Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1945&start_row=1

Still Looking ----yes

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: still looking Sent: 6/15/2007 7:39:49 AM

RasK, So-----you are under 45 and you have STOPPED looking?

I only ask because you and some others on this board take I name for this site (still looking) as some sign of weakness or a negative.

why?

Looking leads to questioning which leads to learning which leads to growing.

i could have chosen "Still Questioning" or "Still Learning" or "Still Growing"

I went with the root---- maybe "still thinking" would have worked as well too.

I have said before and INI will say again ----the day I stop looking is the day I will stop growing as a person.

so before all of you continue to question I site name you may wish to consider it for your own

if you have the courage to "Look"

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 6/15/2007 11:42:33 AM

Ises

Brethren there is no need for all this fuss.

Just respect that I n I as RastafarI Sons and Daughters live by the Commandments of I n I God and King Haile I Selassie I.

Respect that I n I trod Nyahbinghi and nah compromise on that. Just respect that, and there is no fuss.

Blessed Love My Lord!
Selah

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 6/15/2007 12:09:09 PM

Still looking,
After i humbled iself enough to apologise to you as an elder, why are you still trying to annoy me?
Show i, where i said anything about your "name". If you cant, dont call out I name.

Just look and see. Your confused ways have already confused some into changing the discussion into an argument about Race...so gwaan with your discussion...just leave i alone. You know nothing of I so just leave it there.

Give thanks
Rastafari Is

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 6/15/2007 12:40:17 PM

Ises My Lord

I did not follow this whole diss-cussion going on here, because I do not feel that it makes much sense.

But could you explain to me, why the age alone of a man makes him an elder? Or why the age of a man makes his statements better or more true? Do we really have to remember the countless examples in history which prove that this suggestion is truly a mistake?

A man is known by his words. Growing older is nothing special, everybody is growing older. Growing Wiser is truly the thing which makes you an elder.

In Respect and Love to all the Incients
Selah

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 6/15/2007 1:08:35 PM

Blessed Love Iyah

Truly, i dont have an answer for the I. And the reason is, when i speak of respecting an elder, it is not a conscious decision that i make...this is inborn in I...this is how i was raised.
When i first travelled out of Africa into Europe, i had to constantly remind iself to start looking into peoples eyes when speaking to them,,,because where i come from, you just dont do that when you are speaking to an elder person....but i realised that in Europe it was the other way around, if you dont look straight at a persons eyes when you talk to them, they consider that as disrespectful or that you are a somewhat "shifty" kind of person, so i had to make the effort to change that.
But it really doesnt matter to I who it is or what kind of person it is or what that person believes in or what...as long as its an elder, my upbringing will pop up and i will start acting accordingly .
The i sight what problems i been having with Still looking...but still...if i was in a room and still looking walked in, i would get up and offer him my seat. I know all those who had the same upbringing know what im talking about

Bless
Rastafari Is

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 6/16/2007 4:23:25 AM

Blessed Love

Ah I see now, brethren. You talk about the age when you say elder, and not necessarily about his capacity.
Yes of course, I n I face all people with respect and dignity. But when a man opens his mouth, and no matter how old he may be, you will see if the fruits are good or not.

To your problem with that man named still looking.
I don't see where this problem is actually from. Every day we face such people. No matter how hot tempered they get and fight us for our believe in our African God and King, we will stay cool. No matter how many angry and annoying threads they open up again and again, we stay cool.
Who can save his brother's soul? This man is old enough to be responsible for himself.
If there are people who are really still looking, they will see the truth and wisdom of I n I King's Theocracy Reign. If they don't want, just pass by and leave them, or just turn off your computer.
I shall even leave the sand of my sandals back if I come to them who are not willing to hear I n I God's commandments.

Haile I
Selah

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 6/16/2007 6:47:18 AM

Blessed

Wise words

Messenger: still looking Sent: 6/16/2007 7:52:03 PM

BRO D

"Every day we face such people." what kind of people is this that you talk about?

On another thread (which would not allow a post) you asked me something like-- why I am open to eastern philosophy but not open to the bible?

before i go back and try to answer that thread could you please tell me where i said on any of my post that i was not open to the bible?

I don't recall saying that.

please help I

respect

Messenger: Ten Sent: 6/16/2007 9:18:41 PM

well you've refuted the Ark as a fable, you dismiss Jesus time and again, you repeatedly and confusingly reject the concept of God and call it a "weak term" but at the same time one with meaning?...the list goes on. Contradictory as it is, you have issues with the Bible and God so much it negates possibility of constructing a faith connected to either one...And that's my analysis.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 6/16/2007 11:46:59 PM

still looking, I will speak in reference to what I said that had relation to your name, I said:
---------------------------
still looking,

I and I are not looking anymore, I and I see and know I and I God. Jah is not an explanation for I to tell I how things were created. Jah is I guide, protector, shield and strength and so much more.

You look at God as a concept, I and I see God as reality.

When people learn to stop analyzing and instead open their eyes, they will see the mightiness of the Most High, and the Most High will guide them in all their steps.
---------------------------

I was showing the I that I don't need to look for God because I already see and know God. My statement by no means is saying that I am stopping I growth, or stopping I learning. I am always learning and growing and rising and I don't intend to stop. But I have no doubts about the Most High God.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I