Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3405&start_row=11

DAGGERING BAN

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 35
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 3/4/2009 11:13:23 AM

greetings my brother... I'm sorry, I think it is my silly sense of humour. I wasn't laughing at, I was laughing with, albeit without really even knowing if we are sharing the joke at all. My bad.

I was just giggling to myself cos, ye know... its funny to know the celibacy thing to be wickedness. that just shows how Ones sight the importance of the opposite of celibacy. I wasn't really meditating the vibes in seriousness, due to the light hearted nature of the reasoning brought up by my brother Rook relating to preoccupations with distorted notions of sex and sexuality in the proliferation of dancehall culture.

so, that had my meditation on that... so I was finding it funny by connecting the comment to the level that many (if not all) of us have of our own preoccupations with sex and sexuality. then that reminded me of a One some time ago who was saying that being a Ras is like being a farmer, then that was why I was having a giggle at that. Because many Ones even in all highliness are preoccupied with sex and believing that multiple partners is a fundamental right of a man, particularly some RasTaMan.

Sorry if I threw thee I off for a second there. For I also, even though I don't prescribe to public expressions of sexuality - trying to keep in Omega Order (dun know), an imposition of celibacy would also feel like wickedness... which is why I was laughing. Hope I am clearer!

Love in the house. Give thanks for sharing.

Messenger: ROOK FARI 7 Sent: 3/4/2009 11:23:06 AM

lol ,
BLESSED LOVE ..
GIVE THANKS FOR ALL THE OPINION..GOOD POINTS THE THING IS I STILL LOVE MUSIC DONT GET ME WRONG BUT I HAVE MY OWN SELECTION..
OLD TIME TING CARRY THE SWING,A CONCIOUS ONE TOO.
BUT YEA TAKE A LISTEN TO THE RADIO.. ROBO RANKS WHOM I RESPECT, YOUNG LION ALSO, LISTEN TO 3 HOURS OF THEM PLAYIN MUSIC U MIGHT GET 3 CHUNE..THAT U KNOW IS UPLIFTIN... THE REST IS FOLLY, THO ENTERTAININ.

ANOTHER THING TOO WE CAN NAME PLENTY ARTIIST WITH A VERY GOOD MESSAGE {I M NOT SAYIN ANY NAMES} THEY ALWAYS EXPOSE THEY SELF...
LOOK AT ST MARY ME COME FROM WHEN BAD MAN JOSIE WALES HAD TO DOG A WHOLE STAGE OF RASTA / SO CALLED BOBO BOASTIN ABOUT KILLIN EACH OTHER.
AND CURSIN TO THE MOON..MAYBE ITS DUE
TO CONDITIONS AND ENVIROMENT ARE SOME OF THEM ARE THE NASTYIEST MURDERING ROBBIN PEOPLE THAT U COULD EVER MEET.WITH TURBON ON HEAD>> . AND I DONE MET PLENTY IN MY SOUND SYSTEM DAYS.. THERES NOTHIN A ONE CAN TELL ME LOL
BUT I STILL LOVE THE GOOD GOOD SONG.
MY COMMENTS EARLY OUT WERE BASICALLY ABOUT THE DAGGERING
AND I LOVE TO DAGGER TOO
JUST WITH ONE WOMAN IN PRIVACY ... REPRODUCTION HAS NOTHIN TO DO WITH
GROUP SEX AND NASTYNESS IN THE MUSIC WHICH WAS THE TOPIC MY LAWD AND THAT FALLS IN A CATERGORY OF WICKEDNESS..
GIVE THANKS FOR A VERY GOOD REASONIN
LOVE TO EVERY ONE

Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 3/4/2009 11:29:13 AM

Yes Empress. blessed love!

I and I overstand now where the I was coming from, the I is clear now. Give thanks!

Holy Emmanuel I Selassie I Jah RasTafarI!

