Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7757&start_row=61

We don't come from evolution but we come from Creation

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 77
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: RasTafarIWork Sent: 1/27/2023 4:45:22 PM

Well,

Today many think they live in the epitome of civilization, science, knowledge, etc, and that we have advances so much. So they reason that prophets such as Noah, and the ark story are false, yet cannot see the truth. Simply because the canal mind cannot reason with higher knowledge. yet they are wrong.

For example, who can tell of the technology used to build the pyramids at Giza, and what their function was?

See, modern time authors can only navigate within their self imposed empirical boundaries, which are quit limited.

Messenger: RasTafarIWork Sent: 1/27/2023 5:25:27 PM

If a rasta has to do what another rasta does in order to be a rasta then one sheep is simply following another.

No that's not it.

RasTafarI people are not made, they are born. They have an affinity with truth and justice, by intuition and logic. Like Our Everlasting Father says, "My sheep know my voice", we only gravitate to the absolute.

In the beginning, God made the heavens and the earth... (there is to much in that simple statement)

In the beginning was the Word... (today modern science proves that the whole existence is just vibrations, and where there is a vibration there has to be a sound, ie a word.)

.... and the Word was God, and the Word was with God...

All things were made by HIM, and without HIM was not anything made that was made...

In HIM was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not...

He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew HIM not...

He came unto His own, and His own received him not. But as many as received HIM, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His Name...

Yes the Bible doesn't always explain, like an adult doesn't have to explain to a child, but tells the child only what is relevant to its level of understanding, knowing that the child will grow to understand the reasons in the fullness of time.

If any1 looks deep into themselves, they will understand that they are not just a coincidence, by trial and error, just existing just like that, but that there is an aim to their existence, and a destiny.

Messenger: RasTafarIWork Sent: 2/19/2023 3:06:54 PM

WHY GOD CREATED THIS WORLD? PURPOSE OF CREATION l BHAGAVAD GITA l SHREE KRISHNA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-YcsaQEyXM

Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge. There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard.- Psalms 19: 2 & 3

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 2/20/2023 9:05:18 AM

One of the issues in this thread is that it exposes Creationist logic. What does that mean?

There are actually tons of people who believe in Creation AND Evolution.

It is the logic of Creationists that tend not to understand Evolution to think that you have to pick one or the other. Many people think evolution is simply a methodology of creating millions of different species without having to design and engineer each one. Instead, what you design is the ability of the organism to change and adapt. If it does this enough it may become what WE would call a new species.

The conflict in this argument is provided by Creationists who imagine that Evolution must be an assault on their chosen Creation Myth because they believed that this story happened over a literal 7 day time period. Because of that literal 7 days, they believe Evolution is a threat to Creationism when in fact it is only a refute of a 7 day creation week. The fact that we have hybrid animals like a mule or liger should be enough to know that new species are created post-biblical creation week. So instead of saying "maybe these ideas are wrong" Creationists just want to deny that evolution exists at all.

You can believe whatever you want. But sticking your head in the sand because you don't want to learn something that goes against what you already believe... that's not science. That's practicing ignorance.

Humans practice ignorance often out of loyalty to tradition. While this is understandable to some point, it also works against human progress. If your ancestors believed in slavery are you going to keep believing in slavery just so you don't have to say they were wrong?

This thread really isn't about whether creation or evolution is wrong because the truth is they can both be right at the same. What this thread does is exposed the mental flexibility of the participants to accept ideas that make them uncomfortable.

But if you have to fight to protect your beliefs by covering your ears... at what point are those beliefs worth having? If you have to hide something in darkness to the point that you run from the light, what is it that you are truly protecting?

Messenger: RasTafarIWork Sent: 2/20/2023 2:38:46 PM

It is the logic of Creationists that tend not to understand Evolution to think that you have to pick one or the other.
Exactly; both cannot be true.
Only one Is.
I will illustrate.

The I said, 'The fact that we have hybrid animals like a mule or liger should be enough to know that new species are created …'
So then I ask, are these mane made interventions a higher form of life, or are they regressions ? Consider grafted plants too. Do these man made creations procreate, and are their seeds fertile or infertile hmmm?

Then the I said ' …they believed that this story happened over a literal 7 day time period.'
Well I may not know how the author chose seven, but maybe back then the author knew about the seven found in visible light (the violet, indigo, blue, green, yellow, orange and red), or the Musical Octave ( the doh, re, mi, fa, soh, la, ti ), or the irrational number π; = 22/7 = 3.1428571..., (in 22 actions was creation In The Beginning),
maybe it was divine knowledge? mmmh?

Then the I said 'Creationists just want to deny that evolution exists at all.'
Well, it is not denying, just calling out falsehood, coz We know better.

Then the I said 'Humans practice ignorance often out of loyalty to tradition.'
and so I say; it is an affinity to the higher truth, to which We concede.

Then the I said 'If your ancestors believed in slavery are you going to keep believing in slavery just so you don't have to say they were wrong?'
I will just ask, what is commitment?.. and what is devotion???

