Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=939&start_row=21

striving to be a rastarfian woman

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 32
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 7/23/2005 1:33:16 AM

Idren I must clarify a ting that is here so that there is true overstanding:

RSK don't got a problem with Jesus. RSK don't accept Christianity. RSK knows that you will know a tree by its fruit and historically speaking, evatime colonization takes place, the bible is accompanied with a gun. I say, turn those guns into plows and raspeckt what Jah has given us. The fruit of colonization with the overtone of christianity is oppression.

I don't tink Jesus would be pleased with christians and he never said to my knowledge (which i admit is limited) that the i should participate in such a ting

if Jah in the heart, there is no need for the rituals of manmade ligions

did not he say love one another, not build houses of worship and pray on sunday (not the sabbath) and then roast human beings that evening at the pic-a-nicca

true rasta is rasta from creation---internal flame burns and can't be put out by babylonian propaganda even if they "put the wrong letters on their pages", THEY ARE DESTROYING THE BLUEPRINT SO NO ONE CAN SEE

WHO IS THE ORIGINAL AND WHO IS THE COPY!

RSK down wit MIDNITE St Croix 2

~ONE~

Messenger: jahlove_72 Sent: 7/23/2005 2:38:33 AM

Greets Native Root

I consider myself a biblical scholar, and I would be willing to venture that the origination of Christianity is not so simple as a copy cat of other mythologies. While I agree that these other religions, including the different Judaisms of that time, had a major impact and influence on the early christian thinkers, history is just not as black/white (no racial pun intended) as that, imo. In fact, your historical methodology seems lacking.

You wrote: "Idren and Sistren, the bible is nothing more than a book of many books written by drunks and vagabonds. these drunks and vagabonds took beliefs from all over they're conquered lands and formed thier own belief system. CHA!"

This whole paragraph is simply not true.

Blessings

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 7/23/2005 3:52:19 AM

Yes I know bredren I have heard all of these things that he has disscussed and no disrespect but he was wrong. He was informed by very false sources, if you go and check what a true scholar would say they would be able to explain every "contradiction" that has been disscussed. Search it out bredren, its easily found on the net or in books. The historical evidence for Christ and His miricales are also recorded, not just in the Bible but also recorded buy the historians that were present at the time. Now as far as mythology, yes I do know that mythology exist in the bible, but its mostly in the old testamnet in the very beginning. The adam and eve .... Let me ask you a question, do you know what manna is? There are alot of things to talk about in the old teatament bredren, but historians, biblical scholars, archiologists... they all agree as the the acuracy of historical events that took place. Remember Negus, HIM tell InI that the bible was "THE RALLYING POINT OF MANKIND." This is what God Jah Rastafari said, not InI.

Ras Zion Isis

Messenger: jahlove_72 Sent: 7/23/2005 4:08:59 AM

Greetings Dreadnut

You wrote: He was informed by very false sources, if you go and check what a true scholar would say they would be able to explain every "contradiction" that has been disscussed.

Well, I can only agree with some of your points. You and I have a different version of what a true scholar is, for in my version a scholar is one who questions and investigates, not just trying to argue and explain contradictions in the Bible, but truly looking at all the available evidence we have, and trying to objectively look at the events that took place. I am no believer in the infallibility of the Bible, as I look at how it was put together and edited. It seems silly that Rastas that defend the Bible as if it is the whole Christ-story in its entirety, seem to ignore that it was Rome, and the Roman church, that edited it and made an official orthodoxy. Simply put, early Christians did not have a Bible as we know it today, but each community would have its own gospel, its own Christ-story, in which their particular church would practice.

History means, literally, "investigation", and as a historian that is what I do, investigate...not to defend some religious beliefs I have, but in order to get some accuracy concerning our past.

This history has led to more mystical states, as it has broadened my view of the Christ-story.

And yes, if Haile Selassie I was here sitting with me and reasoning with me, I would tell HIM the same thing as I have told this forum, and I can only bet that His Majesty would NOT act as some fundementalist Christian, but would listen and vibe as the True Mystic Christian HIM was.

Blessings

Messenger: nazaritepj Sent: 7/23/2005 4:59:16 AM

truth is truth. Dont matter who wrote it, or re-wrote it, or who said it or who quoted it. Doesnt even matter if it has been twisted, and covered. Truth is still truth, and it will come to view....just as concrete cannot stop the grass from growing...truth will be truth.

