Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7041&start_row=21

Ganja talk

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 160161 - 170171 - 180181 - 190191 - 200
201 - 210211 - 212
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: RasTafarIWork Sent: 1/21/2019 4:23:21 PM

If the mind is the seat of judgment, so how should a judge judge a subject who entices him/her?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/22/2019 5:01:00 AM

That question is too poetical for I Rasta

Messenger: Rasmi Sent: 1/22/2019 7:09:36 AM

I got back using Ganja to meditate. I wouldn't called it an addiction. I don't abuse the holy herb. "What makes it holy, Rasmi?" Well my friend, I'm guessing if holy water can be pure and holy by chanting, and praying over it, then Ganja can be holy too by doing the same. I respect the herb, I grow the herb, I love the herb. It opened up my eyes.

Just 2 weeks ago, when I was meditating I asked myself how can I spread more love? Helping the community is not enough for the I to show his love (I sometimes go to homeless shelter to help out) But this wasn't enough. Then soon in the middle of my meditation I started to sing. I started to write lyrics. So I realized I want to spread my love, singing reggae music.(Not as a career though)

So far people love my voice. To be honest I think it's really good lyrics making the voice sound good.

But either way I noticed that it takes about 4 days or 3 days without ganja to get back to my regular state of mind. When I'm back to normal I don't want to write lyrics. It's hard. I get writers block. And also in the regular state of mind I don't feel a passion for it. But when I'm under the vibration of the holy herb; I love writing lyrics,and love singing it. It's a huge passion. I love that the herb can make me feel higher than life, but not higher than the most High. I used the herb in a spiritual way. I don't smoke my life away. I don't abuse it. If you Abuse it once, abuse it twice you will see your misjudgment. Respect the holy herb and it shall lead you the way.

My fate is already sealed. Nothing on this earth can convince the I that the Ganja is bad for I and I.

And oh yeah Cancer? I'm not afraid of nothing. I am guided by Jah love. The only best thing I can do be spiritual free. I'm not afraid of death. I vowel my life to Jah. If my time come, then my time come. Jah live, and I and I know that death is not the end of me.

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 1/22/2019 7:31:42 AM

Truth. JAH gives us Life, Rasmi. No cup of Life has ever been filled half full. No Life is cut short. There's just how much of the Gift JAH gives each one of us. That's it. No purpose to ever trodding through this Life with sustained fear and anxiety. [Notwithstanding that transient fear in the immediate moment is a very amazing natural defense mechanism.]

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/22/2019 7:47:22 AM

To be honest bredda this thread isn't "aimed" at you more aimed at those who smoke ganja regular regular as a pastime a recreation and sacrament

Which is actually an indirect toward myself as this is how I abused herb for 10 years.

I envy the likes of you who can utilise ganja the correct way and then put it down for several days at a time if not longer. My empress in country could do the same. She would smoke herbs once to four times a month on a maximum in full praise of His Majesty and reasoning. I couldn't do this. I needed ganja fulltime everytime all-time.

Give thanks for the I thoughts. And to be honest the studies for health risks were all regarding "heavy" consumption so I wouldn't worry whatsoever.

Higher Ites

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 1/23/2019 5:21:44 AM

Greetings every one, Haile Selassie I and Empress Menen I Love to each one

This has been a balanced and amicable reasoning, as I read through I can see all sides of the discussion, and everyone has their reasons for what they are saying.. and I think we can all agree that the herb itself can be used in both beneficial and malefic ways..

