Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6299&start_row=51

Vitamin b12.....do you have to eat flesh at time

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 67
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Black heart Sent: 12/24/2015 6:43:02 AM

Brother. Yu have no right to tel I to nyam flesh. Unlike yu I man is a true vegetarian. I don't eat eggs, milk, meat or any animal product. Dat is I spirituality not yours. I man spirituality is different from yours but yu dicide to look down pon I spirituality which yu can't even overstand. Yu don't even ask why I man is a vegan yet yu dis I vegan life. Why? Is it bcos yu think I don't know what I'm doin? or is it bcos yu see mi stupid. I told yu dis is neither a debate nor a competition.

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 12/24/2015 7:01:05 AM

Being a vegan is part of I RASTA trod. It is I vow to Almighty creator dat I man present Iself as a living sacrifice. By being a vegetarian I man has no intention to please no one but it is I way of appreciating, giving thanks & Ises unto Almighty fo life & all de good Almighty provides to I. . I man main reason for bein vegetarian is not health but health comes as a bonus. By bein a vegetarian I man not realy tryin to conform to RASTA standards or principles. Anyone dat dis I vow is de antiChrist

Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 12/24/2015 9:01:49 AM

Brother, you have obviously some problems in overstanding what i'm saying. I am not dissing Vegans,i over the purpose of Vegan and why it is done. I know lots of people close to me who are Vegan, and maybe also I take that trod one day. All i'm saying is there is a limit and natural balance to everything, if your choice of being Vegan is affecting your health, then you should stop. I don't agree with this ''sacrifice'' talk. The flesh is the temple so we safeguard that primarily. Your actions is what is taken into consideration by Jah, not what you eat. Vegan, like many other things in this world, are not for everyone. Some people can control ganja, some cannot. Some can drink milk, others are lactose intolerant. Some can eat paprika, while some stomachs can't handle it and so on. I am only suggesting that if this is affecting your health, then you should turn to vegetarian with (milk, eggs, cheese) in order to obtain B12, or even eat meat once in a while. The choice is yours of course, but there is no point in being stubborn to the point where it endangers your health. And no, i do not think you are stupid and do not mean any disrespect.

Blessed love.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 12/24/2015 9:09:36 AM

In terms of Ital, both supplements and all flesh products are not Ital, including milk and even more so with eggs.

So just because supplements are not Ital, eating eggs or milk is not an Ital alternative.

A person makes a choice of what to take, and in terms of Ital, the supplements are closer to Ital than milk and eggs. Some may think milk and eggs are more Ital because they are more natural. They may be more natural in terms of existence, but not necessarily more natural in terms of human consumption.

Also, Ital may be derived from the word natural and vital, but it is more than just natural. It is keeping away from all flesh, milk and similar things. So again, in terms of Ital, supplements are still closer to Ital than milk or eggs.

Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 12/24/2015 9:12:59 AM

Yes, and i haven't been talking about whether i am full ital or not. I am saying that if it as affecting your health, then you should stop. Yes?

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 12/24/2015 9:53:03 AM

If supplements solve the issue, why should people stop?

Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 12/24/2015 10:11:55 AM

Then whats the point of Ital when you continue to take artificial? That's what i am saying, it defeats the point.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 12/24/2015 11:19:30 AM

Did the I not read what I just said a couple of posts ago. In terms of Ital using a non-harmful supplement is a better alternative and closer to Ital than eating flesh, dairy or eggs. And taking a non-harmful substance does not defeat the point of Ital. Eating flesh defeats the point much more.

----------------
In terms of Ital, both supplements and all flesh products are not Ital, including milk and even more so with eggs.

So just because supplements are not Ital, eating eggs or milk is not an Ital alternative.

A person makes a choice of what to take, and in terms of Ital, the supplements are closer to Ital than milk and eggs. Some may think milk and eggs are more Ital because they are more natural. They may be more natural in terms of existence, but not necessarily more natural in terms of human consumption.

Also, Ital may be derived from the word natural and vital, but it is more than just natural. It is keeping away from all flesh, milk and similar things. So again, in terms of Ital, supplements are still closer to Ital than milk or eggs.
--------------

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/24/2015 12:04:02 PM

What is ital without including that which is vital to survival? Dairy would give a good source of bioavailable b12 from small amounts. There is evidence to show man has been using dairy products since pre-predynastic times, as well as venerating the cow as a diety in the mother of all dieties Nut, and Hathor and others.. Ark I point should be repeated, eating something like dairy is on a different levels and wavelength altogether than killing the cow and eating the flesh

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 12/24/2015 2:13:57 PM

-----
Ark I point should be repeated, eating something like dairy is on a different levels and wavelength altogether than killing the cow and eating the flesh
-----

The I must have been reading I mind, I don't think I wrote that, although I do think that. Dairy is not Ital, but I see it as quite different then eating dead flesh and I do eat some dairy products. I just make sure that if I eat cheese, that it doesn't have any rennet in the ingredients.

Since I and I are Reasoning about Ital. Is the I them aware that almost all major brand bars of soap are made of animal fat. They call the ingredient Sodium Tallowate (tallow is lard).

I make sure that I buy soap with an olive oil or other vegetable oil base.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 67

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I