Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6296&start_row=11

Global Afrikan

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 65
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/25/2015 3:21:59 PM

Rashidi deeeefinately has that as an agenda. Bless up VDR

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 11/25/2015 5:01:13 PM

Yes I, I meant to mention their numbers

I point also, why even mention African may as well just stick with Earthlings!

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 11/25/2015 9:21:39 PM

I’m certainly open to be corrected and humbly accept that I may be wrong, so I ask: What agenda exactly does Rashidi have? If di I check for the entire BODY of work by our elder teacher brothah Rashidi, you'd see that the Afrikan presence in India and Asia is just a small part. The only agenda InI sight is a purely Pan Afrikan one. This would mean that many (if not most) of our Afrikan OUR-storians from Dr. Ben, to John Henrik Clarke, to Drusille Dunjee Houston who wrote “The Wonderful Ethiopians and Ancient Cushite Empires”, to the Kebra Negast, all have….a….”hidden agenda”. These historical (and genetic) facts have been proven by many Afrikan centered scholars.

It is in that spirit that InI share the Afrikan Presence Worldwide. It is not to convert anyone, bash you over the head with it, or sway you in any way. Simply to broaden minds in the spirit of SANKOFA (go back to the SOURCE/PAST and retrieve)

How can you NOT see the KUSHITE roots of India? It is seen in every aspect of their people/civilization! From genetics, to culture, to architecture, to language, to writing systems, and so many more examples, too many to list here.

The major gift of the Naga to India was the writing system: Nagari. Nagari is the name for the Sanskrit script. Over a hundred years ago Sir William Jones, pointed out that the ancient Ethiopic and Sanskrit writing are one and the same. Ethiopia was often mentioned in the Sanskrit writings of the people of India. The world according to the Puranas, ancient historical books, was divided into seven dwipas or divisions. Ethiopia was Cusha-Dwipa which included Arabia, Asia Minor, Syria, Nubia, Armenia, Mesopotamia, and an extended region

William Jones, explained that the Ethiopian origin of Sanskrit was supported by the fact that both writing systems the writing went from left to right and the vowels were annexed to the consonants. Today Eurocentric scholars teach that Indians taught writing to the Ethiopians, yet the name Nagari for Sanskrit betrays the Ethiopia origin of this form of writing. Moreover, it is interesting to note that Sanskrit vowels: a,aa,’,I,u,e,o, virama etc., are in the same order as Geez.

It is interesting that Krishna, who was associated with the Sun, means Black, this is analogous to the meaning of Khons of the Kushites. Homer, described Hercules as follows: “Black he stood as night his bow uncased, his arrow string for flight”. This mention of arrows identifies the Kushites as warriors who used the bow, a common weapon of the Kushites and the Naga.

RAS = Ruler (Ethiopia)
RAJ = Ruler (India)
RA = Ruler (Ancient Egypt)

***** AS A PICTURE IS WORTH A THOUSANDS WORDS *****

INDIAN YAKSHA (DWARF) AND EGYPTIAN BES

CAN YOU IDENTIFY WHO IS INDIAN AND WHO IS ETHIOPIAN/AFRIKAN?

WHICH ONE IS FROM JAMAICA AND WHICH FROM INDIA?

FROM ASIA OR AFRIKA?

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 11/25/2015 10:08:58 PM

Some Indian roots may be from Africa but that 1000s of years ago, elits even said

Ireland was ruled by Black people that traveled from Africa and/or some Black Hebrew people.
There regions in Europe where genetic test revealed a large portion of males there descend from African males
There was plenty of blacks in Spain and Portugal that mixed in the population
Yet no ones claiming them as African

Why cant Indians just be Indians? Are they claiming African for themselves on a whole? A majority? No they are proud of their Indianess!

Africa has nuff glory and history within the continent and among the people within that there is no need to look outside of it, other than INI stolen away from deh

Im sure yu aware of the history of Indians being brought to the Caribbean Islands right? Which would account for Indian "looking" Jamaicans who ARE infacft Indians!

I would never deny that Africans/Black people traveled the world and left populations where they went but those people are they own people now

Again if using a visual comparison of phenotype and similarities in looks say anything then it shows being African is a type of features.

Even HIM majesty stated (so I've read thru translation) his people were of Hamitic AND Semitic stock (Black Hebrews and Red Sabeans)
They Like the Lemba are migrants (back migrants) in Africa, at least partially!
Ethiopia had a lot of trade with Indian, Indaian Ocean slave trade. With trade also brings people moving around breeding back and forth, cultural exchanges. So I would notsay Ethiopiadidnt influence India also wouldnt say Indai had no Influence in Ethiopia culturally or genetically.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/25/2015 10:10:50 PM

InI never deny being the origin. We saying Africa may be the origin of de Indian Dravidian race, but that would be going back into genetics further than the alleged European origins from InI ancestry. So that is not to say they are our people. North Eastern Africans may have a more recent mixture with Asiatic DNA but the origin is Africa. When His Majesty opened up an invitation to return home to the Maafa in the diaspora, and when the OAU had plan to create a U.S.Africa and include the diaspora; they did not include such people de I talk of in terms of Africans. Theres a difference between descended from, and the original. Rashidi often plays off of pictures and phenotype more than dates and actual genetic breakdown. But I know that phenotype is only a minor representation of the DNA code whe passed down through the ancestors. If dem look like I dem must be I mentality doesn't always work genetically

I can overs theres still many a exception to the rule, and obviously Africans in India and Indians whe can trace their ancestry to InI much more recently. But InI must trivialise and generalise for reasoning purposes.

