Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5077&start_row=41

Solomon

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 55
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Matthew Sent: 4/5/2013 3:50:04 AM

I have just re read the story of Jacob and his brother. It wasn't until later that Jacob first spoke to God I don't think he knew RasTafarI before this. Which would explain his behavior. Which I agree was wicked. All RasTafarI ways are perfect, If InI follow them then InI to will be perfect also. The wickedness seen by the characters in the bible is due to them living separate to Jah. Haile Selassie I never walks in the ways of men so he cant be compared with men.

Messenger: jehosaphat2011 Sent: 4/5/2013 11:09:52 AM

I have not seen how I disresprect HIM, comparing Ras TafarI's Life & relation with Ledj Iyasu to their predecesors. Please show me where I've gone wrong. If I have disrespected HIM then I have to repent.
From the Bible, what I have seen is this; that the right of the first born is not given to unworthy ones. Examples:
There was Cain & Abel,
there was Haran & Abram,
there was Esau & Jacob,
there was Reuben & Joseph,
there was the elder brothers of David & David himself,
there was the elder brothers of Solomon & Solomon himself.
All I man say is that Jah will choose the one He find worthy, as Ras TafarI Was, regardless of Ledj Iyasu being the elder.
Who Jah bless no man curse.
What I see is the Will of Jah prevailing over the will of man.
I remember in the Old Testament reading the words of Jah by the mouth of His Prophet- " Jacob I loved, Esau I hated."
It seems to I that Jah predestined to appoint Jacob to be the Ancestor of the Messiah, & not Esau.
I do not Judge, I maintain that Jacob was better than Esau, or else why did he give up his birthright?
Genesis25:34
Then Jacob gave Esau bread and pottage of lentiles; and he did eat and drink, and rose up, and went his way : thus Esau despised his birthright.
One Love.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 4/5/2013 9:15:50 PM

Iyasu wasn't older than Selassie I, and he wasn't even the oldest amongst Menelik's male descendants.

And the person who claimed that God hated Esau, was a descendant of Jacob, after many generations, and didn't give any justification about why God would have hated Esau.  So his account may be a little biased.

And don't you find it strange that, as the scriptures show, Righteous Isaac loved Esau more than Jacob, and his deceitful wife loved Jacob more than Esau.  If God was to actually love one son more than the other, why would God love the son more that the deceitful mother loved instead  of the son that Righteous Isaac loved.

I don't know why you don't understand your disrespect towards Selassie I.  You say that if I justify the removal of Iyasu from the throne, and the promotion of Haile Selassie I to the throne; then I should also justify Jacob taking Esau's birthright and blessing.  

Iyasu was dealing with all kinds of wickedness, and was not doing his duty as ruler, and so the elders decided that he must be removed, and they asked Selassie I to be the new ruler.  The justification there is that Iyasu was not doing his job and was behaving wickedly, so it is justified that he would be removed.  And even so, Haile Selassie I didn't seek to remove him, but others made it so, and put Selassie I in the seat because Selassie I is a Righteous Leader, so it is well justified that he would be given the throne.

There is no record of Esau doing any wickedness, that doesn't mean he didn't, he just didn't do anything serious enough to record it  in the bible.  He was almost dying of hunger while trying to provide food for his family (including for Jacob), and instead of providing his brother food as most brother's would, Jacob took advantage and made Esau give him his birthright in exchange for food.  Even many people who are considered wicked in these times wouldn't do that to their own brother.  And  that wasn't even enough to satisfy Jacob's greed, so he pretended to be his brother and tricked his father into giving Esau's blessing to himself.

So by telling I that if I justify what happened with Selassie and Iyasu, that I should also justify what happened with Jacob and Esau.  You are either telling I that Haile Selassie I dealt with wickedness and deceit to get Iyasu's throne, or you are telling I that Jacob's wickedness towards his starving brother and his deceit towards his father were somehow Righteous actions that can be compared to Haile Selassie I Righteous actions.  Where have you seen Haile Selassie I promoting deception or taking advantage of your starving brother as Righteousness.  That is a disrespect to the Righteous , Upfull and Brotherly example that Haile Selassie I set.

I have nothing more to say, if you still can't see your disrespect toward Selassie I when you compared His actions to the deceitful and unbrotherly actions of Jacob, then nothing else I say could make you sight that.  Those with eyes to see will see.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 4/5/2013 9:57:35 PM

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 4/6/2013 3:36:39 PM

Matthew Said:

'I have just re read the story of Jacob and his brother. It wasn't until later that Jacob first spoke to God I don't think he knew RasTafarI before this. Which would explain his behavior. Which I agree was wicked. All RasTafarI ways are perfect, If InI follow them then InI to will be perfect also.'

----------------------------------------------------------------------

In Genesis 25, Rebekah is giving birth to Esau and Jacob. As Esau is being born, Jacob reaches out and grabs Esau's leg and holds on, thus he is called Jacob, "one who pulls the leg".

Throughout the rest of his life Jacob is known for his deception, trickery and lies to gain advantage over his brother and other people as well. I believe the saying is in reference to Jacob and Esau.

