Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=932&start_row=11

Stuck in Babylon.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 25
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 7/19/2005 1:48:47 PM

Blessed love lords and empresses,

Jah love my bredree, John the Baptist wrote the book of revelation, not Je-sus. I am not really sure why it wasn't added till much later though. It would be an interesting subject to research.

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 7/19/2005 3:53:26 PM

Agree'd I didnt know it took so long either. Odd, but could you get specific passages where the Father says this? I read in Revelations 21:2 it seems to my that God comes down and greats freedom this is how I interpret this. It says he will wipe away our pains. So please give me some passages that conflict with this, I would like to learn of it for further reasonings. Thank you much love brothers & sisters.

Ras ElIjah

Messenger: jahlove_72 Sent: 7/20/2005 2:29:40 AM

Greetings Ras EliJAH

Specific passages? The passages come from the Inner I.

Yshua said: If those who lead you say to you: See, the kingdom is in heaven, then the birds of the heaven will go before you; if they say to you: It is in the sea, then the fish will go before you. But the kingdom is within you, and it is outside of you. When you know yourselves, then you will be known, and you will know that you are the sons of the living Father. But if you do not know yourselves, then you are in poverty, and you are poverty. -Gospel of Thomas, Saying 3

Blessings

Messenger: jahlove_72 Sent: 7/20/2005 2:34:54 AM

Greetings Dreadnut

If Yshua didn't write the book, then why is so much importance placed upon it? Did Yshua have a bible when he was trodding the desert? Or was he guided by the Inner I?

Blessings

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 7/20/2005 2:39:06 AM

WE IN ETHIOPIA HAVE ONE OF THE OLDEST VERSIONS OF THE BIBLE, but however old the version may be, in whatever language it might be written, the Word remains one and the same. It transcends all boundaries of empires and all conceptions of race. It is eternal.

No doubt you all remember reading in the Acts of the Apostles of how Philip baptised the Ethiopian official. He is the first Ethiopian on record to have followed Christ, and from that day onwards the Word of God has continued to grow in the hearts of Ethiopians. And I might say for myself that from early childhood I was taught to appreciate the Bible and my love for it increases with the passage of time. All through my troubles I have found it a cause of infinite comfort.

"Come unto Me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest" who can resist an invitation so full of compassion?

Because of this personal experience in the goodness of the Bible, I was resolved that all my countrymen should also share its great blessing and that by reading the Bible they should find truth for themselves. Therefore, I caused a new translation to be made from our ancient language into the language which the old and the young understood and spoke.

Today man sees all his hopes and aspirations crumbling before him. He is perplexed and knows not whither he is drifting. But he must realise that the Bible is his refuge, and the rallying point for all humanity. In it man will find the solution of his present difficulties and guidance for his future action, and unless he accepts with clear conscience the Bible and its great Message, he cannot hope for salvation. For my part I glory in the Bible.

Glory be to Haile Selassie I the Almighty God

Ras Zion Ises

Messenger: jahlove_72 Sent: 7/20/2005 2:51:25 AM

Greetings Dreadnut

Without using another's words, can you answer my question?

By the way, I read the Bible every day, along with the the other Scriptures that were edited out. I also read Scriptures from other Livities, especially Eastern Traditions. And most of all, I read the Scriptures of my Inner I.

Rastafari should be writing their own gospels, their own scriptures, their own revelations. Living Words.

Blessings

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 7/20/2005 7:26:40 AM

I cannot speak for my fellow Brother Dreadnut but I believe the meaning was in this passage of Haile Selassie I's teaching.

"Today man sees all his hopes and aspirations crumbling before him. He is perplexed and knows not whither he is drifting. But he must realise that the Bible is his refuge, and the rallying point for all humanity. In it man will find the solution of his present difficulties and guidance for his future action, and unless he accepts with clear conscience the Bible and its great Message, he cannot hope for salvation. For my part I glory in the Bible."

You have to let the Bible guide you from the Inside out.

Much Love
Ras ElIjah

Messenger: jahlove_72 Sent: 7/20/2005 10:20:14 AM

Greetings

I look for the living Word behind the dead script Iyah.

Blessings

Messenger: IRIE LION Sent: 7/20/2005 12:41:42 PM

BLESSED MEDITATION,

I OVERSTAND WITH BOTH THE I'S ON THIS ONE. JAHLOVE AND DREADNUT. THE BIBLE IS TO BE READ AND TO BE LIVED. THE BIBLE IS NOT A DEAD SCRIPT HOWEVER. IT LIVES ON WITH US AS A MIRROR, IT REFLECTS OUR TIMES AND OUR TRIALS. REFLECTS WHICH HAVE PAST, WHAT IS, AND WHAT IS TO COME. I ALSO AGREE THAT THE SCRIPTURE IS WITHIN. REMEBER JAH WROTE THE LAW ON EVERYMANS HEART. IN EVERYMAN HOWEVER DEEP IT MAY BE, THAT MAN HAS A CONSCIENCE, NOW TO LISTEN TO THE CONSCIOUSNESS AND LIVE IT WOULD BE LIVING THE LAW THATS WRITTEN WITHIN MAN, THE LAW WRITTEN IN THE HEART. MORE LOVE AND GUIDANCE BE UPON US.

SELASSIE I

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 7/20/2005 3:23:21 PM

"Without using another's words, can you answer my question?"

Blessed love king,

This is not "anothers" words, this is THE WORD OF GOD HAILE I GOD AND KING SELASSIE I THE ANDONI I. I man follow His Majesty word to guide I, He is the God inside of I, so any word that will be of my own, is because I have manifested His Majesty word so that it becomes my own seen. Why can't a person use the bible to see their inner I, as His Majesty has clearly explained.

The scripts are not dead my lord, we make claim to them, they do not make claim to us, only those whose use or abuse will decide the life or death of those scriptures.

Qedamawi I Sellassie I Jah Rastafari God and King

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 25

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I