Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=939&start_row=1

striving to be a rastarfian woman

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 32
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Sistah Sent: 7/20/2005 11:15:01 PM

Greetings to my follow brethrens and sistrens! I'm a 34 yr old sistren from Charlotte, NC. I'm new to Rastafari and I have a lot to learn. It's hard to find a TRUE RAS. I've met a lot of brethrens and sistrens, but I can't say all of them are "TRUE RAS". I'm open to learn and strive within the Rastafari. I'm hoping those of you that are real TRUE RAS can enlighten a newly striving Ras. May Jah bless all of you. Sistah (sistafree2001@yahoo.com)

Messenger: IRIE LION Sent: 7/21/2005 12:42:49 PM

BLESSED LOVE,

MORE GUIDANCE BE UPON YOU, HOLD FIRM IN YOUR STANCE, DONT GET CARRIED ASTRAY. LET THE WORD BE PLANTED IN YOU IN GOOD SOIL, SO THAT YOU MAY BEAR FRUIT, AND CARRY OUT JAH WORKS. DO NOT LET IT BE PLANTED ON THE STONE, OR IN THE THORNS. KNOW YOUR POSITION. THEN LIVE.

SELASSIE I

Messenger: Sistah Sent: 7/21/2005 1:13:38 PM

GREETINGS IRIE LION! INI GIVE THANKS FOR YOUR REPONSE. YOUR WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT IS A BLESSING FROM THANK YOU AND I WILL NOT ALLOW MY SELF TO BE LEAD ASTRAY ONLY IN THE DIVINE LIGHT OF JAH-RASTAFARI!

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 7/21/2005 6:39:13 PM

contact me at rassistrenkhamyl on yahoo messenger

I trod same walk 7 years ago

started at 33

RSK

Messenger: Sistah Sent: 7/21/2005 9:49:44 PM

Greetings Sistren Khamyl I will link up with u soon. Respect

Messenger: native root Sent: 7/22/2005 2:10:04 PM

jus remeber Rastafari is african movement and not christian religion.

Tafari Makkonen, the True,True Ras will guide the sistren goin out and comin in.

bless

Messenger: Osiris Sent: 7/22/2005 2:18:34 PM

Ras Tafari HIMself is a devout Christian. He sees the suffering of the Christ realistically.
If the I hasn't already, read HIM words on this page at this link:

http://www.jah-rastafari.com/selassie-words/show-jah-word.asp?word_id=christmas

JAH Bless

Messenger: native root Sent: 7/22/2005 3:41:19 PM

"the greco-roman judeo-christian tradition is((about))this thing, black nazzerine lion earth fia king"

Haile Selassie I practic a form christianity that differs much from western christianity.still His Majesty didnt deal wit pope business, seen? HIM nah deal wit religion.HIM deal wit spiritualness.

ini cyan go back and forth with this topic till the end of days.i have seen it time and time again on different forums and such.

iman used to see Ras Tafari thru christian eyes.what a misconstrued and blurred vision it was.ones must take off the shakles to see the truth. seen? with a name like osiris iman would guess you know about egyption mytho, and should therefore know the origins of christianity.

I Negus Rules Iternally

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 7/22/2005 4:39:05 PM

I dont believe you cant say that native root, we follow Ras TafarI and he was a devote Christian. I believe we are a elevation in Christianity because the Revelation prophecy has been fulfilled with the coronation of Haile Selassie I. And it is past being a movement, to think of it like that could me anyone could strengthen the movement. If you are a devote RasTafarI in everyway it is more than a religon, it is a Culture and a way of life. This is only what I believe im not trying to say your wrong I.

Much love,

Ras ElIjah

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 7/22/2005 4:54:33 PM

for sistah I give I wrong info, should be: sistrenkhamyl on yahoo messenger

how I survive is thru fasting, prayer, and meditation and lisn to lot of Jah words thru Nesta's music.........Bob say, "All I ever had (past tense) was redemption songs"............so Jah give us access to the songs to help us be free.............this was done in seclusion for four years...............at present time, I spirit so strong I seclude iself at work, in traffic, or wherever because spirit is free and not in bondage anymore

for Native Root: I overstand exactly what you are saying

a while back I reason same ting bout religious traditions of man versus true spiritual livity

some people trod thru babylon, they live they follow traditions of man in name of religion, (christianity, judiasm, islam, and others), they die, and never know who they were nor why they were

they colonize peeps by selling them on their different religions as named above which is unnatural

Jah Jah disciples are Jah Jah disciples from creation, not something you a join, or become

Itinue to support and assist the idren in I treacherous trod

blessings to all

RSK

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 32

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I