IandI called and choosen to be perfect and free liberated out of Babylon systym and see INI true Ivine selves made in the image of Jah Rastafari Haille Selassie Power of Trinity and All That Is
Jacob was called and Choosen by jah and repented and Jacob later became renamed by The Lord Jah given a new name : Isreal(or RasTafari) and was blessed so no matter how far one may be from the The Way them can repent and turn to Jah and be healed and be blessed as Jacob (Yaʿ;akov) (Leg puller) became (Isreal)So a babylonian can become Rastafari and be made into perfection in Jyah)
Never to far away from Jahs reaching hand, never to deep in the pit of sin to saved by Rastafari, Jah will give the rope but Iya gots to climb it.
Bless

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 4/6/2013 4:14:26 PM

No disrespect ark I but I see how Jacob taught up Joseph in the scriptures of truth and seperated him towards Jah, the other brothers probably were not spiritual inclined and Jah spoke to jacob saying Joseph will be born and Jacob did praise Jah for this and its not always because of of righteousness ones enter the gate but also by HIS GRACE

and since the children of one is their own spirit in the children so most his children did wickedness to and threw Joseph their brother in the bit then sold him as a slave to egypt and told their father he was killed and showed , wickedness from their fathers spirits...

But their was goodness in Jacob and Jah focused on this and brought up Joseph in protection from the wolf pack and from Egypt, for no matter how terrible things got with Joseph Jah carried him through and this is how the goodness in people will prevail, nothing can stop it but wickedness will be removed transformed, changed into righteousness and truth and compassion and mercy and honosty loving harmony and all Haille Selassie I quality...

and so the twelve tribes of Isreal were born from Jacob and the children of humanity, The faithful, go through this fire of purification

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 4/7/2013 12:07:54 AM

Jessep86. What do yu mean children of humanity were born from Jacob?

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 4/7/2013 1:47:51 AM

The Grace of God is Iritual Guidance.  So if somebody has the Grace of God, then they will Live in Righteousness, because that is the way of the Most High God Jah RasTafarI Haile Selassie I.  It is impossible to have the Grace of God and at the same time sin.

As long as a person  has breath, they have been given another day to turn unto the Most High God.  A person can live in sin almost all their life, and the moment they turn unto God, they will be accepted.  So if Jacob was acceptable to God, then it means that he turned unto Righteousness before his death.

It is a wickedness and disservice to yourself and all you tell, when you try to justify wickedness instead of calling it out and recognizing it for what it is.  Because that teaches people that wickedness is acceptable behaviour, as long as they conjure up a way to justify it on specious grounds. 

I tell everyone that if your brother, sister, mother, father, or anyone that is dying of hunger comes to you for help, feed them and ask nothing in return.  That is Oneness and the way I and I should treat our family.  And if your heart is low enough that you feel you must ask for something, then just ask for them to refund the cost of the food when they get their strength back, don't take advantage of your family.  And if your father wants to give your brother or sister a Blessing, then feel happiness for your brother or sister, not jealousy, Live for God, and you will get every Blessing that is due unto you.  Don't be like Cain.

Again, as I have repeated so many times on this forum:

Selassie I say,

By the word "neutral" We do not, of course, mean that abstention from political activity which has been for so long the hallmark of a Switzerland. We can no more refrain from political activity in the year 1961 than man today can voluntarily refrain from partaking of the radioactive fall-out which will be bestowed upon him should a nuclear holocaust erupt on this globe. Nor does neutrality mean that without taking sides, we content ourselves with urging that the powers most intimately concerned negotiate in good faith to the solution of the issues in dispute between them; we have passed the point where prayerful pleading serves any purpose other than to debase those who thereby abdicate any responsibility or power to influence events.

To be neutral is to be impartial, impartial to judge actions and policies objectively, as we see them either contributing to or detracting from the resolution of the world's problems, the preservation of peace and the improvement of the general level of man's living conditions. Thus, we may find ourselves now opposing, now supporting. now voting with, now voting against, first the East, next the West. It is the worth of the policies themselves, and not their source or sponsor, which determines the position of one who is truly neutral.

This, We maintain, is the essence of non-alignment. Those who would righteously denounce one side on every major problem or issue while reserving nothing but praise for the other cannot claim to be non-aligned, nor can those whose policies are shaped for them elsewhere and who wait patiently to be instructed whether they are to be for or against be called uncommitted.

Belgrade Conference

This Teaching of Haile Selassie I is Iniversal and is a guide unto Righteousness.

It doesn't matter if a person has previously dealt with wickedness, as long as they turned away from evil and unto Righteousness before they lost their breath, they would be acceptable unto God.  And turning unto Righteousness doesn't mean living without sin for a period of time until the next sin.  It is a changing of mind and Irits where somebody has defeated temptation and heeds the Guidance of God.  Haile Selassie I knows the heart and spirit of man, so He will know if a One truly turns unto Righteousness, even if it happens seconds before his or her death.

Here is a Reasoning I have made before

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Nobody is free from sin, but that doesn't mean we can't be.

This statement is just a reflection of reality.  Because if I and I look around us or within ourself, I and I can see that it is true that no one is free from sin.

