Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3005&start_row=11

1 Corinthians 11 v 14

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 23
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 8/25/2008 11:04:38 PM

Eboni Yehuda,

Check out I reasoning I made just before yours. I think you were probably in the middle of writing yours when I posted mine.

Ark I

Itinual Praises unto Jah RasTafarI Haile Selassie I Menen I

Messenger: Eboni Yehuda Sent: 8/25/2008 11:18:04 PM

Greetings Ark I blessings to you from Jah and love eternaly

I now see you post. Your reasoning is amazing. I read it twice, and learned something new. I never knew that contention ment that it was just his opinion. I learn something everytime that I come on this site to reason. I have never learned as much on other sites.

Many followers of Christianity see this as gospel, when this is Paul's opinion. I agree with you bredren.

I have a question for you Ras. Do you agree with Paul about his veiws toward the sistren? I mean as far as him telling us to keep silent in the churches?

Jah Bless the I

Messenger: Ras power Sent: 8/25/2008 11:43:10 PM

great reasoning, first of all in this contex i never fully overstand, but could not be a general statement, as the i say we have the law of the nazarite, yet we have evedence of prophets who had locks as samson who the bible say had seven.

we have children making fun of the baldhead prophet, elijah in which a beast killed them. the point is it may not be something they were uesd to.

i always know men should have there heads uncovrerd and women covered in a prayer, and the sort.

the bible did say the god is spiritual, dut did take human form that basic to our faith

haile selassie

thats his temple

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 8/26/2008 12:21:45 AM

1 Corinthians 11
[16] But if any man seem to be contentious, we have no such custom, neither the churches of God.

Contention doesn't mean that it was only his opinion, it means to argue about it. So what he was saying that is if somebody comes to argue about what he said about hair, then he would say that we have no such custom and neither do the churches of God; showing that it is not a rule of the church, but the opinion of himself and some others.

In regards to Paul's views about woman being silent in church, I don't agree with it. The people who should be silent in church are those that are just starting to learn and should humble themself until they rise to a level of more Iverstanding. This applies to both man and woman.

Here is a quote from Paul that many men like to repeat

Ephesians 5

[22] Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.
[23] For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
[24] Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

But they never pay much attention to what is said next.

Ephesians 5
[25] Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
[26] That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
[27] That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
[28] So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.
[29] For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:
[30] For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.
[31] For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.

If the I them look at how Christ loved the church, the I them would see that if man treated a woman the same way as Christ was to the church, then they would trod as One.

Matthew 20
[25] But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Ye know that the princes of the Gentiles exercise dominion over them, and they that are great exercise authority upon them.
[26] But it shall not be so among you: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister;
[27] And whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant:
[28] Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

Even though Christ is the Head of the Church, he trod as a servant. He ministered unto the church and served the church.

If the I them look at Paul's statement again. It should be seen that both man and woman should treat each other the same.

It seems like Paul was didn't want to offend people, so he said things that could be interpreted in a way where the people would not be offended, but if you look closer, the truth that people would not want to hear or accept is hidden in his words. It is the same as when he spoke of faith and works, making it sound like it is faith without works if read piece by piece, but when it is all put together, he shows that faith will bring forth works, and if there is no works, there is no faith.

I wonder if Paul spoke the way he did because his mission was to spread Christ's Word throughout the world, even if people didn't really follow it; so that the Word of Christ would grow and spread and cover the earth and that in the future, those with Iverstanding would have easy access to the Word.

If he pushed the strict Word of Christ, the leaders might have refused Christ Word early on and it might not have spread the way it has.

Ark I

Itinual Praises unto Jah RasTafarI Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Diego B. Sent: 8/26/2008 6:03:48 AM

Brethren,

no one is saying locks are feminine. I have already stated that Paul himself was a Nazarite for some time (Acts 18,18) and his statement must be therefore understood in view of his having being a Nazarite. Feminine is growing long hair for beauty, not under a vow.
Paul was fully jew, and his word was according to Christ and loved by Peter (as Peter says in one of His Letters). Not according to the romans, neighter the greeks.
Short hair, if not under the vow of the Nazarite, are for social and religious purpose also.
I see a foot note in my Bible (alas, printed by catholic press), which says Paul's message is influenced by the commons among the greeks and among the pagan: would you follow this line? I hope not.

The question of Nazareth, does not concern Nazarites at all, i say. Since Nazareth does not imply one coming from it taking the vow of Nazarite. That's another question.

Concerning Paul's view on women, i think this is not the right topic, maybe better open one anew. But let me say that everything Paul states, the same it is written in the Civil Code promulgated by His Majesty Haile Selassie I, in the section concerning Family, as far as i remember.

give thanks

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 8/27/2008 9:03:07 AM

I wonder if it was ever the case that Jesus was born in Nazareth. I wonder if he was Jesus the Nazarite, and through translations of translations, it became Jesus from Nazareth instead, because if somebody is called a Nazarite, it could be interpreted as a person that comes from the city of Nazareth, just as Israelites were of Israel.

And if Jesus actually came from a city called Nazareth, I wonder if Nazareth used to be a city of Nazarites, which changed over the years because other people came to it.

Ark I

Itinual Praises unto Jah RasTafarI Haile Selassie I Menen I

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 8/27/2008 12:06:07 PM

Ark I, I have for a long time assumed Jesus was a Nazarite.

I assumed he had locs also. I don't know when I come to know this.

Something that has puzzled me is what I hear in a video entitled, "Coping With Babylon". They say avoid vegetation from vines, yet Jesus was said to be a wine nibbler having red eyes. Grapes grow in bunches in the shape of a heart and those who drink wine in moderation have few if any heart problems.

I know this stuff has nothing to do with hair but it come to surface after reading reasoning regarding Nazareth, Nazarine, Nazarite.

-RSK

Messenger: Eleazar1234 Sent: 8/27/2008 12:11:46 PM

Iyasus Christ is a Dreadlocked Rastaman
JAH RASTAFARI
Haile Selassie I
King of Kings Lord of Lords
Mighty Redeemer

Messenger: Diego B. Sent: 8/27/2008 1:32:56 PM

Yes He was a Nazarite, as it is written in the Gospel of Mattew.
Infact He had to be called Nazorean as it is written, and indeed He came from a city that resembled the name of those who take the Nazarite vow. It is a similarity.

But the fact that He Who came from Nazareth was a Nazarite, does not means that all those coming from Nazareth were Dreadlocks Nazarites, there is no connection, no reasonable connection.

in any case, it is the very ethiopian Tradition that states He was a Nazarite.

Messenger: Jah Bird Sent: 8/27/2008 2:18:12 PM

what do ones think of this video

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 23

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I