21/2009 6:51:08 PM

what one sees of a person from the outside

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 12/21/2009 10:43:34 PM

I use that word in different ways, but the most common way is to describe a person's spirit and mind, what kind of person they are, how they live their life.

Messenger: Jah Bird Sent: 12/23/2009 3:10:43 PM

give thanks what do the i dem think of this:
Character is FALSE it is needed by those who don't have conciousness. Consiousness is knowing (sighting)if you can see you don't ask where the door is.
Charachter is needed by people who are not concious. It is a lubricant to smoothen things(or life) out. It is a shock observer.
Character is a set patorn given by society,state or church.Charachter means you have a ready made answer for many many life questions. So whenever a situation arises you answer according to the set patorn/ready made answer.
So it is not a true response it is a reaction.
A man of character reacts, whereas a man of conciousness responses in the moment not past nor future.
The response of the man 'without' character is refreshing and with deepth.

Messenger: NordMan Sent: 12/23/2009 5:33:42 PM

sounds like ego or "set" personality. I iverstand the point but I don't define character like that. What the I is describing as character is what a person must leave to become whole, one, one with Jah.

And when I think of it as that, of course, jah needs no character, Jah is.

So when I think further, Character can be used as a tool to stand by ones word, a tool to help develop in Jah direction but it could also be a harmful wheapon against the course of Jah. Until man is one with jah, the character can be used to burn out wickedness through abillity to fast wicked habits out. A great tool but everything has its time. So the day when one can leave the character behind and just be one with Jah is what to strive for.

Jah Bless

Messenger: irielight Sent: 12/23/2009 5:50:35 PM

Jah Bird: correction: shock observer = shock absorber

It is interesting to observe your character there :P
**joke**

Thanks Jah Bird

I find it interesting that people who have a character, mostly are so
reliant on the character that they have been given that they assume everything they see to be true....things on the news, in the newspaper, etc. They are so hopelessly reliant on what they are fed by the media that it is easy to bypass them unoticed or even control their thought/actions...if one wanted...

As an example: when I was young....when I rented out an office to do my business, characters would see the illusion of the office and automatically assume that we were doing well etc etc and i noticed that everyone was respectfull... (the truth is I was only 17 and the offices were 1/4 of the price of a bedsitting room!!)

Years later when i am much more wealthy, when I dont have an office, or am working as an employee for someone, i notice a servere change in one's response to me and dis-respect....

To be frank I find it rediculous!
but thats the way most people are in England where I live...
They believe everything they see and are hopelessly reliant on being fed..

I find it interesting that if a character sees something (lets say a new product) on the news they will automatically think it is great and tell everyone about it.....but if I produced that same product and show it to them myself wearing a pair of jeans...they would most probably shun it...

Babylon is nothing without the character feeding media

I have noticed that the youth have less character and are more conscious nowadays even ignorant perhaps?

Messenger: irielight Sent: 12/23/2009 6:13:07 PM

nordman:
It is difficult to be at one with Jah whilst one is in Babylon...
For example it causes I to be trusting and slightly female/child like... soft/gentle etc

This can cause people to take advantage of the I

I See this as being a time when i either wear my hat to cover I hair, or let my hear down....If I am in the company of Babylon people I try to cover my hear..and I am naturally protected

Me has however noticed that since I became conscious, people who might try to do me wrong etc, over time they seem to get tied up by Jah in a funny sort of way.....I find the Natural Justice of Jah usually to be quite funny!!!! the same as the signs i see when he is communicating with the I.....very funny coincidences!! but thats another story!!

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 12/23/2009 6:48:25 PM

Irielight,

What is this foolishness about it being hard to be One with Jah while in babylon?

JAH can never be tempted, and is always perfect. The Gospel tells I and I to be One as well.

John 17
9 I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.
10 And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them.
11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.
20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;
21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:
23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.
24 Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.
25 O righteous Father, the world hath not known thee: but I have known thee, and these have known that thou hast sent me.
26 And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.

Messenger: Black Christ Salvation Sent: 12/23/2009 7:07:15 PM

John 17:9-26
I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them.

And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.

O righteous Father, the world hath not known thee: but I have known thee, and these have known that thou hast sent me.

And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.

HOLY EMMANUEL I, SELASSIE I, JAH, RASTAFARI!!!

Do you know the name of the Father? Do you know the name of the Son? Do you know the name of the Holy One? Do you know that the 3 is 1?
3 in 1 and 1 in 3 - Ruler of Earth, Sky and Sea!

JAHOVIAH JAH RASTAFARI
NEGUS HIGH, MOST HIGH, HAILE SELASSIE I

Messenger: bredren aaron Sent: 12/23/2009 7:17:21 PM

I live in western babylon and have no problems praising JAH for he is in I's heart and I know that JAH will be there for I.The I has been growing I's hair for 14years and have not tried to hide it.I have had criticism and threats of cutting I's hair but I don't care what they say the I is at one with I-self.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 32

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I