Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1083&start_row=11

Holy Piby...

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 32
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 11/27/2005 2:35:33 PM

burn whatever you disagree with?

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

don't tink so

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 11/27/2005 2:41:21 PM

Whatever RSK.

Messenger: Sistren Mentewab Sent: 11/28/2005 7:27:38 AM

Greetings to once and onces...

Me giv thanks fe de advice on de "Holy Piby". In'I always did hear Rastas sasa bout de book, but me never knew what was inside. Some sasa dat it's de Rastaman's "Bible" BUT then if it doesn't uphold In'I Father HIM as the Almighty, then i must say dat we haf fe keep on spreading de word of In'I Father.

Blessed love and respect.
KEDEMAWE HAILE SELASSIE, WOIZERO MENEN!

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 11/28/2005 9:58:55 AM

I have no need for the publication personally, but I don't like the practice of destroying things in that there are some who have no need for my life textbook (Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth) and I would hate to see it destroyed as it has been in some societies, preventing ones from ever seeing it. If this publication is full of mistruths, it'll be known by whomever partakes of its spoiled bread.

RSK

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 11/28/2005 4:56:03 PM

Its flooded with mistruths. Robert Athlyi killed himself, did you know that?

And yes I don't think it should be abandoned or taken from people, but its not divine and therefore is idle reading. God doesn't need a new Bible, nor does it need to be for white black or anything else. We must think of Haile Selassie I Jesus Christ as a Iniversal God, not just in Ethiopia. Even the bible states that yes Christ is King of the Jews, but is He not also King of the Gentiles?

Athyli also seems to think that God has 12 commandments for Ethiopian and the Israelites only get ten, I guess God wanted to give them the light load huh? No. Those other two commandments I suppose just left His Majestys mind when He said that Ones should follow the TEN COMMANDMENTS.

"Hear ye, O daughters of Athyli! Verily I say unto you, the hopes and salvation of a woman is in the man, whose trust is in the Lord, Our God, in me."

Funny. I always thought woman and man got salvation from God, not some idiot in New Jersey.

Messenger: the rock Sent: 11/28/2005 6:47:46 PM

"woman and man got salvation from God" is good not in man and woman?
here is a post i found on the piby.Athlyi was a man that did a great number of thing to help black people of his day, so his works stand for themself..Haile Selassie said he is a man and that he is not god,...dose that make rasta disobedient to his word..Haile Selassie was a Orthodox Christian how many people that say they follow
his word are from the eoc.i don't judge them you or myself, i just want you to think about whole pic, befor you condem a man.he payed for his sin(wrong doings)

The true foundation of Rastafari is the Holy Piby, the "Black Man's Bible," compiled by Robert Athlyi Rogers of Anguilla from 1913 to 1917. It was published, not coincidentally, in the same year Rev. Webb made his declaration-1924. A Barbadian minister named Rev. Charles F. Goodridge came upon the secret Bible in Colon, Panama.

But at the same time large quantities were being printed in Newark, New Jersey, by other believers, and from there, copies of the Piby were shipped to Kimberly, South Africa, where missionaries of black supremacy started a church for the diamond-field workers called the Afro-Athlican Constructive Church (AACC). Through these proselytizing efforts, Goodridge became associated with a woman named Grace Jenkins Garrison, and together they brought the doctrine of the Holy Piby to Jamaica in 1925, founding a branch of the AACC under the name the Hamatic Church.

Meeting immediately with much persecution from the Fundamentalist, Revivalist and more conventional Christian church leaders for their adherence to the occult Bible, Goodridge and Garrison fled into the bush country of the parish of St. Thomas, in Eastern Jamaica, and it was there that the seeds of Rastafarianism were implanted. Early Rasta leaders like Leonard P. Howell gravitated to the forbidden encampments to read the Holy Piby-purportedly the closest thing to the first Bible, which was said to have been written in Amharic (for centuries the official language of Ethiopia, and allegedly the original language of mankind).

Goodridge and Garrison maintained that under the early popes white church scholars distorted the Amharic Bible in the translating and editing process to make God and His prophets Caucasian instead of black. Among the chapters in the Piby was one called "The Black Man's Map of Life," which spelled out his difficult but ultimately glorious destiny from Creation to Armageddon and beyond.

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 11/28/2005 7:50:32 PM

Haile Selassie never said He was not God. All of those quotes are hear say.

Athyli was a false prophet. Whether a person does good or not matters not. Don't even the pagans pratice good morals, just like Christ said. these "good" works aren't enough for merit.

Messenger: the rock Sent: 11/28/2005 11:17:43 PM

rev22
12] And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

Canada in 1967 aboard the royal train

Questioned by Bill McNeil: "there are millions of Christians throughout the world, your Imperial Majesty, who regard you as the reincarnation of Jesus Christ."

Selassie's answer: "I have heard of that idea. I also met certain Rastafarians. I told them clearly that I am a man, that I am mortal, and that I will be replaced by the oncoming generation, and that they should never make a mistake in assuming or pretending that a human being is emanated from a deity

Defender of The Faith
Thursday, January 21, 1965

Holy Fathers, we have welcomed the title you have given us, Defender of the Faith, with great honour. May Almighty God grace your name. May God welcome you. We have received this title given us by you Holy Fathers, with religious reverence. May your prayers help Us in Our effort to fulfil the task entrusted to us

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 11/29/2005 3:00:51 AM

Questioned by Bill McNeil: "there are millions of Christians throughout the world, your Imperial Majesty, who regard you as the reincarnation of Jesus Christ."

Selassie's answer: "I have heard of that idea. I also met certain Rastafarians. I told them clearly that I am a man, that I am mortal, and that I will be replaced by the oncoming generation, and that they should never make a mistake in assuming or pretending that a human being is emanated from a deity

Okay, so let me ask you several questions about this little lie.

