Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1945&start_row=11

Still Looking ----yes

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 6/17/2007 12:24:07 AM

SELAH

Messenger: Diego B. Sent: 6/17/2007 7:14:57 AM

Greetings you all web community, hope that i can help the Bredren Still Looking with some words.

First,let me tell you, you can't look for Jah, God Creator, and find Him. Because you can't analize the Holy Spirit of the Lord, just because you, like us all, are men. So, when you're seeking Ras TafarI, is because He called you, so that, even the seeking, IS THE ANSWER. That's not maths, no numbers to find , nomore mental slavery, no more pronouncing the Name of God in vain, like the heaten do, thinking they can find Him. When we hear Jesus telling us "seek and you shall find" , if we trust inb this words, you know, we 've found already.

Secondly, what Paul the Apostle said is: "I'm still running on my path, I m not perfect yet, i don't say "I found everything", Im still running here". So, if you know we're all Crhistians, you shouldn't think we say we are arrived already, because of Paul words.
But make no mystake: God has claimed us, we answered, so now we know Jah, or better, we let Jah come into our heart. In this sense, we found our way, we saw the Life, which is Jah Jah pretty little Face.

The Bible is The Book, not a common one, and it has not to be seen just as a wrining. In fact, as the other common books, It has been made, to pass on the Revelations the men had, the WTrue Word of God, that has been reveiled to Moses, Holy Father. If you don't know It you cn't speak abou It. An example: everyone, the pagans also, can understand our theology, wich is like a theory, but no one of them, if the Lord does not allow, is able to understand WITH THE HEART, not just with a schoolar mind. That's why Crhist says not all can understand even if they got hears.
So , when one speaks about the Book of books, he has to know it: the Bible has to speak with him, a thing that the others common books won't do. Plus, when you say the Bible is just a human book, because of the things it says, as the miracle, the Burning Bush etc., is YOU TO BE HUMAN and CARNAL MINDED, because you can't or want not to see the Heavenly Revelation it gives us ; you say the Law written upon the Stones is a foolishness, human matter, but why don't you want to see the Highness that it has got? Because you keep on with the carnal sight, and is not that Book a human book: It is a Spiritual Book, for Spiritual men, men of Jah.

Listen to me now, aobut the auctority of the Bible: did you know the Kebra Nagast is not the Bible? and did you know that our Faith is also based upon the Kebra Nagast, that speaks about Menelik I, wich the Bible does not?
Here you can see how we consider the Boob of Life, yes the Bible, but there are also those other ways, misty ways the Lord uses.
So, i think the Bible is what we need, but without rejecting what someone can gives us. I also think that even if we could live our life just with the Theacings of the Bible, in the other things we could find a practice of what It theaces.But still I keep on giving the Bible all the Glory has to be given unto It, over all the Books and words, sounds or pictures.
the most important thing is to know this: even if there are a lots of teaching here up on the earht, lot of ways, "SINCE I SAW YOUR LIGHT, OH JAH, WHAT SHOULD I SEE YET?".
WE ARE NOT JUDGES OF THE WAY THE LORD CHOSE FOR EVERYONE, remember!

Peace and blessings be unto you!
Diego

Messenger: still looking Sent: 6/17/2007 9:01:14 AM

ten you said;

"well you've refuted the Ark as a fable, you dismiss Jesus time and again, you repeatedly and confusingly reject the concept of God and call it a "weak term" but at the same time one with meaning?...the list goes on. Contradictory as it is, you have issues with the Bible and God so much it negates possibility of constructing a faith connected to either one...And that's my analysis."

I refute the ark ----and so do you or you are about to ---look at your post on noah ----you question that maybe we should not believe it in the literal sense.

you either are not far long on your search or you do not have the strenght to speak out against what you have been taught as real your whole life.

"Dismiss jesus" no --- i know he did not exist but i do not dismiss the message. (tortoise and the hare again)

do you know how many ancient myths come with a savior that was born of a virgin birth? Krishna and buddha to name a couple that predate christianity.

and i know buddha did not exist but the message is as beautiful as arjuna and krishna in the Gita -- and the character jesus saying to turn the other cheek.

"confusingly....the concept of god" ---absolutely no confusion on my part.

god did not create man in his image ----man (or should i say men in this male dominated world) created god in his image. why do you think the images drawn for god by the people of each particular culture have drawn them to look like them.

religion is like water. just as water takes on the shape of the container or land around it ----religion takes on the shape of the groups and individual people who hold it.

