Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6242&start_row=1

Religious Fanaticism: Is Rasta Guilty?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 43
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 11/2/2015 4:48:18 PM

RELIGIOUS FANATICISM (excessive and irrational enthusiasm or zeal for a belief or cause)

IS RASTAFARI ALSO EFFECTED BY THIS?

TRUTH stands on its own. It is in that Spirit that InI would like to address this very issue of RELIGIOSITY which also PLAGUES Rastafari. We ALL should know that when the finger is pointed out, there are always three pointing back at us. Part of the Healing of the Nations, and Afrikan Liberation, is not only to REVEAL the destructive OUTTER influences which plague us, but most importantly, how those ideals have been ingrained into the Mindz of the Black Nation, and to COURAGEOUSLY tackle our own "dirty laundry", so to speak. It is much easier to point the finger at the origin of the infection, than to begin to cleanse its stench and foul pus.

The Global White Supremist System has affected ALL of Creation and Her children. Only a fool could deny the RESIDUAL effects of the Afrikan Holocaust which continues to plague us. Indeed, the I mention Willy Lynch, which is an excellent point. Would the I agree that Willy Lynch is just as pleased with the ongoing effects of his MIND-SET inna Rastafari as he is with the rest of the Black Nations? Can it be denied that Rastafari Houses are also GUILTY of "allowing IGNORANCE and FANATICISM to disguise itself as RIGHTEOUS ZEAL for the cause"? When the Nyahbinghi House chants down the next house (or vice verca) because one sights "Jesus Christ" as being the "savior" while the other sights Gad, and yet the other sights or Prince Emmanuel, or Rastafari? Can it be denied that Rastafari also suffers DISUNITY and STAGNANCY due to squabbling over who is the "true messiah" and over the Divinity and Deification of Haile Selassie I? How many Rastafari Idren beat the next Idren over the Divine Nature of this god-man as opposed to INCULPORATING his Teachings and his Examples? It is in InI opinion (due to experience) that Rastafari sons and dawtahs spend much more energy in "comparing notes" (as to this house's principles/tenets versus that ones) than we do in Pan Afrikan WORKS. It is oddly remiscent of the the "jesus freaks" who exhault much more energy squabbling over the deification of the MAN rather than his teachings…

Is it so far fetched to say that the FALSE interpretations of our Afrikan Sacred Texts and Teachings have also bled into Rastafari? (EXCLUDING the Koptic Teachings, Faith, Church and Traditions of Haile Selassie and Eastern Koptic Christianity) Is it so far-fetched to admit that the OPRESSOR'S teachings and mindset also affect Rastafari? If RELIGIOSITY has effected the ENTIRE GLOBE, than how has Rastafari not been effected, seeing that we are still using his interpretations of the bible? How many Rastafarians actually follow the SAME TRADITIONS as His Majesty? How many Rastafarians read The Gospel of Myriam? How many venerate Myriam as did His Majesty? How many study Ge'ez and follow the ceremonies of the Koptic Church? How many Rastas have read the Quran, the Torah, etc, as did His Majesty? How many Rastafarians DEIFY the man rather than actually FOLLOW his teachings? Is Rastafari also guilty of BLIND FAITH and religious (King James) fanatisism? Who can deny having experienced the chanting down of one house or the other in the name of biblical differences, this scripture versus that one, and debates over who is the "messiah"? Can it be denied, for example, that the Nyahbinghi House would deny "membership to the inner circle" based on "religiosity" , treatment of the Afrikan goddess (woman), Pauline principles, etc?, or straight out deny the "rastaness" of this or that Idren based on their interpretations, rules, regulations, and order? Does not EVERY RASTA HOUSE consider itself more "rasta" then the next? Its akin to the "brown paper bag test", when degrees of melanin were used to define "blackness", only to turn around and have WE USE IT ON OURSELVES, not only in regards to light-skin/dark-skinn issues, but "degrees of Rastafarianism" based on this one or that one's interpretations, when in fact FEW, and I repeat FEW, actually follow the SAME TENETS AS HIS MAJESTY! Am I the only one to sight a CONtradiction here??