1) Why is it that when they play this on audion they play music over the voice of His Majesty and you can't even hear HIM speak, but you can hear the interpreter speaking? They cover over HIM vioce.

2) Why is it that no one heard this until the little regime of the Abuna at the EOC in JA, to convert InI? Isn't that a little suspiciuos?

3) Also, have you ever read the reports from the 61 mission to Africa when Douglas Mack and the other bredren went bearing gifts for His Majesty and before they announced themselves as Rastafarians His Majesty asked about the gifts saying, "Are these from the Rastafari brethren?" He knew of InI then and said nothing, read the report. Or how about the video of His Majestys visit to JA in 1966, when HIM crown 13 of InI Rasta Elders. Why did His Majesty give awards to those who were in wrong and leading people astray.

4) You posted the Defender of the Faith speach below, so how come as Defender of the Faith He did not correct us instead of crowning us. Don't you think that the King of king and Lord of lords would Defend the Faith? Why can He speak and make a humble plee before the world but can't adress thiteen long haired men? Don't you ever wonder?

5) Also my bredren Nyah Japhet made it clear when the man did say,

"Did you ever think about, why HIM never just said straight and clear I AM NOT GOD? Why he alwas answered such questions parable-like?"

6) Okay I have heard of people state, "Well He said over and over agian He wasn't God." When? Where are all of these supposed quotes? I have only heard two and trust me I've heard all the anti-Rastafari crapoganda you can hear. There is nothing I haven't heard. The other little quote they tried to pull up was that Rasta didn't overstand Ethiopian Culture and so they sent the EOC to JA. But again this was never coming from the mouth of Haile I. Rastafari don't need a mediator. And again I am going to use Nyah Japhet perfect reasoning as to the falseness of this accusation.

"HIM never tried to convert I n I by sending the EOC! In 1960 there were big problems with I n I inna JA, and the UWI wanted to negotiate between I n I and the JA government. So they wrote a report and told the Gvmt what I n I Brethren want, one of the points was the Back to Africa Mission, an other was a EOC established in JA. All of I n I demands were fulfilled, the LAST was the EOC. So I n I asked for the Eoc, HIM didn't force noone!"

I could keep on with this for a while but enough fire for now.

You also wrote in my response to works not being enough,

rev22
12] And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

Well bredren you and everyone else should know by know and that is you can't make points by using one line of scripture. If you want to talk about the scripture and its message and meaning then you have to quote everything as a whole.

For there are other requirments Christ did say,

Matthew 10-
[32] Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.
[33] But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

also,
Matthew
30] He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.

Not everyone who does "good works" is making the team.

Ehp 2:9
[8] For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
[9] Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Hebrew 6:10-12
[10] For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister.
[11] And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end:
[12] That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises.

Of course faith without works is worthless. A car without an engine, an engine without a car. No good either way.
Rastafari

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 11/29/2005 4:00:18 AM

And also

7) In all of the newpapers and radio report and even the in the entire film footage of the JA visit in 66', there is not one quote as to the denial of divinity. I have seen the movie, and I've read at least for differnt articles from the gleaner and so forth, and I've heard the radio broadcasting that was going live in JA when Haile I arrived. THERE IS NO DENIAL AND THERE NEVER HAS BEEN. EARTHQUAKE AND THUNDER FOR THAT. Why follow a god that denies their divinty. Thats ridiculous.

And just again for the the record, yes His Imperial Majesty did say He was the Christ. Think back about oh.. 1930 November 2nd. His Majesty took upon HIMself many many many titles of Messianic and Solomonic titles amongst the incredible mass of other titles that the Triple Crown King of Idemption took on HIMself. Or how about those other titles:

Grand Gordon of the Order of Solomon
Knight Grand Cross of the Order of Solomon
Knight of the Garter
Knight Grand Cross of the Order of the Bath
Knight Grand Cross of the Order of St. Michael and St. George
Royal Victorian Chain
Field Marshall of the British Army
Doctor of Laws Cambridge
Doctor of Civil Laws Oxford
Grand Cross of the Order of the Legion of Honor
The Order of the Savior
The Order of the Seraphines
The Order of Annuncation
The Order of Elephant
The Order of Meritof the Italian Republic
The Order of the Golden Lion
The Light and Protection of Our Salvation
The Order of Leopold
Earths Rightful Ruler
The Order of Savorov
The Order of St. Olaf
The Order of the Star
The order of the Aztec Eagle
The Order of the Republic 1st Class
The Order of San Sebastion Guillini
The Order of the Lion of the Netherlands
1st Class Military Order of the White Lion
The Order of Military Merit
Ribbon of the Grand Cross of the Order of Christ
St, James and Aviz
Ancient Order of the Nyahbinghi
Order of Melchizedek
Great Son of Ethiopia
Father of African Unity
Universal Denfender of the Orthodox Tewahedo Faith
Custodian of the Holy Ark of the Covenant

Rev 19:12

I will say it again. Everybody needs a copy of Haile Selassie I AuotBio. On the Intro page the title that He wrote clearly states

King of all kings of Ethiopa and Lord of all lords

Notice it doesn't say, "King of kings and Lord of lords of Ethiopia"

Yes thats right, He says He is Lord of all lords after being the King of kings of Ethiopia.

Come on people we need to get our act together. I don't know why that little interview is such a trip wire for so many "rastas". When people have a question InI need an answer, not to prove but to show those people the way and seperate the truth from the false. There are so many bredren and sistren that give up their faith in Haile I because of this.

Rastafari Haile Selassie I is The Almighty God no mistake.

Blessed Love

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 32

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I