Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=280&start_row=1

Easter, Good Friday, Easter Sunday.

1 - 1011 - 14
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: sizzla kalunji Sent: 4/12/2004 12:37:27 PM

Greetings Idrens,
I was reasoning with some Idrens, about whole easter thing.
Shouldn't we be thankful that he was raised from death in oder to bring us eternal life, however many people seem to see easter as just another holiday; going to clubs, etc; and not focusing on the right, that's giving ISES.
GOOD FRIDAY.
What is so good about a man being brutalized, scared,spat upon, jeered, mocked. Most people view good friday as a holiday and not as a HOLY-DAY.
I site that by giving a name (easter)to this period, the whole meaning as changed. It is viewed as a day of from work, school, etc.

So Idrens & sistrens, what should be reflected upon?
The crucifixion?
Death or resurrection?
Love
Sizzla Kalunji.

Messenger: Nefertiti Sent: 4/12/2004 1:41:58 PM

Blessed Love JAH RASTA FAR I

Ras Sizzla, reflect upon INI. When I look into a mirror, I am not looking to see someone else, I am looking at I. And who is reflecting back ? JAH. If the i don;t like what is seen, then come to know INI.

Easter is a PAGAN holiday celebrated during the Jewish Passover.

INI don't site any man dying for our life.....

Yeshua died BECUZ of MAN's wickedness. SO it was no "GOOD" friday. How can a "civilized" society celebrate in the violence of the injustice of a man's death ? The flesh was destroyed, but the spirit lives on. (so funny in these war times, it so hypocritical when man is killing man in the word of GOD.....they don't even know)

The life and death of Yeshua is to show I'dren Jah manifested in MAN. It is a scary thing isn't it? TO be litereally killed in the flesh for living the destiny of the Almighty. TO overcome DEATH to LIVE. THat Rasta is the truth that may be offensive to MAN, but it is TRUE an pure.

The TRUTH about Christ(annointed) is that MAN is able to kill man in flesh, but MAN is not able to kill the spirit of JAH - INI. JAH is the first and last beginning and end. It is a mystic thing that those religious people are mixing up for the masses of people.

INI called to be Christ. ANNOINTED, is what a father gives to his child. Christian means to "be Christlike". Not living a life of unbridled wickedness because "jesus died to SAVE me". Read the words of YESHUA, just the words without all those editoriazing of Paul. BUMBA KLATT. No man can redeem the life of another. THe father, created his children in his image. PERFECTION and free choice abundantly.

The "crucifixtion of Jesus" is a question to ones, who do I serve ? AM I willing to die in flesh to fullfill the precepts of the almighty. DO I fear Man or Jah ?

Everyone wants to go to heaven but no one wants to die. INI live iternally.......

SIte the myth rationaly and metophorically and site the KNOWLEDGE that is organic within, not taught from without.

Guidance
Jah Rasta Far I

Messenger: Bro Jahphet Anbesa I Sent: 4/12/2004 3:23:17 PM

Yes Iyah! Give Thanks for thy words Sista!

First of all, yes all the churchical "holy-days" are original pagan days of worshipping some celtic or whatsever gods.
So I would never celebrate this days of wickedness... first they were used for wicked pagan celebrations and then for wicked church celebrations...

But now let's see "easter", not the day, but the original meaning.
And Sista Nefertiti has it already explained.... I do not believe in this foolish, lazy catholic standard excuse for all wickedness etc: "Jesus have already died for our sins"
(MY OPINION!!)

What His Majesty teachs I n I is, that salvation comes only through righteousness, and so he teach I n I to follow the perfect example that Jah has set for man in Isus Christ! (We all know that Interview)
So I have nothing to do with this "salvation thing" of the church.

When I read Yeshuahs words and Selassieīs words.... yes the whole bible... I would never think about this "salvation theory".... but the church shows it to the world and all believe it.... WHY? Because they are all lazy... they like to hear that they will be saved and do not have anything to do for it..... and now it is clear why the world is turned into chaos by this "christians".... because it is their believe that no wickedness, no evil wrongdoing can stop them from beeing saved..... oh they will be surprised when Judgement come!

But every man on earth has the right to believe whatever he want... like Selassie taught, Religion is the decision of each individual.

