Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5694&start_row=1

Babylon?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 42
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 5/31/2014 7:20:28 AM

Ones use "Babylon" as a negative or evil description of this world system, I kno d Incients got d term from bible sources. I was reason in wit I self on "Babylon" and it being synonymous with "eVILE, CONfusion". Could dat b jus another way of d system to discredit, deMANize a great Black African civilization being dat it was d first great civilization created by d first world King who was a BLACK AFRICAN? Is dis another trick to destroy the greatness of Blacks of what seem to b d ONLY time of true INITY d world had seen of all people livin and workin together peacefully and under a BLACK AFRICAN KING. Why dis place or word seen as evil to ones seeking INITY, LOVE, PEACE, WORKIN TOGETHER FOR GREAT ACCOMPLISHMENTS, to I dis place should be a model for I&I!!!

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/31/2014 9:01:46 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babylonian_captivity

Nebuchadnezzar is not a man we should be praising. As far as I know he was Persian descent. Even if he was African the system he defended puts him in the same class as Obama Septimius Severus and the early African leaders of the Roman Catholic Church

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 5/31/2014 9:54:46 AM

Iman mean "NIMROD" and d buildng of the tower!

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 5/31/2014 10:09:21 AM

What is Babylon? Distractions and confusions by negative vibrations to take Iya sight and feeling off the Irie sacred divine, holy beauty, strength power glory of JAH JAH

In this world, there is trial and tribulation, but Haille Selassie I gives not as the world gives , JAH Rastafari gives us peace!

What is Zion? Like Africa in the beginning...... A place of spIritual consciousness of the soul, free to love as one, free from distractions and confusions, a livin of Holaness sacred beauty righteous. It's Jabs will being done earth and in the Sons and Daughtas of Jah as it is in Most Highs Heaven

And Israel in exile, were freed by he lords righteousness and their will to live right, and not conform to the evils of Babylon which is worse because its a captivity of the soul and mind also.....but Israel even in Babylon , straightened their way as if they were living in Zion....... I Feel righteousness and holaness is key to repatriation,
Or is repatriation key to righteousness and hands because ifs not right to live in Babylon and there for support its ways.....

Babylon is Burning, in the fire dont try to save it, Jahs taking us higher
The meek shall inherit the earth

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 5/31/2014 10:18:03 AM

I mean like say "all the people were united on one accord with no division, reaching into the heights under one true ruler who was a "mighty hunter" "before The Lord", not meaning he was evil but a great righteous provider in the sight of The Lord. Not in one time since has the world been united living in peace building into the Ights. Who does d evil lie on for the confusion cuz t wasn't the people that chased d confusion?

Messenger: RAS-NATE-1995 Sent: 5/31/2014 10:40:39 AM

"Why did the effort of those who tried to build the Tower of Babel come to nothing? Was it not because they tried to live apart from their Creator, and because, vaunting themselves in their wisdom, they tried to build a tower whose top was to reach unto heaven and thus make a name for themselves? It is Our conviction that all the activities of the children of men which are not guided by the Spirit and counsel of God will bear no lasting fruit, they will not be acceptable in the sight of the Lord and will therefore come tonoughtas the Tower of Babel came tonought."

-H.I.M. Haile Selassie I

Peter Tosh-Mystery Babylon

Babywrong is seperation from Iration and the Irator JAH RasTafarI.

MORE FYAH

Messenger: Sister Sent: 5/31/2014 2:47:46 PM

""What is Babylon? Distractions and confusions by negative vibrations to take Iya sight and feeling off the Irie sacred divine, holy beauty, strength power glory of JAH JAH""

""I Feel righteousness and holaness is key to repatriation,
Or is repatriation key to righteousness and hands because ifs not right to live in Babylon and there for support its ways.....""

Truth JesseP

I think on this also, if not strong and conscious babylon can get under the skin and its tarnish rot the I from inside out and outside in, so purIfy inwardly Itinually. I dont think this means turn from suffering, but leave from babylon even if it is not possible to physically, overstand fully how to live set apart whilst amongst the people, use the tug and tussle of babylon to grow stonger in Ivine livity.

JAH Bless

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 6/1/2014 12:44:16 AM

Haile Selassie I say,

-----------
Leadership does not mean domination. The world is always well supplied with people who wish to rule and dominate others.

Leadership

-----------

Since the world is well supplied with people who wish to rule and dominate others, most if not all powerful nations have these kind of people in charge for at least some of the time. Babylon is one in a long line of nations all over world with rulers that share that same mentality.

Messenger: Ras Raza Sent: 6/1/2014 1:26:41 PM

Misgana I and I great People.

Tafari Makonnen Wolde Mika'el also said:

The true leader is a different sort; he seeks effective activity which has a truly beneficient purpose. He inspires others to follow in his wake, and holding aloft the torch of wisdom, leads the way for society to realize its genuinely great aspirations. The art of leadership is in the ability to make people want to work for you, while they are really under no obligation to do so. Leaders are people, who raise the standards by which they judge themselves and by which they are willing to be judged. The goal chosen, the objective selected, the requirements imposed, are not mainly for their followers alone.

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 6/1/2014 1:50:49 PM

Genesis 11 NEVER speaks of the people being or doin EVIL. Verse 4 where it says "let us make us a name" doesn't necessarily mean pride, in the context of the sentence it seem to I more like creating a "tribal" identity to stay unified. Stayin in context, when The Lord 'came down to see d city' the problem he saw WASNT pride or the TOWER itself or not spreading the earth but that "THE PEOPLE ARE ONE, wit ONE language and can accomplish whateva they set out to do". What's EVIL about that? If The Lord is in heaven what's EVIL with them tryin to reach heaven? NEVER says or implies that they try live apart from god! Never that they try dominate others or they leader try dominate them, this was a collective idea. The ONLY problem is they are united and wanted to remain that way!

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 42

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I