Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1565&start_row=21

What happened to one love?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 57
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Dread Lion Sent: 8/1/2006 11:09:59 AM

Greetings Natty Kongo,

Pure Truth my brother. The I's wisemind is like a cool breeze on a hot day, a blessing for InI.

As Iman say, I have reasoned pon these issues hundreds of times (including several times on this forum)and seldom have I found such firm overstanding expressed with such clarity. Give thanks.

My e-mail address is rassteven@starband.net, please drop I a note if u r open to reasoning less publically, Iman would apprecilove that.

ONE BLESSED LOVE IN InI OWN IVINE MAJESTIES KING ALPHA QUEEN OMEGA

one point:

the I said--
**all ah free to beat dem drum n play dem guitars witout seekin permission from anybody** and **so ones ah free to hold wateva gatherings dem waan have n call it wateva dem waan call it. Rastafari no get police force n law courts to come check on anybody**

The tone of these statements seems dismissive of the those non-Afrikan Rastas who know that guitar has no place at Binghi, that there are established guidelines from InI Incient Elders which seperate "wateva gatherings dem waan have" from Nyahbinghi and who know that calling Babylon to check InI is abomination. Iman think that the I can see that Iman am refering to serious Rasses, Ones who cannot be anything but Rasta, and not talking about hippie or new age dabblers.

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 8/1/2006 11:40:39 AM

Bredren, you are missing the point.
Nyahbinghi is an Afrikan sacred tradition and ceremony. How can a non-Afrikan hold such an event outside of Afrikans? Just because Idren are Rastafari does not superceede the need for Afrikans to congregate in our traditional sacred ceremonies. Every indigeous tribe and culture has a most sacred, and therefore secret, ceremony that is the life blood of their civilization. If what you seek is to be respected as a true Rasta then you have to respect an Afrikan's right to privacy and need for homogenious congregation. If this exclusion is in some way offensive to you, then you need to check your self.

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 8/1/2006 12:02:04 PM

Empress Z,

The I is right. The west coast is lacking a black presence at these events, and by far.

I hear some of these bredren talking about having a "binghi circle." Since when was binghi in a circle? I don't even go to binghi unless I know that I am going to be in an Black African presence. White people doing Black things is dangerous. Thats why if these west coast hippies really wanted Iyahcracy, then we would spend no money on that stupid NW reggae fest, and instead set up accounts for the Elders to come out and have it Official.

"Just because Idren are Rastafari does not superceede the need for Afrikans to congregate in our traditional sacred ceremonies."

For real sis. Anyone who is truly Rastafari would want that Black African presence their to begin with.

Haile Selassie First Foundation

Messenger: zionI Sent: 8/1/2006 2:12:59 PM

Cannot seperate Ras Tafari from Africa and African redemption.

HIM manifested in Kingly form in AFRICA for a reason.

The redemption of the black race is redemption for all mankind.

AFRICA is the earthly Zion. The black race must be recognized as the original from whence all others have come...the race of all InI ancestors (no matter which part of this planet Jah has borne InI in this current manifestation.) All nations, races and colours must realize that their MOTHER is AFRICA and their Father JAH RAS TAFARI, and show the Raspect and Love due to such a position.

InI must look to Africa for that is where the Prince of Peace Trod. Like the flower turns ot the sun, so must InI turn to Addis Ababa and become the New Flower.

JAH RASTAFARI, the Kink of all Kings, the Lord of all Lords, Conquering Lion, Elect of JAH, WITHOUT APOLOGY.

Messenger: Dread Lion Sent: 8/1/2006 3:05:21 PM

LOVE

some quick responses:

**How can a non-Afrikan hold such an event outside of Afrikans?**
Iman have never attended Nyahbinghi where there were not Rasses of Afrikan descent, and I think never without Rasses from the Carribean.

**Nyahbinghi is an Afrikan sacred tradition and ceremony.**
**Every indigeous tribe and culture has a most sacred, and therefore secret, ceremony that is the life blood of their civilization.**
First, Iman do not accept that all cultures have "secret" ceremonies. Also, outside of the West, I sight that cultural traditions are not closed to foreign truth seekers. When the Dalai Llama comes to the West to show the light of his tradition, he does not claim that it is only for the displaced Asians in the West, he knows that Truth is Truth.

**If what you seek is to be respected as a true Rasta...**
NO, Iman AM A TRU RASTA, respect will be shown by the respectful and that is their business, at the end of the day I Livity is between the Almighty and Iself. What I seek here is wisemind and overstanding, not respect.