Messenger: native root Sent: 8/2/2005 8:25:58 PM

idren and sistren i must correct iself. in an earliar post on this thread i stated the bible was written by drunks.my apologies, the gospels were not written by drunks and vagabonds.However it was put together,in rome, by peoples of questionable character and moral standing.

One Creator One People One Calling

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 8/2/2005 10:26:31 PM

My lord,

If two people are staring at a pot of rolling water, it doesn't matter on ones perception, the water is boiling regardless. When I say a true scholar I mean some one who has investigated, not a preacher a shcolar. I know scholars of the Bible who could care less about God. The point is that I have done extreme research on these contradictions and have pages flooded with fact after fact of why they weren't true. You need to check for yourself, go find out why your wrong, if you find nothing then you are right. And I leave it up to you to tell Haile Selassie whatever you want, I don't care what you tell HIM, thats not mine to care for.

Blessed

Messenger: IRIE LION Sent: 8/3/2005 12:44:55 PM

DREADNUT WROTE: Let me ask you a question, do you know what manna is?

exodus 16: 13 And it came to pass, that at even the quails came up, and covered the camp: and in the morning the dew lay round about the host. 14 And when the dew that lay was gone up, behold, upon the face of the wilderness there lay a small round thing, as small as the hoar frost on the ground. 15 And when the children of Israel saw it, they said one to another, It is manna: for they wist not what it was. And Moses said unto them, This is the bread which the LORD hath given you to eat.

I HAVE HEARD THAT WHAT CAME OUT OF THE GROUND WHEN THE DEW "THE MIST OR FOG" LIFTED, WAS MUSHROOMS. I HAVE ATE A FAIR SHARE OF MAGIC MUSHROOMS WHEN I WAS YOUNGER. AND WHAT MUSHROOMS REVEAL TO I IS NOTHING EVIL, JUST A VERY DEEP YET TWISTED HARD TO INTERPERATE MEDITATION. LIKE JAH CREATE THE RAINBOW, AS HIS COVENANT WITH NOAH THAT HE NOT FLOOD THE ENTIRE EARTH AGAIN. WELL WHEN I ATE MUSHROOMS I SAW RAINBOWS EVERYWHERE. I SAW A RAINBOW ON THE MOON. ON THE HEADLIGHTS OF EVERYONES CARS AT NIGHT. I ALSO HAD MANY OTHER VISIONS, BUT ALL WERE ABOUT WHERE I WAS GOING WITH I LIFE, WHATS THE DIRECTION? WHY AM LIVING THIS WAY? ALL EGO OR WHO I "THINK" I WAS, WAS TOTALLY SHATTERED. AND I FIND AND FEEL A LOVE I HAVENT EVER FEALT BEFORE. FOR SOME REASON I REALLY FEEL MANNA, IS MUSHROOMS. WHAT ELSE COMES OUT OF THE DEW OF THE GROUND AS SMALL ROUND THINGS? THIS IS EXACTLY DESCRIBED AS MUSHROOMS DO THE SAME THING. THEY COME FROM OUT OF THE DEW (A HUMID CLIMATE)AS SMALL ROUND THINGS.

ALL TRUTH WILL BE REVEALED.

Messenger: IRIE LION Sent: 8/3/2005 1:05:09 PM

HISTORY, MEANS HIS STORY. ITS JUST SOMEBODY'S VERSION OF THE TRUTH OF WHAT REALLY HAPPENED. YOU KNOW THERE CAN BE THREE SIDES TO THE STORY, MY SIDE, YOUR SIDE, AND THE SIDE OF THE TRUTH. BUT THE SIDE OF TRUTH STANDS ALONE WITH JAH. ONLY PIECES OF TRUTH ARE REVEALED TO THOSE WHOM SEEK AND JAH REWARD. SOME HAVE HIGHER MEASURE AND ARE GIVEN MORE TRUTH THAN OTHERS. AS A RASTA LIVING IN BABYLON AMONGST COUNTLESS BALDHEAD, I SIGHT AND KNOW I HAVE HIGHER MEASURE OF WISDOM KNOWLEDGE AND OVERSTANDING OVER MANY HERE IN BABYLON. DO THE I'S FEEL THIS WAY? BUT HISTORY IN BABYLON, IS JUST HIS STORY. BABYLON VERSION OF WHAT HAPPENED. LIKE IN BABYLON SCHOOL, THE THE HIS-STORY BOOK TELL US THAT COLOMBUS AND HENRY MORGAN WERE GREAT MEN WHO DID GREAT THINGS BUT THEM IN TRUTH WERE PIRATES.

