Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3781&start_row=21

Character

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 32
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Fikre Jahnhoi Sent: 12/28/2009 2:54:51 PM

As far as iman is concerned, character is EVERYTIHING, everything else is crap, everything else is just the mind trying to justify the actions of the character, a good character is above anything else.

the good samaritan was not good because he was a samaritan, but because he was of a good character.

I have seen planty man say dem a follow King Selassie, then them get 3 or 4 different woman, and when you say why, dem start talk about Solomon. Bullshit. That is simply them own character, them just gravitate towards Solomon because the mind needs a way to justify their actions, through dem know as well as i do, if dem stay with King Selassie, they cannot justify their actions

To the i Jah Bird,
"Christ did not have the character that was ‘good ’in his days he was seen as a rebel an outcast."
that only proves his good character
It is His Perfect Character that makes him Christ.

I think you are a bit confused about one thing cos i see the i said
"I and I need to look to righteousness than character."

thats wrong

what you should have said is
i and i need to look to righteousness OF character

"Character is simply a good act..not real."

how did the i come to that reasoning iyah?

we are not reasoning about lying are we?
cos if we are a person can lie about anything, dem character, dem righteosness,...a person can pretend to be whatever, until Jah reveals your shame
but if ini a talk bout whats real, then nothing is realer than character, it is the foundation of a person, it is the driving force, the motivation to do anything comes out of character

I know what the ting dem call catholic is, seen ?

and the only reason why i dont stand here and fire blaze everyone who would fall for such a thing is because why ? because i know there are nuff people out there who may be catholic but they are of a good character, and that comes first to i

so, why do you refer to some as wolves in sheep clothing?

because you know as well as i man, there are nuff out there who are quick to say Rastafari, and one love, and wave the red gold and green, and this and dat, and then wha? you sit and reason with them and you get to find dem character is dirty

lie mi a tell ?

Messenger: Fikre Jahnhoi Sent: 12/28/2009 3:04:46 PM

Righteous man is never afraid, he /she will act in the moment and that Is always true and beautiful. Character can never burn down wickedness, but only righteousness.

im sorry but i dont sight how that even begins to make sense

i mean, what else is a righteous man except a man of good character ???
You nah see it?

if i say you are righteous, what else am i saying but.. you are of good character ???

sometimes the i dem make complications of the most simple things when the i dem dont need to

a good character is equal to a righteous character is equal to the foundation of a good person, regardless of race,creed nationality,religion or faith

Messenger: Jah Bird Sent: 12/28/2009 4:26:56 PM

blessed I may be simplicity is for the better.
may be i have gone a little deeper in i meditation.No apology.
Tell I is there a differece between righteousness and character?
which one should guide one and why? the i wrote "look for righteousness OF character' i didn't quite get that.

is not character judged by man and rigteousness by the Most High?

the i worte: 'because you know as well as i man, there are nuff out there who are quick to say Rastafari, and one love, and wave the red gold and green, and this and dat, and then wha? you sit and reason with them and you get to find dem character is dirty'
...my point exactly
If character can get dirty it is not everything, thus not perfect.one can use it however.
Rigteousness can not get dirty it is a gift from the Almighty ONE.
you don't have good righteousness or bad righteousness
you have rigteous and wicked.
I overs what the i said and hopefully many good characters are lead by righeousness.
but the foundation is rigteousness and not the character. that was i point.
the i words 'a good character is equal to a righteous character is equal to the foundation of a good person, regardless of race,creed nationality,religion or faith'

Messenger: Fikre Jahnhoi Sent: 12/28/2009 7:12:59 PM

Come now, brethren, the i still complicating things when its really not complicated

First, the sights a difference between simplicity and a deeper meditation, but the truth, mi bredda, is that the deepest iditation is found in simpicity, in fact, one of the prime reasons for ididtation is to achieve simplicity, the i nah see it ?

"is not character judged by man and rigteousness by the Most High?"

how do you figure, iyah?

if i say, that man is of a good character, is it not i who is judging him to be a man of good character ?

and if i say, that man is a righteous man, whats the difference, is it still not i who is judging him to be a righteous man ?

The problem here is that your whole reasoning is based on the point that anyone can pretend to be of good character, and so therefore character is not real
This is false, iyah, make no mistake about it

as i said before, if we are talking about lying and pretending, then anyone can pretend anything
but
if a man can pretend to be of a good character, do you really think that that same man cannot pretend to be righteous, when he is not really?
come now, the i must sight this

what is a sheep in clothing, iyah ?
is it not someone who is pretending to be righteous ?

so,then what shall we say, righteousness is not real either ?

