Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5677&start_row=1

Deodorant!

1 - 1011 - 2021
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 5/20/2014 3:58:02 PM

What kind of natural deodorants do d I's use. Tryd one kind made I skin peel, nudda one don't last long.

Gi Thenks! Asase Ye Duru

Messenger: Ras NazIr Sent: 5/20/2014 4:26:36 PM

Here are a few different kinds Iya. Iman will look in InI books aswell and if InI come across Inything in them, InI will post it in I man's natural healing thread aswell, seen?

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Natural%20deodorant

http://www.trulysnaturaldeodorant.com/collections/frontpage

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 5/20/2014 6:07:56 PM

Give thanks for starting this thread Iyah.
NazIr, did Iman try any of the products in those links?
Bless up Kings, the pursuit of completely natural livity is a long and gradual process.
I know it is not commonly accepted in society, but I have started to look at sweat for what it really is, and decided to encourage and allow it instead of trying to make it stop.
I&I have been trying to find a good deodorant/antiperspirant for a while to no avail - the ones I have seen in health food stores still have crazy ingredients like aluminum. I haven't tried ordering anything online like the links Ras NazIr provided. Still, at this point I have given up for now, and resorted to using a damp cloth to rinse the underarms instead, maybe once or twice throughout the day; like when I wash I hands and then dry with a paper cloth, I will use the damp cloth afterward to rinse the underarms. Haha I would rather smell "bad" than put aluminum inside I pores anyway, but the accumulation of bacteria is really what makes people smell bad, that b.o. smell. If the skin is cleaned often, the sweat won't smell as bad.
Not sure, but I think it may also be because of eating all plant foods that the sweat does not smell very strongly. I used to notice more smell when I was in high school - maybe it was the DIEt I was eating at that time or maybe it was hormones?
Yes I, for now I just clean Iself often and let the sweat to its job of cleaning out I system and expelling toxins. Especially when I&I exercise, and I know Voodooruutz does, the body needs to be allowed to sweat freely to cleanse and cool the body. That is after all the natural purpose of sweat.
Not sure if this minimalist approach works for I Voodooruutz.
Most High bless I&I. Iternal love Rastafari.

Messenger: Ras NazIr Sent: 5/20/2014 6:46:30 PM

Queen when one has a truly natural LIVet then the sweat will not smell bad. Sweat is a natural cooling system as well as releasing toxins from the body. The second link InI provided is about the best out there, I just put the amazon link because a lot of the time amazon has the products cheaper (not always). Do bear in mind deodorant and antiperspirant are different things.

Here is the frequently asked questions from the second link to help the I's get a better overstanding as to why InI recommended that brand.

Does your baking soda contain aluminum? Baking soda is just plain sodium bicarbonate and does not ever contain aluminum. Baking powder, however, is sodium bicarbonate along with corn starch and additional ingredients which commonly include aluminum. So just to be clear, there is absolutely no aluminum whatsoever in Truly's Natural Deodorant.

I think Truly's may have caused some irritation. What should I do? We know that everyone is different and no product is perfect for all people. If you think you are having a reaction, stop using the product right away and contact us for a refund. We have had a very low reaction rate, somewhere between 1% and 5%, but we wish it could be zero. If you are having a reaction, we will promptly refund your purchase price, no questions asked. We appreciate your giving our product a try.

How long will a container of Truly's Natural Deodorant last? In our experience a 2 ounce container will last 4 to 6 months and possibly longer. Truly's does not need to be reapplied during the day except after excessive exercise, showering, or bathing.

Is the deodorant sticky? No, not at all.

Why is the deodorant a cream and not a stick? We decided to make Truly's as simple and natural as possible. Because of the low melting point of coconut oil, Truly's will soften if kept at high temperatures for extended periods of time and could get messy in a stick. The cream form may take a short time to get used to, but most people don't even think about it after a few days.

Isn't baking soda abrasive? Yes, it can be. We specially process our baking soda into a silky smooth powder, removing the abrasiveness and reducing the chance of itchiness or irritation. If you have tried other baking soda containing "homemade" deodorants and found them bothersome, give Truly's a try and feel the difference.

Do I need to keep Truly's in the refrigerator? No, Truly's is best stored at room temperature between 70 and 80 degrees. Above or below that temperature, Truly's will firm up or soften somewhat, but it still works just fine. Coconut oil is a tropical oil and withstands heat very well.