So Yeshuah came to Israel similar like the other personalities of the OT, judges, Kings, Prophets.... see the historic biblical Israel and the idea of Yeshuah as the "reedemer of the worldīs sins" gets redicolous! Yeshuah came to Israel to bring it back to Jah and to free it, first mentaly, from the romans. But they didnīt take this last chance, and see what then happened to Israel... ah Judgement!
So Yeshuah is a historic person of the biblical Israel.... but what makes him important NOW? The fact, that Jah became in him human.... so this is the perfect example for man how to live. That is why Selassie showed us again and again the importance of Yeshuah... but Selassie never taught this "catholic standard salvation ideology"! He showed us, that "all man on earth must do the maximum in their hman efforts to approximate as much as they can the perfect example set by Isus Chrsit!" That is exactly what Iman say.... Isus is the perfect example for all man.... that is the salvation.... Revelation say, to be righteous and redeemed you have to wash your clothes in the blood of Isus. YOU HAVE TO WASH IT.... YOU have to do it... the blood is the life of Isus(not his death)and how to wash it shows HIM(in the above quote)..... Yeshuah doesnīt wash it for you!
He gave his blood(his life = perfect example), and in this blood YOU must wash your clothes.... so by following his perfect example you must become righteous! RIGHTEOUSNESS IS SALVATION! Only the Righteous shall stand in this Armageddon! Revelation say nothing about this Paul-teaching or "catholic standard salvation ideology".... no man!

Selassie Itinually!
Bro Gad I

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 4/12/2004 9:11:54 PM

Greetings,

Nothing has changed. Just as in times before, the people trod far away from Jah. Christ came to blaze Fire on their wickedness and hypocrisy in such time, especially the wickedness of the leaders of such time.

And RasTafarI come in this time to do the same. Because the leaders turned away from the words of Christ so soon after they received them, and they teach the same wickedness to others. They went back into the same hypocrisy as in times before.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 4/2/2010 10:27:49 AM

Melkam Siklet

-------------------------
When He sacrificed himself at Golgotha for the atonement of our sin, He prayed with His last breath for the forgiveness of those who had tortured Him saying, 'Father, forgive them for they know not what they do'. Shame on those of us who are Christians and do not follow the way of the Savior of the World, whose life was filled with kindness, humility, and martyrdom! If we lived by the laws he gave us and were worthy of being called Christian, peace would have reigned on this earth.
-------------------------

Messenger: black imanuel dawta Sent: 4/6/2010 9:29:03 AM

blessed heart of love to all the ites!

as a bobo dawta InI learnt that Dada Imanuel was crucified actually on a tuesday and NOT friday-raising-on-monday ting.
InI learnt that the black christ was crucified on tues and rose up on friday in time for the sabath as HE is the Lord of the sabbath. thats why the queen hung black man on tuesday.
other bobo sons and dawtas are free to correct I where Im wrong or mistaken.
as for the other ites...I don't know what this time means for the I.

Emperor Imanuel I liveth and ruleth in all flesh
Holy Marcus Imanuel Selassie InI JAH RASTAFARI
BLACK GOD OF ZION
selah!

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 4/6/2010 9:05:29 PM

Give Thanks for the Mighty Life Giver, King Emmanuel 7th AdonI God JAH RasTafarI . I think the message of Eashua Christ as recorded in the Gospels is more important than the exact historical details of His Life.

Emmanuel I, Marcus I, Selassie I, and Eashua of Old tell I and I to be One with the Most High God JAH RasTafarI.

Down at the Throne where my Savior Lives,
Down where for cleansing from sin I cried
There to my Heart was the blood applied
Glory to His name.

Glory to His name, ... Glory to His name

I am so wonderously saved from sin,
Negus so sweetly abides within,
There at the throne He took me in,
Glory to His name.

Oh, precious fountain that saves from sin,
I am so glad I have entered in;
There Negus saves me and keep me clean,
Glory to His name.

Come to this fountain so rich and sweet;
Cast thy poor soul at the Saviour's feet;
Plunge in today, and be made complete;
Glory to His name.

Messenger: Adrazionchild Sent: 4/9/2010 1:18:59 AM

In morning wen we wake up we should know his love is there for us, at de breaking of each new day we should know his love is renew to us. Givings thanks and praise unto JAH now and always. Right from the top unto the very last drop.

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 5/5/2015 4:54:12 AM

some say that the one they call jesus died for our wickedness while some people will tell you that he has died because of a new bond between god's divine presence and us in death. in my view, he died once to free mankind from wickedness AND for the reason that we won't be alone when we have to pass but there is no reason to pick up the pagan things and celebrate the beginning of spring as "new life" that has come to earth.

i would rather celebrate coronation day in november than this babylonian holiday.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/5/2015 7:39:20 AM

If he 'died' to free mankind from wickedness then why has so much wickedness taken place the past 2000 years? Does somebody need to die again for the wickedness of late? If he died and came back to life in the physical as the story goes, as well as Lazarus; where are they now?

Were these stories meant to be taken on face value as a literal thing?

Give thankhs

1 - 1011 - 14

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I