Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5693&start_row=1

Original weed vs mix crossed weed

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 25
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 5/31/2014 7:09:36 AM

Blessed I and I Lords and Empresses
Blessed JAH Children

I and I just wants to know what weed is better or if the other is even weed at all; (the babylon inventions called cheese, skunk and kush; or the original weed put here on earth by JAH). Many Ildren prefer the babylon inventions because they are influenced by the propogander put in the media. But I and I really wants to know if that weed is better at all, or even if it worse, because it is babylon made.

JAH Blessed
I and I

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/31/2014 8:49:37 AM

Hybrids are not good for health; in food or ganja or anything else. Artificial selection and forced genetic changes.

But some of the strongest weed can come from hybrids. Hybrids are also the basis of medical marijuana.

Pure Sativa Iman prefer, and where possible: only use crosses which are 2nd generation.

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 5/31/2014 10:19:56 AM

Malawi Gold, Swazi Gold and Mulanji Gold are 100% pure sativas from Africa

put down upon the earth by
Jah are called 'Land Acre' or ' landedace' Seeds
Wild and free, yes wild foods are more nutrient dense then organic and organic is more nutrient dense then conventional, this varies of course.

Kush is pure indica, and grows in Kushite Mountains betweeen India and the middle East....

The hybrid foods are high in sugar, not enough vitamins minerals enzymes and all blessings unknown phytonutrients......

So these hybrids are unbalanced in what they contain.......strong in one area like taste but weak in lifeforce......sweet is the fruit but does not make I feel as food as when I ate fruit in the beginning of the earths paradise...

So ganja is hybrid not by Jah but by man so its not a match made in heaven of perfect harmony......but balance can always be restored by re uniting with the other half thats missing.......

Thats a parble, and its time to balance organize centralize!

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 5/31/2014 10:35:26 AM

Don't just needs sugar but all the vitamins and minerals
Don't just need thc but all the cannabinoids
Don't need one color but a rainbow of unity harmony synergy

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 5/31/2014 11:45:52 AM

Difference between C. indica and C. sativa

Cannabis indica has a higher ratio of CBD:THC compared to Cannabis sativa. [12][dubious ] Cannabis strains with relatively high CBD:THC ratios are less likely to induce anxiety than vice versa. This may be due to CBD's antagonistic effects at the cannabinoid receptors, compared to THC's partial agonist effect. CBD is also a 5-HT 1A receptor (serotonin) agonist, which may also contribute to an anxiolytic-content effect. [13] This likely means the high concentrations of CBD found in Cannabis indica mitigate the anxiogenic effect of THC significantly. [13] The effects of sativa are well known for its cerebral high, hence used daytime as medical cannabis, while indica is well known for its sedative effects which some prefer for night time use. [13] Indica plants are normally shorter and stockier plants than sativas. They have wide, deeply serrated leaves and a compact and dense flower cluster. The effects of indicas are predominantly physical and sedative. Due to the relaxing nature of indicas, they are best used for non-active times of the day and before bed

Broad-leafed Cannabis indica plants in India, Afghanistan, Bangladesh and Pakistan are traditionally cultivated for the production of hashish. Pharmacologically, C. indica landraces tend to have a higher cannabidiol (CBD) content than C. sativa strains. [6] Most commercially available indica strains have been selected for low levels of CBD, with some users reporting more of a "stoned" feeling and less of a "high" from C. indica when compared to C. sativa. [7] The Cannabis indica high is often referred to as a "body buzz" and has beneficial properties such as pain relief in addition to being an effective treatment for insomnia and an anxiolytic, as opposed to sativa's more common reports of a "spacey" and mental inebriation, and even, albeit rarely, comprising hallucinations. [8]

Differences in the terpenoid content of the essential oil may account for some of these differences in effect. [9][10] Common indica strains for recreational or medicinal use include Kush and Northern Lights.

A recent genetic analysis included both the narrow-leaflet and wide-leaflet drug "biotypes" under C. indica, as well as southern and eastern Asian hemp (fiber/seed) landraces and wild Himalayan populations.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabis_indica

Messenger: Ras NazIr Sent: 5/31/2014 12:30:25 PM

OKAY, this make-a no sense to InI. Let I Isplain why. How is it that "babylon" made "hybrids"? I thought that babylon was trying to eradicate Cannabis plants? And force on the people marinol/sativex/etc? What if a RastafarI was growing straight Sativa and straight Indica in the same yard? Then either the wind or the bees, pollinated the plants together? That would then lead to a hybrid, correct? I don't think babylon controls the bees and wind, unless we bring HAARP into it, but that is for a different reasoning. What about Cannabis Ruderalis? Did babylon create that, seeing as it isn't Cannabis Indica L. or Cannabis Sativa L.?