For the I, Garveys Africa, to decide not to use ganjah, that is a personal choice and I am sure the I know best what the I need, and although of course the I doesnt need my approval haha, of course I support the I doing what the I feel is best. For me though just out of curiosity and to be clear, the question is, if this choice is based on the fact that His Majesty does not use ganjah, then we are kind of bringing up this same reasoning on "parents" (I read through the beginning of the I other thread also), and whether or not to emulate the exact daily actions and habits and personal livity as His Majesty.
If we emulate the fact Haile Selassie I doesnt smoke ganjah, but we dont emulate the fact that Haile Selassie I is a professed Christian, we dont emulate the fact Haile Selassie I eats meat & milk, we dont emulate the fact Haile Selassie I cuts and combs his hair... why is this?
Just wondering Garvey I what is the I reasoning on that. Although I overstand every other reason not to use Ganjah (it might be harmful to the body, it is a foreign substance that changes natural mental state, it is a psychadelic, etc.) the part I dont overstand from the I personally who has made it a point to say burn bible even though Haile Selassie I advocates the bible, why then does Haile Selassie I using or not using herb make a difference to the I? Does that make sense?

Again though I think this is a personal choice and for ones who feel it's right not to use herb, then definitely I say go with that inner knowing. As well as for ones who say burn bible.

For Iwomban personally although I havent used herb in over 30 days, and a period of about 3 months before that, I do advocate not only ganjah but all plant entheogens/psychadelics if we wanna use that word, and give thankhs for their part in helping I to grow and learn and open my mind and heart, the spiritual awakening and connection with Iniverse that has come from using such things. The lessons and visions the plant friends have taught to I are an everlasting gift that I will be happy even to provide for others whenever that opportunity presents itself again! I get the fact that it is a change from mind's "natural" state, but I also accept that those plants exist in this physical natural realm with us for a reason, the plants have a consciousness of their own, and they are joyous to share their wiseminds with us who are open to their message.
My personal take on it =)

RASpect to all. Innerstanding and self mastery I wish for every one.

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 1/23/2019 5:59:48 AM

JAH Child,
Although this thread doesn't specifically target within its scope the ingestion of psychedelic species from the Kingdom Fungi, these natural gifts from JAH also possess incredible mind-expanding potential (e.g., total immersion in the realization of Inity and the universality of JAH Love), have a long history of being used in spiritual rituals, and, to borrow your words, "[t]he lessons and visions the ... friends have taught to I are an everlasting gift that I will be happy even to provide for others whenever that opportunity presents itself again".

JAH PEACE & FREEDOM

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 1/23/2019 6:12:53 AM

Nesta I that is a good point, although usually I dont differentiate mushrooms from plants but in reality they are not plants, not bearing seed. But as the I suggest, I was referring to them as well as to ganjah, as they have been a special teacher to I. Truly I think of both psilocybe mushrooms and cannabis herbs as dear brothers and sisters, as dear to my heart as any spirits could be. So yes I wholeheartedly agree with what the I has said here!
Love

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 1/23/2019 6:19:11 AM

JAH Child, i thought that's what you meant--so rather than trying to present the finer points of taxonomic classification, of which i'm sure you are already well aware, i was really just making sure that we were thinking the same thing. Thanks for the reply and clarification.

JAH LOVE

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/23/2019 1:52:37 PM

Give thankhs for the I thoughts JahChild. And I think we have had a past reasoning about other forms of psychedelics.

I think you know my thoughts on not emulating the Religion of Haile Selassie. In my opinion NO Rastafari shares the religious beliefs of His Majesty there are some fundamental differences between Rastafari and Orthodox, not to mention who we see as the Divine. I'm sure His Majesty didn't praise himself. Also, his majesty has said religion is personal choice and no one more valid than another.

But for many people on here they disagree. And claim we must follow the example of His Majesty in how he lived his life and in his personal beliefs in its entirety. So for these people I am putting if this is the case for religion then as you say why not in hairstyle, diet, and drug use; as common practices form culture. It was not in the culture of His Majesty to smoke ganja.

I hope you see where I was coming from.

Again it seems like you are a 1 who can smoke herbs infrequently if and when you choose which is a blessing. As stated I definitely was not able to do this, i am very much a full on or full off kind of bredda. For many Rastafari one can not deny this leads to a ganja addiction. There comes a point where it becomes more than just a sacrament

Blessed love and Ites up.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 160161 - 170171 - 180181 - 190191 - 200
201 - 210211 - 212

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I