Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5797&start_row=11

Do you believe in God?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 29
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 8/24/2014 7:28:57 AM

Make I rephrase I question (mainly for I biblical Idren), HOW did ones come to "KNOW" JAH? Was it some mystical Iperience or were ones TOLD of JAH first then came to "KNOW" JAH or did ones come to "KNOW" without EVER hearing of JAH?

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 8/24/2014 3:34:56 PM

In New Orleans there is a grave site for Voodoo Queen Marie LaVeau who 1000s a people visit each year to make petitions and prayers for favors and blessings. When these a prayers are met they make offerings to d Queen for granting dem dey blessing. They don't go deh to Goor whatever one wan call it dey ask a ladie dat born lived and passed and they believe or "KNOW" she granted dem dey need or desire so they thank her and not God, what I'm tryna say is where did da power to make it happen come from, was d Queen, God, or what's already in d people dat they are crediting to something/someone else and not their own deviness and power.

Messenger: RAS NATE Sent: 8/24/2014 4:06:52 PM

^Reminds I of a story someone told I where he realy wanted something and a shooting star fell and he wished for it in the moment it was falling.In a short time he got what he wanted.But we reasoned that it was not the shooting star itself that did it,but it's the fact that if people are fast enough to wish for something at this unexpected quik moment,they are so determined and focused on achieving something that they will get it.

Then,there is faith.Does the NT say diseased people were cleansed by some magic power?NO.It sais "Your faith has healed you" right.And if someone had no faith they could not be healed by some magic power right..
Dunno how the I sight the power of faith.But Iman know that faith truly does move mountains.

Still,I sight that there are things that man cannot do on his own without Ier force helping him/her.

Live up Idren.
Selassie I everytime.

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 8/25/2014 3:15:19 AM

believe what you wanna believe, no one can stop you or say ya wrong. Rasta say I nd I is free. Rasta set I and I free

Blessed Lov

Messenger: RAS NATE Sent: 8/25/2014 8:24:30 AM

Yes I.

But InI don't beLIEve but know.
Becoz feeling means knowing seen.

JAH LOVE

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 8/25/2014 8:48:48 AM

So nobody would answer with a 'Yes'?

I mean't like if someone asked you on the street.......

Or wud you be forced into a deeper reasoning like Iman lol

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 8/25/2014 10:10:13 AM

Yeh I tell dem it deeper than yes or no most cnt over much less understand I view point.

What I wan know is, do ones "KNOW" before or after being told of God or Jah or whatever term ones use?

Messenger: DURU Sent: 8/25/2014 10:31:35 AM

Blessed to all,

yes I, d problem is d word god is very confusing since it is a concept created by man , which this is why d ancients never used dat term as being used as today , god is referred as the creator ,omniscient, omnipresent, omnipotent etc.... but contradicts itself since god is in heaven, it can't be omnipresent nor omnipotent because it needs a form to be located in heaven and must be limited since it has form and definitely is not d all knowing but if it is then it must b a sadist dat it has to burn in hell its own creation eternally !
god was created simply to overstand something which can't be over stood by d mind ,meditation is d key for this over standing which a way to simply observe d mind until it gets tamed , this is d war of heru and set and once it reached its effortless witnessing this is when ressurection happens or ausar is ressurected ,the Buddha,the Christ ,Krishna,bathala etc....
do I believe in god ? it depends what d mean , if its the creator of all and created InI and is separated from InI since It created I then I say NO
but if its life itself ,consciousness or awareness ,the higher I , I AM THAT I AM, here and now or presence itself which can't be denied and can't be a concept or idea since its Experiential , InI true nature which witnesses the self created ego or person then I say Yes I, its not just that I know but its the "knowing" itself is .

InI JAH RASTAFARI

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 8/25/2014 6:36:44 PM

Respect bredda Duru..... longtime!

VDR - not in the sense of dem God UNDERstandings, no. But from the moment I born I bawl for my mother, knowing she was I source of life, comfort, and nutrition. Lol, could say that was the start of I ancestral trod / which is 'God' in it's truest form..... LIFE. I am I Ancestors. InI Jah Rastafari!

Bless up Rastaman!

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 8/25/2014 7:25:46 PM

RA'Spect!!!

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 29

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I