Ras I-Tom

Messenger: ROOK FARI 7 Sent: 3/4/2009 11:47:24 AM

fari sight u made a mistake
did u say

Fire for the fanaticals and fundamentalists in Rastafari, from Bobo Shanty to all the other houses, that is fanaticalism that I myself not even ashame to say" I was caught up in as a Bobo." WHERE IS YOUR SHAME SHAME ON U
that was rude and this a new season yute!
please dont say things that burn your owna raas coz by sayin wat you said u juss denied KING EMMANUEL 7 AND DISSED HIM "CAUGHT UP AS A BOBO" ?????????????
AND WHAT I REMEMBER, IS IF A ONE DOES THAT THEY ARE SATAN
ALSO YUTE, SAYIN THAT U BURN fundamentalists
SOUNDS LIKE THE ROAD GOT TO ROCKY OR THE HILL GOT TO STEEP FIRE GOT TO HOT
SO U DROP OFF AND BURN WAT HOW U CAN BURN A FIRE AND DISS FOUNDATION

Messenger: ROOK FARI 7 Sent: 3/4/2009 12:03:36 PM

LOVE TO U STILL I GOT KIND OF HEATED..
MAYBE REACTED A BIT HARSH, NO DISRESPECT STILL
RASTAFARI LIVE MY LAWD AND EMPRESS

Messenger: ROOK FARI 7 Sent: 3/4/2009 3:15:28 PM

ooohhhh MY LAWD IM VERY SORRY I I THINK I DID READ THAT WRONG
] I HAD TO READ IT 4 TIMES BEFORE I GOT WAT U SAID
U SAID "AS A BOBO MY LAWD "
THE FIRST TIME I READ WHAT U SAID IT SOUNDED LIKE THE I WAS BOBO AND LEFT IT TRU fanaticals and fundamentalists
MY APOLOGIES MY LAWD MY APOLOGIES ICERELY MY LAWD
SORRY ARK I TOO I HOPE I READ IT RIGHT THIS TIME.
IF IM WRONG AGIN CORRECT ME
I WAS DOING WORK AND GOING BACK AND FORTH READING THIS FORUM THIS DESK IS GETTING TO ME
ITS TIME FOR SOME FOOD
BLESSED

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 3/4/2009 5:35:18 PM

I have heard only like a couple of the daggering songs Rook, but i did not hear about all the fuss its causing. Really i should have guessed because two songs that i have been hearing a lot are "A nuh my music" by Kartel and "A so you a move" by Movado which are both directed at the JA govt.and the broadcasting commision
It is i opinion that to cause such a commotion over such things is a waste of time
As the i said Rook, dancehall always goes through phases. So whats the point in getting worked up over something that is gonna pass tomorrow and the youths will move on to the next thing?
I am sure everyone remembers a few years ago, you couldnt play a dancehall song without hearing Burn batty bwoy. Nowadays, you rarely hear that. The youths have moved on.
Now i am not condoning all this slackness, but let i say one thing in defense of the youths making this music. No matter how much music dealing with sex comes out of JA, i still have never heard a song promoting homosexuality, anal sex, oral sex etc etc, and i give thanks for that. While at the same time you go to america and hiphop side of things, and you hear songs with titles like "we can do down".

There is one thing that i will disagree with that you said Rook Fari
and it is this statement "REGGAE ALMOST DEAD"
I disagree with that statement just as strongly as i disagree with this statement from Fari Sight "Reggae is not dead"( good to see the i Fari)
I will try to explain why i feel so

This thing has become a confusion. There seems to be an argument going on with some saying reggae is dead and some saying it is not.
There is this argument in peoples mind when in reality there is no argument
And i iself used to fall into that trap before.
Even i iself, when hearing someone say reggae is dead, i used to make the same arguments, how can reggae music be dead when so and so is making good conscious music. People mention ones like Midnite, Lutan Fyah etc to support their argument that reggae is alive, and i used to do that i self, but now i have come to consider that as foolishness.
And Fari sight, if you overstood what i am talking about, you would never use a word like fanaticals and fundamentalists, yes i, i burn fyah pon that.

There is only one question the i them should ask of yourself in your heart
Does reggae music or any wordly musc serve any more purpose for i???

