Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7757&start_row=1

We don't come from evolution but we come from Creation

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 77
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Black heart Sent: 10/15/2022 8:57:35 AM

I know Almighty God created purposefully all creation in de omniverse. Pon dis planet All de major man races were (exept mixed race/brown) created togeda. We all come from creation not evolution. People were placed 2geda all de continents of dis world.

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 10/15/2022 9:20:15 AM

Man don't come from apes. We were created at d start aswell as apes. Amongst man: Whites don't come from Blacks but were created in d begining 2geda with Blacks n other races in deir respective continents. InI no come from evolution but come from iration.

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 10/16/2022 2:48:43 AM

In d begining Jah didn't only create 2 men/Adam n Eve, but Jah created many people who filled dis planet. If it was only Adam n Eve in d begining dat would mean deir offsprings engaged in incest 2 reproduce but Jah created many people(males n females)

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 10/16/2022 3:21:06 AM

After man was created deh was no need fo prohibited sex like incest n interatial, since Jah had created plenty of d rightful sexual partners to choose from. Oneness

Messenger: Alabaster ointmnt Sent: 10/18/2022 8:04:55 PM

That’s actually a nice reasoning . Is it as so told in the book ? I don’t think so . What do you think our purpose is here on this earth after creation?

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 10/19/2022 3:29:56 AM

Yes I. Our purpose on earth is to do good/ lead a righteous life, to live according to de laws of Jah, to do unto others what we would like to be done to us. Oneness

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 10/20/2022 4:42:38 PM

blackheart: I know Almighty God created purposefully all creation in de omniverse. Pon dis planet All de major man races were (exept mixed race/brown) created togeda. We all come from creation not evolution. People were placed 2geda all de continents of dis world.

You can believe whatever you wish but science disagrees. What we've learned by studying DNA, is that all life originates from the same source. Ancient people believed the same thing and called that source God. Different religions render the story in different ways. I would invite you to research multiple creation myths so you can see their similarities as well as contrasts.

There is no reason to believe one myth over another because they borrow from each other and weren't really competing to be scientific fact. These are not science books. These are religious texts. People were expressing their ideas and theories but not putting so much effort into the explanation because they didn't know. How could they? They weren't there. Human knowledge can only go back so far and then myths and legends take over.

The myths and legends were exchanged by trade and by war and by slavery. Much of it was attached to religion for the purpose of controlling the population. However, many people need religion as kind of a surrogate parent to help them develop or show them a spiritual path they can follow. But the point is the spiritual. If you take everything literally you can miss the whole point.

Now when it comes to DNA...

I don't know how old everyone is but I'm going to show my age for a second and talk about cassette tapes. We used to record music off the radio or record one tape to another. Sometimes there would be a defect. Every copy that came from that tape would share the same defect. If you had a bunch of tapes in a room, all with the same music on them, you could use defects to sort which tapes were copied from which and form a hierarchal timeline. This is the kind of thing science does. Plenty of people don't care at all about the tapes and only care that the music sounds good. There's nothing to criticize. It's just a different focus.

So looking at DNA, the same thing is true. Let's say that a species catches a virus or mutation that changes its DNA. Once that DNA is passed on to the next generation, changes can happen in order to help that organism survive. These small adaptations are called "microevolution".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microevolution

But since we can now analyze DNA and even use it to track down where your family came from, we can also track the errors in DNA, even as it crosses species. So there is that. The other thing is that this isn't the 70s. Evolution has already been proven and evolution in bacteria is currently being observed and studied.

https://kottke.org/22/02/the-longest-running-evolution-experiment.

Looking at bacteria was a breakthrough for this reason. We, humans, tend to take a long time to reproduce. It takes typically 9 months for a human baby to develop. So trying to track evolution in humans would take millions of years. So what if you found a species with a much shorter replication cycle? That's where bacteria come in. They are among the fastest reproducers in the world, doubling every 4 to 20 minutes. You see this on spoiled fruits and veggies. The fact that you can even see the spread of these microorganisms shows you how many there have to be visible to the naked eye. So this means that watching bacteria over days is like watching humans over hundreds or thousands of years.

The experiment I posted above shows us the equivalent of 1.5 to 2 million years of human reproduction. So yes, the changes seen in these experiments prove that evolution is real and results in changes that help the organism to survive in its environment. It's not like different-looking humans were all created at the same time. Humans migrated and ate different foods and lived in different environments and experienced different viruses and our bodies adapted differently as a result, but not so different that we're different species.

NO, humans did not come from apes. Yes, humans and apes came from a common ancestor just as plants and animals came from a common ancestor.

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 10/20/2022 4:50:22 PM

blackheart: In d begining Jah didn't only create 2 men/Adam n Eve, but Jah created many people who filled dis planet. If it was only Adam n Eve in d begining dat would mean deir offsprings engaged in incest 2 reproduce but Jah created many people(males n females)

So what about species of animals that reproduce asexually? You're attempting to define reality based on rules that have changed over time. Back in ancient times, many people married and preferred to marry their cousins. We don't do this now because we don't have to go too far to find genetic diversity. Not having enough can create mutations. However mutations can be bred out simply by the inability of the mutations to reproduce. So even though it is distasteful to you (now) it doesn't mean that many humans were created simultaneously just so no one had to have sex with their sister. The further back in time you go the less distasteful it would have been.

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 10/21/2022 9:56:28 AM

All life was created by one force, all de many diverse living n non living organisms were created by dis one force n de force is Jah. Evolution was also created n is controlled by Jah. Jah created us de way we are 2day in de begining. We have not changed

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 10/21/2022 12:22:58 PM

Fo de fact dat scientist found dat all living things have DNA so they blieve dat all evolved from one organism. Not true. Jah created d many defferent organisms with d DNA in deir cells. Mutation is also effected by Jah.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 77

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I