"you dont have good righteousness or bad righteousness"

true
but, you do have true righteousness and false righteousness

just as you have true character and false character, isnt that so

"I overs what the i said and hopefully many good characters are lead by righeousness.
but the foundation is rigteousness and not the character. that was i point."

and if the i could sight what i am saying, the i woulda sight that the righteous are led by their good character, not the other way around

have you never seen a man of good character try to do an unrighteous thing for whatever reason?
have you never seen how uncomfortable they become, have you never seen some people who are simply unable to tell a lie, and if they tried, everyone would know they are lying......because why ? because when people of good character try to do something unrighteous, it feels very unatural to them, the i see it yet, iyah ? Their good character helps them to stay on the right path, cos the right path comes natural to them
but those of bad character, it is easy and natural for them to do unrighteous things

the i them need fe overs, this is why Rastafari is a calling, that good and clean character, that Rastafari character has to be there already, Christ character has to be there, an inborn concept, ini naver convert to Rastafari, ini born Rastafari, we nah care what the world waan say

a wha ini say ? Christ in His Kingly wha ? Character

yes i

Messenger: Fikre Jahnhoi Sent: 12/28/2009 8:15:35 PM

a good character is equal to a righteous character is equal to the foundation of a good person, regardless of race,creed nationality,religion or faith'
i neva ment the word equal in the sense of equal in...status, or whtva

i mean equal in the mathematical sense, as in "equal to", as in, "is the same as"

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 12/28/2009 9:36:40 PM

The I them are both right and both wrong, it just depends on the definition of character the I is dealing with.

Jah Bird is not really wrong about what he is saying of character, it is just the definition of character he is using. Which I think is something like this (from the definitions of character I posted earlier)

----------------------------
A
10. a person represented in a drama, story, etc.
11. a part or role, as in a play or film.
23. Theater.
a. (of a part or role) representing a personality type, esp. by emphasizing distinctive traits, as language, mannerisms, physical makeup, etc.
b. (of an actor or actress) acting or specializing in such roles.
–verb (used with object) Archaic.
24. to portray; describe.

I think he is equating this definition of character with this

B
3. moral or ethical quality: a man of fine, honorable character.
4. qualities of honesty, courage, or the like; integrity: It takes character to face up to a bully.

Meaning that character in the (B) definition type is just the portrayal of something, a portrayal of Righteosness instead of Righteousness itself.

And then there is this definition

C
1. the aggregate of features and traits that form the individual nature of some person or thing.
7. an account of the qualities or peculiarities of a person or thing.

Which is the root of the definition of character. So definition B comes about because it is the characteristics of Righteousness, that have come to take on the word character in some uses of the word character. Definition B of character is a relative thing, because different people consider different qualities to equate to good character.

Definition A comes about because actors portray the characteristics of the role or character they are trying to display.

The varying definitions make I see the point of each of the I them, but the I them are both wrong and right. Right if character is being used in the sense the I is using it, wrong if it is being used in another sense.

Messenger: Fikre Jahnhoi Sent: 12/28/2009 11:12:41 PM

Yes i, i sight what the i a say still, but, perhaps i am being a little hard headed, but all these definitions and such are unnecessary, to i sight in any case

cos, i dont think no one of us here are talking about characters in a movie or a book

if any ask i , what is the character of that man, what else can i man say, am i to talk about characters in a play or something?
no, i might say, that man is honest,true, kind, righteous, merciful, that is the character of the man.

What is the Most High Emperor talking about then, when The Man give ini the Word and say
"Education has value when it is established in individuals of good character with respect to God. "

why do we even need to bring about any other definition of the word?

I do overs still, i did pick up on that when Jah Bird said I overs what the i said and hopefully many good characters are lead by righeousness.
but i thought he must have meant to say.. many of good character.. cos i man couldnt sight why we would be speaking of "characters",, when this reasoning was titled "Character"

so, i ask the i them, isnt this an unnecessary complication?

Messenger: Jah Bird Sent: 12/29/2009 11:59:42 AM

I give thanks Iyah..true words all around i still can pick out something that i can goon arguing with the i ..but honestly that would be vanity.
from the last post i can overs that the i overs what i say and i overs what the i is saying.

', but the truth, mi bredda, is that the deepest iditation is found in simpicity, in fact, one of the prime reasons for ididtation is to achieve simplicity, the i nah see it ? blessed word sound..i'll surley think about that.

Messenger: Jah Bird Sent: 12/31/2009 7:00:55 AM

1.what do i need in solitude character or righteousness or none?

I am continuing this reason because i still am not satisfied with the answers..i can understnd your point of view but not really satisisfied.
the other reason is because-i brethren told i that the whole idea of the site is reasoning..and that ini must do, each one teach one and he is absolutly right.
blessed

Messenger: Fikre Jahnhoi Sent: 12/31/2009 3:46:09 PM

1.what do i need in solitude character or righteousness or none?

i would say the i need to ave a righteous character, bredrin

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 32

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I