If the answer is yes, then as far as you are concerned reggae music is alive and well, and it will always be so as lond as you have a need for it and it serves a purpose in your life
However, if the answer is no, if it has no purpose in your life, if you have no need for it, than it is dead as far as you are concerned

It is really as simple as that. It doesnt matter one bit how much upful music is made and it doesnt matter at all how much slackness there is in the music

Consider Ethiopia. I can tell the i them, in Ethiopia the people love music, love it, music is all around you. All kinds of music is played but for now, i speak of Ethiopian music
Now in all my life i have never heard an Ethiopian song which would be considered slack, never. The songs are either about love or love of country or they are songs about God.
But check it, even though there are no slack songs, there are many people in Ethiopia who dont want to hear any more songs, whether they be a about love or country. What do they listen to all the time? Churchical music, chanting and drumming
The i them sight? to such people, wordly music is dead, it serves no more purpose in their lives.

Now me iself, i listen to i binghi everyday, but i cant listen to it 24/7, i do need a break from it
It used to be worse before. Long ago i would only listen to binghi for a little while and i would go back to the things of this world.
But through time, through trodding Rastafari, trodding higher and higher, now i have an equal balance
And what is my aim in life? It is to trod higher still, lift i irits higher and higher, until i do not need this wordly music any more, until it serves no more purpose for i life. Until one day i can say, this wordly music is dead to i
So yes, i burn fyah pon anyone who calls any of i idren who have already reached a higher heights fanatics and fundamentalists

So you see, why to i, all this talk of Midnite and Misty in Roots is useless and pointless
And Rook Fari, the i see why i disagree when the i said Reggae almost dead? You simply cannot say that
For the people for whom it serves a purpose, it is alive and will always be alive
It would be much better and much more honest, if the i said, Reggae music is almost dead FOR I ...................that is i humble opinion.

To other things,
rootz, i cant even begin to overs why the word "monk" took you all the way to catholic priests, you would have to explain that to i, i dont get it

And who said celibacy is wickedness, Ras I Tom?
Well atleast you realised that you went a bit too far with that.
You said Man Woman and child is the natural order, and so it is.
But think about it, what is more natural than, say, eating food?
So tell i, are you going to say that fasting is going against the natural order? i hope not
Well, sight that refraining from sexual activity is just fasting for the flesh
If you sight everything as relating to what the wicked are doing,i.e the catholic order, then you will miss a lot of things, for things like these are not meant to be rules to be imposed and enforced, but according to the iditation of thy heart, for Jah Sits therein

RASTAFARI

Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 3/4/2009 6:16:04 PM

Ras KebreAB, I and I give thanks for the word sound bredrin, blessed love.

I and I overstand what the I is saying, give thanks.
I and I was too quick to associate celibacy with something wrong rather than look at the side in which you enlightened I of.
I guess it is because instead of thinking about those who truly do it to glorify Jah RasTafarI by denying the flesh, just like fasting, as the I said, I associated it with the perverse ways of the catholic church.

Now that I and I think about it I and I realize that I associated something righteous which is used to glorify HIM as something that belongs to catholicism.

But I and I sight that some of these catholic priests that talking about celibacy are perverse in their ways, as they deny their flesh because it is a 'rule' of catholic priesthood, and can't even handle it, and end up taking it out on the youth who are easy to take advantage of and who are less likely to speak out about what the priest has done.

What ever we do we should do it for the glory of Jah RasTafarI Selassie I The Most High!

Give thanks for the wisdom Ras.

Ises unto Negus I!

Ras I-Tom

Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 3/4/2009 6:23:32 PM

And to keep on topic regarding music.

I and I like what the I said Ras KebreAB
'If the answer is yes, then as far as you are concerned reggae music is alive and well, and it will always be so as lond as you have a need for it and it serves a purpose in your life
However, if the answer is no, if it has no purpose in your life, if you have no need for it, than it is dead as far as you are concerned'
Word sound!

It is true, some people need to listen to some upful music more than others on their trod, and some do not need it at all. I sight that Jah RasTafarI knows what we need to keep trodding strong and upful, and if He let it be that we may be so blessed as to have some good upful music to listen to if that is what we need, then we should use that music to glorify HIM.
And through trodding strong and upful we will only rise higher and higher, untill music is not even necessary.

P.S I and I just today got Midnite's album, Supplication To HIM. I and I love it, upful and spiritual.

Ises unto Negus Selassie I JAH!

