Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2456&start_row=81

WARNING TO MR. ARK I

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 103
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Negus Amlak Sent: 12/16/2007 3:35:30 PM

Ises,
Bro Dominiq
No disrespect seen? Ises.
Ask Bongo Rock and Baby-I who built the fire alter in Shashamane in 1992 when the first tabernacle was built before the centanary committee started to raise funds for the building of the permenant tabernacle, and who was there when Mama and Papa Baugh gave the land for the permenant tabernacle. the work to over see the work went to Bongo. Also The I can ask the same Imples about the block-making machine at the EWF HQ, Ask Bro Moody and Ras Soloman Wolfe, Priest Paul ask Ras Tagassa.
No disraspect love one, I am sure since the I is in link with shashs these questions can be answered in its fulleness to the I.
Blessed
Rastafari

Messenger: Eleazar1234 Sent: 12/16/2007 7:07:03 PM

SATAN AND HIS DEVIL DICIPLES LAUGH WHEN THE RASTAMAN FIGHTS AMONG THEMSELVES. LET US JOIN TOGETHER IN THANKS AND PRAISE TO THE ALMIGHTY, KING SELASSIE I.

JAH RASTAFARI LORD OF LORDS AND SAVIOR

SELAM

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 12/16/2007 11:33:19 PM

I must say that black and white, as forms of speech, and as a means of judging mankind, should be eliminated from human society. Human beings are precisely the same whatever colour, race, creed or national origin they may be.

We have seen again during our visit that God has not been partial in His divine creation. The difference of colour is a notion which has no significance and the futility of asserting a difference has now become obvious.

But let us take pride in the fact that as free men we attack and abhor racial discrimination on principle, where-ever it is found and in whatever guise. We can, in addition to the economic pressures of which we dispose, bring our moral weight to bear and rally world opinion to our cause by revealing the brutality, the inhumanity, the inherent viciousness and evil represented by this policy.

Above all, Ethiopia is dedicated to the principle of the equality of all men, irrespective of differences of race, colour or creed.

As we do not practice or permit discrimination within our nation, so we oppose it wherever it is found.

As we guarantee to each the right to worship as he chooses, so we denounce the policy which sets man against man on issues of religion.

As we extend the hand of universal brotherhood to all, without regard to race or colour, so we condemn any social or political order which distinguishes among God's children on this most specious of grounds.

Specious basically means something which sounds good and possible to the listener and can be imagined to be real, but is actually false.

We here are all dedicated to the betterment of the conditions of man's life; we all know the sorrows and misery of those who do not live but merely exist, the lot of men whose living conditions are sub-standard. But when We speak of the betterment of man's life, We mean not merely the economic improvement of living standards; We refer, in addition, to the spiritual conditions in which man lives, for just as a man without means to feed his hunger and to clothe his nakedness can take no pride in his existence as a human being, so, also is one who is reviled and discriminated against because of his race or religion, robbed of his self-respect and human dignity.

Racial Discrimination

The spectre of racial discrimination which has for so long cast its dark and evil shadow over much of this globe is slowly disappearing. Men are coming increasingly to be judged by their talents and abilities rather than by the less meaningful and far more superficial standards of race and religion. But there yet remain those who, in their bigotry and ignorance, resist this flooding tide, and it is against these that our efforts must be directed. The struggle to win for our brothers in South Africa that status as free men, free to stand, heads high, among free men as equals, which so many millions of Africans and Asians have attained but yesterday, goes on. Our duty is not discharged, our course is not run, our victory not won so long as apartheid, the legitimized policy of the Government of the Union of South Africa, prevails in any area of the world.

It is upon this knowledge and understanding that we have sought to build the international unity of the spirit which today constitutes the most important force for good in the search for a lasting world peace and a decent way of life for humanity.
With the raising of all men to their rightful dignity and honour as individuals, they will be able to regard their fellows, of whatever nation, of whatever race, of whatever religious, linguistic or historical tradition, as equals, without jealousy, without fear, without undue pride.

Mankind, be it in past, present of future, has always been judged not by color, or creed, but by the wealth of its knowledge.

We reaffirm today, in the name of principle and right, our opposition to prejudice, wherever and in whatever form it may be found, and particularly do we rededicate ourselves to the eradication of racial discrimination from this continent. We can never rest content with our achievements so long as men, in any part of Africa, assert on racial grounds their superiority over the least of our brothers. Racial discrimination constitutes a negation of the spiritual and psychological equality which we have fought to achieve and a denial of the personality and dignity which we have struggled to establish for ourselves as Africans. Our political and economic liberty will be devoid of meaning for so long as the degrading spectacle of South Africa's apartheid continues to haunt our waking hours and to trouble our sleep. We must redouble our efforts to banish this evil from our land. If we persevere, discrimination will one day vanish from the earth. If we use the means available to us, South Africa's apartheid, just as colonialism, will shortly remain only as a memory. If we pool our resources and use them well, this specter will be banished forever.

