Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2210&start_row=11

WHY DO THESE SO CALL ARTIST LIE TO THE YUTES

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 44
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: prophecy Sent: 9/17/2007 3:48:00 PM

"Anyway back to the issue ok so rappers like Akon, Nelly, Fiddy disrespect women, but Rook Fari Selah if you're going to paste their lyrics all over are you not indirectly participating in this denigration of women? And what about all the things that happen in Rastafari too to women to deny them of expression of their sexuality or their individuality? I'm not the shifting subject but showing how women are oppressed in very different worlds but similar ways."

Blessed Love empress, I am not one to add fire to the fire, but I feel that Rook is not "indirectly particpating...". He is simply providing I n I with lyrical quotes to prove his point. What does the I mean by Rastafari women being denied expression of sexuality? Is the I saying that I n I are being denied the right to be gay? Maybe I read it wrong, but to I, that is wat ur statement is saying? Please clarify.

Messenger: Ten Sent: 9/17/2007 4:12:08 PM

Give thanks for the explaination Empress, I overs what the King was saying now - much love my brethren, Jah Bless, I overs. No no Sister I wasn't speaking of being gay at all. No! I was just talking about things like what a woman wears and how she must not adorn herself with earrings and how being on a monthly is looked at as unclean yet that's a part of the process of childbirth and the gift of the womb. So I was bringning that in from that angle to say a woman in Babylon so to speak might be denigrated because she's shown as a half naked lap dancer but in other cultures where her body is not on show she is denied full expression of her body too. I am by no means saying they are the same but all I'm saying is there are points of connection from a perspective of what is freedom. I'm treading on sensitive ground here but I hope I've made it clearer, and I know heavy fire will come my way and although nervous I'm ready to recieve.

Messenger: ROOK FARI SELAH Sent: 9/17/2007 4:33:53 PM

JUST SO U KNOW EMPRESS
IN OUR FAITH A WOMANS MONTHLY, ALTHOUGH SEPERATES HER SHE STILL MUST FEEL LIKE A QUEEN ASK EVERY WOMAN SHE NEEDS A BREAK ANY WAY
IF IT WAS UP TO WOMAN
ON HER OWN WITH OUT KNOWIN TRUTH
SHE WOULD STILL PERFER NOT TO BE MESSED WITH ON HER MONTHLY
I NI COOK FOOD
BRING WATER SHES BASICALLY BEIN PAMPERED SO TO SPEAK HER DUTIES TOO HER MAN OR KING
ARE ON BREAK
WHAT A JOY LOL
AND WHEN I WAS AY TABERNACLE ALL THE WOMAN LOOKED OVER ZEALOSLY HAPPY
TO BE OF AN ANGELIC ORDER SUCH AS BOBO SHANTI
A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE MIS OVER STANDING THE PRINCIPAL OF A WOMAN S ROLE IN THE EABIC
SHE IS TREATED VERY VERY ROYALLY EVEN IN THE DAYS OF SEPERATION
ALSO ITS IS A BLESSING WHEN SHE COMES FWRD WHEN SHES FREE
U MIS HER U KNOW

LOVE LOVE

Messenger: prophecy Sent: 9/17/2007 5:09:29 PM

Well, empress I say it over and over again how I only know very few ras where i came from. Well, years ago, I one fren told I how his wife sleeps in a separate bed during her cycle. I once thought that it was downpressive, until he showed it in the bible. It was then that I felt because of conditioning I failed to see that. So, it was natural and easy to accept, because it is written. Many will say that man wrote the bible and so forth, but as it is in the beginning so shall it be in the end. I n I wombmen are the blessed ones to give birth to a generation. But, I n I also have wastes from the body in result of menstruation, so I n I should just go through the process of voiding all waste from I n I body.
Many do not like the bobo order because of the 21 day principle, well in babylon u can go to service after 14th day. But, I don't think its downpressive unless u are with a downpressor. Of course its natural to have a hard time adjusting to it, cause when I n I are conditioned for so long to think polution is ok, it will make the adjustment difficult. This is wats called I n I journey for 7 days I n I rest on the 8th I n I can pick up the bible. But, I n I will be separated. In babylon I n I can go to service after 14 days and be round men. I n I will be separated by men. This doesn't mean the man will run to the next empress, but he will finish tasks and praise jah and so forth. Because this trodding is to seek salvation and the father is a jealous God(commandments). So, this will give I n I time to get closer to Jah and to grow within I n I selves in result.
When I was on bobo hill I reasoned with a priest about pollution and he reviewed the body waste which is toxic.

