Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5797&start_row=1

Do you believe in God?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 29
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 8/23/2014 4:18:31 PM

What would your answer be

?

Think before you type...

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 8/23/2014 5:41:33 PM

Had a thought earlier, if one was to really b raised by an animal say a chimp family would one believe in a God then? What one think of thunder sounding?

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 8/23/2014 5:50:10 PM

When I look into the stars of the night sky, when I know the sun always rises and stays on course and moon to in its cycles and the great machinery of INI planetary systym, the orbital ways, how the tempaature and climate is perfect for life on earth, not to hot not to cold, oxygen levels and co2 in perfect balance...
Nature is self repairing needs no man- maintenance, but a higher power of organizing structures of life in order and harmony with the building blocks of creation.
I see I wake up in the morning and my bed is not made and cannot make its self,
And this creation does not create its self but has a creator.

Oh man, you cannot even make a hair on your head grow.

God is Greater than Man- Luciano

Chimpanzee growl at eachother and roar, who ever is loudest is the alpha male or dominator of the pack, one day a big thunderstorm came in when this competition was taking place between the chimps and there roaring and eachother seeing who makes the loudest chimp noise, then all of a sudden BOOM! Thunder so loud , like the noise chimps was making but so many times louder , the chimps freaked out and go crazy looking up to the sky and making their noises, knowing their is a higher power then them.......

So I'd say the chimps god is one that is louder then the loudest chimp, these chimps were very excited to know there is something bigger then them and their biggest chimp.

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 8/23/2014 7:10:12 PM

Still would the believe in God or just that a really loud noise come from above? Well, I was FORCED to believe in God, thru upbringing. Even not believing in God da belief of God is still there thru subconscious from upbringing. Believing in there is dought thru questioning of a one with an open mind. Lotta people look at the beauty of creation and it's perfect hormony and it proves God, but I never hear none sight d devastation dat proves God. I never hear people say Oh, when I see 1000s die in hurricane Katrina I know God is, when over 100,000 died I knew there is a God. What was God doing from 1441 and when Leopold went to Congo or d British into Australia?

GA, what is God in d sense whe u talking, is it creator, higher power of some sort?
I do personally blee supm out deh wha I cnt overstand, explain, deny, prove only thing I kno is creation life life's harmony, I and d trees support each other.

HOW did each one come to believe in God? Did anyone ever come to believe inGod without EVER hearing of God? Or were ones told of God then found reason why God is?
Ima gerd lee it deh ca it got buku thoughts gone tru my head na!
Bless Queens n Kings Life Up!

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 8/23/2014 10:25:20 PM

All I know is JAH I can never overstand only get a small understanding, cus human will never be abouve and over the its maker but only under as a child is brought up under the parent.

All false preconceptions must go, all false concepts that are attached to the word god must go, the word 'God' is tossed around a lot wrongly but one thing that are not false but are true is that God is Truth and Love , OMNIPRESENT AND OMNIPOTENT
JAH IS REAL

a deep conviction came to I not in words but in spirit and truth , I always believed in what I havnt experience , but once I experienced the unknown I became a knowrer , tho I only had a taste of crumb of the bread of life JAH , I know I must sit at the table with my Lord more......bless in Zion

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 8/24/2014 12:01:12 AM

No, I don't believe, I know God. Haile Selassie I has shown I Great Mystics throughout I Trod, Helping I, Blessing I, Itecting I, Instructing I, Showing I where to go and what to say at the appointed time.

I Trod in I Life is to Live in Oneness with Haile Selassie I, removing any remaining iniquity in thought and action, and Trodding the Way of God, to Live the Way I and I were Created to Live, instead of deading in the way of men.

As the Bobo Idren say, Man of Right is God in Flesh.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 8/24/2014 12:28:58 AM

Jessep86, it is true that you will always be under I and I maker because that is the limit you have imposed upon yourself by your faith. I Faith is in God, and God has told I and I to be God.

Christ told I and I to be One with God in Perfect Oneness, not separate, and he also told I and I, "The disciple is not above his master: but every one that is perfect shall be as his master."

