Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7041&start_row=191

Ganja talk

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 160161 - 170171 - 180181 - 190191 - 200
201 - 210211 - 212
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ignorant/Wise Rasta Youth Sent: 10/22/2020 11:57:46 AM

Love fi your liverty

I have a question for this thread and I subscribe 100% to GA's question mark on herb. As a youth InI don't use herb that often as my brain is not fully developed. I still do use it with balance, but InI ultimately don't know how healthy it is. Yes it is a gift from JAH but it weakens the memory and according to this study it kills brain cells on people under 25 yo who have a use several times a week.

I know that this is from an addiction center so maybe I should be more critical
https://www.addictioncenter.com/drugs/marijuana/kill-brain-cells/

BUT why can herb be healthy for a healthy man if it weakens his memory and kills brain cells on people under 25 years of age. No matter how high a degree ganja does it, it's still a side effect on the brain. I do not want to be seen as someone who would DISS the herb, but I am in a kind of dilemma. As some of the I's write: "Rasta is a symbol of self-love and healthy ital lifestyle"'

Messenger: Kiwiman Sent: 10/25/2020 4:10:16 AM

A lot of things that land in our brains are better off forgotten

Synaptic pruning [forgetting] encouraged by medicinal cannabis use can help a weary laden mind

Once the unhealthy pathways that clutter the mind are cleared out, ganja is not necessary [medicinally], though can still be beneficial in sacred use to promote trance and meditation for relaxation and ideation on JAH

Junk food and lack of exercise is worse than the herb

But dont smoke it , take holy anointing oil instead

Messenger: Ignorant/Wise Rasta Youth Sent: 9/29/2021 9:56:59 AM

Many of the I's argues for steaming being better or not even unhealthy.

I guess that a steaming chalice functions in the same way as a water pipe.

There are proved health risks associated with inhaling water-pipe smoke. Water-pipe smokers face the same health risks as cigarette smokers, including cancers, heart disease, lung disease and problems in pregnancy such as low birth weight..

Correct me if im wrong

Messenger: King Jam Sent: 9/29/2021 1:37:50 PM

i read a new feed. which was true.. talking about this women who lived to be about 122... she smoked tobacco most her life and stopped around the age of 90 or 99... she use to ride her bike still at that age...

so... i dont know...
what is to be will be

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 10/1/2021 10:34:04 PM

Ras youth... Steam is cleaner than smoke due to the water filtration and no requirement for papers or tobacco additives. Combustion vapor is even cleaner as produces no smoke, doesnt require one to change the herb into a liquid using chemical solvents.

But not smoking at all is the cleanest...... At least physically.

I enjoyed my few years herb break, right now mental and spiritual balance have to balance the physical balance, all in health and strength.

Live up

Messenger: Ignorant/Wise Rasta Youth Sent: 10/5/2021 11:08:45 AM

I know very well that it's a person's own choice what one does to his temple, but I think it's wrong to promote oneself as an Ital man while inhaling unhealthy smoke into one's temple. I know there are studies that say that ganja smoke can be good, but I still think that all smoke is not very good for any creature.

I can see that some in this thread have argued with the word "Balance" as if you just use smoke with balance there is no problem..
I don't eat Mc Donalds once a week and live Ital the rest of the week. I live Ital 24/7. Why should I eat poison food once a week when I can live healthy all week?

the same with ganja. Why should I inhale ganja in an unhealthy way once a week and call it "Balance" when I can absorb it through healthy ways everytime I use it?(Tea, etc.)

Messenger: Ignorant/Wise Rasta Youth Sent: 10/5/2021 11:17:47 AM

GARVEYS AFRICA
Bless up and Give Thanks

I know well that vapor doesen't cause any harm at all.
But I don't believe that steam is healthier. A lot of studies have argued how water in your lungs is very bad for you.

Like I said, I reckon steam works just like Hookah/water pipe (just without tobacco)

Messenger: King Jam Sent: 10/5/2021 5:10:09 PM

taken from internet..

While, many suggest that water vapor and steam are the same, and even use the terms interchangeably; there is a slight difference between them. In simplified science, both are referred to as the gaseous state of water. There is technically no difference between the two term.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 10/7/2021 2:23:43 PM

Your right brethren and one of the few who did sight from a similar perspective on the question of ganja

Man cant lie like smoking herbs is all ital.

Yet and still if smoking/vaping/eating some herbs will help a man meditate on Jah a little more and less so with devilish distraction while we live out of our natural minds in capture land, Then he may argue it is v-ital to his sustainance.

Theres no getting away though. The idea of vaping over smoking herbs among Rastafari need to be spoken about more, with reasons just like this one. My own reservation with the state of herb vaping right now is most of the vaping pens around deal with liquidized herbs/thc and i have to say i dont really trust the process. Combustion vape with original-state, dried herbs, over anything else could be the way 4wud

Messenger: Ignorant/Wise Rasta Youth Sent: 10/20/2021 8:28:29 AM

Bless up GARVEYS AFRICA

Something I also thought about..
Most of us are strongly against GMOs. But almost all weed today is genetically modified unless one lives in the mountains of Jamaica where the ancient plants are still growing. I live in a big city and here the rastas only smoke what they call weed. But these strains (OG kush, Bubba kush etc) have all been screwed up and down on CBD and THC levels.

I used to grow autoflower plants in my window. They were much smaller than a regular cannabis plant and it only took 3 months to grow them and then I had my ganja. Now I consider not to grow this summer because I feel that a plant that has been bred so much that it only needs to grow for 3 months in my window can have a bad influence on I temple.

What are your thoughts on these topics?

BLESS

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 160161 - 170171 - 180181 - 190191 - 200
201 - 210211 - 212

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I