I rambled a little but hope the i got i point...

Messenger: Ten Sent: 9/17/2007 6:38:16 PM

Ises
Being told not attend Binghi or being told you are not to cook because there is a biological process you are going through is difficult for I overs as being on a break. Yes I know some brethren are really good their sisters and they overs its a balance between the two as man and womban. But I won't be told there's something wrong with me, yet JAH gave me this natural process, this process that was there before the Word of the Bible, this process that created those lineages and Words of the Bible. No for I being a woman in her natural element is what I seek from within. I seek Jah first before I go by interpretations of what Jah meant in this book and that. The menstruation cycle is the shedding of the uterus lining and its said to be a clean up of sperm-born pathogens, but no one really knows why it happens. I see it as a blessing from Jah and that's the time to be closest to Him because its a heavy emotional and physical time. There are all these internal processes going on and for I that's the time to commune with Him. I overs its seperation, but at the same time I can't be blind to the realities.

When things happen because you are female, you have a monthly, a brother won't speak to you and you are forbidden to interact with others, for I that hurts and I can't accept. Even Ites that are my brothers, I love them like my blood brothers used to say womban nah come a temple, I still raspect that its their temple in their home so their rules. But they know how I feel about it. I'm sorry I know other Rases say its the order, but some things in an order aren't always easy to accept. If its defiance of Jah then Jah gon' burn I, but so far I meditation has guided so I believe its irie with Jah.
Blessed Love

Messenger: I Youth Sent: 9/18/2007 11:30:56 AM

Greetimgs Bredren and Sistrens,

Monoey Money Money dat all dme care about but the Iteous must itinue to trod on and leave the badmind behind. we must jack up the youth dem by they shoelace and collar and beat dem wit the truth and if dey not listen then we must move on and build wit own youth. InI know it is hard thing to swallow when the youth go wrong but the Ible say tach the youth the way dem should go and when dem old dey shall not flee from it. we all spend a time in our lives when we dont live Iteous but if we kno the truth den we shall return to it and it shall return to us. but we must trod tirelessly toward Zion lift up the youths as we go and dropping dead weight along the way. take the rapper and dancehall thing out of your mind and trod. our example shall be light to those who will follow. Babylon system is burning down and the truth shall be free. those who did not see before shall see in the end but we must trod on. so dont worry be happy.

Bless Up
RastafarI

Messenger: prophecy Sent: 9/19/2007 8:52:52 AM

Blessed Love Empress, yes empress I hear the I roarring, go head roar on..:) Empress I I-spect wat the i is saying, even I once looked at purification differently, but I don't see it the same. I figured the I would have a hard time with this. When I bredren showed I in the Ible bout purification it seemed natural after that. Then when I came to this order and heard bout purification then I thought 21 day on the camp was long, but adjusted to it. Just because ones separate themselves during the cycle, doesn't mean something is wrong wtih I n I. I think the I is twisting it, unless thats how some make the I feel. Yes Jah gave I n I this process, but he also put it down in law that In I must be cleansed, the I should thanx Eve for that..lol..Empress wat does the I mean before the bible? The bible is still written tho, I n I cannot do like chrisitians and just follow the new testament even they they read the old. As it is in the beginning so shall it be in the end, so I n I have to follow it all. I n I not impartial, so how can I n I follow one part and not the whole? It is written. In the bobo order, the men serve the wombmen. The wombmen are on the frontline as the men are, but I n I have I n I different roles just like King Alpha and Queen Omega. This isn't no fight for wombmen's right cause I n I nah deal with babylonians. Yes some rastas feel that wombmen are beneath them, but I n I are following after King Alpha and Queen Omega a royal balance.
Empress in babylon it is not always easy to not talk to the bredrens during I n I cycle, but on the camp yes. To I, this just makes u more obedient to Jah. Sometimes In I get caught up in the flesh and forget Jah works. Remember Jah is a jealous god, so I n I must serve him first, not I n I king. I don't know if binghi follow the same principles as bobo, but for a bobo the man tends to the yute, the man brings food. The empress is not shunned, downpresssed, i-sidered dirty, etc the empress is glorified.

