Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5667&start_row=11

Do we pay for the sins of our Ancestors

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 26
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Path Walker Sent: 5/14/2014 4:03:55 PM

As Gandhi said, 'an eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind.' If you answer wickedness with wickedness then who is the villain? InI believe the universe will always balance itself in all ways, Babylonians will get their due, maybe not in the way we want or expect, but it will come.

Burn Babylon!!! JAH RasTafarI

Messenger: RAS-NATE-1995 Sent: 5/14/2014 4:33:58 PM

True I.

But an Idren told I he BUN ghandi,coz he was racist and called black people savages...

Just saying...

Messenger: Path Walker Sent: 5/14/2014 6:06:30 PM

Had never heard that, sad if it's true. Either way the quote is no less true for it.

Messenger: RAS-NATE-1995 Sent: 5/14/2014 6:13:16 PM

Sad but true Iya.

Ghandi and South African Blacks

NOTE: Kaffir is an ofensive racial term to refer to an African.

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 5/14/2014 6:40:02 PM

Yes I, I hear dat from one at I work place, tell mi say Ghandi ain like and spoke bad about Blacks in India wha dey call Dalits, first I heard of dat. Babylon jus a give out heroes and people except dem wit no problem.
AFRICA FOR THE AFRICANS

Live UP

Messenger: Path Walker Sent: 5/14/2014 7:00:58 PM

Give thanks for the education Iya

Bless up Selassie I

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 5/14/2014 9:22:30 PM

Most High greetings Kings and Queens.
Give thanks for the reasoning on this interesting question.
The scriptures do seem contradictory.
Iwombman have to say that, whether JAH "inflicts" punishment or not, children definitely do "pay for" their parents' "sins". For example, a child whose parent is an alcoholic will suffer the inconsistent or inadequate parenting, and may in fact develop an addiction to alcohol because of the influence. Or maybe because of the genetic influence.
Maybe this is what the scripture is referring to? Maybe this is why there seems to be a contradiction?
Very cool article Ras Nate, give thanks.
Ites beloved Ones.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 5/14/2014 11:24:44 PM

The way it works is that if a person lives in sin then they will suffer for their sins and the sins of their foreparents. If a person truly turns unto Righteousness, then their sins will not be mentioned. They won't suffer for the sins of their foreparents or their own previous sins.

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 5/15/2014 12:48:00 AM

One will not suffer for sins of ancestors as long as they are not one one of those sinful ancestors reincarnated! If one was sinful in past then them get shituations and parents according to what's appointed by Jah Judgment on ones soul . As we give so we receive.....what we put out now we will have to put up with in future.
Be not fooled Jah is not mocked, ya reap what ya sow, justice served, every deed rewarded, and Jah light covers all darkness, rights remove the wrong, let Selassie I be your gardener HIM has the seeds the fertilizer the water. Jah plant faith word sound power and spirit in Iya garden of life. BLESS UP!

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 5/15/2014 2:42:07 AM

Sometimes yu pay sometimes yu don't. Giv thanks to ones fo de iledge. Now I even know dat dis Gandhi is de anti Christ. Fire!

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 26

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I