Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=280&start_row=11

Easter, Good Friday, Easter Sunday.

1 - 1011 - 14
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Bobobinghi Jahcub Sent: 5/6/2015 2:11:18 PM

To rise from the dead= to rise above sin,that's how I see it.nobody can die physically and come back to life in the same physical,that's folly and goes against the laws of nature. His Majesty said that we must use and trust our intrinsic nature,many people on planet earth do not deal with and have never heard of a resurrected Christ,but they have other physical and non physical things that shape their perception of a dignified,moral livity. Christ is just a way/person to refocus people towards a righteous livity.HIM said ones must accept the message of the bible in order to have salvation,he never said you must accept Christ,or the bible itself,he wants InI to meditate on the message,so that we can have a purer livity and begin to experience the riches of Zion on Earth.

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 5/6/2015 6:18:51 PM

i guess my spiritual journey is just a little bit complex. like i said before, i'm not about telling people what to believe or not. i grew up surrounded by christians (officially roman-catholic but not really that much connected to this confession). i was always kind of spiritual and had my faith and when i was a youth i read the bible completely and thought and discussed a lot about religion and certain believes over the years.

then, as a young adult, i realized that following any christian confessions wasn't really for me because i couldn't identify with certain interpretations, traditions and views of the different churches completely. i was influenced by rasta since i was around 12 years old so at one point in my life i concluded that rasta livity and the views of some rastas regarding the bible (some are similar to jewish believes) feel really right to me. and when i was a little but younger i tried to stop labeling different directions so i found out that i can even identify with the believes behind the religion called islam. i know that some rastas try to fasten with moslems (maybe also just to have this spiritual experience). so i have my faith and even though it may sound confusing i'm really not that insecure about my faith anymore and i continue to listen to other peoples impressions and try to follow what feels right to me. to me, the bible delivers nothing but a way to decency and sanity. so i just follow my heart and try to do whats right. that's my philosophy. i know that rasta itself is all about african roots and i'd never say that following your heart and history is wrong (or certain believes as long as they are useful and feel right to you) so i'm "open-minded" and even try to show tolerance when it comes to knowledge and interpretations but i think the bible is about a message that is very important because it's just about truth and rights. about sanity, balance and harmony.

i'm not a pacifist, i'm not a hippie, i'm not a hustler rasta but i'm all baout positivy. as long as i improve the way i live my life on the righteous path and reach a higher conciousness without denying what feels true to me...everything is ok to me.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/7/2015 5:12:07 AM

Bobobinghi you a wize Rasta. If all of I brethren and sistren could see it the same way there would be no argument.Respect Kingman. I agree 100 with dat deh perspective

Respect reasoningtime for remaining open minded and humble to different and conflicting schools of thought

RastafarI

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 5/7/2015 8:23:04 AM

yes. i can truely identify with bobobinghis words too. has yeashua or jesus really existed in flesh...that's up to you.

1 - 1011 - 14

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I