The treatment of RASTAFARI WOMEN and the SEVERE INBALANCE OF THE OMEGA PRINCIPLE is enough to make us realize that RELIGIOSITY and Pauline Teachings PERMEATE our "LIVITI". What about the Idren who INSULTS the Mother of Creation by sabotaging the works of Rastafari Women, in the name of "domestic duties", or chants down the sistren for being "feminists" or "lesbians" when in fact they are merely following the Nyahbingi Priniple of RESTORING THE OMEGA BALANCE? A nation which does NOT uplift its WOMEN is a nation DOOMED FOR FAILURE. The FACT that the eurocentric bible are still regurgitated among InI cannot be denied. The fact that EDUCATION is still considered "Babylon" by many Rases is not only a direct insult to Garvey and His Majesty, but "education" in and of itself is still misinterpreted among InI. Western education is mistaken for ecudation in general. How many Rases chant down the study of Ancient Khemet (Egypt) as being "pagan", STILL NOT OVERSTANDING that Khemet is KUSHITE in its very foundation. How many still chant down the Principle of Osiris and Isis (Auset and Ausar) as being "not rasta", when IN FACT, those very principles are IMBEDED and ORIGINATED out of Ethiopia? (ROOT of Rasta)

Indeed….RELIGIOSITY is alive and well among InI. Fanatisism and intolerance is alive and well inna Rastafari as it is elsewhere.

"Throughout the long history of black struggle for liberation there have always emerged leaders who became "GODS" AND "MESSIAHS". Their exalted status of honor and worship has been in most cases A RESPONSE TO THE SHEEP MENTALITY'S NEED FOR SOMEONE TO WORSHIP. In their SHEEP MENTALITY the people yearn for someone who will be SUPER-MAN, someone who will miraculously do all that they themselves fear to do or fail to do. This IRRESPONSIBLE condition opens the door wide for THOSE THAT CRAVE WORSHIP, and a circle of RELIGIOUS FANATICISM evolves to become an obstacle in the path of that liberation which both leader and follower claim to be pursuing."

"While the political campaigning, the fratricide, and CHARACTER ASSASSINATION is going on, the train of liberation slows to a halt...........AND WILLIE LYNCH LAUGHS. "Well done boys, keep it up"…

THE ABOVE TRUTHFUL STATEMENTS ARE JUST AS APPLICABLE TO SELF (RASTA NATION) AS THEY ARE TO BABYLON (OPPRESSOR)

THE ONLY TRUE "SAVIOR AND MESSIAH" IN THIS IWAH IS NOT IN THE HANDS OF ONE MAN, BUT IN THE RIZING OF OUR COLLECTIVE CONSCIOUSNESS AND RESPECT OF OUR DIFFERENCES WHILE ALL THE WHILE HONORING "ONE GOD, ONE AIM, ONE DESTINY AND ONE GOAL".

I have posed many THOUGHT PROVOKING questions, which may or may not present a response, however these questions are questions which we MUST ask of ourselves. It is not my intention to offend but to enlighten and create solutions in order for us to FORWARD IN UNITY UNDER THE BANNER OF THE BLACK, THE RED, GOLD AND GREEN. SELAH.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 11/2/2015 8:31:06 PM

This is not something that the western downpressors brought into being. Fanaticism has been a part of all nations, long before the west gained the power and influence that they have. Babylon in some ways influences this mentality, and in other ways they take people away from it.

I have seen so many people passionately jump around on this forum over the years. Sometimes they will be so passionate about RasTafarI and speak against everything else, then eventually these same people convert themselves to Christians or Muslims, or Kemet, and become so passionate about that and add RasTafarI to their "against" list.

It is either RasTafarI against Christianity, RasTafarI against Muslim, RasTafarI against Kemet, RasTafarI against Pagan, Bobo against Nyahbinghi, Nyahbinghi against Bobo, Twelve tribe against Nyahbinghi, etc.etc.

Then some people come or become, Kemet against the Bible, Muslim against RasTafarI, Kemet against RasTafarI, Christian against RasTafarI, etc.etc.

I have seen all kinds of combinations of this against that. I rarely see those that are accepting of even a few variations. Sometimes maybe they approve of two or three (usually similar Trods), but rarely more.

As the I said, people need to Learn and Live by the example of Haile Selassie I, RasTafarI.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 11/2/2015 8:39:33 PM

I made this related reasoning a few months ago,
-----------------
For or Against

I Idren was reasoning about when he was growing up in Jamaica in the 1980's there were some RasTafarI people that dealt with the bible and others who didn't. For most, it wasn't a point of contention, RasTafarI Inity is Haile Selassie I, not the Bible or refusal of the Bible.

I remember a person who become passionate about RasTafarI and spent so much energy speaking against other ways and religions. Then he became passionate about Islam and started speaking against RasTafarI and others. Then he became passionate about something else, and started speaking against Islam and others.

I don't know why humans feel the need to be against things that are different from them. Actually, I do know why, disunity and hate instead of Oneness and Love, with the addition of Babylon conditioning. By training people to be passionately for something while passionately against something else, it makes it easy to rally the people to fight for them against a "common enemy". Propaganda teaches people to be that way about sports teams, musicians, tv shows, writers, politics, cars, computers, tablets, phones, and so many other things. Being for or against is a large part of many people's lives.

