Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6229&start_row=21

Y'shua Born in Ethiopia

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 58
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 10/30/2015 10:28:59 PM

I think the I is reading too much into the fact that Haile Selassie I said today.

Today man sees all his hopes and aspirations crumbling before him.

This still happens today for many people.

What Haile Selassie I is saying is true about the Bible. Many people, Iself included have found a great help in the Bible. That doesn't mean that great help can only be found in the Bible, or that a person will be lost without the Bible. Great help can be found in many Books of Inspiration. And even greater help can be found as Iron sharpen Iron and Ones and Ones come together.

I think what Selassie I says hear has more significance than many people realize.

In it man will find the solution of his present difficulties and
guidance for his future action, and unless he accepts with clear conscience the Bible and its great Message, he cannot hope for salvation. For my part I glory in the Bible.

Haile Selassie I is not saying
--------
unless he accepts the Bible and its great Message, he cannot hope for salvation.
--------

Haile Selassie I has shown in his other speeches great respect for other religions and cultures and He doesn't see His religion alone as valid. This goes against some of the teachings of the Bible, which teaches not only intolerance of other people's religion, but also teaches murder through that intolerance.

RasTafarI said,

unless he accepts with clear conscience the Bible and its great Message, he cannot hope for salvation.

A clear conscience is righteousness and purity without guilt. So to I, Haile Selassie I is telling people who read the Bible, that they must read it with a clear conscience. That is why I and I cannot justify or accept some of the wicked things that are done or said in the Bible. I and I shouldn't be so blindly following the things people did or said, because not everything they did or said was from God, some was from their own misunderstanding or wickedness. If I and I refuse the wickedness of the Bible, I and I can Trod without guilt, with a clear conscience. But if people follow the wicked actions and thoughts of some of the people in the Bible, then they are also guilty of this wickedness. If they try to justify the wickedness of some people in the Bible and insult the Most High God Haile Selassie I by saying that the wickedness was His decree, then it is guiltiness and disrespect to the Righteousness and Love of Haile Selassie I.

Haile Selassie I is much higher than the Bible, so I look to HIM first, to filter what I should and shouldn't deal with in the Bible. Then I look to I Irits, and will not accept something that is not acceptable to I Irits. I will not deal with wickedness because the Bible teaches it, I am only interested in the Righteous Teachings in the Bible.

Messenger: John Israel Sent: 10/31/2015 1:26:03 AM

Yes my lord
give thanks
Ras Tafari

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 10/31/2015 10:35:34 AM

Give thanks for proper, humble and WISE edification!

Messenger: John Israel Sent: 10/31/2015 12:05:27 PM

ones must also know that israel is not "murdering" whole peoples without reason. they are simply reclaiming their land which they were robbed of by the seven wicked sons of caanan earlier. israel broom sweep away all corruption.

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 10/31/2015 3:44:05 PM

Yes I Ark I!

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 10/31/2015 4:34:04 PM

^^israelis of today use the same excuse

But we have no actual proof that land belonged to Israel first. We do however have proof of lands which were stolen in this time. Based off the suggested logic that the Israelites are justified in their alleged treatment of Canaan. The natives of America, Brazil, Africa, India etc should rise and murder every European outside of Europe, and reclaim the land.
Once more we have a conflict of interest between certain people interpretation of the Bible and the actual works of HIM. His Majesty did not show this kind of mentality when faced with similar circumstances involving the Italians; letting many of them return to Italy alive and unharmed. A difference in character / personality to the God of Israel when dealing with the OT

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 10/31/2015 4:52:24 PM

Reality as opposed to foolishness. Genocide (not just murder) is never justified. If you think so, religion has taken all common sense

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 10/31/2015 10:27:11 PM

John Israel, you said,
----------------
ones must also know that israel is not "murdering" whole peoples without reason. they are simply reclaiming their land which they were robbed of by the seven wicked sons of caanan earlier. israel broom sweep away all corruption.
----------------

That is not true, have you not read the Bible? They are not reclaiming land that was taken from them, the Bible doesn't say this and the Bible also never said that they were previously robbed of that land. What the claim in the Bible is, is that God made a covenant with Abraham to give those people's land to his seed.

-----------------
Genesis 15

18 In the same day the Lord made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates:

19 The Kenites, and the Kenizzites, and the Kadmonites,

20 And the Hittites, and the Perizzites, and the Rephaims,

21 And the Amorites, and the Canaanites, and the Girgashites, and the Jebusites.
-----------------

You may want to believe that God actually said that, but those are the kinds of things I am refering to of what came from men, not God. They disrespected God by using God as their excuse to slaughter other people so that they could steal their land. Haile Selassie I shows the example of God, and Haile Selassie I would never approve of such wickedness, much less tell people to do those things in the name of God.

Messenger: John Israel Sent: 10/31/2015 10:46:11 PM

The Kebra Nagast(saint gregory) says so. the land 1st belonged to shem-ites. israelites coming outa egypt are many and need someland to settle, so they reclaim stolen ancestral land. kebra nagast is bible and should be included in the books of the bible.

Messenger: John Israel Sent: 10/31/2015 10:55:51 PM

israel was left an uninhabited desert (read prophests) israel did their whoredoms on the land and it vomited them. roman conquest of israel AD saw many of them die, and survivors fled south into Africa. (enemy came frm north) other ppl settle there.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 58

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I