Messenger: FarI-Sight Sent: 3/4/2009 7:17:51 PM

Haile I Selassie I JAH Rastafari

"WHERE IS YOUR SHAME SHAME ON U
that was rude and this a new season yute!
please dont say things that burn your owna raas coz by sayin wat you said u juss denied KING EMMANUEL 7 AND DISSED HIM "CAUGHT UP AS A BOBO" ?????????????
AND WHAT I REMEMBER, IS IF A ONE DOES THAT THEY ARE SATAN
ALSO YUTE, SAYIN THAT U BURN fundamentalists
SOUNDS LIKE THE ROAD GOT TO ROCKY OR THE HILL GOT TO STEEP FIRE GOT TO HOT
SO U DROP OFF AND BURN WAT HOW U CAN BURN A FIRE AND DISS FOUNDATION"

Honourable Rook Fari, that was uncalled for and totally out of order, my lord. The I didn't iverstand and jumped to conclusion to burn out Iman, calling Iman "YUTE" n "SATAN" and telling me the road got too rocky for I when the I don't even know Iman.
Where is YOUR shame bredren?

Ask the elder Pri Morgan on the Hill or Pri Itafa in US or Pri Paul in Ethiopia, or Pri Richi in Kenya of Iman Prophet Paskal from Seychelles, and they will tell you if I drop off or if i deal with folly.

I man never dis the King, man. Stop with your accusation,broda.
Nuff Rastaman out there dis Father Moses and end up in wheelchair and all dem ting deh. judgment .

Even Pri Paul himself tell Iman, that same statement that ones within the order stay backward due to a fanatical, religious kind of mindset. And plus he tell i that he love music since a youth and he never stop listen to it and it never make him go astray. Now look at this Man now, Emmanuel standing tall in him structure in Shashamane, been given the honour and post by the government as the only man to officially represent the Rastafari community there and mediate with the government.

Check your Person and Know your Self, bredren. A serious and perilous time we are living in, so I make I words few, even the Father show us that we shouldn't speak too much or too hastily in such judgement time, and the I should know this if the I frequent Taba and other Shanty Ingels. The I say some contentious things most time on this forum, man.

I accept the I apology still and forgive the I with love saidway, my lord.

I will clarify again, and the Empress can possibly testify. Of course overexposure to reggae has the potential to alter and disturb one's meds.

Yet there is this kind of fanatical and fundamentalist behaviour, in our own yard i will speak of first, and other houses of Rasta.

This talk about reggae music is satanism, and one can be easily lead astray by even listening to ONE SONG of reggae, and others saying Jah say BoBo dont sing or listen to such music, and this talk about Black people never make stringed instruments is just PURE FOLLY MAN!!!

Iman not even afraid to say it on an international forum. His Majesty promote music, man, we see him in a picture listening or srumming an Ethiopian Harp. Marcus Garvey said music is an inspiration and one should even listen to radio or music when one is working as it is good for the heart.(Educate Yourself speech)

My beloved family, music is culture, and conscious reggae music is a DIVINE music, just like Nyahbingi, yet Nyabinghi is a more serious weapon against white supremacy, and is able to enable one to enter in to a mediation in groundations or service.

Reggae is created by RASTAMAN, for cultural and liberational purposes,man.

HAIL RAS KEBRE, Teniyastilin, Iman give thanks for your greetings of love, I haven;t read your post completely yet as Iman forwaqrding to University, but will do so soon and giv a feedforward.

Hail Ark I. It is true what the I say, most natual.

Ras I Tom, Raspect, my lord.

Empress Yaa, love love love, hope the i not vex with I, the email coming sooon!!!! I and I in exile, open prison!!! The i dun kno!! We love Natural Black also!! Princess Adanna dance to the whole album nonstop ( " I coulda never be no quitter, after mi a no weak heart like Missa Fisher, Cleanliness is Godliness the place na fi litter, stop take coke and stop drink liquor!!)

Also take note, it is very significant to note, that the strongest conscious artist in the rock now, and even in past recent time, all are Bobo or like Natural Black, learnt a great deal from BoBo and respect us so much.

LOVE TO THE ROYAL HOUSE OF HAILE I SELASSIE I, BLESSED BE ALL THE I THEM FOR THE I KNO JAH

HOLY EMPEROR EMMANUEL I, MOSIAH GARVEY I, EMPRESS MENEN I, HAILE I SELASIE I ! JAH ! RASTAFARI!!!!

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 35

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I