Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6004&start_row=41

Science and Spirit

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 89
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/27/2015 12:22:38 PM

^Burn the man and wombman who research how to cure and prevent and protect InI from aids, chikV, malaria and such babylonian natural and synthetic disease....?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/27/2015 12:32:47 PM

Italist healers will prepare their herbs as the raw leaf, the root, bitters drink, smokes, essential oils, teas and so on. Based of their 'scientific' knowledge and overstanding. Whether high or low concentrations are needed, whether the metabolites are lipid or water soluble, whether there are any impurities needed to be removed, and such. Would this not be pharmaceuticals? Neem Oil? Olive oil? Ganja tea?

Or is it GlaxoSmithKline Johnson&Johnson and Pfizer policy you dont agree with? Don't trust dem neither.

Messenger: Humble one Sent: 2/27/2015 12:45:34 PM

^

If phamarmaceuticals isn't the right word then what is? You know what I am talking about. I never saw neem bitters as pharmaceuticals until now. The neem bitter seems perfectly Ital to take to me.

What I meant is the modern day idea of synthesizing everything into pills... the spirit of the plant is no longer present... so people no longer understand the spiritual side of things.

All the best,

Joe

Messenger: Humble one Sent: 2/27/2015 12:49:58 PM

"Would this not be pharmaceuticals? Neem Oil? Olive oil? Ganja tea?"

I source my olive oil from somewhere which traditionally presses the oil. NB: oil pressing was present since biblical times, as it is often mentioned in the bible.

The olives are MECHANICALLY mashed up, and when the oil NAUTRALLY seperates it is drawn off. I avoid olive oils which are further filtered, and only buy the oil that comes straight from the olives, unfiltered.

Ganja tea; boiling water over the fire is an ancient process, as is making tea. To me this is perfectly Ital.

None of the above are chemcially altered; pills ARE,

All the best,

Joe

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 2/27/2015 6:50:14 PM

Chemically isolating or synthesizing a specific property of an otherwise natural substance to I is pharmaceuticals. This process of isolation generally creates new bonds that were never intended for consumption, many times coming with major health concerns..
The coca plant for example: Used naturally and straight from the plant, chewing on the leaves has medicinal properties of combating altitude sickness.. The 'pharmaceutical processing' would be taking the leaves and using gasoline to withdraw a specific element, all the while changing this otherwise natural element into a dangerous/addictive and unhealthy substance.. Not all that long ago, powdered cocaine was used as a babylonian 'cure-all'.

Of course not all pharmaceuticals are as obviously dangerous as the example I provided, yet the general vibration is the same.. "This drug will slightly ease discomfort of 'this-and-that' symptom" yet the list of side-effects and potential dangers far out-weigh the benefits.

Bless
One Love

Messenger: RAS NATE Sent: 2/27/2015 9:17:33 PM

-----------------------------------------
Of course not all pharmaceuticals are as obviously dangerous as the example I provided, yet the general vibration is the same.. "This drug will slightly ease discomfort of 'this-and-that' symptom" yet the list of side-effects and potential dangers far out-weigh the benefits.
-----------------------------------------
This is not always the case.
To give a simple example from I stance on pharmaceuticals mentioned earlier of accepting when absolutely necessary,take a man who is suffering from a virus and runs a fever slightly higher than 40 °C.This is a life threatening situation yet taking Ibuprofen would reduce the fever and remove the risk.
And taking NSAIDs for a couple of days while the high fever is there will not have any serious effects on the health of the ill man.

So would it be wise for someone to risk dying in such a situation and not take pharmaceuticals?
When there is no other option and the pills that can help have no long term health effects if taken a few times,choosing to rather die seems quite foolish.

It is something else when people choose to take pharmaceuticals when there is no serious risk to their health or life and other natural remedies are there.And I agree that many people do believe in and use pharmaceuticals too much when not necessary.But there are situations where there would be no logical reason to refuse simply for the sake of refusing.

Blessed

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 2/27/2015 10:10:28 PM

Yes I.

I take an organic supplement called Nascent Iodine.[No salt in I diet, rising rates of Iodine deficiency in USA] Sold via Alex Jones and www.infowars.com.[independent news media] Very much anti-babylon.
This supplement is processed and extracted but done so in as safe a way as possible. Very pure, direct, and potent.

Another big reason why I dont like pharmaceuticals is that purchasing them keeps BIGpharma extremely wealthy.. These are the same people who support the engineering of deadly vaccines, giving children autism as well as a myriad of problems. Supporting BIGpharma is perpetuating such disasters.

Some pharmaceuticals can be appropriate when a dire situation arises. No reason to die over something easily curable. Just be careful what is used and know who's pockets the I is supporting.

Bless
One Love

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 2/27/2015 10:14:37 PM

"No reason to die over something easily curable. Just be careful what is used and know who's pockets the I is supporting."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

This again brings forward the science of spirit and the spirit of science..

Study the Iself!

Bless
One Love

Messenger: Humble one Sent: 2/28/2015 1:58:55 AM

Dear Ras Nate,

"a man who is suffering from a virus and runs a fever slightly higher than 40 °C.This is a life threatening situation yet taking Ibuprofen would reduce the fever and remove the risk."

My dad, who does not live like I, once had a raging fever like this last summer, in July. I gave him a decoction of yarrow and tulsi (holy basil) (which I always have in stock for such things instead of ibuprofen), and sponged down his body. Made sure that he drank plenty. I ventilated the room as much as possible and turned on the fan.

Worked wonders, from what he said better than any pill. Just saying that even for life threatening ilnesses herbs can come to the rescue. Who is to say that pills are more effective than some herbs?

----------------------------------------------------

But, having said this I know what you are getting at, a situation where there is not a herb on hand... or there is not one known.

Although I don't agree with you about using the pills in very bad situations, I know what you meant with this example, just thought I would share an effective treatment for the future...

Jethro Kloss, author of Back to eden also recommends high enemas to reduce fevers. I did all of his other reccomendations but not this with my Dad... would have been a bit too personal for me!!!!

-----------------------------------------------------

But, I know what you meant by the example, and probably you would come back with another example where there is not a herb.

All the best,

Joe

Messenger: RAS NATE Sent: 2/28/2015 3:42:17 PM

I assume his fever was not higher than 40 ° C though.
Diaphoretic herbs may help with a fever.But it is not as sure and fast as Ibuprofen or other NSAIDs.So when dealing with a life threatening fever it is a dangerous risk to take as these herbs may not help reduce it enough.
There are many other examples where it would be smarter to take a pharmaceutical pill than experiment with herbs.Like chewing aspirin when having a heart attack etc.
I believe the point I am trying to make is clear already so there's no need to give further examples.

I question is really,what is the principle that doesn't allow ones to take pharmaceuticals that shouldn't have long term effects on health,when dealing with a life threatening situation and not being sure if herbs alone will help founded on?

I am not trying to change how you think or dis the power of JAH healing herbs wich I I-self give thanks for also.But I just don't see any reason to say pharmaceuticals are always wrong and herbs can cure everything.Even if this is often the case with people who don't have anything serious ,there are definetly things where it would be necessary to take more than just herbs in order to survive.
And this brings us back to the original discussion of science,technology and Spirituality.I can't agree with anyone that man made inventions are evil in themselves because JAH didn't create them or whatever other reason ones may give.Just As I don't see a nest a bird made to live in or a web a spider made as evil just because JAH dind't make these directly.Ones may argue that these are natural for them to make,well I see it as natural for us to make technological inventions and medicine through our intellect same way.In technology and modern inventions it's as with anything else,it can be made for evil or for good.

Bless up
RasTafarI

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 89

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I