Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2950&start_row=11

Rastafari/yoga connection

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 32
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Baba Eye Sent: 8/6/2008 1:50:42 PM

------------------------------------------------------QUOTE------
"I think I Father would be more pleased with i if i took an hour to go out and do a good deed for someone,instead of taking an hour to do yoga,trying to get closer to HIM when i am already One with HIM,trying to reach HIM when i can just open i mouth and speak to HIM
------------------------------------------------------QUOTE-----

to do good for someone is called Karma Yoga--the yoga of selfless service.

and to do Hatha Yoga for One Self is in fact doing good for the whole ah di world, for to do hatha yoga for One Self creates a living conscious god-being, and thus, one becomes better equipped to go out and do good or whatever we want to call it.

and yes, trying to get closer to "god" is like water trying to get it self wet.

and O what a change in here. year back, people would be trying to set this thread on Fiyah. now eye see ones and ones sayoing "yeah of course ras accept this or that...."

wow.

making progress.

come now my yout'. keep moving. nah stop; yet ever still...

Ba

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 8/6/2008 4:33:19 PM

If there is any change to this forum,it is that it has become only stronger,Rastafari always keep the fire burning.
I do not know what you thought ini would burn here, all i sight is ones speaking on their personal outlook of things
and i do not know what it is that ini "accept this and that", which ini would not have accepted before.
Rastafari will never change
What ini accepted yesterday,is what ini accept today.
The only thing i would burn here is ones saying that Rastafari is stagnant, and i have said what i had to say already

"to do good for someone is called Karma Yoga",,,that might be what some people in Asia call it, i call it to do good, is there any difference? nothing new, right?

Rastafari Teach i Everything

Messenger: Baba Eye Sent: 8/6/2008 9:10:21 PM

LOL. RIGHT. BLESS.

Messenger: liberated_Ras777 Sent: 8/7/2008 9:08:51 AM

Haile Selassie I And Empress Menen I Perfect Love

Lets address the issue at hand. Ras Kebre Ab say he burn the fact I say " Rastafari is stagnant" a statement which is in fact a misinterpretation of an idea i was conveying. lets look at this from a Iritical point of view not one based on fanaticism.. Right now if we look at the state of people who say they trod Rastafari most of them refuse to grow spiritually because they choose to stay stuck in ritual and literalism. I an I true Rastafari is constantly moving iyah no doubt about this I, however there is a set of people who claim to be Rastafari however they:

1. DO NOT READ HIS MAJESTY WORDS AND SE THE MYSTICAL IMPLICATIONS WITHIN

2. CREATE SEPARATIONS BASED ON MAN MADE IDEAS

3. BURN TOOLS THAT WOULD HELP THEM PROGRESS AS A COLLECTIVE

4. ARGUE ABOUT FOOLISHNESS

5. JUDGEMENTAL.....

I could make the list longer however I dont have much time for that. Ras Kebre Ab if the I is progressive then blessed love lets build the house and strenghten it. The ones that I speak of are the ones that will perish based on their own misunderstanding.

I pray that the I see the light behind the reasoning Rastafari is never stagnant, ever moving ever flowing

Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Prince Hotep Sent: 8/7/2008 10:46:21 AM

Peoples mentality is stagnant and moving, everything that is mortal and has the ability to change is either stagnant and moving, ever mean for ever, Ras Tafar I is for ever the same, from begining onto the end of InI times but never the end of JAH Ras Tafar I, when u overs this point that u can grow yourself, the rules don't change...there are two ways still Iyah, way of the dead, the X way and R way.

The Righteous way of His Imperial Majesty Emperor Haile Selassie I JAH Ras Tafar I, the way the Emmanuel the 7th Dada teaches InI to go, and if there is a way, the way is straight, the way is straight but if u move differently it's a personal problem, it's not the way that is everchanging but epopel mentality, the way is still the same, everliving is the most important...it's everliving my lawd.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 8/7/2008 7:19:06 PM

"Rastafari is never stagnant, ever moving ever flowing

Bless and give thanks, i am just wondering about your use of the word "fanaticism" and who it is directed at, but let it pass for now

As for the people you mention in your 5 points, i dont sight any reason to call them by Rastafari.
Those who are Rastafari will always progress and trod higher,those who are not Rastafari,whether they look and talk and eat and drink like Rastafari,will remain still and get stagnant.
But when you say,"ini is stagnant", you are no longer speaking of those who "claim" to be Rastafari, but you are speaking of those who ARE Rastafari
so you sight why burn fyah on that claim

Give thanks for clarifying

Rastafari

Messenger: liberated_Ras777 Sent: 8/8/2008 4:46:55 PM

Loveful Ites

Haile Selassie bless the I. Give thanks for the Immunication beloved. reasoning clears the path for growth.