InI just no Overstand this reasoning about "babylon" "creating" hybrids, when there are natural ways that hybrids could come about. Hybrids have not always been made in a lab, it is possible for plants to naturally cross pollinate, seeing as cannabis pollen has been known to travel 100+ miles, by the wind/bees.

Iya Garvey's Africa, InI sight that 2nd gen hybrid is better then first gen, but still (in seed form) can be too unstable. I would say that atleast 3rd and 4th generation would be best, seeing as the stabilization process could be taken further, which would allow the out breeding of the genes that one does not want, be them recessive or dominant. Iveryone likes different factors in their herb. InI personally like pure Indica, while I Queen likes Sativa. But InI can for sure sight with the I that 2nd generation and further is WAYYY better then 1st generation, if one is breeding for certain purposes.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/31/2014 12:53:05 PM

Ras nazir the CIA among other forces have been interfering and studying ganja since the 70s. But in any case a rastaman growing two strains side by side in his yard unfortunately is unnatural. Mostly the strains would have come from different areas of the world and the kind of mass cross interaction by chance the I a talk of wouldn't happen in their natural environments. Artifical selection vs natural. Hybridisation is bad genetically in any case just like the I wouldn't eat hybrid food.....genetically modified (GMO) herb. I agree when we talk 2nd or 3rd generation it may not be too much a difference. But today people are breeding ganja up to the 5th 6th and beyond. And most are not organic like the I. Maybe the I sight it different still?

But dont get me wrong, for example a 5th generation organic herb like your talking about id have over a pure breed grown under chemical ferts anyway so its all in proportion

Haile I

Messenger: Ras NazIr Sent: 5/31/2014 1:30:06 PM

How about putting it this way. I will just use Generic African Sativa landrace as example.

These plants are naturally growing together. Plant #1 (Female) is the highest producer of THC/CBD. Plant #2 (Male) is a heartier plant with higher resistance to pest/molds/fungus. Now these were planted by JAH, not a man. We will just say that they are 10yds apart. Now through natural cross-pollination, they meet. Now you will have many seeds that form Plant #3. This Plant #3 has taken the dominant genes from both of it's parents. This in turn, will make Plant #3, a more resilient and stronger phenotype then either of its parents. While still belonging to the same race. Which in turn makes it the "same" but different at the same time. Kinda like how 2 people get together and have a child. The child is the same as its parents, but in turn is its own entity. This would be a natural selection process that will ensure the survival of the race. So therefore it becomes "genetically modified" naturally, instead of forced genetic modification.

Everytime plants pollinate with one another, they create a unique to itself off-spring, while still keeping some of the genes from its parents. Therefore it is impossible to keep the landrace "pure", because it is going to adapt to whatever it needs to, in order to ensure it's survival and legacy of the race. Which is why Plant #3 will have higher resin content then Plant #1, to ensure it catches more pollen. While at the same time it will be more resistant to parasites.

Even naturally there is no way to keep it "original" due to it becoming its own plant. If that makes any sense?

Yes Iya GA, I too would prefer organic (insert gen) over "pure" landrace with chemicals.

Selassie I

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/31/2014 1:31:24 PM

When I a talk I a talk in terms of ganja commercially. ... for a long time strains from all over the world have been forced inter breeded to produce the best 'highs' or different effects with no regard for side effect or health. I man not talking direct to the conscious farmer who might cross breed with knowledge and respect for the naturality of the herb. The science of ethnobotany. Commercially speaking, most farmers are not like the I. They are too concerned with cannabis cups or profitability

Big up still

Messenger: Ras NazIr Sent: 5/31/2014 1:44:18 PM

Seen. InI think I Overstand what is being said in this reasoning now. Iman initially thought that this was about plants staying the same generation after generation, which is environmentally impossible. Now cross-breeding plants just because without any knowledge as to what is going on or what one is doing, just to achieve high/flavor/profit/etc, shouldn't be done. One must always Isiderate what one is doing to the plant without thinking about themselves. Which is why it is paramount to study and do research before just jumping into it, and completely destroying the integrity of certain landraces, that at some point will come close to extinction. That is why I don't agree with Arjan and Franco at GHSC, because it seems, even though they know how to breed, they are only in it for profit. Now if someone, medically needs a certain hybrid for a specific purpose, then that is what they need. But do ensure to take into Isideration what is going on with the Iriginal plant that the I is working with to ensure the one does not wipe it out completely.

Bless UP
Selassie I

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 25

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I