Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5077&start_row=21

Solomon

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 55
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: ishe Sent: 3/27/2013 3:19:44 AM

my apologies, the reasonings is about King Solomon and King Dawid correct? i simply copied what was already said and added "The title of Moa Anbesa Ze' Imneged Yihuda implies that His Majesty is the descendent of the TRUE "biblical" people.emphasis on TRUE and the TRUTH"

without being "WH", you made some comments about King Solomon, and the speech I copied states that ^For my part I glory in the Bible".

H.I.M. was also given the sword of Solomon at His coronation. H.I.M. also had to kill people HIMself, and taking a more fantasical approach H.I.M. orchestrated the divorce of the Empress from Ras Leul. Or what about that H.I.M. stole money from the Ethiopian people? Maybe it's the Most High's plan and TrueMan cannot overstand the Most High's ways, or maybe it's putting the Golden Rule into practice and having Faith? The one that I see more clearly is that H.I.M. an "african" is the descendent of King Solomon who is also "african". So the actions of Solomon and Dawid correlate very closely and accurately to the behaviour of "african" ancestors (pre euro colonization).

what do you think black heart? One Ithiopian Love

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 3/27/2013 3:44:11 AM

Broda Ishe. Solomon n David are not Africans bu are Jews who de bible shows dat dem were cruel. De so called lineage of Selassie I doesn't make dem wrongs to be right. If it is true dat Selassie I comited those tings yu seh he did then he was wrong too. A wrong is a wrong iregadless of who comit dat wrong

Messenger: ishe Sent: 3/27/2013 4:07:48 AM

Abrheam came from Shem who came from Noah who came from Enoch who came from Adam. if all TrueMans come from "africa'/Mother Land^ how are they not "africans"? also they were black so they would still be "african jews" then you use the term jews, which is ok unless you are "the people of the book". also who says what is right and what's wrong? "jugde not..." on that last point and nature as my evidence change always necessitates some kind of "wrong". a lake of water can wipe out all life that was previously in that area and the physical land is destroyed as well, but that lake will also create life and give life, to the phyical land and the other life. H.I.M. fought against Lij Eyasu and later inherited the Throne, and Lij Eyasu is the relative of Empress Menen.

I just want to sound when the I said, that I seh. I also used the word fantastical

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 3/27/2013 3:12:57 PM

Its realy suprising to note dat der'are rasta people who condone n try to defend wrongdoings like yu bro Ishe. What next? Are yu also go tel I dat yu also condone Slavery? One ting de I should know is dat black history is not inline with de bible. Tryin to force black history in de bible is a mistake dat was made by rasta elders ina Jamdung so don't make de same mistakes of thinkin Africans are Jews.

Messenger: NordMan Sent: 3/27/2013 3:46:11 PM

Black Heart.

Is it not so, that if a true leader must take a life he do it for the greater good and not with hidden or personal agenda, then it must be accepted by I and I too.

Who are you to judge HIM?

I and I love His Imperial Majesty and see nothing wrong in His doings.

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 3/27/2013 4:53:51 PM

Nordman. When did I judge HIM?

Messenger: NordMan Sent: 3/27/2013 5:26:39 PM

I read it like this:

ishe said:

H.I.M. also had to kill people HIMself.

I only quote that and not the "fanatical" thing because iman dont think you responded to that. Also that is what ishe said HIM accually had done and your response to that was:

"If it is true dat Selassie I comited those tings yu seh he did then he was wrong too. A wrong is a wrong iregadless of who comit dat wrong"

If you spoke of the "fanatical" thing ok, and I see now you wrote "those" wish indicates you included the "fanatical" part. If so apologies on my part, sincerely.

Still its not a thing for I and I to reason about: HIM stealing and other silly things. What we could reason about is why people say such things? But we have allready. Rastafai is truth and love, of corse HIM is not stealing, HIM is providing. Allways and in every case.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 3/28/2013 12:12:19 AM

Don't spread the devil's rumours about Haile Selassie I . 

----------------
Woizero Menen probably met Dejazmach Tafari Makonnen (later Emperor Haile Selassie) at the home of her uncle, Lij Iyasu. The rapport between the two may have inspired Lij Iyasu to attempt to bind Dejazmach Tafari to him more firmly through marriage ties. He therefore arranged the separation of Woizero Menen from Ras Leul Seged, and sent her to Harar to marry Dejazmatch Tafari Makonnen. They were married in early August of 1911. Ras Leul Seged apparently did not hold a grudge against Dejazmatch Tafari for this circumstance, blaming it entirely on Lij Iyasu who had ordered it. He was among the leaders who fought on the side of Dejazmach Tafari Makonnen in the Battle of Segale, and died in that battle.
----------------

Chapter 5 - Our life at Bath and the chapel we set up at the Fairfield residence

Many people used to visit Us at Our home called Fairfield. The house had many rooms and was chilly. The view through its front windows always reminded Us of the hills of Harer. We never went to the theater or any other place of entertainment. Our only recreation was the time We spent chatting with Our children. We stayed awake late in the night reading books and writing the history of Our life. The books We read mostly included diplomatic histories and the biographies of patriotic leaders such as Napoleon, Abraham Lincoln, and . . . [works] about the Christian Church.

Our life in Bath was very hard. We had financial problems. The media had reported that We had taken enough money when We left Our country, but it was completely untrue. The fact that We were in serious financial trouble in those days was an obvious fact. Hoping that We would soon return to Our country with the help of the League of Nations, We took an amount We thought was sufficient for a certain period of time, and even that was soon finished as We used it to help the exiles.