Rastafari

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 8/10/2008 12:55:58 AM

Ras KebreAB said most of what I was going to say.

One more thing, The things in the original reasoning of this topic that were attributed to Sadhus are the Original height's of RasTafarI. If the reasoning said that these things are similar to this or that thing that the Sadhus do, then I would not have any issue. Sadhus were not the source of those things amongst RasTafarI. Those heights were already there within the RasTafarI and already spoken of in the Bible and already known from since the beginning.

People always try to say that these people do this or that because they learned it from this other people. In some cases that is true, but in other cases it is not. Many things that are similar between different cultures are things that have been passed on from the Original; people carried these things from generation to generation from since the beginning of Creation. As people spread throughout the earth, they continued to pass on the Heights to their future generations.

Ark I

Itinual Praises unto Jah RasTafarI Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 8/10/2008 11:06:00 AM

Yes iyah, that is the problem that i sight in the original post.
Just because ini have some things in common,the Sadhus are being given credit for the tenets of ini trod.
But almost everything that has been mentioned in the article, the herb smoking,the locks,the ritual chanting,the celibacy and seperation from society etc....you can go to Ithiopia today and see all those things.

I also have a problem with ones using this quote from Selassie I
"Were the thoughts of Plato and Socrates, the beliefs of Christianity and Judaism not harmonized with Hindu philosophy; were Yoga and its various stages not exposed to Western thought; had Western religion and philosophy not been exposed to the philosophy and religion of the East through Your Excellency's persistent endeavour, how much the poorer would human thought have been!"

And i problem is this.......but first let i make it clear that i am not speaking of anyone here.....i dont know the i them well enough to speak about them....i am just relaying what isperience has taught i
The problem to i is that most ones who use this quote....they are not really following His Majesty´s Word.

Let i make it clear......"to follow " means this....
Imagine that one never had any knowledge of things such as Yoga and other forms of spirituality...and then one day ,he comes across His Majesty´s word speaking of Yoga and eastern philosophy etc...and the one says...ah..His Majesty said this, so let me check on it
Now that is to really follow the Word.

But in i isperience, most ones who study all these things, its not because His Majesty said so,but because thats what they were into from the beginning.
So then when they read His Majesty´s word on that subject they immediately jump on it because that was what they wanted in the first place

There is no real danger in this except that it has the tendency to make one look at things from a slightly skewed prespective.

This is,i feel, the reason why,many who study these things,usually look at others who are not interested in yoga and things as if they lack something, as if they are closed minded
That is i feel,the reason such statements as "stagnant" and "in a box" are made

I must say,i have the utmost Raspect for ones such as Diego B Berhane Selassie, for such ones Really follow His Majesty´s Word.

And considering the above quote,i love what Berhane Selassie said about it
"His Majesty is not talking about the Holy Bible and Its Nature, but about our philosophical perspective, and thought toward life and Our Fellow from other cultures-"World Citizenship". And of course His Majesty is Pure Orthodoxy"

So,many things have been mentioned,yoga,astrology,vedic sciences etc...if you think that those things will help you rise spritually,then its upto you to do it
But please,stop looking down on those who are not interested in those things.

And when you use a quote from His Majesty,please take everything into account,who He was speaking to,why, in what circumstance etc

If i can say a final word...it would be

As much time and effort as the i them put into studying and researching all these things which His Majesty spoke of in a few quotes, i hope you all put just as much time and effort into studying the faith that His Majesty spoke of and defended all the days of His Presence amongst ini.

It will be sad day for i,if there are more ones who sit and say "AUM", and yet be unable to recite the Lord´s Prayer in Amharic.

Blessed Love to one and All

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 8/10/2008 9:36:46 PM

Yes I,

Selassie I saw the good that can come from people from different nations learning from each other, because all have something to learn and all have something to teach.

Selassie I didn't centralize HIMself with yoga and Hindu philosophy. Selassie I always was and always will be centralized with Christ Jah RasTafarI.

So if One is to trod as RasTafarI, they must also centralize themself with Jah RasTafarI. Learn from others, but don't let your focus and centre change.

Ark I

Itinual Praises unto Jah RasTafarI Haile Selassie I Menen I

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 32

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I