Respect to Rashidi as a elder still.

Large up all *AFRICANS* Globally !

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 11/25/2015 10:27:24 PM

I THINK some sort of inferiority complex makes SOME wanna try claim everything and everyone as African for some kinda of "one upper" on Europeans. I think its a reaction/result of white supremacy and SOME subconsciously still have this negative thing about African history/civilizations outside of the Nile region.

Give Thanks Goddess but INI have hard nuff time with INI unity to try with ones 10,000s year remove from the continent and their known histroy with Africa.

Question Goddess
How do you go about getting them to accept being African and identifying with Africa and the Africa fight, especially with India when black/Afrcan is the lowest low caste???

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 11/26/2015 3:43:16 AM

Give thanks unto di Is for an Irie thought provoking reasoning!

-------------------------------

Question Goddess
How do you go about getting them to accept being African and identifying with Africa and the Africa fight, especially with India when black/Afrcan is the lowest low caste???
The very same question has be asked to Afrikans taken to the west. Who, truth be told, also live in a "caste system". Many remain disconnected ("I ain't no African!"), and want nothing to do with Afrikan identity or liberation.

--------------------------------

Indeed bredren, the very same question could be asked of African descendants right here, right now in the western world! "how do you go about getting them to accept being African and identifying with Africa and the Africa fight"

Is there much difference between the racist system of Euro/ameriKKKan colorism, the Indian color caste system and Apartheid?

Skin color was the factor in the caste system. The meaning of the word "Varna" is not class or status but skin color. "

In the popular Bollywood movies, most of the big stars are very light, almost European looking, while there are no dark Indian movie stars. It is said that they are actively fighting this right now. 

Sound familiar?

How do Kushite Indians relate to the Afrikan experience? (aside from countless of similar cultural traditions)

In brothah Rashidi's words & experience:

"It seemed to us that African unity was in the air. At a major reception in New Delhi the keynote speaker, Union Health Minister Dalit Ezhilmalai, focused on the life of Malcolm X. At a program in Bhubaneswar the moderator, Dr. Radhakant Nayak (who reminded us of John Henrik Clarke) closed the afternoon session with a stirring recital of Claude McKay's glorious poem of resistance "If We Must Die!" In Trivandrum I was presented with three ceremonial ankhs made of coconut shell and adorned with red, black and green beads. At an airport reception in Calcutta we were greeted with shouts of "Free Mumia Abu-Jamal!"

...it was family reunion, a resounding success and the culmination of my early travels to South Asia. I came away from India convinced that African people around the world were on the rise and that there is a revolution going on in the hearts, souls and minds of Black people everywhere."

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 11/26/2015 3:55:34 AM

Pan-Africanism is an ideology and movement that encourages the solidarity of Africans worldwide. It is based on the belief that unity is vital to economic, social, and political progress and aims to "unify and uplift" people of African descent worldwide.

It does not weigh and measure degrees of melanin, hair texture, nor dissect (break apart) percentages of "blackness" (mulatto, quadroon, octoroon, etc). It does not limit Afrikan descendants to geographical bounderies. It does not allow us to be divided (therefore conquered) by cultural, spiritual, socio-economic, or geographical differences.

This, in my observation, is a key factor in dismantling white supremacy.

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 11/26/2015 4:21:28 AM

According to certain scientific observations the WHOLE world IS African descended so where do we draw the line?

Why Indians and not Russians or the Iragis? Is because of the Undians skin tones and some certain facial features?

The black (negroid) presence of the Tigris and Euphrates is well documented so lets include those as Africans also!

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 11/26/2015 4:31:26 AM

Our desire to look behind and beyond the curtain of white supremacy is what the concept of Black Studies was all about. We African people of the world, along with the Chinese, are the only people who might number a billion people on the face of the earth. African people are the most dispersed of all of the world’s people. When you consider the fact that between the Caribbean Islands and the large number of African people in South America, especially Brazil, which has the largest number of African people living outside of Africa, there are at least 200 million African people in the Western hemisphere. When you consider the large number of African people in Asian countries and on the Pacific Islands, there are more than 100 million African people living in the Eastern hemisphere. This does not include the 100 million people living in India, referred to in a recent book as the Black Untouchables.

Our presence and the culture that we have created have influenced the whole world. Because of racism and the colonization of the information about history, we are considered strangers among the world’s people and called many different names in the many places where we live. The name that is applicable to all of us, wherever we live on this earth, is African.

Because we are the most dispersed and diverse people on the face of the earth, our definition of history and Pan Afrikan works must be universal in scope, applicable to people in general, but to African people specifically and first and foremost to deliver Africa to African people.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 65

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I