Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4590&start_row=1

Blessed houses of RasTafarI

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 22
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Matthew Sent: 2/24/2012 9:53:08 AM

Greetings
I can site I getting blazed for posting this but RasTafarI is based on truth and honesty so I'm going to be open with I thoughts ............

I was recently reasoning on the many mansions and houses of RasTafarI. I was asked which house I can relate to most, and the truth is I relate to all in various but different ways. To I my trod is based on I Majesty teachings and I livity based on I inner feelings, to decipher the voice and conscious of RasTafarI with in I self.

I have nuff love and Raspect for I ancients and elders but I have come to real eyes that RasTafarI to I is about following I Majestys teachings for I self and not so much about following the teachings, traditions and customs passed on through another mans morals principles and overstandings.

To I man is fallible, I Majesty is not. when I look to Nyabinghi order, 12 tribes,or Bobo shanti, I see I Majesty teachings but I also see some teachings in all mansions that I don't agree with, the things I don't agree with, when I check I Majestys words, HIM never taught such things and some seem to even contradict the things HIM did speak of, same in the bible also,I can site some things that are written that come from man and not from JAH RASTAFARI.

So my question to ones and ones who trod with a particular house is Do the Is agree with all the teachings and traditions upheld and if not do the Is just accept them or do you question them? Can InI still be a member and accepted in a RasTafarI House if InI follow RasTafarI and not the teachings of a Mansion?

Blessed Love

Messenger: jehosaphat2011 Sent: 2/24/2012 2:48:33 PM

Greetings in the Name of the True and Faithful, Word of God, Jah RastafarI.BacktotheBible, the Bible is the True Word of God. By His spirit a collection of His Message to all generations. I guide onto I Destiny. I have faith in I Bible, have faith in no other. To belive in RASTAFARI is to see HIM through all Iternity: to heed His Voice. His MANufestation as Christ at Calvary.Behold in His Glory, The Son of Man in His Kingman: Jah RastafarI.For the testimony of Jesus Christ is the spirit of prophecy. Selah.

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 2/25/2012 3:05:09 PM

Bro Mathew. Maybe d I should state some of de teachings u don't agree with so I n I can reason about dem. As for de ible it needs more questioning for I n I to have more oversting of Jah iration. What's in d bible was writen by man. Which means dere some mistakes.

Messenger: Matthew Sent: 2/25/2012 3:37:51 PM

Yes I Black Heart
well from the 12 tribes we have self proclaimed prophet Gad who seems to have just recycled 2000 years of christinity then passed it of as some new teaching he received divinely through in a dream, ones Saying Christ in his kingly character whatever that means, and teaching ones that RasTafarI said he wasnt god ( which he never did) and them promoting white skinned people taking land from blacks ( how can you repartriate back to somewhere you where never taken from?

From Bobo we have bredren falling back on the scrolls of black supremacy which seems to I as racist propaganda which I Know I majesty doesnt tolerate. Also the inequality between man and wombman in both bobo and binghi isnt a example set by RasTafarI, I majesty and Empress both where coronated at same time thats the example I majesty set.

Nyabinghi is the root. I site Binghi as the essence of Rasta. But then ones come with a document of rules which ones should abide with in order to trod RasTafarI, My problem with this is in I eyes RasTafarI has his own plans for ones and ones trod, so who is the next man to judge ones livity? Also the whole thing with the no mix race relationships Jah knows love has no borders or boundries, I get the reason and respect the teaching but what if a binghi man was meant to love one of a differant race? Can man judge the ways of Jah? And what if it did happen would he no longer be a binghi man becouse of who he loves?

Like I said earlier these are just things Ive noticed in the teachings and I dont sight or promote division amongst RasTafarI People or houses just think its important ones can site the teachings that come from Jah and the ones from man

Blessed Love

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 2/25/2012 7:35:58 PM

Mathew, the I said:

-----------------------
From Bobo we have bredren falling back on the scrolls of black supremacy which seems to I as racist propaganda which I Know I majesty doesnt tolerate.
-----------------------

I don't site Black Supremacy as the Bobo preach as racist.

RasTafarI is a Black Liberation movement. White supremacy has been enforced all over the world for so long and many Africans have been brainwashed into thinking they are inferior.

Black Supremacy as RasTafarI Chant is a movement for Africans to see themselves in a High and Dignified manner.

All races of mankind came from the Black Race. That is how I site Black Supremacy. And I am a White man by the way.

Messenger: Matthew Sent: 2/25/2012 7:42:01 PM

Yes I Idren I love trod and uphold black supremacy Black supremacy is the natural way back to the root, black Jah and King thats RasTafarI

But thats not whats written in the scrolls of black supremacy Idren

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 2/25/2012 8:57:30 PM

I don't completely agree with everything written in the "Black Supremacy Scrolls" either, but consider the historical context that the document was written in.

Back in 1926, the white supremacy system was very well entrenched throughout the world. There were active eugenics movements in Amerika and Europe promoting the sterilization of all non-Aryans. I could see how a document like the "Black Supremacy Scrolls" could come about in reaction to the white racism of the time. Adolf Hitler wrote "Mein Kampf" in 1925-1926.

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 2/25/2012 9:04:35 PM

Here is some info about "The Black Supremacy Scrolls"

------------------------------
This is a text from Jamaica, written during the 1920s by a proto-Rastafarian preacher, Fitz Balintine Pettersburg. The text is primarily of historical significance. Along with The Holy Piby, the Royal Parchment Scroll is today recognized as one of the root documents of Rastafarian thought. It is a rambling, surrealistic stream-of-consciousness polemic against the White colonial power structure, a 'found' palimpsest of Afrocentric thought, brimming with rage and energy.

It is very difficult to obtain copies of this text today. The Royal Parchment Scroll was used in the 1930s as the basis for The Promised Key by Leonard Percival Howell.
------------------------------

The Black Supremacy Scrolls

Here's another Reasoning about this topic : Black Supremacy

Messenger: Matthew Sent: 2/26/2012 3:57:59 AM

Yes Bredren Eleazar
I shouldnt of used the word racist when describing the black supremacy scrolls totally the wrong definition .I overstand the context it was written in and agree at the time it was justified and reactionary. But I stand by the fact that since it was written I majesty showed InI a different way and condemed such things, I site it as bredren looking to traditions and things that stood at a certain period of time and applying them still today Seen?

Give thanks for the links also Idren. I actually started the black supremacy topic back in 2005 was unaware I used this site back then under the name Soul-Jah, I can see I growth in such things .At the time I talked the talk but I livity was weak and I didnt really overstand what I was writing.

Praises to the king RasTafarI for being patient with I and giving I strength to live the life

Jah bless

Blessed love

Messenger: jehosaphat2011 Sent: 2/26/2012 10:52:52 AM

Revelation18:2 And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean bird. Selah. Revelation 18:4. And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues. Selah. REPATRIATION IS A MUST. The Bible is I guide. JAH is the Navigator in I life. I Trust no other.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 22

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I