Finally, the I said 'But if you have to fight to protect your beliefs by covering your ears... at what point are those beliefs worth having? If you have to hide something in darkness to the point that you run from the light, what is it that you are truly protecting?'
The answer Is, I have a perfect resentment for falsehood, which I passionately call out.

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 2/20/2023 9:37:25 PM

Hail Iyahs
Oneness n Love

I didnt read this whole thread, only the past couple of posts from IPX Ninja and RastafariWork. I think it's great reasoning on both parts and I think both are right in their own ways.

That numerical reasoning is really intriguing RasTafarIWork, I really ipprecilove the I sharing that. As we know, numbers are extremely significant in early Hebrew writings.

Yet I think there is also enough evidence for micro evolution to show that it does happen. The shift from wolves to dogs for example. Which has taken thousands, possibly tens of thousands of years. This is not the same as the mixed animals that the I brought up like mules and ligers, which are indeed sterile (infertile) as a result of unnatural breeding. Wolves and dogs on the other hand can still breed and create fertile offspring, yet the genetic difference between wolves and dogs is distinct.

Another example of micro evolution is pygmy elephants found on Borneo, which became isolated from the mainland and changed in their size as a result.

And why does Australia have such unique species of animals found no where else, like koalas and kangaroos, is that simply because the creator pointed a finger to that mega-island AFTER the flood (because their dispersion to Australia after the flood would have been impossible if they were on that fabled ark)? Surely no one believes that?

So I think the BOTH explanation is extremely logical... as someone once told me long ago, and it has always stuck with me, it's not this OR that, it's this AND that.

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 2/21/2023 11:03:17 AM

RasTafarIWork, your reasoning is impressive even though I disagree with the result. I respect your intellect and I enjoy reasoning with minds I respect.

Let me back a slight bit to this statement:

"Today many think they live in the epitome of civilization, science, knowledge, etc, and that we have advances so much. So they reason that prophets such as Noah, and the ark story are false, yet cannot see the truth. Simply because the canal mind cannot reason with higher knowledge. yet they are wrong."

You see this as higher knowledge. I see it as lower. Let me explain. Higher knowledge suggests a bird's eye view that naturally gets from a story told from a third-person omniscient standpoint. The reality though is that the author is not a god. They are simply gods to their story. Their lower perspective is told in a different voice; that of the 3rd person omniscient writers. So when you read the story you read about characters that have a lower framework of knowledge, wisdom, and consciousness, but the writer... you see... the writer is an INVISIBLE HAND (a slight nod to the handwriting on the wall) in the story. The writer, knows everything going on in the story because it's "his story". And we know from American history, that it is incomplete and that there is an active political desire to edit history and keep the story of history being told from a certain narrative. Truth need not apply.

So when we talk about the character of Noah... what were the limits of his knowledge? Did he traverse the globe and know how big it was? Did he have access to satellite networks and more cameras pointing down at our world than telescopes pointing up? I would submit to you that if this was a regular story in the Fiction section of the library you would have no reservations about processing the story on these 2 levels: what is known, perceived, believed, by the characters in the story, and what is known, perceived, or believed by the writer acting as a 3rd person omniscient and therefore seeing the events from a higher vantage point. Even if that vantage point is merely later in time, that gives the perspective of "hindsight" which we say is always 20/20.

You regard Noah as a prophet because God told Noah about the flood. Right? Noah knows nothing about this without God. So if God says "I'm going to send a flood to the whole world" then in Noah's mind the whole world will be flooded. When Noah sees the limits of his vision filled with water this would seem like confirmation. And yet, a tsunami that can flood a large area could be, in the perspective of those affected, mistaken for a global flood. According to science (geology especially), no global flood actually happened. We can see this in the fossil record and layers of sediment as well as even layers of ice. If it happened, the Earth(planet) herself would bear eternal witness. Instead, it is a witness that this never happened.

https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/650662/biggest-tsunamis-in-history

And I'm not saying it was definitely a tsunami. Don't get me wrong. I have simply noticed the difference between how we treat natural disasters in modern times and how ancient humans saw them through the lens of superstition.

Nicky Haley just made the news again. This time it was due to the fact that she's supporting a Christian pastor, John Hagee, who said that New Orleans was hit by a storm because of the gay pride parade that was planned. He also said that the antichrist will be gay and created the "blood moon prophecy" suggesting that lunar events in 2014 were the start of the end times.

I'm not trying to bash the man, but he exposes a level of superstition that many others have which is why he is comfortable preaching this stuff to a huge audience. And so when there is a natural disaster, as humans, we have the tendency to look for a REASON. We then pair this reason with our beliefs and (unconsciously) our imagination. It combines into a story narrative just like the Epic of Gilgamesh... just like the Deluge of Noah. Local people saw the destruction but guess what? There were humans in other places who weren't killed by the flood. They simply didn't know about those people because they weren't omniscient.

