Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1291&start_row=1

What's that, Damian?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 58
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Nyah Jahphet Anbassa I Sent: 1/29/2006 8:11:10 AM

Blessed

Maybe some of the Is dem over here are also listeners of the dread warrior Damian Jr Gong Marley. And maybe they wondered about the same photos as Iman do.

Check this and that and then maybe one of the Is can explain that for me.

Anyone from Trinidad here? Are BEER BOTTLES over there looking like this? I hope not. Nazarite catch fyah!

And does anyone know if and how these women are related to Jr Gong?

Selassie I Livity!
Selah

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 1/29/2006 8:46:03 AM

Realise alota Ras's drink beer. The just dont drink for drunkeness. Besides its just hopps and barley

Ras ElIjah

Messenger: RasEmpressGong Sent: 1/29/2006 11:33:33 AM

Bless

It is common here in the Cbean for Rastamen to drink Guiness. That is what Damian is drinkin here. That is usually the only thing they allow themselves to drink, its not considered alcohol in the drunken sense. InI drink it myself.It is quite refreshing.

Anyhow, i have a friend who is a Veejay for jamaica's HypeTV and she has met Jr Gong and his brothers many times, she told me his girlfriend is not Rastafari in any form or fashion. My guess is that the girl in the animal print shirt could be her.

Anyhow, I not one for gossip..He is free to do as he feel!

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 1/29/2006 12:01:29 PM

John 7.24

Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

Nyah, im sure you can find better targets for your fyah. Let the youth do him work

Messenger: Nyah Jahphet Anbassa I Sent: 1/29/2006 12:56:02 PM

Blessed

He is an exemple for many youth. His Majesty say: HAVE NOTHING TODO WITH ALCOHOL! I n I must represent His Majesty's teachings. No apology!
And IF him a Nazarite, that counts double. But I thought and do not know for shure.

As for the Guiness. Iman do not come from the Carrybean, but once I was explained by one who is. What is called Guiness in the CB is not the english alcoholic guiness. I was told that this is a drink with peanuts and some strange stuff, but not alcohol, it's a folk tradition inna JA to drink that at special occasions. The one who told me that, said, that also the little children drink it, it is mostly prepared by the grannys, it is considered to be good for health, and completely without alcohol.
He also said that this is the Guiness of which Damian sings in "Mi Blenda".

I n I nah deal with weak livity, seen. Nomattah what the weakhearts promote, I n I stick to His Majesty comandments. i n I stand out as an exemple for all those in the dark I n i are the shining light. And as some over here may still argue, teenhood is not an apology for wrongs.

But anyway, I still have no answer to my original question.

Selah

Messenger: Nyah Jahphet Anbassa I Sent: 1/29/2006 12:57:24 PM

"Judge not according to the appearance"
That's why I wanna find out if it is like it appears.

Selah

Messenger: zionI Sent: 1/29/2006 2:08:28 PM

YES I RASTA,

The wages of sin is death.

Beware of false prophets.

RASTA doesn't check for alcohol- his own father said it is the destruction of mankind. One only need check what alcohol has done to generations of Native Americans; it is also goes hand in hand with violence and destruction (e.g. drunk driving murders)...

Fire upon Guiness and all other slave-drivers who profit from the sin and weakheartedness of others.

NEVER let RASTA be associated with such shegrries.

What next? Using Ras Tafari to promote Babylon poisons?
InI checked Bob Marley's 'One Love' used in an American Express commercial- Fire;
InI checked them sell alcohol at BobMarley's birth place in Nine Miles- Fire;
InI read that Coca-Cola sponsored the Bob Marley birthday celebration in Addis- FIRE;
InI checked brother Damian representing AOL Corporation- FIRE;
InI saw a HipHop band spouting profanities opening for brother Damian's concert where Ras Tafari's name is mentioned- FIRE

Jah sees and knows...HIM has them in the region in the valley of decision.

ENOUGH RESPECT TO BROTHER DAMIAN...InI have no knowledge of his righteousness...But "herb for my wine. Honey for my strong drink"

Please provide InI with HIM quote on alcohol...

GIVE THANKS

Messenger: Nyah Jahphet Anbassa I Sent: 1/29/2006 2:19:27 PM

WORD!

At the laying of the foundation stone of Haile Selassie I Stadium, HIM said: "... So have nothing to do with alcohol and avoid all things against which conscience speaks!"

Selah

Messenger: Tefer_Anbesa Sent: 1/29/2006 2:46:41 PMHidden - Foolishness
View Message  Reply

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/29/2006 4:00:48 PM

There is no need for a man to concern himself with what another man drinks. Everybody has there own standards, some are strict with certain things and others are strict with certain other things, and a few are strict in all things.

I don't drink alcohol but it doesn't bother I who decides that is what they want to drink. One time some bredren came over to I place and one bredren asked I if it was alright for him to bring a six-pack of beer from his car. I told him to go ahead and bring it, and when I said that, a next bredren in I place looked at I with a screw face.

So the bredren brought the beer in and said to I, "I know that you don't drink, but would you like one?" I told him no thank you and then he offered a beer to the other bredren, who each took one. Even the bredren that looked at I with a screw face took a beer, but I didn't say anything at that point. After the bredren opened the beer and took a drink, I said to him,

--------------------------------------
Why did you look at I with a screw face before when I gave the bredren permission to bring his beer in my house, and now you are drinking the beer he brought. I don't care if other people want to drink, it is not my interest, every man can choose their own things. And it doesn't matter to I if they bring the beer around I because I have no cravings for it, so I can't be tempted.
--------------------------------------

I don't desire alcohol, and I know why I man is not supposed to drink it. But it is not a sin to drink alcohol, as long as no wickedness comes forth out of drunkenness. Every man and woman have their own trod and their own needs to support their trod. I need to keep away from alcohol to support I trod and Jah didn't put the desire in I to drink it, but others will trod their own trod.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 58

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I