As long as we are under, we are a servant to sin and will die in sin. But if I and I Faith is that I and I will be One, as God has instructed I and I to do, then it will be so, and it could never be so if our Faith is not so.

When I say Faith, it is not the same as belief. What it means is if the I has Faith that something will be, then it will be, if the I has Faith that something will not be then it will not.

These reasonings explains what I mean by Faith.

----------------------
Faith

When I and I have faith in Jah, nothing is impossible. Whatever needs I and I have will be fulfulled. Any part of ourselves that we want to change will be changed through faith.

Christ taught I and I the power of faith. He showed I and I that certain things may be impossible for man, but nothing is impossible to Jah. So if our trust and faith is in Jah, then there are no limits to righteousness.

One problem what causes people to not increase their faith, is their expectation. People want to see a sign or proof, before they have faith, this is a great limit to faith. First, I and I must develop and increase our faith, with no evidence. Because faith is the substance of things hoped for, and the evidence of things not seen.

When I and I faith is developed, then the results and proof of our faith will come. And people who do this will see great results from their faith.

Too many people put limits on theirselves, saying that they can't do this or that, or they talk of things being impossible. I don't regard impossible, because I know if I regard it, then impossible will be a reality. But if my faith is that nothing is impossible, then that will be true and the reality.

When I need something, I ask Jah for it. And sometimes I don't even ask, I just trust in Jah, because I know that Jah knows all my thoughts. Burning spear says in one song

-------------------------
I need a little help, but it can be embarassment
I said I need a little help, but it can be embarassment
Call on Jah, Call on Jah
Jah never say no, Jah never say no
-------------------------

I Itinually increase I faith in Jah, because I know that Jah is the source and solution of all things. I have since seen so much evidence of I faith, that I would be a fool to deny it. And if something that I believe doesn't come, then I see it as a lack of faith. And so I work to increase I faith higher.

----------------------

----------------------
Faith Strength

Learn to trust in the Most High Jah RasTafarI and Jah will guide your way. Trust and have Faith in Jah for all things, and all things will be delivered. I mentioned before about Faith, that people want proof of their faith before they have Faith, but Faith doesn't work so. First I and I must learn to have Faith; then I and I will no longer look for proof because I and I will see and know. When I and I have Faith, even though I and I don't look for proof, the proof will show itself often. And I am not talking about subtle or minor proof. What I am talking about is proof so strong and sure, that a person would have to be completely foolish to deny it after experiencing it. When I and I have Faith, Jah RasTafarI guides I and I and helps I and I, blessing I and I with Jah Mystics.

And make sure you know that if you don't see results from Faith, then your Faith is not strong enough and must be made stronger. And your Livity also is not strong enough and must be made stronger. Those last two statements are really one and the same, because all who have Faith and Trust in Jah will listen to the Guidance that they have Faith and Trust in, and Jah RasTafarI will only Guide I and I in Righteousness.

After reading this, read the reasoning from the link at the bottom of this message, and the I will sight how powerful and Mighty Haile Selassie I is. Read and sight that though all of I and I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I and I fear no evil, because Jah RasTafarI Itect and Strengthen I and I with HIM Rod and Staff. The link is only a small sample of the Greatness I have seen from Jah RasTafarI since I started to Trod toward HIM. I have seen so much that others around I have also witnessed these things as they happened. I Empress is rarely surprised about the Mystics she sees when it comes to I, because she has seen so many things since she has been with I these past 12 years.

Walk with Confidence and Strength and don't bow down to be trampled by babylon, instead walk Strong and Trample babylon with every step you take. It might take some time to get use to this kind of thinking, but if you kick your self in the ass and don't take no for an answer, and be stubborn in Faith and Strength, so that you refuse to let go of it no matter what others say or what thoughts come into your mind, or what experience or tribulation you go through.

Stubbornness is usually seen negatively because it is usually used to hold on to negative things, but Stubbornness in Faith is a great thing and will Rise you to new Heights.

Resist the devil and the devil will flee, Resist doubt and doubt will flee. That is why Stubbornness is so important, because the more Stubborn, the more Resistance.