And in an effort to carry out this teaching to pursue truth - to promote those bonds common to the human race - Your Excellency has dedicated your whole life. To free the human race from superstition and fear that originate from ignorance; to enable him to transcend the apparent obstacles of race and religion; and to help him recognize the blood-ties of the whole human race, Your Excellency has laboured.

In the history of the human race, those periods which later appeared as great have been the periods when the men and the women belonging to them had transcended the differences that divided them and had recognized in their membership in the human race a common bond. Your Excellency's constant endeavour to challenge this generation to transcend its differences. to recognize its common bond and to work towards a common goal has doubtless made this age pregnant with greatness.

Last May, in Addis Ababa, I convened a meeting of Heads of African States and Governments. In three days, the thirty-two nations represented at that Conference demonstrated to the world that when the will and the determination exist, nations and peoples of diverse backgrounds can and will work together. in unity, to the achievement of common goals and the assurance of that equality and brotherhood which we desire.

On the question of racial discrimination, the Addis Ababa Conference taught, to those who will learn, this further lesson:

that until the philosophy which holds one race superior and another inferior is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned;

that until there are no longer first class and second class citizens of any nation;

that until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance than the color of his eyes;

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 12/16/2007 11:37:05 PM

So sayeth the ETHIOPIAN

Messenger: ROOK FARI SELAH Sent: 12/17/2007 2:26:53 AM

MY LAWD!!!!

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 12/17/2007 10:24:03 AM

Ises

My Lord, and since that time the I is a permanent resident in Melkauda? I would love to hear more about Shashe since that, from the time of Bongo Watu's visit and some more insight, as I only know Shashe today and wonder about certain things how they could happen.

Selah

Messenger: Negus Amlak Sent: 12/17/2007 11:05:05 AM

Ises king,
In 1992 when the Icents came to Ethiopia, it was a different government, the dirgue was just comming out and a new regime was coming into place. So I&I the Rastafari were not allowed into Africa Hall because I&I carried the banner of the Green, gold and red with the lion of judah, people in Ethiopia them time deh were fraid to fly the imperial banner for threat of retribution by goverment and spies. After burning out the officials that tried to stop I&I, HIM cramp dem, and I&I went inside as honored guest.
Shashamane (Malcoda) only had a few remaining Inples holding the fort, Mama & Papa Baugh, Noel Dyer,Bro Vin,Sis Wollete,Bro Moody,Bro Rodney, Dawit, Jahbo and several others from EWF pioneer settlers corp, some 12 and no Bobo there at that time.
The land behind the highway authority did have many ones living there yet, the land is on both side of the Kings Highway and Shashamane proper is actually the township up the road.
During that time Bro. Rodney (Burning spear brother)offered I a piece of land on what used to be the old airport in Shasha, the intention way to re-establish the airport there.
I started a house project near, Bro Cory and Sister Tabeel. There were problems with the local Ormia Kebelle because many of the houses were going against the civil engineering plans of the Kebbele and the farmers association.(Priest Paul-(Bobo) was the intermidiary that help ones and ones settle-in.) These issuses are being resolved.
I have not the status as a permenent resident(foreigner), because you do not have the same rights and privelges of a National or citizen. When I forward again this year it is I Intention to deal with the citizen issue at the embassy in Addis.
If I the I need information on how to forward any aid and assistance to Elders on the Land I will post the info. Also Bongo Watu arrived in ET in 1996. Soon as I figue out how to do it I can post some pictures of some of the this I&I have reasoned.
Blessed Ites,
Rastafari

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 12/17/2007 11:31:42 AM

Blessed Love

This is very interesting to learn about!
When the I speak about the visit to Africa Hall the I speak about the Centenary Year of the Creator Trod, right? So you was with the Centenary Committee when you came first to ETH? So you lived in England before?
And in 1996 was the first (and only?) trod of Bongo Watu to Eth?
The I is not living on the land now?

Ises High
Selah

Messenger: Negus Amlak Sent: 12/17/2007 12:39:18 PM

Ises
Bro Anbessa,
Blessed, 1992 was the first trod true. One of the Video footage that was made later in to a video that the I named. Most of the footage was from Ras Moya. The Centenary committee england base was because that the Imples in England travelled more regular to Ethiopia and not only that the majority of the centenary committee were composed of mostly members from EWF locals that were either functioning are that had closed down. Sister Benji was intl. rep and treasury. Eventhough majority was based in england, this was and international co-ordination, to raise fund via building contribution certificates and donation etc.
As a place to reside in shasha yes its there for I. I was unable to return for the millenium, in process of selling my house here among other things. No I have not lived in England, I have been there many times,(Kennington Oval London SE), West London, Birmingham, Leeds and the house in fairfield Bath when I majesty spent nearly 3 and a half years in this house, Ill show some picture of various rastafari meetings, nyabinghis and also I was there in Enland when Bongo was there as well. He came from Jamaica, overlay in england before going ET. As far as I know Bongo Watu only visit ET in 96. In shash Bongo declared his mission was bigger than Ethiopia when the big reasoning went up asking Bongo to remain in Ethiopia.
If I may bredin,
I dont usually make it a practice to inquire of Ones and ones, blessed, I was just wondering have the I been on the land? an do you live in Ethiopia, not that you have to answer anything, I was just wondering, perhaps I&I have met at one time or another.
One Heart
Rastafari

Messenger: ras ravin-i Sent: 12/17/2007 6:06:16 PM

To address the I’s question Ras Amlak.