Will Truly's stop me from sweating? No. Sweating is a healthy and natural way for your body to remove toxins and regulate body temperature. Truly's is a deodorant, not an antiperspirant. It won't keep you from sweating, but it will keep you from smelling even if you sweat a great deal over the course of a day without having to reapply. We have had customers say that they do sweat less while using Truly's, but we believe that is because their bodies are no longer trying to counteract the antiperspirant chemicals in conventional products.

I have seen a few dark specks in my deodorant. Is it a contamination of some kind? No. We use an unrefined coconut oil that occasionally contains a dark speck here and there. The specks are naturally occurring and not a contamination.

Will Truly's stain my clothing? No. In our years of using Truly's exclusively, it has not stained or built up on any clothing including silk. Of course, we may not own every fabric out there, but as a general rule, Truly's washes out completely leaving no trace.

Blessed LOVE Iya. Live UP the way JAH JAH intended

Haile I Selassie I JAH RastafarI

Messenger: Ras NazIr Sent: 5/20/2014 6:55:05 PM

Iman missed the Queens question of have InI tried it before. Iman am not wearing I glasses at the moment. I have had the Truly before. I don't have Iny now but I will be getting more soon. It works good. Iman am VERY sensitive to deodorant/antiperspirant but InI had no problems. Hope this helps the I's. InI honesty think the Iya's will not be disappointed. And it comes out cheaper then babylonian deodorant/antiperspirant.

Selassie I JAH RastafarI

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 5/20/2014 7:33:13 PM

I Gi ThANKHs fa da respones n suggestions, Bless Up! Sometime I go like dat too Impress, and yes no strong odor, light at times. I go hafta try Truly's, Iman work outside 11 hrs wit long sleeves and pants and boots and it gets very humid yah so a lil extra sweatin a go on and no air reaching d skin.

Bless Up! Asase Ye Duru, Gye Nyame Dua

Messenger: Ras NazIr Sent: 5/20/2014 7:41:27 PM

The Truly creamscicle smells AMAZING. If the I is sweating that flavor out then people are going to want to be smelling the I. :)

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 5/20/2014 9:29:57 PM

Bless up I&I. Give thanks for the info Ras NazIr!
I&I wonder how the I's reason on sodium bicarbonate as an ingredient? I see that it is not aluminum, but still, is it Ital for I? Iwombman have not taken a chemistry class yet, so I am admittedly ignorant in that subject; but in looking into how sodium bicarbonate is made, I am not sure I would want to do that (the process involves ammonia? Enough seen already...) or consume it. I did not know that sodium bicarbonate is baking soda, but I also do not eat baking soda. I instinctively do not eat things I do not overstand. But now that I am looking into this ingredient further, I am even more likely to avoid it.
Do I&I see sodium bicarbonate as a natural thing, suitable for I&I to make in the hola land and use in the hola temple?

Coconut oil I actually do use on most of I skin, so maybe this is already similar to Truly's? Ras has Iman used pure coconut oil underarms, same way as this mixture? I am curious about the comparison. I use it as a moisturizer, but I guess I do smell like coconut instead of b.o., so maybe the same? Haha

Messenger: Ras NazIr Sent: 5/20/2014 9:56:47 PM

InI personally do not see sodium bicarbonate as a bad substance as it is a naturally occurring substance found in mineral water. It is also an alkaline substance which is used to counteract acidic chemicals. Yes it can be made with ammonia but that is laboratory made sodium bicarbonate. Kinda of like how sea salt is natural but iodized salt is not because it is made in a factory with chemicals.

Does that make sense? As far as InI know Truly's uses naturally occurring organic sodium bicarbonate and not chemically made version.

Selassie I JAH RastafarI

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 5/21/2014 12:50:10 AM

Rum lemon peel I'm arm pit to freshen and prevent bacteria and prevent or cover bad smell
The cleaner I eat and live, the cleaner will be the sweat, live on fruit and even the defecation will smell sweet like fruit, garlic it makes stink most, raw fruits and veggies, lots of water, keep system clean as possible , be a pleasing sweet smelling aroma unto I Lord Jah
Live clean, let's good works be seen, a pleasing aroma, positive vibe, yes Jah keep away the deadly pestilence,

1 - 1011 - 2021

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I