Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6891&start_row=1

New rastafari

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 28
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: yrgzion Sent: 12/19/2017 7:37:36 AM

I am trying to become a rastafari but I fear that I might get a little hate because I am white, but since I was 10 I wanted to have dreadlocks and some days ago I discovered that I should be a rastafari, I didn't chose to be one my heart did and when I think about being a rastafari I feel it from the heart, I even took my earrings out because I know about the belief of not piercing, making tattoos and stuff. So that's it, I am 14 by the way.

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 12/19/2017 6:08:50 PM

yrgzion there are many things to know. 1st and foremost is to know who Ras Tafari is; and then what Ras Tafari is. That alone is a big enough bite to chew on for a while. This forum is all about dialogue, it has a search bar at the top of the page. Nearly anything you want to know about Ras Tafari has in some way been discussed here. Many people with many different perspectives and experience have commented on many different items. It is a great resource.. One thing you might come to read is that Ras Tafari is not a religion and not just anybody can join. Many threads with those topics specifically.
It is important to know that this path, walking with Jah, is a personal one.. If Jah has allowed you to witness his grace and glory, then it is your responsibility - and these words ring true to me still - to do your due diligence in answering that call. This is bigger than dreadlocks, positive vibes, ganja and music. This is it. Jah. He who be who he be. Qedamawi Halie Selassie. So there is a significance to that name. And it needs to be known. Once this significance begins to be overstood; it becomes clear that it is a name that is not for everyone to wear. Ras Tafari rejects and righteously defeats the babylon system. Meaning that the wicked ways of this world must be rejected and corrected on our level. Not too many people want to take the Red Pill and step out of the matrix to see what it really is.. The devil.. Laugh if you will but as you develop your eye, you will be able to see that the operations of this satanic babylon system run diametrically opposed to the way of Jah. The god of this system is power and controll, its prophet is money.. Its all fabricated and manipulated. Disconnect from Jah nature.. Judge a tree by its fruit and the fruit of this system is debt, stress, death and destruction..
So when stepping out of the system and into Jah truth, know that it must be authentically you. Dont worry about trying to 'look rasta' or tell everyone 'im rasta now'.. This is of African origin and for the African people. Through extension of this foundation, Jah speaks to all people. But the root must be recognized as the root. Biblically speaking; you and I, so-called white people, are the gentiles. Those who are not Hebrew.. And in romans 11 we read: 13 I am talking to you Gentiles. Inasmuch as I am the apostle to the Gentiles, I take pride in my ministry 14 in the hope that I may somehow arouse my own people to envy and save some of them. 15 For if their rejection brought reconciliation to the world, what will their acceptance be but life from the dead? 16 If the part of the dough offered as firstfruits is holy, then the whole batch is holy; if the root is holy, so are the branches.

17 If some of the branches have been broken off, and you, though a wild olive shoot, have been grafted in among the others and now share in the nourishing sap from the olive root, 18 do not consider yourself to be superior to those other branches. If you do, consider this: You do not support the root, but the root supports you. 19 You will say then, “Branches were broken off so that I could be grafted in.” 20 Granted. But they were broken off because of unbelief, and you stand by faith. Do not be arrogant, but tremble. 21 For if God did not spare the natural branches, he will not spare you either.

22 Consider therefore the kindness and sternness of God: sternness to those who fell, but kindness to you, provided that you continue in his kindness. Otherwise, you also will be cut off. 23 And if they do not persist in unbelief, they will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again. 24 After all, if you were cut out of an olive tree that is wild by nature, and contrary to nature were grafted into a cultivated olive tree, how much more readily will these, the natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree! 25 I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers and sisters, so that you may not be conceited: Israel has experienced a hardening in part until the full number of the Gentiles has come in.

I apologize if this was a long read.
Peace

Messenger: Black Christ Salvation Sent: 12/20/2017 1:16:16 PM

the Man say: Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.

HOLY EMMANUEL I SELASSIE I JAH RA'S TA FAR I

Give th'ankh's for Life, Health & Strength. Give thanks for the Uprising. Give thanks for the Black Christ Salvation, Salvation is Real, Give th'ankh's for the Reality God JAH RA'S TA FAR I.

SALVATION-GOD-JAH RAS TAFARI , SELAH , SELASSIE I JAH RASTAFARI.