Let us first deal with GOD and what it is and what it isn’t. We should be aware that the word “GOD” is an acronym.
Does “GOD” have a name? If so, what is it?

Many people within Rasta equate H.I.M Haile Selassie 1st is the name of “God”

Now I am not going to argue whether or not I believe this or not, I am looking at it from the perspective of reasoning and how and why Rastas would say so. This is just a reasoning, not to be viewed as truth or lie, but purely for the sake of reasonment.

Usually we reason that Bible say so, and it is the word of “God”
Like any of the other colonized countries, we were taught that bible IS the word of “God and that we should follow it literally. We were also taught that salvation and morality will not be found outside of Bible.

Now I know that when we reason about these things, it rubs some people the wrong way and challenges their perception of the Bible and “God”

History has taught us that when we encountered the Europeans, they came with the bible in one hand and a gun in the other. The purpose of the bible was to bring “salvation” to the African savages and the gun was to enforce that “salvation”
This is the history that we have and we can say it is a fact, yes?

African people after 500 years of enslavement justified the enslavement as “an act of god” through the bible. In the 30’s when Rastafari appeared on the scene in Jamaica, the Bible was the only book that was available as a “scriptural text” so everything that was reasoned was done according to the bible. Seen? All things that were understood were being interpreted through the bible. Observe that many Rasta word sounds like “Jah” and “Zion” could be found in the bible. African spiritual philosophies like Shango and Voodoo and other darker peoples spiritual practices became “Pagan” and were outlawed, the bible spoke negatively about Egypt and the empires that existed in Africa long before Christianity and the bible appeared. Seen? And this ideology and indoctrination translated into dislike for African ancient livity, even within the Rastafari one can find this type of resentment for Khemetic spirituality, even though Khemet is a child of Ethiopia.

Historical and archeological data has surfaced to support and substantiate the claim that African history pre-dates the bible, and African civilizations go back much further than the 6,000 years that the bible claims as the beginning of the world.

Now we have been told of the Ethiopian story of Solomon and Sheba, this is recorded as part of Ethiopian history, yes? This story is used to justify Ethiopian existence in history. I have not seen much history about Makeda, Queen of Sheba save that she ruled over the Cushite Empire from Axum and she worshipped the sun and had a child by Solomon. Perhaps there is more. This story is used by the Ethiopian Orthodox Church to validate Ethiopia’s connection to bible and the concept of Jesus.

However, in the first book of the bible Genesis it reads:
Genesis 2-13
“And the name of the second river was gi’hon; the same is it that COMPASSETH the WHOLE land of Ethiopia”

this shows that Ethiopia existed at the beginning, and for the most part, the word ETHIOPIA wouldn’t have even been in existence as yet…according to the bible, the fact is if the bible existed before, it would not have given the name "ETHIOPIA", so it may be safe to say that the bible only appeared after the greeks described the dark people they saw in Africa as "ETHIOPIANS" true, yes?

much of the bible teachings have placed the woman in a position outside the “ Godhead” the opposite of African spiritual teachings. So instead of saying “mother-father and child” =family, we now say “father- son and holy ghost”

Given the Christian background of Black people in the west it would be easy to see how Rastafari would equate Haile Selassie with the coming of Christ.

As Rasta we have to stop from demonizing African spiritual concepts such as Shango and Voodom, Haile Selassie declares, "We must not confuse Spirituality with Religion." Rastafari cannot be bound by religious perceptions; this will result in the some of these never ending “debates” that bear no fruit and infiltrators dressed up to look like Rasta….

We must return to the source of our existence and I doubt very much that there is any European who can validate the spiritual concepts of Rastafari through their religiosity or even teach the concept in its fullness to anyone, let alone teach a black person, without first having a clear conscience, rid of pre-meditated notions of enlightenment and mastery of i n i culture.

Rastafari is re-claiming an African identity and Haile Selassie is part of that identity, he represents African royalty and African sovereignty, so I think for many Rastas, whether or not they believe he is god or not, will still represent the African royal fullness and Kingciples of African sovereignty. So it stands to reason, that even if we did not have the bible and Christianity, we would still have Haile Selassie and we would still be Rastafari. Because his lineage is older than the bible and is descended through an ivine right of kings, his lineage is the only ordained royalty on this earth. And this makes H.I.M the earth’s rightful ruler.

as i said before this is just a reasoning and not ment to deter anyone from their religion and beliefs....

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 103

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I