Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1565&start_row=41

What happened to one love?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 57
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: zionI Sent: 8/6/2006 5:53:19 PM

Ark I,

Rastaful.

Messenger: Dread Lion Sent: 8/8/2006 12:50:33 PM

LOVE AND RASPECT

Dreadnut,

Iman don't know if the I hasn't noticed this question yet or if the I has no answer:

The I seh:
**The west coast is lacking a black presence at these events, and by far.**
and
**I don't even go to binghi unless I know that I am going to be in an Black African presence**

How can the I complain about a need for more of a Black presence at events that the I refuses to bring a Black presence to?

Messenger: Dread Lion Sent: 8/8/2006 1:11:30 PM

Empress Nzingha,

Iman have always valued the I's wisemind, please know that this is LOVE and not strife, but Iman would really like the I's answer to this question which Iman sight as important:

I believe it was the I who first posted this: **Until white people stop identifying an Afikan's need for homogenious congregation as racism, hatred or evil; there wil be no unity.**

Can the I show I where this is happening? I personally do not see anyone anywhere making that identification. Where does this statement come from? "Racism, hatred and evil"? ...come on, where r u getting this stuff?

If this is really happening the I can show it, if it is an assumption on ur part then it is a prejudicial statement about what "white people" do, (and it seems to be implying that to u "white people" are all alike).

Sistren, please recognize that Iman only want to clear this up and I do not mean to be provocative or argumentative, just reasoning.

ONE BLESSED LOVE

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 8/8/2006 1:37:25 PM

The fact that you have to ask that question proves that you are not Black, and do not understand the Black experience.

Ask any Black American how legal it is for Blacks to congregate in the US.

The simple idea that Black folks have a gathering that is closed to other races is always met with oposition from white men. It's common knowledge amoungst Black people. Mixed gatherings are fine, racially exclusive meetings are not easily arranged. In fact more often than not, Black people are called racist for attempting to hold any such gathering. Be it 4 Black men on a street corner or 1 million black men at the National Mall. We are always as a people concidered to be "up to something" if we gather in groups.

Know your history, here in America it used to be illegal for Afrikans to gather in groups without the presence of a white person. Just as it was illegal to teach an Afrikan to read.

Messenger: Dread Lion Sent: 8/8/2006 2:34:22 PM

Messenger: Dread Lion Sent: 8/8/2006 2:34:24 PM

Greetings,

Many facts prove that I am not Black, because I'm not! I know that I do not overstand the Black experience, or the Chinese experience, or the Latino experience, etc., that is why InI seek overstanding thru reasoning.

I take the I's point, even tho it IS completely legal to assemble freely in America regardless of race, there is a shameful history of the kind of white opposition (fear really) to exclusively black gatherings that the I refers to and Iman recognize the remnants of that history still reside in the hearts of some ignorant white people.

Some whites ( I assume) are opposed to all-black institutions because they fear the possibility of suffering revenge or retribution from those whom they have victimized in the past. Other white people are not opposed to such gatherings, but wish not to be excluded because they want to help, they are pained by the ugly injustices suffered by black people in the West and want to be part of the solution.

Also, this is 2006, not 1906, and the so-called "Million Man March" was not Selma, let InI recognize the slow but steady progress that history shows, while never forgeting to honor the courageous ones who suffered and sacrificed so much to bring us to where we are today and who inspire us to finish the work and establish true human equality and justice for all peoples.

I am truly sorry for, even sickened by, the racist history of this country and the treatment that black people have recieved here at the hands of white people. But, I am in no way personally responsible for these atrocities and cannot accept the blame for them. Iman must think in terms of the future and take responsibility for creating a future where what a person looks like has no more significance than their blood type.

Iman see that to reach that place a healing must take place within the black community, a healing which white people, regardless of their honest desire to help, cannot be a part of. Iman also feel that the black community's recognition of non-black people who stand in solidarity with their cause would be helpful toward realizing the goal of true equality and upliftment of all peoples. Maybe the time for that recognition has not yet come, I don't know.

Blessed Love, Empress, and thank you for being you, Iman apprecilove the I's reasoning every time.

