Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1563&start_row=71

JAH or YAH

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 87
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Diego B. Sent: 12/14/2007 1:13:59 PM

Ravin

first thing I apologize since I am not english, so my posts could seem harsh as for the language, and maybe you could notice something rude in my saying, maybe just because of how I wrote it. So i want you to know that.

Second thing, I was speaking in general in the previous post: if in some culture there is the tradition of killing a woman after she gives birth to her child, although it is an aspect of such culture, it doesn't mean that it is right. Then, if one forces these men to leave their culture, and one day these man will rebel and take their tradition back, they would be still not right in killing a woman after her son's birth.
I am not justifying those who forced and colonized them (they would never be rightful in this doing), but i'm just saying that the fact that that tradition was their own, doesn't mean that that tradition was good.

I am not referring to any african tradition, it is just an exaple of something i think you would consider wrong and cruel (although it may be am ancient custom), such as killing a woman after having given birth to her child.

Same thing is for pagan religions and beliefs: if an african slave had to reject his pagan gods for an european false one, the mere fact that once that custom belonged to him, does not make that custom good, as well as taking the custom back. They should have faced an other Truth, that was strainght from Ethiopia, their home, as HIM says. If Ethiopia is their home, it means that HIM is their Master, the Owner of the House: and that House has just one Flag: see the rest.

Now. If you don't consider His Speeches on Christianity and the Bible, ok; if you won't consider His Actions toward the benefit of Christianity and the Bible, ok. But you can't close your eyes in front of the Imperial Throne and the Imperial Flag. Look there: on the flag a Lion (Haile Selassie) bear the Cross; on the Throne there is the Globe with the Cross, and by the left and right side, the Cherubs stand; over the Throne a Bible is open, from Genesis to Revelation, the Bible! That Flag is the Flag of the Emperor, it is not directed to a particoular audience, as Fyiah said, it is the Flaf of HIM's House, His Own House! And He Himself said that That was the Cross of Jesus Christ son of Joseph and Mary, from the Line of Judah, and of Abraham and Noah and Adam. Not KMET, not the sun or anyother!

What should this mean? I let you the words.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 12/14/2007 1:17:18 PM

Diego B, Africa and African culture is not something for you to reason about.
I was going to write a long post to you explaining why i say this, but it is fruitless.
As long as you cannot possibly know what it is to be black, you wont overs i words....so let it rest.

Messenger: Negus Amlak Sent: 12/14/2007 2:03:50 PM

Ises I,
Ilah bless,
Love in the House, I sight there are many word sound of Imajesty, that are ilivered to many,tongues, kindred and nation upon Iration...
Any Ingel that sight word sound that Imajesty chant specifically to the Rastafari Imples Irectly face to face mouth to mouth Iversation when I&I Icient yod Ithiopia during the early 60's in Addis Ababa...
These reasoning that Imajesty chant to I&I Rastafari Ilders are not well known to those outside Rastafari.
There are many word sound that are ilivered irectly to various nations, groups and individuals... It is very much important to know who Imajesty is chanting to, also which group, event and or persons. There is as I chant reasoning the Imajesty chant to I Rastafari special and not to those who are not Rastafari.
Ilah bless
Rastafari
Istand
Negus Amlak

Messenger: Negus Amlak Sent: 12/14/2007 4:08:59 PM

Ises I,
Love in the House...
I sight the 3 Hearticals that were posted...These speak to the matter of issues related to vitamin D.
As the I have it available be pleased to post the source of research and or researchers or scientice,or genetisis or the like that will illuminate I&I as the the matter of the so-called African(blacks) becoming so-called Europeans (whites) this is in reference to the reasoning of "Hypothesis".
Scientific source for the reasoning or historical reference will be much aprici-loved.
I I
Negus Amlak

Messenger: burningbush Sent: 12/4/2012 1:31:55 PM

I am concerned about the issue on whether or not I should refer to His Majesty as JAH or YAH. This is in I-ccordance with something the bredren Matthew posted about the teachings of Bongo Watto. Bongo Watto met His Majesty in flesh. I do not believe that his reasoning faculties were impaired due to old age, and that is why he stopped chanting JAH. I also know that the word YAH can be found in many African words. Like "Yah'kai'yoy" which is found in reggae music. Help me if I am wrong.

I also know that the musician I-Wayne never refers to His Majesty as JAH in his music and he inspired me a lot. I also realise that "J" is not in the Hebrew alphabet?

Blessed

Messenger: Matthew Sent: 12/5/2012 9:43:34 AM

Blessed Love Hon BurningBush

lots of confusion surrounding names some call on Jes-us others Yeshua some HAIL Jah others Yah. Its unimportant, chant HAILE SELASSIE I and the I wont go wrong!

RasTafarI Blessings

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 12/5/2012 7:29:53 PM

words of truth Matthew

ya dont have to say it any special way, The Lord no care what ye call him , he has infinite name he is the infinite one

Jah, Emmanuel, Jahovah, Yashua, Selassie I , Jesus, YHWH, its a obsticle to ponder on question like what name is right? So dont pnder on it and just chant Jah name that resonates with you, for his name is ours, given to us the names have purpose, Jahs names are ours.

Messenger: burningbush Sent: 12/7/2012 1:13:47 PM

Bless up for the words of encouragement!

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 12/15/2012 8:50:28 AM

If u rasta don't b afraid of de name ''Jah''. Just use it n foget about de hebrew language. Der's plenty of j in I n I african languages. De elder himself had mistakes like any other man.

Messenger: Tekel Sent: 1/9/2013 4:55:29 AM

that's funny arguing over the Most High's Name. The Almighty of Haile Sellassie has many names to begin with. So going along with the Israelite people and ones can use the Amharic people as well to see that the Almighty is the same but the name itself have different invocations.

Maybe ones can look at what the real confusion is going on. Jah or Yah the "white dude" has always taught they were the same hence to look at the real confusion

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 87

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I