Messenger: Black Christ Salvation Sent: 12/21/2017 2:10:42 PM

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 2/18/2018 10:46:04 PM

JAH bless you, yrgzion. Being a RastafarI is not related to the color of a person's skin. Anyone who would think that and express some sort of negativity to you for being white is not really following the teachings of His Majesty. The skin of my carbon body is white color. The black-skinned Jamaican (JAH-make-him) man who confirmed to me the name of His Majesty RastafarI back in 1984 held his arm against my arm, looked into my eyes and said, "You see, we are the same color." He was right, of course. So don't think about skin color, instead, seek ye first the kingdom of JAH and His righteousness and everything will be added unto you.
Jah RastafarI

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 2/21/2018 7:43:09 PM

RasTafari is an Afrikan movement, founded upon Afrikan consciousness, headed by an Afrikan King of Kings, in RESISTANCE against global white supremacy.

This MUST be acknowledged and RESPECTED by ANYONE who identifies with Rasta, regardless of skin color.

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 2/22/2018 3:50:05 AM

"On the question of racial discrimination, the Addis Ababa Conference taught, to those who will learn, this further lesson:
that until the philosophy which holds one race superior and another inferior is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned;
that until there are no longer first class and second class citizens of any nation;
that until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance than the color of his eyes;
that until the basic human rights are equally guaranteed to all without regard to race;
that until that day, the dream of lasting peace and world citizenship and the rule of international morality will remain but a fleeting illusion, to be pursued but never attained." - HIM Haile Selassie I, 1963

yrgzion, There is no black skin or white skin or yellow skin or brown skin to a RastafaI, because we are all the same color. Too much hate and divisiveness have been built upon racial distinctions so we RastafarI are blind to them in accordance with the teachings of His Majesty. We are all the children of the Rastaman--brothers and sisters.
PEACE & JAH LOVE

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 2/22/2018 4:26:45 AM

yrgzion - When you say that you didn't chose to be RastafarI but that your heart did that tells me that you are blessed with a consciousness of Truth. This is a wonderful thing for anyone to have, but especially for someone your age as it will serve you well for your entire life. I am 60 years old and was introduced to His Majesty's Holy Name and Personage by Bob Marley and the Wailers in Los Angeles back in the 1970's. I already had Truth in my heart for many years, but had not known His New Name until I heard the New Music. All boundaries (like skin color) dissolved as the sound of the Wailers playing filled the Pauley Pavilion & the audience danced together in Oneness.

RastafarI has filled my heart & been my path for my entire Life and JAH LOVE has sustained i through the tribulations of Babylon. Don't worry about being born with white skin. That's no problem and has no bearing on your growth as a Rastaman. The Babylon System won't like you being a Rasta because the Beast hates Truth. Don't make Life harder on yourself than you need to. Grow your dread or don't grow your dread, it's no problem. You'll have enough battles to fight in your life without creating them for yourself. Your heart will tell you what's the right thing to do. What's important is how you grow up inside -- that's what makes the difference -- and how you fulfill the mission that JAH has for you. Everything in Life has it's purpose and JAH has a purpose for you. For me, being disguised in Babylon as a white man with no dreadlocks has allowed me to reach & share JAH LOVE & TRUTH in the lives of the people JAH has planned for me to touch. You see how His Majesty has way of defeating the Babylon System? Imagine that: A middle-class-looking white man hobnobbing with other middles calls white folks & infecting them with JAH LOVE and Inity while they never suspect that there is an agent of RastafarI in the room. And through that disguise (my undercover work, if you will) JAH has allowed me to reach and teach many who probably wouldn't have even spoken to as a natty sporting dreadlocks. You see how His Majesty works in mysterious ways to spread the message of TRUTH and LOVE?

I have one favorite quote from Bob Marley that is especially appropriate to consider when you are young and just beginning to tread through Babylon:

“Well, I've been a Rasta from ever since. You know. But, it's not how long I've been a Rasta, it's how long it takes you to grow up. Cause, what you is what you is, from beginning to the end, you can never change 'cause even if you adopt things, later on they filter right out. So I was Rasta from creation, you know…… Me is a common sense man, that mean when me explain things me explain it in a very simple way that mean even when me explain it to a baby the baby will understand too, you know.” - Bob Marley, 1980

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 2/23/2018 6:35:30 AM

Greetings yrgzion and welcome to the forum, let the I grow in righteousness and Overstanding as the I grow also in years.
JAH infinite love

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/27/2018 2:48:42 PM

Nesta

- your post is 100% false. Haile Selassie says UNTIL and you seem to skip around that part...... UNTIL what he describes happens.....WE AFRICANS WILL FIGHT. The trod was born out of this concept. Rastafari and black supremacy go hand in hand from the very origin of the trod. You cant discuss rastafari without the likes of Garvey, Emmanuel, etc black supremacists

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 28

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I