There is another option. Show the example that reflects the Livity the I Trods, Teach others the Ways and Thoughts the I has within. A person can live in Heights while learning from the Bible, and a person can live in Heights without learning from the Bible. There is no need to convince others to start or stop reading the Bible, Teach them Heights, and Heights will Rise their Irits.

And going the other direction, Learn from whoever crosses your path, filtering right from wrong according to your Irits. There are so many things people can Learn from each other, even when people have different ways or religions. Sharing the Teachings independent of religion, culture and ways along with the Teachings of each others religion, culture and ways will be beneficial for both people, if they come with a clean heart and mind. If a person is strong within themself, they shouldn't fear other cultures, ways, or religion, it is a joy and enlightenment to Reason.

That is how people will one day Rise in the Heights of Heights, by Learning from each other.
------------------

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/2/2015 11:32:37 PM

Yes sister powerful post and relevant questions. The biggest irony about religious fanaticism is that Rastafari was never meant to be a religokn in the first place...... Yet still religious fanaticism creep in. It's ok to have your beliefs / ideas and reason them until you turn blue with a next Idrin. But then you can't start to tear the individual down true they sight somethin different to de I. "Your not a real RASTA because" of a difference in ideology type of mentality. But reasoning and debate will and has always been a part of the trod and I hope that may continue, as long as InI are in argument as brothers and sister
It's difficult though as conscious ones we are aware of the destructive and oppressive effects of certain religous behaviour or things that have been blamed on religoion has had on I people. Because of that, de I have to overstand why InI can get so passionate about things we believe are hurting us as a people.

I agree with the I sistren & enjoy the works de I demonstrate
Haile

Messenger: RasTafarIWork Sent: 11/3/2015 2:33:18 AM

Big-Up, sister RastaGodess

Messenger: John Israel Sent: 11/3/2015 3:48:11 AM

His Divine Majesty Haile Selassie I speaks in Jerusalem

The hope of future peace and world happiness depends entirely on the preservance of the christian spirit

in my people
and individuals

in order that there may be understanding and collaboration between men of goodwill

Messenger: John Israel Sent: 11/3/2015 5:06:35 AM

If it were not for the zeal of marcus garvey
africans would never have woken up from stupor and regained consciousness
If not for the zeal of Leonard Percivall Howell
ras tafari as a movement would still be sprouting and germinating
If not for the zeal of christ
there would be no speak of salvation
zeal is necessary for progress to be made
now I will proceed to shew forth more acts of zeal by my ancestors and prove to all that JAH is a zelous god

Messenger: John Israel Sent: 11/3/2015 5:14:38 AM

12 And they took Lot, Abram's brother's son,
who dwelt in Sodom , and his goods, and
departed.
13 And there came one that had escaped, and
told Abram the Hebrew ; for he dwelt in the
plain of Mamre the Amorite, brother of Eshcol ,
and brother of Aner : and these were
confederate with Abram .
14 And when Abram heard that his brother was
taken captive , he armed his trained servants,
born in his own house, three hundred and
eighteen, and pursued them unto Dan.
15 And he divided himself against them, he and
his servants, by night, and smote them, and
pursued them unto Hobah, which is on the left
hand of Damascus .
16 And he brought back all the goods, and also
brought again his brother Lot, and his goods,
and the women also, and the people.

Messenger: John Israel Sent: 11/3/2015 5:19:08 AM

19 And it came to pass, as soon as he came
nigh unto the camp, that he saw the calf , and
the dancing: and Moses' anger waxed hot, and
he cast the tables out of his hands, and brake
them beneath the mount.
20 And he took the calf which they had made,
and burnt it in the fire, and ground it to
powder, and strawed it upon the water, and
made the children of Israel drink of it.
21 And Moses said unto Aaron , What did this
people unto thee, that thou hast brought so
great a sin upon them?
22 And Aaron said, Let not the anger of my
lord wax hot: thou knowest the people, that
they are set on mischief.
23 For they said unto me, Make us gods, which
shall go before us: for as for this Moses, the
man that brought us up out of the land of
Egypt, we wot not what is become of him.
24 And I said unto them, Whosoever hath any
gold, let them break it off. So they gave it me:
then I cast it into the fire, and there came out
this calf .
25 And when Moses saw that the people were
naked; (for Aaron had made them naked unto
their shame among their enemies:)
26 Then Moses stood in the gate of the camp,
and said, Who is on the LORD's side? let him
come unto me. And all the sons of Levi
gathered themselves together unto him.
27 And he said unto them, Thus saith the LORD
God of Israel, Put every man his sword by his
side, and go in and out from gate to gate
throughout the camp, and slay every man his
brother, and every man his companion, and
every man his neighbour.
28 And the children of Levi did according to
the word of Moses : and there fell of the
people that day about three thousand men.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/3/2015 5:24:05 AM

Would fanaticism be demonstrated above?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 43

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I