Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6548&start_row=21

Any a d Idem watch Roots?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 38
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: ras ravin-i Sent: 6/9/2016 9:23:10 AM

i was referring to the fact of ANYTHING coming out of scallywood that is not written/produced/funded/casted/directed/shown in/ sold by/ profited by/received by/ ect us, it to be considered propaganda as long as massa has a stake in your freedom....its never going to be free...simple as dat!

Messenger: Voodooruuts Sent: 6/9/2016 10:16:22 AM

The I made a statement about propaganda and books if the oppressor as if nothing youve learned the was beneficial come from them oppressor books. As a one of the English speaking western world much of what the I know of Ras Tafari come directly or indirectly from the same.

Messenger: ras ravin-i Sent: 6/9/2016 10:20:19 AM

it seems like you are in defence of the massa standards or am i mistaken?...oh i didnt go to school past 13.....i would like to know what exactly you are refeting to as "good" coming out of massa?.....

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 6/9/2016 10:23:42 AM

Yes, films produced by us and for us is of upmost importance. But it doesn't end there, for CONTENT is equally crucial. Example: Tyler Perry movies... which I'm not a big fan of...ya feel me?

I am a Pan Afrikan Film enthusiast and supporter. Below are some links di I's might enjoy

Notable Films By Black Directors

Pan African Film Festival

Messenger: Voodooruuts Sent: 6/9/2016 1:13:20 PM

Its not a defense I, it in d I asking if we are "NAIVE" when much our beloved heroes/sheroes used "their" sources (books, institutions and so-on). Even to KNOW of African "history" and even transatlantic slave trade is most time thru their sources.
It is what "seem to I" as d I cockiness or arrogance what make I state way I states but if I wrong my bad

Bless Up

Messenger: ras ravin-i Sent: 6/9/2016 1:18:01 PM

cockiness?...how do you arrive at that? first of all....you should try and overs what i am saying...but i will leave you alone...you seem like a person eaisly offended bu statements made against your information suppliers...most time thru their sources?....dont you have any kind of experience of the stories told...orally?....are we so naive to believe that the slave master will willingly give us truthful info?....didnt we learn anything over the last few centuries?....all i am asking you to do is to think for yourself.....we all know of the trans atlantic trade...we all came thru it....so stop defending massa bro......

Messenger: Voodooruuts Sent: 6/9/2016 1:40:09 PM

Massa? Mmy own massa!
Free thinker I am and never defend anyone what downpress I people. Just a few remarks d I made to I what make me bring up dem things. I just be realistic much of what we had to get our info was from European sources.

Yes I have oral stories but oral but that is very limited Iyah, be real

Messenger: Voodooruuts Sent: 6/9/2016 1:54:02 PM

maybe sarcasm wudda bn a better word

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/9/2016 1:55:32 PM

Rasta Goddess give thanks for the links. Yes I. Content is important and I say more consciousness for the black producers and directors involved IN hollywood. Roots was remade and produced by the History channel and the same european based family which produced the original, although the storyline itself is Haley.

Voodooroots and Ras ravin the two are talking about wherre we get our sources of information? I would say that the grand master teachers of black history the past 50 years from dr ben to francis cress have all referenced european / babylonian sources. They were masterd of both and advised as to such. His Majesy himself was in support of InI reachin a heights in education including that which is establishment based. Of course their information is to be studied and cross examined and reviewed among conscious peers.

Messenger: Voodooruuts Sent: 6/9/2016 2:32:46 PM

For Its not where the info come from in this yah but it just a lil sarcastic to I the Ras Ravin came off I just tryna make a point that all of our includind Ras Ravin's info at some point at least in part is tied in to our oppressor's sources. Not movies but definitely books. If RR stop school at thirteen the d I teachers was sourced thru our oppressors at least partially!

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 38

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I