Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=746&start_row=1

the beardmen

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 30
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Bredda Alex Sent: 4/2/2005 1:40:13 PM

the beardmen

in L.P.Howell times rasta used to wear the beard like Sellassie I used to. and brethren identified themselves with this beard. how come nowadays dreadlocks are more important than the beard ?

for Iself, the beard is as important as dreadlocks, or even more important than locks. what about theI's opinions 'pon that ?

Messenger: Bredda Alex Sent: 4/2/2005 1:41:19 PM

Bro David answered:

>> Greetings I
In my opinion, the beard or the dreadlocks are similar to the circumcision of the Jews and in the Bible it is written (Romans 2.28)

''A man is not a Jew if he is only one outwardly, nor is circumcision merely outward and physical. No, a man is a Jew if he is one inwardly; and circumcision is circumcision of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the written code. Such a man's praise is not from men, but from God.''

And Morgan Heritage said:
''You don't haffi dreads to be Rasta. It is not a dreadlocks thing. Devine conception of the heart.''

I think when you follow the words of the Allmighty, you are circumcised in your heart. You are a spirituall dread.
Hope you understand what I mean.

Selah <<

Messenger: Bredda Alex Sent: 4/2/2005 1:41:37 PM

truth that. but if one looks only at the meaning of the beard or the dreadlock (and ignores that they aren't essential for calling one rastafarIan) what is "more important" ?

how come today, growing dreadlocks seems to be more important than it was ?

Messenger: ijah Sent: 4/3/2005 4:59:11 AM

Yes greetings ...Selassie I lives !!!!!!!

Treu RasTafarian wear locks because of the Vow he himself hath done...between him and Jah.....it is written in Numbers 6.
Concerning the beard...it is a good thing fe live in the image of H.I.M.Haile Selassie I....but as far as i know..it is wriiten somewhere in the Law of the Jews,that them also musnt shave nor trim the corners of them beard...as InI can sight,Selassie I did shave..

OneLove & Bless Jah RasTafari

Messenger: Doctor Binghi Sent: 4/3/2005 11:39:21 AM

Yes I

Personally, I grow both, and trim neither.. I think they are both equally important. Numbers 6 does not say grow the hair of the top of your head, and trim the beard... It says to grow the locks of the hair on your head... The face is the front of the head, so to me, this means... locks all around. from the back of the neck to the face, we should not trim.

It is not esential to be Rasta.. but more of an "extra vow" I don't think Jah would punish one for not growing locks, but if one takes the vow, he better not turn back. You can not break contract with The Almighty.

Each Rastaman trods his own trod, though to the same destination. Some Ras drink, some do not... some eat certain meats, some do not... get me? Each Rasta, in my humble opinion, makes his own vows with Jah, and it is personal between them.

I hope this is helpful to the I
Selassie I Bless

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 4/3/2005 3:36:33 PM

Have you ever seen pictures of His Imperial Majesty I when He was young. The man de got dreadlocks!

Messenger: the rock Sent: 4/3/2005 3:52:25 PM

what is it that you are saying, that youth should have dreads and when they grow they should have afro's....no, i think that you are saying that rastaman have to have dreads, and to that i say dreads dread on.or not.

onelove

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 4/3/2005 4:02:51 PM

Hardly what I meant rock. I was stating that at one point of His life He had dreadlocks. Thats all. It really is that simple, please don't reform my words, it is very impolite, and at least completly innacurate.

Ras Zion I

Messenger: the rock Sent: 4/3/2005 4:12:27 PM

"reform" why did you make a incomplete statement. If that is what you ment in the begining why didn't you post that in full? My post was directed in a maner to say how I took your post.If I am wrong why not just correct me? Are you uptight today ?, because if so I will leave you alone until another day. No need to get vexed .That would do no good for unity. I stand corrected.
One Love

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 4/3/2005 4:44:33 PM

Not uptight, everything cool.

Bless

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 30

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I