Well, maybe in time the I will grow to see different, but yes I understand how the I feel it is difficult. It is good that the I also express ur feelings as well, I did that with certain principles. N e wayz, give thanx for the reasonment and I look forward to ur I-sponse. I am not arguing with the I, just having a natural reasonment(debate), so give thanx. look forward to the I I-sponse.

Messenger: Ten Sent: 9/19/2007 9:17:22 AM

Blessed Love Sister
Its good that the the I has a a good testimony and you have been honoured as a womban - bearer of life and Mother Earth. Bless for that. Its not all brothers I've had negative vibes from as I said, but this thing of looking down upon womban is something I've experienced and Ites don't see anything wrong with it but feel as man they are King and is writ in the Bible womban is unclean and is seen as such. Because of that I have a heightened sensitivity to things and its going to take me a while to overs these laws of abstainence. 'Womban thou shalt not' is not something I'm going to accept unless re-worded and re-configured in the mind of the speaker so it is practiced in love. I'm not BoboShanti so the same practices of being treated as royal aren't the same in the Binghi houses of CapeTown and Zim. Here in the UK my life is such that I trod with a few beloved ones and meet with brethren and sistren as and when I can, apart from my close circle of brothers and sisters so I can only speak of I personal encounters on the subject. When I said womban before the Bible I meant it in the sense that the Bible was written as record after these things had happened, even if it was in the times it is still in the past tense. So womban's cycle precedes that holy narration. When Jah told Eve she will have labour pains etc we could begin to talk of a womban's cycle then and even this is before the lineages of the Israelites. I hope that clarifies I position. But give thanks for your reasoning sister, I'm glad the in the Bobo Houe the order upholds the Alpha and Omega balance of inity, love and Jah above all else.
Rastafari

Messenger: ROOK FARI SELAH Sent: 9/19/2007 10:03:01 AM

GUIDANCE .
MISS TEN , I WAS JUST THINKIN FROM A EARLIER POST,,,
WHEN THE I SAID U DONT AGREE WITH NOT ATTENDING BINGHI ON YOUR MONTHLY CYCLE ...AND BEIN CALLED DIRTY OR U KNOW????
MY QUESTION IS
DO U STILL ATTEND BINGHI ON YOUR CYCLE DUE TO YOUR PERSONAL; OPINION OF THE MATTER OR DO U RESPECT THEM AND THEIR RULES
AND STAY HOME????
ALSO TEN IN A MUCH EARLIER POST U SAID IT WAS NATURAUL FOR MEN TO HAVE SEX WITH MEN
"AND SEX HAS MANY PURPOSES NOT JUST PROCREATION" DO U THINK GAYS SHOULD BE ALOWED TO ATTEND ????
IM JUST CURIOUS ON YOUR THOUGHTS
IM NOT GOING TO SET U UP FOR A FURNACE LOL
I JUST WANT TO KNOW YOUR HONEST OPINION

Messenger: Ten Sent: 9/19/2007 10:39:16 AM

Praises
If it were up to me I would choose to go to Binghi cos I think I should celebrate that time through chanting praises to the Father and Binghi has that deep spiritual vibe. But out of respect I don't go. And also knowing that the feeling from Binghi House is not to come, why would I? In my own home I still pray, read the scriptures and give ises with those around I at the time. As for gays well they're not allowed at Binghi either and I don't think they will in my lifetime. If it were up to me, one's sexuality has nothing to do with worship. Its not a condition that hinders you from praising your God its simply a sexual orientation just like heterosexuality, but that's my own opinion. I'm not inciting anyone into RASponding, I'm only answering your questions Aya, and that's as far as it goes coz more fire will rise up between brothers and sisters.
Give Thanks

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 44

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I