Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6548&start_row=11

Any a d Idem watch Roots?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 38
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Voodooruuts Sent: 6/7/2016 7:20:42 PM

I think they got a Nat Turner movie set for November tho I may see that one, but I would like for a Haitian Rebeloution to be released. A documentary on the UPRisings and Revolutions that took place from N,S,C-America and the Caribbean would be great tho.

On Hidden Colors tho I would hv to watch them again to specify but it did even had the streets talking tho. Lots of ones enjoyed them and some things from it

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 6/7/2016 9:39:05 PM

Nat Turner? That should be interesting. Hope they are honest and accurate...

The one on Garvey should be interesting as well. Looking forward to it.

I would also love to see one on Toussaint Louverture! Queen Nanny. Boukman. Yaa Asantewaa. Queen Nzinga....and the list goes on!

Messenger: ras ravin-i Sent: 6/7/2016 10:39:34 PM

please permit me to say this....any and all movies not made by us or financially supported by us, acted by us, directed by us, casted by us, shown in our movie houses....is to be considered propaganda...now what would make anyone think that this system which is hailed to contain so much evil and deception, as spoken by many of us, what would make you think that this same system will allow you to know the truth about yourself?....be it by movies, be it by books, be it by whatever means....are we so naive to believe that our downpressors will even allow us to have a piece of mind knowing that they have just showed us some "truth"?...do any of you actually believe that these people will do something so meaningful?.....i ask you this...are u that naive?

Messenger: Voodooruuts Sent: 6/7/2016 11:35:43 PM

Ras Ravin I are u African?

Tribal or Diaspora?

Yeh Goddess its called "Birth of a Nation"

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 6/7/2016 11:57:50 PM

Ras, what are your views on Hidden Colors?

Messenger: ras ravin-i Sent: 6/8/2016 8:09:43 AM

voodooruts...your question is irrelevant to the reasoning...i did not ask anyones background....i am assuming that you are a young man, if not forgive me.....

Messenger: Voodooruuts Sent: 6/8/2016 8:23:06 AM

If the I feel so then so!

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/9/2016 7:57:41 AM

Stick a pin!!!!

We are talking about movies re: slavery and the image portrayed of black history in film

With that being said, any response dealing wih "us" this and "us" that - it is definately relevant to ascertain whether this "us" = the african diaspora who share the history of slavery. ....... Its all about context. If I ask a Question relating specifically to black affairs (like who wants to repatriate to africa?) then anyone may be welcome to put in they two cents but for purposes of context, the background/identitity or race of the responder is relevant! RG, and VDR are not new to the site and already know dem African, and most of this site already has a general idea of the background of the regular memebers.........

Still, and I think you were making the same point: We (BLACK RACE) have too much emphasis on "they" in terms of film and media portrayals of us. Lets not put misguided faith into white hollywood to tell an african history.

Messenger: ras ravin-i Sent: 6/9/2016 9:06:27 AM

oh ...i should divulge my "background " then?.....ok....i was born in Trinidad (caribbean) 1/2 and 1/2 9 not sure which 1/2 is which....little brown with shades of dark brown....60....been in the trad for 45 years....was young once...family man....one of the founders of the TTRU (Trinidad and Tobago Rastafari United)one of the framers of the Rastafari Code Of Conduct along with Ras Flako, Publisher of the Wisemind E-Magazine, Publisher of several of Ancient word Testimonies and Interviews conducted by Ras Flako over the years, an extensive travel history...is this enough? there is a lot more....but this will have to suffice,,,,

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/9/2016 9:16:11 AM

I think InI just wanted to know if also a part of the maafa with whom InI can relate on this topic. Give thanks for the share, more than enough. From I point of view, I see the Wisemind connection now

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 38

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I