When We first arrived in England, a British film company had invited Us to take part in a film called "Flight by Night," but We refused. The Texas Centennial Exhibition offered 100,000 dollars if We were prepared to appear in their show for two weeks and an additional 50,000 dollars if the show was extended to a month. Although We were aware that this would have helped Us with the problems We were facing then, We did not accept the proposal.

A private association headed by an Englishman called Sir Norman Angell was organized to help the Ethiopian exiles and had assisted Us greatly by forming a fund raising committee. Even though the aid was insufficient to aid Our devastated country, it did help Our exiled people. In particular we remember the 100,000 dollar donation of the British Red Cross Association to Our refugees.

The money We invested in the British Cable and Wireless Company, hoping to use it when the need arose, and all the money We should have received from different sources, was blocked. We asked the Cable and Wireless Company mentioned above for the money We had deposited while We were in Our country, but the company refused to pay Us back on the pretext that Ethiopia was under Italy's control and the situation remained uncertain. We consequently hired a lawyer and sued the company. The [courts] made Us wait for many months to hear the decision, only to tell Us that the money would be given neither to Us nor the company, but instead would remain in the hands of the British government until the case between Us and Italy was settled. Since We were the ones who sued, We were made to pay all the court fees. We appealed, but the matter remained uncertain. Nevertheless, many right-minded Englishmen made contributions to Us and Our exiles so that We could persevere. In particular the organization established under the name "Abyssinia Society" worked hard at [fund-raising]. This organization prepared and sent around a written memorandum to coordinate all those who wanted to help Ethiopia:

---

We call the attention of our readers to the fund appeal for the Emperor of Ethiopia set up some weeks earlier. The Emperor is a true Christian and a great man. His patience and pride during times of trial . . . deserve the honor and appreciation of all people. The Emperor is the personification of a heavily oppressed people who trusted the League of Nations and the British government in particular.

The emperor's people were exterminated by the Italians, and his country was occupied. Currently, while the Emperor is exhausting HIMself opposing the occupation, the British government is prepared to renounce the international status of his country because of its interests in Europe.

The Emperor's money and income have been plundered by the Italians . . . [and] his money in Europe has been exhausted in [pursuing] a lawsuit. If Italy's claims are recognized, the money will be transferred to the Italian government. The Emperor has a number of former officials who have placed their trust in HIM. In addition, he has his family with HIM. In the midst of all these troubles he faces financial problems. Therefore, in order to keep alive the political interests of his country and to cope with the heavy responsibility of supporting his staff and dependents, he hereby requests his friends in this country to extend their help and encouragement.

The Abyssinia Society, by permission of the Emperor, has opened the 'Ethiopian Emperor's Fund', and those who want to express their sympathy [and] support [by making] a contribution, can send it to this . . . fund. All gifts should be sent to the Abyssinia Society office and cheques made payable to the Ethiopian Emperor's Appeal Fund.

---

We used the money obtained in this way for Our own support and for those of the exiles in London, Jerusalem, and Egypt. We thus, more or less, maintained a meager existence.

When We were in Addis Abeba, We had the practice of rising early in the morning at 5:00 A.M. to go to church for prayer. Since there was no Orthodox Church or chapel at Fairfield, where We could go and pray to God, the practice was discontinued, although in a time of stress, We should have strengthened Our habit of prayer. After suffering a great deal from not having a Chapel, We sent [on Jan. 20, 1937] the following letter to Etchege Gebre Giorgis in Jerusalem.

---

To His Holiness Etchege Gebre Giorgis.

How are you? Thanks be to God We are well. So far We have been thinking of you. We, on our side, have the intention to attend the assembly [of the League] in person if they permit Us, but if they do not, We will send Our delegation since this is vital to Our objective. Finding it necessary to follow the matter from here, We have decided to stay. . . in England, and wait for the judgement of Our Creator to resolve Ethiopia's crisis.

Until the grace of God permits and bids Us farewell to come to Jerusalem, so that We may overcome the problems of worship that We have encountered, and so that Our growing children do not go astray from the foundation of Our religion, I have sent Abba Hanna to you so that he may return with one tabot, five monks, the things necessary for the worship services and a Bible. Discuss the matter with Aleka Gerima and have the things sent to Us before the beginning of Lent. There might be a need to send priests to those exiled in foreign lands. While awaiting further instructions from Us, select monks who are willing to minister to the exiles.

---

Accordingly, the monks sent to Us from Jerusalem, Abba Gebre Iyesus, Abba Gebre Mariam, Abba Haile Bruke and Abba Marcos [Agazh yellew], arrived in Bath on Miazia 21 [April 28], with the Tabot of the Savior of the World. The tabot was taken to the prepared gallery on Sunday, Miazia 24 [May 1], and it was consecrated on Easter day according to Our country's customs. From that time on, We practiced Our church's rituals. . . in accordance with Our Tradition.

Haile Selassie I knew that in such serious times, the Irits need to be High to combat babylon.

Messenger: Matthew Sent: 3/28/2013 12:39:17 PM

Many ones claim Solomon was a Black African. But when I read the Kebra Nagast it seems clear he was a Israeli jew as BlackHeart states.

Bro BlackHeart when the Ark of the covenant was carried to Ithiopia, Ithiopia and Ithiopians became Jahs chosen. It was the son of Solomon and the Ethiopian Queen Makeda that was chosen to carry it away. Thats the Bloodline Selassie I and all his Spiritual sons and daughters descend from, deny this and you deny RasTafarI.

Blessed Love

Messenger: jehosaphat2011 Sent: 3/28/2013 3:34:25 PM

Jah al1 a Xtian, only Jah alone, Jah alone a Christian...

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 55

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I