"I have issue with the bible" --- if you call questioning what i read as "having issues" then I have issues with everything I read, Because i question everything i read.

i have no desire to be a shepherd, but i definitely will not be a sheep. do you know how a shepherd works? they just need to to get one or two sheep moving in the direction they wish and then the rest "blindly" follow along.----even if they are going to the slaughter house------and how many people of religions have been led to the slaughter house of prejudice, discrimination,intolerance, and war because they believed what they read and were told by their religious "guides" because they would not take "issue" with what they were told?

"negates a possibility of constructing a faith.."

FAITH- Belief or trust without proof. Why in the world would i wish to believe in something without proof? I'll tell why people do it---to put their fears to rest.

well i have no fears and not even of the big one that is what drives most people to religion ---death.

now if you personally are afraid of death and the promise of an afterlife helps you --great ---if you have had a loved one die --and the thought that you will meet them again when you die gives you strength to carry on----great---but just because you have "faith" in those things does not make them real ---but if the message helps you that is ok.

and while we reason on this please remember my religion and water analogy----because what you feel is "vexing" to the board is that my container is shaped somewhat differently than yours. and i say differently because i am sure we hold certain views in common.

do you know why the jesus character got crucified? because he f****d with the powers to be. well i and a couple others have come here with veiws different then the powers to be on this board and what happens-----you try to crucify us. this boards reaction to i is a real life example of how the jesus story worked.

i find interesting that those that believe in jesus act in the way of those that crucified him.

respect

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 6/17/2007 4:11:46 PM

Blessed Love My Brethren

It is not dignified for this age to let anger expose thyself, my beloved brethren.

I actually have no time to waste in such arguments, and so I will not search all your posts. But I doo feel that you spoke against the bible here and there. If this is a mistake, then I humbly beg pardon.

But does this stop you from reasoning on this topoic? I thought you came here to reason. So then this should be no obstacle, should it?

Blessed Love, beloved.
Selah

Messenger: Ten Sent: 6/17/2007 4:32:01 PM

I am still on my search as the I rightly put it, I’ve lots of questions whose answers shall be revealed and answers whose questions shall also avail themselves. I have no fear of anything, I know I JAH guides I. As for how far I am, that all depends from whose perspective but the journey is irie still. I’m not in dispute with what you’ve said I. However your multiple positions, I still hold are like a chameleon, they change at no given time for no reason, as slippery as water as the I likes the analogy. That indicates to I you’re running from something (God perhaps, yes the concept, name and image since you‘ve come to a ‘God forum’) or what you’re finding keeps slipping from you - cant‘ quite contain it as like water sometimes faith can slip through your hands if you don‘t hold I fire well.
The information you speak of Gita and Buddha I have read of and I know stories from other cultures have been linked to the Ible, its. Quite surprisingly in this post I agree with you, although I might not share the belief that Jesus did not exist or the concept of God is not real, I am beginning to see what you are saying. I’ve quested too why there are so many images and why there are gaps in the Bible, I’ve no fear of finding answers for I know that these are only people’s writings but God’s existence predates the Bible over supersedes what people can ever record in the future. But faith no, there the I has a different interpretation and for I faith has nothing to do with fear but with strength. That inner being is my eye of the world and I knowledge that I can overcome anything, if I were I afraid I would not wake up in the mornings for I’d be afraid of what each day holds and yet I am excited to see how JAH day shall differ from the last - the skies, the winds, the meditations of the day are all so familiar but so different from the last. Call it whatever you like, but to me that’s my faith. I put my trust in what I see and know, I put my trust in that which makes I happy and gives I inner peace and that to me is evidence of God. As controversial as the Bible is, it has a deep value for I and links I to a richer history not only of my inner being and also contains the legacy of Sellasie I, the history of I n I people and the world today.
...However, the absence of certain physical things I shall reason more with other Ites and with JAH. And even though I quest I‘ve still the overing that I‘ve no need, I‘ve that inner overing that sometimes its to satisfy the mental yet the spiritual within I is at peace, like a subconscious knowing - that element to me is why I would say I am God, because its how I see God and how God manifests within I, no images for the Creator is very much a metaphysical force, as He walked in the flesh, He was there before that historical human time in Ithiopia...
The afterlife is very real I, what its like differs according to culture and religion, as you’ve a wife from Zimbabwe I’m sure she’ll tell you of ancestral spirits and how they possess bodies like Nehanda, Kaguvi and Chaminuka who were the leader of the First Chimurenga, resistance against the Brits in 1896.
What vexes I is the way in which you deal with people, on the one hand you say the I them like those who crucified Jesus but at the same time the I never takes anyone’s advice, apologies or anything. People need to be dealt with sensitivity and understanding and for someone who works with youths I wonder if this is how you deal with them - so brash and at times to the point of just chucking out people’s thoughts. You tear people apart in your posts (never minding if another gets hurt) - but when people do that to the I, you turn round and cry foul. I'm sorry to be rude, but its cruel and selfish to do that. As someone who believes in the Bible’s message from what I gather, then do unto others as you would have them do unto you and exemplify those qualities Jesus, David and all them pray for. DO GOOD, DO GOOD, DO GOOD as the Binghi heart beat drums. Bless.