Stop negative thoughts as soon as they arrive, stop thoughts of doubt as soon as they arrive. Always work to make yourself stop them sooner and sooner.

At first, it might take some time to resist thinking of temptation, but if you have the mind intention to stop it and the mind intention to train yourself to stop it sooner and sooner; then eventually you will see that this temptation can no longer tempt, and then that temptation can no longer tempt, and you will see that you doubt less and less while your Faith becomes stronger and stronger.

You might slip a little here and there, but as long as you pick yourself up and Itinue to Rise, then you will Itinue to Rise. But always know that I and I can completely stop temptation and doubt in a second, and never feel temptation and doubt ever again. It is only our weakness and stubbornness in the wrong things that cause most of I and I to take time to learn. But when I and I sight and know that this can come in an instant, then I and I make it possible for it to come in an instant, or at least a little longer than an instant. If we instead choose to have faith in weakness, and think that it will never come, then it will truly never come, no matter how hard we try.

It is I and I choice and has always been I and I choice. So let I and I make a choice.

Duppy Conqueror

Faith

----------------------

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 8/24/2014 2:37:47 AM

To credit Creation to an unseen or unknown object or god is to blasphem LIFE,as if LIFE cant manifest itself.

Creation has always been wat it is.LIFE created itself,it has always been there and it cant die.The bible seh the earth was void and was covered with water and darkness.Which means this god didnt create water n darkness.

Since the earth was void,where was god creating this earth.

Every creature has its own life force or energy force,dats why the Kemet people could have,the sun god,the earth god,the wind god etc.

Meaning the life force of dat certain creature IS.

Dat life force is connected to every creature,meaning we are all connected to I.

I can go to the moon while physikally on earth,I can be underwater at the same Iwa because I Irit is Omnipresent,Omnipotent.

So if there is to be a god,then it must be a living I.

So Iman nuh believe in god,but Iman know dat dat power credited to god is in I.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 8/24/2014 3:47:38 AM

Ark I, ZionMtn and VDR pointed out why this is a horrible question.

Do I Garveys Africa believe in God?

I tell people NO.

1) BELIEVE - To believe indicates a level of DOUBT. Nobody should 'believe' in a deity, KNOW it or leave it alone! My thoughts exactly Ark I. I don't believe in HIM, I know HIM!

2) God. Many of you are finding it difficult to answer because your know there is a 'creative force' or connecting force between creation...... but to label it as GOD as you have shown kind of suggests a level of Christian understanding. Which we may try to steer clear from...... If InI use the word GOD I-personally do not mean:
a man in the sky
the same God from many parts of the OT
Jesus / Yash'vel

look at the definition:

God
Line breaks: God
Pronunciation: /ɡ;ɒ;d /
NOUN

1(In Christianity and other monotheistic religions) the creator and ruler of the universe and source of all moral authority; the supreme being.

- Even Oxford Dictionary can't escape tying in the beliefs of (Roman) Christianity to the very first meaning/definition of the word! But I n I as Rasta and conscious Idrin don't necessarily mean the same thing when we say GOD as when the Pope of Rome say God. The word God means and infers MORE than what de I dem mean wen de I dem say it, be careful of that...
- I also don't subscribe to Greek mythology or Greek Gods and certainly don't believe or deal in Theos

- Making I Ras an A-thiest who doesn't believe in God

Thanks for your responses........ I mother love to ask I dis question and den go inna long argument/reasoning. haha. But I find its a common question which takes deeper insight to truly answer.

So we BURN belief - and this man and his camp can't share IMAN definition and perspective of the divine / we DONT and WONT be sharing the same deity thankyou very much.

Messenger: RAS NATE Sent: 8/24/2014 5:06:05 AM

Iman don't believe in God.
InI know and feel that RasTafarI is the Creator of the Iniverse.
True true.A Blessed reasoning.

NOTE:The I them should know that "heavens" in the Bible doesn't mean sky.It means Iniverse.The word firmament is used for sky.

Give all your thanks and praise.
And Bun that^man.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 29

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I