I used to think humans only sacrificed virgins to volcanoes in movies. But no. People used to literally sacrifice humans to volcanoes and ways of preventing disasters from happening because they were afraid of upsetting the gods. So both the Noah story and the Epic of Gilgamesh feature gods/God who are/is upset. It's literally pulled from the playbook of human superstition. So are you going to argue that the sacrifices all over Peru and the Andes were some kinds of higher knowledge? I don't think you would. That's because those civilizations were not living anything by the bible. They didn't know JAH at all. But they still believed the gods were connected with natural disasters just like when the Israelites saw the lightning and heard the thunder they were afraid and mistook it for the voice of God. Higher knowledge? No... human nature.

When we get afraid our imagination creates monsters and devils. When we're happy our imaginations create unicorns, fairies and sprites. We are Creators. We have always been creators. And we create stories that we ourselves believe in and stories can be powerful enough to change us. We often rewrite ourselves by writing stories. If anything, THAT, is the higher knowledge; the knowledge of how to manipulate (constructively or otherwise) humanity through different artforms.

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 2/21/2023 11:27:25 AM

"If any1 looks deep into themselves, they will understand that they are not just a coincidence, by trial and error, just existing just like that, but that there is an aim to their existence, and a destiny."

Evolution is not a coincidence any more than the coincidence of man X meeting and falling in love with Woman Y. The problem is we want the LOVE STORY. We are romantics at heart. We want a loving father who would never abandon his children. Why? Because we don't want to feel like that. Because of our feelings.

Just because 2 people meet because of random chance doesn't negate their love story. I was on a dating app at the same time as my wife. And? Two people go to any place at the same time and they meet each other. Is that it? No, they have to make the decision to interact. But that decision is also driven by biological forces. We don't like to mix talking about these biological forces with our romantic views about love. But the fact is that if it were not for these biological forces, the face of love would look totally different and we are seeing that now with the rise of the LGBTQ community. Whether it's right or wrong I am not touching that right now (radioactive). The point though is that we're not simply motivated to find someone to love but to find someone to love based on our biological imperative.

Why? Is it love? or is it the survival of the species? Or is it both? As the Empress said, it doesn't have to be one or the other.

Again... we want that romantic story... "destiny". We want to feel like we have a part to play; that we're part of something bigger. And we are. But what does that story look like and who is telling it? This can be a problem.

What if we're telling stories that are incompatible with each other? What if we're telling stories that cause us to fight or enslave each other? What if we're telling stories that make us feel superior to others or make us treat others differently such as lending money to others at high-interest rates so that over time, their wealth is transferred to the group doing the lending? What if our various stories are tearing us apart? What if, because our stories are competing, WE follow our stories and end up competing? What if we read scriptures like a script and script our lives accordingly? And what if what you consider good, because of your script, someone else considers evil? Will there not be conflict inevitably?

What if Cain and Abel are just 2 different religions? 2 different ways of life? Our biological differences make us cooperate (in a good marriage). Our regional differences tend to make us compete. Where does higher knowledge come in?

Messenger: RasTafarIWork Sent: 2/21/2023 2:46:14 PM

As the Empress said, it doesn't have to be one or the other.

I disagree completely.

Actually, as it is written in most if not all scripture, times are getting worse: The Yuga Cycle say so, the Buddhist ages say so, the Greek ages say so, the Jain ages say so, Native American tradition say so, African tradition say so, and, oh yes, The Bible say so.

This is a falling, not progress.

Only in the present times that a mode of thought suggest otherwise.

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 2/23/2023 3:57:11 PM

RasTafarIWork, much respect to you.

I'm not seeing what your current argument has to do with what the empress said nor what I'm saying.

Arguing that times are getting worse isn't proof of anything. "Worse" is a relative word. So I have to ask you... relative to when?

When MAGA people said "Make America Great Again", the collective sigh of black people said "again? what time period are you talking about going back to?"

Because relative to slavery... times are far better.

I can also say, relative to the Dark Ages... times are far far better

Relative to NAZI Germany...

Relative to the height of the KKK...

Relative to the bubonic plague, small Pox, etc.

I can go on, but you of course get the point I'm making.

Time is relative. The things our ancestors worried about are not the things we necessarily have to worry about. That doesn't mean we run out of reasons to worry or problems to fix.

When the Jews, just before 70AD, were up against Roman oppression they also had what we call "doomsday cults" or apocalyptic cults. They were talking about the end of the world... IN THEIR TIME. You can even read where, in Matthew 24/25, they were told to flee to mountains. And where did we find the dead sea scrolls? In the mountains where they fled, believing the world was ending.

So that whole end of the world bit... not to diminish or dismiss your fears... honestly, is very old. And I mean ancient. That's why people sacrificed humans to volcanoes; to prevent "their world" from ending. But that's driven by superstition which is driven by fear. Being subject to that fear is a choice. Your choice. And I cannot stop you if that's what you choose. I can only try to reason with you and do my best to spread information so that everyone can make the best choice for them. And if I'm wrong then I hope to be corrected with better information.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 77

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I