Messenger: Ten Sent: 6/17/2007 4:48:25 PM

when I said no image, I meant Sellasie I is the image but at the same time is so powerful and amazing that He manifests in other things like Creation, a storm or an emotion such as love, or something like a smile. So I've I image, but yet He transcends that too, even in the way in which He possess I spirit too. Hope I've explained it well enuff.

Messenger: still looking Sent: 6/17/2007 9:47:44 PM

ten,

we may be getting somewhere. you wrote a lot and it might be good if we take just a couple of areas at a time so we can better understand each other.

i am sorry if you feel i "tear" people apart. just as others do on this board i state what i know and just like others (yourself included) i don't waver. if that feels offensive to you i'm sorry. i know i don't name call or use capitals much (i guess that means yelling). if you know how to change my font on this pare to 5 or something i would so that you can see i'm not angry or heated up when i post-----i speak assertively and that may be offensive to some, but i'm not going to be passive.

A little aside on my wife---she can't tell me of those things as many in zimbabwe could not because christianity went in and cleaned out much of their culture.

part of i reason for not having much respect for christianity or the bible. Did you see the movie "Bury my Heart At Wounded Knee"? you see how christians used the bible and their churches to do the same to native americans.

now last area to start working on between us? you said:

"However your multiple positions, I still hold are like a chameleon, they change at no given time for no reason, as slippery as water as the I likes the analogy."

let us look at one issue at a time that you feel i have that is confusing the I and when we get to an understanding (even an "I still don't get it" point) we can move on to another one.

and ten feel free to say anything that is in direct oposition to I --I give you my word that I won't think you are tearing me apart.

Peace

Ps. My students love my class because they are allowed to speak/share/argue/and question anything that i say. time and time again they say i don't treat them like their other teachers --i listen to them.

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 6/18/2007 6:29:46 AM

Is a blessed thing to have such a teacher, my friend. It truly is.
But it is the wrong way to come here to let off steam just because you can't argue with your students.

Selah

Messenger: still looking Sent: 6/18/2007 7:56:55 AM

Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa;

can you please tell me where I have "let off steam"? I do not use capitals very often in I post( and thatis suppose to suggest yelling here in cyber world).

other than that what suggest I am angry----i can honestly tell you that as i have posted my blood pressure is not up.

maybe my conviction comes across as anger --but please believe me when i say ----there is no anger on my part-----

even when i have replied to those that have called i; idiot,stupid, confused, and selfish ---just to name a few of the name calling that i have received-----but even that does not get me angry.

and i will tell you it doesn't happen in real life often because face to face changes things--but it has occured to i as i have assertively stood up for myself or my wife and even face to face i do not get angry.

so if you wish to continue to feel that i am angry, that is ok, but i will say again you are wrong.

now as with I students----i do (you call it argue) challenge I students. if they are going to make a statement that is going to get 30 or so students to think about something they must be ready to back it up so to speak----as must i.

we have had many great reasonning sessions in class where two or more people disagree on a subject ( it may be between students) even) . and you can even see the quite students glued in to what is being said. again this is why many love my class---because they are allowed to have a voice---but with a voice comes consequences, you may be challenged.

isn't that "part" of the lesson of jesus?

respect

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 6/18/2007 11:11:02 AM

Ises My Lord

This is a blessed thing to hear.

Being angry, or letting off steam or whatever, does not always mean to shout or type capital letters. Negative emotions overcome man in different forms.
I just feel that the I is blocking off any reasoning since quarreling started. And all the I is doing now is to be agressive towards other people just because they do not share the I opinion. This is how it looks from over here. And this is definately a negative way to aproach other people.

Selah

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I