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 8/3/2005 2:07:47 PM

Yes I my lord!

Manna is the flyagric amanita muscaria, the red mushroom with the white dots. Yes my bredren, well the meditation depends upon the strains as well I. You should look for (although I don't know your environment but) cyaneseans. Cubensis can be sickening and also unclear idetation, but the cyaneseans are the best. But yes I, back in the days of Solomon when He was building the temple in the book of Kings, they built two giant pillars that were yellowish white and they were arguably 39 1/2 ft tall, then they took huge bowl type structures and they would wire about 200 pomagranties around the bowl, flip the bowl upside down and then place it on top of the pillars to form the shape of the amanita mushroom. But I have notice that certain Rasta has missed this manna story. In the book of revelations says, "to him that overcometh, I will give to eat of the manna and incense" Everybody remembers the Ark of the Covenant right, well Revelation states that the mushrooms and "incense (Kaneh bosm, cannabis)".

Exodus 16:14- "And when the DEW THAT WAS GONE UP, behold, upon the face o the wilderness there lay a small round thing, as small as the HOARFROST ON THE GROUND."

Numbers 11:9- "And when the dew fell upon the camp IN THE NIGHT, the manna fell upon it."

A 'hoarfrost' is a fungal growth that is just a round dome shaped spot on the ground. So too is the Amanita in its first stage of growth, as other mushrooms are. This tells us also that this growth was "as the hoar frost on the ground" as opposed to hanging on a tree or bush. Its location in "the wilderness" demonstrates it was not cultivated.

For those who don't know, mushrooms grow in the cool dark of the night. The best time to pick these mushrooms is in the morning so it is not out of place to read

Exodus 16:21- "And they gathered it every morning and when the sun waxed hot it melted"

Nothing unusual here either. Mushrooms do not continue to dry when the suns heat and light is own them. When more than what was needed was picked what happens? Lets see

Exodus 16:20 ... some of them left of it until morning and it bred worms and stank

Nothing odd about that because mushroom is only a fungus, and can not sit long with out rotting. So how does Israel presrve these preciuos jewels,

Exodus 16:23-24 ..bake that which ye will bake today and SEETHE WHAT YE SEETHE and it did not stink, nor was there any worm within

Another way of preserving mushrooms is to keep them in honey. Gee, I wonder if this is why the "promised land" is flowing with milk and honey. Seeing as milk is the main ingredient in soma, which i will discuss later.

The idea of being born in the night and the idea of a worm therin to smote it we also find in Jonah. Only in this story it is called a gourd. But as we all know a gourd is not a plant that has a one day life cycle.

Jonah 4:7+10 ... the gourd which came up in a night and perished in a night a worm when the morning rose the next day smote the gourd that it withered

Like the manna Jonah's gourd was attacked by the worm. It was his protecter and producer of joy as it was " a shadow over his head, to deliver him from his grief."

In exodus and numbers we are given an even more important clue to understand this mushrooms botanical identification.

Exodus 16:31 ...and it was like corriander-seed white

Numbers 11:17 And the manna was as corriander seed and the and the color of bdellium.

When the Aminita's first appear they are covered in a universal veil, which is white, like the corriander seed. The corriander is a flower and when the corriander flower blooms it is mostly red and partly white. The amanita too when it is full grown is mostly red and partly white. The white specks being the last part of the universla veil. Bdellium is not a color per se. As a secondary term of the word it means splotted or blotchy. Just like the white patches on the Amanita.

In John 6:31+34 Our fathers did eat the manna in the dessert...give us this bread.

Also John the baptist also ate honey and locust, the semitic word for mushroom, gab'a is a pun on the arabic gobay, guba, meaning edible locust!

Why would it be ridiculous to think they they Israelites were eating hallucineogenic mushrooms? They were eating and inhaling ganja through incense, the Semites are the ones who first created hash, so they were using these types of things.

Blessed

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 32

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I