But this statement shouldn't be seen as a limit.  Because with Jah, every single one of us can be free from sin.  Jah is capable of doing this.  So I and I have to rise I and I mind above "try", and only see "do".  Because "try" still holds doubt.

If our faith is that I and I ways can't be accomplished completely in perfection, then it will never be accomplished.  But if our faith is that it will be accomplished, then this is truth and I and I ways will be perfected by Jah.

And it makes no difference how I and I lived in the past, because Jah forgives all iniquity of those that turn to him.  The requirement of Jah is for I and I to live in his way, today, and in the future. He doesn't require this from the past.  So as long as I and I have breath in our body, I and I is still given the opportunity to turn to Jah, and be One with Jah.

In Ezekiel it says,
---------------------------------------
Ezekiel 18
[14] Now, lo, if he beget a son, that seeth all his father's sins which he hath done, and considereth, and doeth not such like,
[15] That hath not eaten upon the mountains, neither hath lifted up his eyes to the idols of the house of Israel, hath not defiled his neighbour's wife,
[16] Neither hath oppressed any, hath not withholden the pledge, neither hath spoiled by violence, but hath given his bread to the hungry, and hath covered the naked with a garment,
[17] That hath taken off his hand from the poor, that hath not received usury nor increase, hath executed my judgments, hath walked in my statutes; he shall not die for the iniquity of his father, he shall surely live.
[18] As for his father, because he cruelly oppressed, spoiled his brother by violence, and did that which is not good among his people, lo, even he shall die in his iniquity.
[19] Yet say ye, Why? doth not the son bear the iniquity of the father? When the son hath done that which is lawful and right, and hath kept all my statutes, and hath done them, he shall surely live.
[20] The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.
[21] But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die.
[22] All his transgressions that he hath committed, they shall not be mentioned unto him: in his righteousness that he hath done he shall live.
[23] Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? saith the Lord GOD: and not that he should return from his ways, and live?
[24] But when the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and doeth according to all the abominations that the wicked man doeth, shall he live? All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned: in his trespass that he hath trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die.
[25] Yet ye say, The way of the Lord is not equal. Hear now, O house of Israel; Is not my way equal? are not your ways unequal?
---------------------------------------

Jah has no limits.  So I and I have no limits unto righteousness if I and I are with Jah.

Livity
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Messenger: jehosaphat2011 Sent: 4/8/2013 3:15:57 AM

The only question I ask is: if Esau refused to yeild his birthright to Jacob, would his brother let him die of starvation?

I dont think so.

Considering every other action that Jacob ever did, i find no reason to call him wicked.
On the other hand I man find Esau to be a pure wicked man for the folowing reasons:

Esau was a hunter by profession, even Cain was a better man for he was a farmer. (Domination for Esau ment killing wild animals for the material benefit, & I'm glad Jacob finaly dominated over his brother).

Esau consulted with his heart to kill Jacob, he attempted to slay him twice: when Jacob flew to his ancle Laban & after 14 years when he was on his way back home.

Esau married wives who vexed Isaac & Rebecah his parents by their idol worship.

Esau despised his birthright...

Now the children of Esau were more wicked: they prevented the children of Jacob from access do the Promised Land, they usually sided with Israel's enemies & finaly they jubilated the fall of Jerulalem (Psalms 137:7)

I see that Jacob Was a prophet man. He blessed the younger twin son of Joseph with the birthright that was otherwise due to his elder brother Manasseh, & asured Joseph that his younger son Ephraim would excell his elder. Clearly, in the same way he had seen the consequencies of the life he lead against that of his brother Esau.

It was Esau himself who despise his birthright, God hate this.
The love & hate of God is not as the love and hate of man. Jah made it a command for the children of Jacob to love the children of Esau.

Ledj Iyasu was Emperor Menelik's chosen heir, just as Esau was Isaac's.The Will God is not as the will of man nevertheless.

One Love.

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 4/8/2013 6:11:07 PM

jessep86 said:

and so the twelve tribes of Isreal were born from Jacob and the children of humanity, The faithful, go through this fire of purification

---------------------------

Black heart said:

What do yu mean children of humanity were born from Jacob?

------------------------

I mean that Jacob gave birth to the twelves tribes of ireal beacuase all His sons are Jacob's twelve sons were:

Reuben - meaning see a son
Simeon - meaning he that hears
Levi - meaning associated with Him
Judah- meaning praise
Dan - meaning a judge or judgment
Naphtali - meaning that which struggles
Gad - meaning a troop
Asher - meaning happiness
Issachar - meaning there is a reward or man of hire
Zebulun - meaning dwelling
Joseph- meaning fruitful or addition
Benjamin - meaning son of the right hand

The Chldren of Humanity were already spread across the face of the earth at this time...... Abraham is a spiritual father of the faithful, Abraham means Jahs Faithful ONe.

The story says the children of Humanity decended from Noah's sons, Shem ham and Japhet, Hams saying in Africa and black, Japhets moving to cold europe/russia and becomming white and shems going east and become as they appear for the lands humanity lives off of also forms molds them...

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 55

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I