PEACE

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 8/8/2006 5:47:58 PM

If you are not responsible then why do you feel the need to defend yourself.
Why can't a Black person make a refrence to white people without somebody inserting an imaginary all in front. Or for that matter without some sympathetic white person taking it as a personal assult on "their kind". All is a word that should not be assumed.
I have not compared anything to slavery, didn't even mention the word.
You being sickened by slavery does me no good.
You being sorry for racism does me no good.
You not being a racist does more good for you than me.
I'm not going to absolve you of an atrocity I am not searching for blame for.
Black people don't want sympathy, we want redemption.
While many non-Black Rastas are searching for world peace Black Rastas are searching for balance to be restored, peace will follow.
Peace is a by product of the Rastafari mission, not the goal. Its goal is freedom, one love means equality, not assimilation.
The Black human plight is one of reconciliation. The resolution to the middle passage. You cannot balance a kidnapping by raising the child as your own, you have to return the abducted to their home. We are a displaced people, we have not asked to be removed from our homes. We have simply be unable to return because squaters have claimed it for their own. Have stripped it almost bare and polluted what remains. But by some strange turn of events, the kidnappers want to resolve their crime by adopting Mama Afrika's children and giving them the chance to live a "civilized" life.
Babylon does this over and over again. Steals land, resources, ideas, people, animals, plants, anything useful and then offers their way of life to those it displaces as payment. Until this action is stopped there will be no peace, no freedom, no love. No appoloy can put back what is gone. You cannot apologise for what is not over or for what is not your fault. But you can fight. You can help a Black man step up, you can give a Black woman a place to sit down. You can stop Babylon from feeding off of humanity like a fat leech. But don't apologise what what does not concern you

Messenger: Dread Lion Sent: 8/8/2006 7:50:47 PM

BLESS

True wisemind. I truly give thanks for the I's reasoning. Here r a few responses and a question.

**If you are not responsible then why do you feel the need to defend yourself.**
-I do not feel the need to defend Iself. Against what? I do not stand accused of anything that I know of.

**I have not compared anything to slavery, didn't even mention the word.**
-This is the first mention of slavery I have seen in this reasoning, what r u responding to here?

**Why can't a Black person make a refrence to white people without somebody inserting an imaginary all in front.**
-I purposely said "seems to be implying" because Iman know that u did not mean that.

**You cannot apologise for what is not over or for what is not your fault.**
-I make no apology, when I said I am sorry I meant I regret that it happened and happens still, not that I take any responsibility for it.

**We are a displaced people, we have not asked to be removed from our homes. We have simply be unable to return because squaters have claimed it for their own. Have stripped it almost bare and polluted what remains. But by some strange turn of events, the kidnappers want to resolve their crime by adopting Mama Afrika's children and giving them the chance to live a "civilized" life.
Babylon does this over and over again. Steals land, resources, ideas, people, animals, plants, anything useful and then offers their way of life to those it displaces as payment.**
-Again the I speaks the truth with overstanding. The way the I keeps explaining these things to I, as eloquent and appreciloved as the explanations are, makes I wonder if the I will ever see that u r "preaching to the choir" here. Some white people, particularly Rastas, truly and completely get the message, take the advice and work for reconciliation, reparation and repatriation for InI displaced Afrikan bredrin and sistrin.

**You can help a Black man step up, you can give a Black woman a place to sit down.**
Yes I

**You can stop Babylon from feeding off of humanity like a fat leech.**
I CAN?? HOW?! If only InI could do that!

Isn't it sensible for an oppressed people to welcome and encourage (or at least acknowledge) individuals from the oppressing culture who are moved to work against oppression because they know it to be wrong? Especially ones who actually listen to what the oppressed say they need rather than assume that they know, or worse, want to tell them what they need?

LOVE

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 8/9/2006 9:40:57 AM

Looking back over, yeah I don't know where slavery came from, diregaurd in any effect...

**You can stop Babylon from feeding off of humanity like a fat leech.**
I CAN?? HOW?! If only InI could do that!

Make your "footprint" as small as possible. Use local, sustainable, fair trade, organic, small business alternatives to big business as often as possible. Grow food. Collect rain water. Use an alternative heat/cooling source that is sustainable/renewable. Recycle.

Educate the Masses. Answer questions you know the answer to. Research questions you can't answer. Pass on information, not opinions but facts.

Teach by example, be the change. Refuse to support Babylon in theory or action. Barter as often as possible. Affiliate with good people of every walk of life and exchange good will often. Be a very good friend. Smile at the people you meet. Be polite, open doors, offer assistance. Be a private person with a public personality. Feed people good food. Refuse to be difficult, especially when others insist on complicating things.

Act as though you can only control the outcome of your own life and will not allow anyone to condem you for your shortcommings or elevate you for your gifts. Be responsible for yourself. If you don't require Babylon's assistance it cannot run you.

Messenger: Nefertiti Sent: 9/13/2006 7:51:38 PM

BLessed reasoning... Ras Tafar I immanuel Haile I Selassie i

jus the other night i sited some african brothers reading the Ible and the message of thier reasoning was that African people are the chosen people of the house of ISreal, one text used.......Matthew 15.21-28,

"Jesus" was distinguishing that he came to speak to "the lost sheep of the house of Isreal"....A Canaanite woman "Jesus" ignored when she came to ask for healing for her daughter...FINALLY AFTER HER PLEADING AND CALLING HER lORD, "Jesus" said that "it is not meet to to take the children's bread and cast if off to the dogs". And the woman said "Truth Lord, yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table." then "jesus" answered her "Oh woman, great is thy faith; be it unto thee as as thou wilt." And her daughter was made whole.

Humility "white" bredrens and sistren.......HUMILITY.....

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 57

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I