Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2210&start_row=31

WHY DO THESE SO CALL ARTIST LIE TO THE YUTES

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 44
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ten Sent: 9/20/2007 2:11:41 PM

Bless
Aya, you do recall I did say its like they've got split personalities right? I'm saying its very hard to dismiss the value of Through The Wire or Hard Knock Life because of something like GoldDigger or Big Pimping. I'm at odds, I appreciate the positive in them but at the same time can't and won't ignore the other bad stuff they say.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 9/20/2007 2:27:47 PM

Like i said in the other post Hip Hop is dead, and babylon killed it not the youths, so i cant even argue in defense of it.

but to those of us who remember how it used to be,
when we had songs of love, songs of celebration,
songs of history, songs of uprising, a time when
every line in a verse was a jewel,
the intelligence of the babe and suckling,
stories told with wit and style,
to ini who remember hip hop will live forever

Messenger: Ten Sent: 9/20/2007 2:45:06 PM

Bless Aya
That's so fire and so true!!! But we still can't forget artists like Lupe Fiasco, Dead Prez, Talib Kweli, The Roots, Common, Mos Def and the many many underground rappers breathing their rhymes into the lungs of hip hop to keep it alive.
I Used To Love Her - Common.
One Love

Messenger: ROOK FARI SELAH Sent: 9/20/2007 2:49:49 PM

YES I DAWTA
IM GLAD U REMINDED ME
WE NEED DEM U KNOW
WEH DEM DEH ?
ALL DEM DEH DID DEH ?

Messenger: EMPRESSCRYSTAL Sent: 9/20/2007 3:16:43 PM

BLESS UP SISTREN TEN I HAVE MANY VIDEOS I BEEN WATCH LIKE ONE KANYE SAYS IM NO KKK BUT I GOT MY HOOD ON AND THEN U SEE JAYZ WEARING THE SKULL RING THEN YOU SEE HIM N KANYE SHAKN HANDS THE WAY THE MASONS DO N NOW MY QUESTION IS WHAT SHOULD CHILDREN LOOK UP TO JAY Z FOR ? WHEN CLEARLY THEY THEM SELVES SAY THAT THE ILLUMINATI GOT THEM THE DEVIL TOOK OVER THIER SOUL? NOW MY QUESTION IS LOOK UP WHAT? I DONT WANT NON MY CHILDREN LOOKN UP TO NO DEVIL WORSHIPER. BLESS

ONE LOVE LOOKING FORWARD TO YOUR OPINIONS ...

Messenger: ROOK FARI SELAH Sent: 9/20/2007 3:22:21 PM

EMPRESS WATS THE NAME OF THAT VIDEO ITS DRIVIN ME MAD

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 9/21/2007 9:43:18 AM

I'm cool with Talib Kweli, Common, Mos Def (love him) and that trend (I'm not a hip hop fraternity expert) but the reason I will give these Idren time is because I hear some form of INTERPRETATION in their wordsound. Without interpretations hip-hop is no use to the youths.

What I mean is that... the above artists will use the riddim cathartically to just vent what is on their mind about the street, their lives and those around them, the shituation... etc... but unlike Jigga or whoever the big timers are, they will interpret the scene... give an overstanding of WHAT is happening and WHY it is happening.

Just to tell a tale of something that happened is not enough, the way I see it. That's actually why I really quite like Nas. He speaks of things that the youths can relate to, then he will break it down with an interpretation. Even if I don't agree directly with the interpretation, that he delivers an alternative way of analysing the environment is what I think is essential to widen the youths eyes. Then ones and ones can analyse for themselves and see for themselves. That's an "ights".

I don't see black + rich = good role model. Not at all. Majority of the rich black men in public arena are AWFUL role models. Puff Daddy for example. Horrendous.

I'm gonna try and think of a good role model. Oh! I think Damian Marley is a good role model. If I think of more, I'll say.

Who would the I them call a good role model?

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 9/21/2007 10:00:29 AM

Sis Ten, give thanks for mentioning all those artists, yes i, shouldnt be forgotten, but i opinion is not changed Hip Hop is dead, all we who loved it can do is keep the memories of it alive for future generations, and if Jah wills it, it might be reborn one day.
How can you compete when for every one Talib Kweli, babylon will put ten Dope Boyz in front of you, on your tv and radio all day
Nah those vampires done already sink them teeth into it

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 9/21/2007 10:05:06 AM

Hip Hop is dead. Long live hip hop

how it is

Messenger: EMPRESSCRYSTAL Sent: 9/21/2007 10:15:46 AM

greetings all look atthis video

tell me what you think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iX-xVN0xERk

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 44

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I