**you have to respect an Afrikan's right to privacy and need for homogenious congregation.**
All Rastas must respect all people's right to privacy and right to congregate with whosoever they choose ...did the I think Iman was unclear on this?

** you need to check your self**
Checking Iself is what I do sistren, and I give thanks for the I's assistance.

I have been asked if Rastafari does not embrace a philosophy which holds one race superior and another inferior then how could there be any importance at all given to the race of this Rastaman or that. It is hard to put into words the answer to this question, Natty Kongo's reasoning has been very helpful in this regard. Empress, I do not think I am missing the point, but I give thanks for the guidance.

ONE LOVE

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Dreadnut,

The I seh **White people doing Black things is dangerous.**
What about brown people doing yellow things or red people doing albino things? Blue people doing orange things?

There is very little, or no, ethnic purity left in the human race. So there is no way to decide who gets sent back to Afrika, who back to Asia, Europe, Antartica, America etc. in the great global repatriation and cultural segregation scheme often mentioned whereby each would retire to his own vine and fig tree. And even if one were to process all humans and assign them a place to go "back" to, the very desire to do this proves that human nature has not changed very much and this "order" will decay into a "chaos" just like the one we have now.
I believe that the injustices suffered by Afrika and Afrikans must be repaired and their dignity restored, not to re-establish ethnic purity, but in order to finally establish true human equality, One Love.

Messenger: Dread Lion Sent: 8/1/2006 3:20:41 PM

Also,
**The west coast is lacking a black presence at these events, and by far.** and **I don't even go to binghi unless I know that I am going to be in an Black African presence**
How can the I complain about a need for more of a Black presence at events that the I refuses to bring a Black presence to? (and as I already said, there have always been Black Rasses invloved with Rasta works here; I bredren whom Iman love and raspect)

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 8/1/2006 4:45:34 PM

uh huhm thats good for you

Messenger: Osiris Sent: 8/1/2006 5:02:20 PM

"How can the I complain about a need for more of a Black presence at events that the I refuses to bring a Black presence to?"

Dread Lion has a point there Deadnut.
Cool down brother. I would like to hear the I's answer to this question because it perplexes I as well.

Messenger: Dread Lion Sent: 8/1/2006 5:02:34 PM

Messenger: prophecy Sent: 8/1/2006 6:50:11 PM

I started this reasonment with intentions that were not clearly expressed. Im not even gonna comment the way I want, cause it gonna cause more reasonment.
Can't the moderator erase this reasonment that I started? I see no one i-sponding to I post about reaching out to rasta idrens in prison. Can ones and ones please I-spond to that? Well, one idren did, give thanx.

I made a mistake in starting this reasonment, but I was coming to I idrens to vent what I see and question what I heard. I never been to a nyabhinghi and plan to one day. Even if ones and ones feel its "dangerous." How can I n I follow selassie and not him words. Did he not say that until the day that the color of a mans skin is no more significant then the color of his eyes there will be war? Like I said I do not have a rasta community to vent to, so I came to reason bout things i did see or hear. I feel as Rastafari children, I n I should be able to come and reason, but I real eyes that that is not always the case, esp. through internet. It can be more difficult to express ones self through the internet. So, I didn't express I-self properly which caused judgement. That is ok, I learned from it and moved on. But, now I see the same reasonment. I can I-spect ones and ones wanting the nyabhingi tradition to be afrikan, I will respect ones gathering. But, now the reasonment is going beyond. Why is it dangerous? Why is it that cause i follow a black christ that im trying to be black? So does that mean when a blonde hair blue eye jesus hangs on "non-white ppl." homes that they trying to be white? NO they just NOT living in R ight. That is like saying I hate someone cause they mexican or that mexican hating I cause I white. But, I n I ancestors could be related therefore, when I n I truly trace I n I roots, and I n I hate each other then I n I hate I n Iselves. Just like the kkk who hate jews, blacks, but it makes no sense cause them ancestors could be jewish or black. I represent a dawta from the mother of creation who is in Afrika. I represent Queen Omega's dawta. I am not trying be anything, I am that I am. N e wayz, I won't even go on, but to I, rastafari is One Perfect Heart of Love! All nations praising Jah Rastafari, if ones and ones have a problem with that, then thats something between Jah and ones and ones. But, I n I do not I-trol who Jah chose as his children. I n I do not I-trol who Jah uses as messengjahs, prophets, prophetesses, so on. So, If I n I deny ones and ones then be ready for judgement. What should be the reasonment from here on is how can I n I come together and fight those who fight I n I and who are destroying the mother of creation- AFRIKA and the whole of earth.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 57

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I