Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5677&start_row=11

Deodorant!

1 - 1011 - 2021
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Black heart Sent: 5/21/2014 2:38:07 AM

Lets not be led astray, sodium bicarbonate is not a natural thing. Why worry about deodorants in de first place? Deodorants n antipespirants are not natural and they put yo body at unnatural state when yu use dem therefore Rasta stay free from deodorants. Just be free Rasta, washing alone is what yo body need. Yu don't need to apply anything on yo body dat will inhibit sweat. Let yo body sweat as it please, don't disturb it. Yu can boil lavender flower heads n mix with yo bath water.

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 5/21/2014 6:45:39 AM

Sweating ain no problem fa I, as I is a exercise man wha run while sun high ina sky. Being I wrk in d heat (90 degrees 90-100% humidity)with protective clothing on so arm pits cnt ketch no air and no real time or place for washing them Iman like to cut back on d odor wha ca accumulate sumtime not to stop I from sweating

Messenger: Ras NazIr Sent: 5/21/2014 7:53:10 AM

Let's do a little research as to KNOW what we are talking about.

Sodium bicarbonate in its natural form is called nahcolite. Nahcolite is a component of the mineral natron and is found dissolved in many mineral springs. Nahcolite was first described in 1928 for an occurrence in a lava tunnel at Mount Vesuvius, Italy. The name is in reference to its chemical formula. It occurs as a hot spring and saline lake precipitate or efflorescence; in differentiated alkalic massifs; in fluid inclusions as a daughter mineral phase and in evaporite deposits. Its name refers to the elements which compose it: Na, H, C, and O.

The ancient Egyptians used natural deposits of natron, a mixture consisting mostly of sodium carbonate decahydrate, and sodium bicarbonate. The natron was used as a cleansing agent like soap.

Naturally occurring deposits of nahcolite (NaHCO3) are found in the Eocene-age (55.8–33.9 Ma) Green River Formation, Piceance Basin in Colorado. Nahcolite was deposited as beds during periods of high evaporation in the basin. It is commercially mined using in-situ leach techniques involving dissolution of the nahcolite by heated water that is pumped through the nahcolite beds and reconstituted through a natural cooling crystallization process.

Sodium bicarbonate mixed with water can be used as an antacid to treat acid indigestion and heartburn. It is used as the medicinal ingredient in gripe water for infants. Intravenous sodium bicarbonate is an aqueous solution that is sometimes used for cases of acidosis, or when there are insufficient sodium or bicarbonate ions in the blood. Sodium bicarbonate can be used to treat an allergic reaction to plants such as poison -ivy -oak or -sumac to relieve some of the associated itching. Toothpaste containing sodium bicarbonate has in several studies shown to have a better whitening and plaque removal. One can also use straight sodium bicarbonate, unless of course they like the sterilization that comes with fluoride.

InI could go on but some would have to do their own research. Maybe the "baking soda" sold in stores isn't as natural as it could be. But are you going to try and tell me that the Ancient Egyptians had these big laboratory set ups and were making "Arm and Hammer"? What about the hot springs that contain it? It wasn't naturally there or it wasn't there at all, until some one walked by every hot spring on earth and dumped a box of " baking soda" in it? Or what about the nahcolite deposits? Someone must have went and "planted" those there because they couldn't be natural, right?

Live Laugh Learn
live Up Iya's
Selassie I

Messenger: Ras NazIr Sent: 5/21/2014 8:13:56 AM

InI forgot to add. Iya Black Heart. Deodorant no disturb the natural sweating process. That is the Aluminum in Babylon Anti perspirants. Antiperspirant = to not perspire.

And would not a bath in lavender be used to "smell good"? That sound a lot like deodorant. Which means to " cover odor"

Selassie I

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 5/21/2014 8:48:51 AM

Bro Nazir. Yu can't trick I n I with yo sodium bicarbonate fo we n even yu yoself know dat it is de white powdery chemical sold in shops. If dehs a natural version of de chemical like yu seh how do yu expect de idren to find it other than the white chemical dat is sold almost everywhere. I stoped usin sodium bicarbonate when I started trodin livity. some people here use it to cook okra n chochorus leaves but I n I use aloe ash to cook such vegetables istead of dis white chemical powder.

Messenger: Ras NazIr Sent: 5/21/2014 8:55:48 AM

Iya Black Heart. InI no try and trick no I's, seen? Iman speak truth or else InI no speak Inything. If InI no know something InI go and learn about it. A simple Google search would EASILY give the Kings and Queens a place to find natural sodium bicarbonate. For the I's whose google-fu isn't that strong here is a link

http://www.bobsredmill.com/

This place has it. Like His Imperial Majesty say,

Education develops the intellect; and the intellect distinguishes man from other creatures. It is education that enables man to harness nature and utilize her resources for the well-being and improvement of his life. The key for the betterment and completeness of modern living is education. But, ' Man cannot live by bread alone '. Man, after all, is also composed of intellect and soul. Therefore, education in general, and higher education in particular, must aim to provide, beyond the physical, food for the intellect and soul. That education which ignores man's intrinsic nature, and neglects his intellect and reasoning power can not be considered true education.

Live UP Rasta

Praise HIM
Haile I Selassie I JAH RastafarI

Edit: Here is the link to go straight to the All Natural Baking Soda

http://www.bobsredmill.com/baking-soda.html

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/21/2014 10:07:37 AM

I know many Rasta who don't use deadorant all together. Iman still a use the beast deodorant. ....But whether you mix up sodium E500 or use the babylon spray it still coming like a unnatural thing. I think that what brother Black Heart a reason.

InI supposed to be roaming the garden of Eden with plentiful resources, hot spring, and waterfall to upkeep cleanliness, seen?

A babylon problem.......

I suppose IF you are going to use deodorant than it better to use in the less chemi-cally way. And true baking soda not as bad as the spray with 1 bag of aluminium and ozone killer; Ras Nazir a show an alternative. Even if we don't too trust any form of white powder.

Live Up Rasta
Every man do what dem can

Messenger: Ras NazIr Sent: 5/21/2014 11:37:11 AM

Yes King Garvey's Africa misgana for the sight up. If InI may add, some, not all, hot springs have bicarbonate of soda in them. So therefore the I's that are blesses enough to be able to use the hot springs are getting JAH JAH deodorant aswell. For I's like InI, iman do not have access to a hot spring so InI must make do with as Ital as possible, seen?

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 5/21/2014 11:59:23 AM

Blessed love.
Give thanks for the reasonings and Iducation Iyahs.
I&I see that this is a natural resource found in hot springs. But still for Iwombman, that alone does not make it Ital. Even ordering online from a natural mine is not necessarily Ital...
One may have plans to reside in places with internet connections for Ife. But Iwombman actually do not. Some things I do buy online, but not many... Mostly books. I feel that living resources such as food and clothing should ideally come from the plants and people living in the I Immunity. This is most sustainable long term for Iwombman because I do have plans for living more remotely. This is of course in an ideal situation. I&I still use certain things that I&I do not even see as Ital... As always, it is a journey. Still at this point I am happy w the pure coconut oil.
The lavender and lemons also sound like great ideas.
Most I Bless-sings RasTafarI.

Messenger: Sister Sent: 5/21/2014 4:21:13 PM

The only deodorant I have used for years and the only one that has ever worked is natural crystal deodorant, made from natural mineral salts. Comes as a solid crystal or can come with water as a spray. Its widely available, it doesnt stop sweat but stops it smelling.

1 - 1011 - 2021

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I