Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5667&start_row=1

Do we pay for the sins of our Ancestors

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 26
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/14/2014 10:29:17 AM

Biblical brethren, how ones sight this:

"The LORD is longsuffering, and of great mercy, forgiving iniquity and transgression, and by no means clearing the guilty, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation."

Are we visited by the iniquity of our great great great grandparents? If so..... what a judgement for babylon and slavemaster children....... Still, I think I can see an argument for either side on this one. It's an interesting concept.... do something you shouldnt and the countereffect may come back around to your childrens children.

Messenger: RAS-NATE-1995 Sent: 5/14/2014 10:57:42 AM

Messenger: RAS-NATE-1995 Sent: 5/14/2014 10:58:56 AM

DEUTERONOMY 24
16 The fathers shall not be put to death for the children,neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers : every man shall be put to death for his own sin.

EZEKIEL 18
20 The soul that sinneth,it shall die.The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father,neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son : the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him,and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Anyway,I do believe that sinful mentality can be passed on from generation of iniquity workers to the next through DNA.This is why changing the DNA is necessary to rise above the sins repeated over and over from generation to generation and break the chain.

One of the things that can change DNA or gene expression is Iditation.

http://www.news.wisc.edu/22370

Live up king!

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/14/2014 12:10:23 PM

Further confusion

EXODUS 20:5
You shall not bow down to them or serve them, for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and the fourth generation of those who hate me

1 Kings 15:3
And he walked in all the sins that his father did before him, and his heart was not wholly true to the Lord his God, as the heart of David his father.

Isaiah 14:21
Prepare slaughter for his sons because of the guilt of their fathers

The curse of Ham also comes to mind. Equally, there are more quotes within the Bible which support the counter argument that each person will be judged on individual sin. I guess the Bible (in its contradictions) isn't that helpful here......

But Ras Nate I agree with you completely King. Give thanks for that share about Iditiation and DNA. I read a similar thing a few months back, if not from the same study. Not just meditation but what you think, what you read, what you see...... the information your brain processes on a daily basis actually has a relationship to your genetic code. On that note, I give thanks for staying positive, and staying Ital.

Messenger: Path Walker Sent: 5/14/2014 12:58:21 PM

"Those who don't learn from the past are doomed to repeat it." A wicked man does not teach his child that hi ways are wicked, but that they are normal. If the child can not find the error in his father's ways he too will become wicked. A wicked man can not know JAH, a horrible punishment indeed.

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 5/14/2014 1:17:00 PM

I memba ol people sayn dat, say somdbdy child was born wit a abnormality dey wud say it cuz a supm d parents r grandparents done. But it is interesting cuz I wonder what made Africans conquered at dat time, was it supm those before dem did? Then a again when one says everyone pays for dey own sins, but yet dem what committed d greatest sins against humanity seem to have went unpunished and dey offspring also. I don't kno but Iself don go wit d sin thing, d affect of the first sin was becoming like Gods gaining knowledge, if so guess I go keep a sinning! Mayb I look at wrong!

Live Up Iyahs, SELASSIE I!

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/14/2014 1:25:44 PM

^^I pree the serpent too Iah! Give thanks for the first sin

And the people who committed the greatest crime to humanity.... it must be around the 4th and 5th generation NOW.... Maybe their punishment still a come!! Maybe its up to we as Gods to inflict it.....

Still, maybe not.

Messenger: Path Walker Sent: 5/14/2014 2:07:45 PM

That would be using scripture to justify acting against your fellow man. Many a wicked man have gone that route, fire on that for sure.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/14/2014 3:19:11 PM

True Iah still some people believe God works through man......

+ I suppose it would depend if you were following the eye for an eye or turn the other cheek mentality.

All hypothetical.

Another view could be since many of the ones who inflicted the crime mentioned clearly did use scripture to justify their actions...... it might only be right if scripture was used again in their justice. Reap what you sew.....?

Better to follow the example of HIM than scripture.

Messenger: RAS-NATE-1995 Sent: 5/14/2014 3:39:26 PM

Yes I.

Therefore H.I.M. said that each should find the truth for themself concerning the Bible.

I don't see the Head Creator JAH RasTafarI as one that BUN people for the sins of their fathers.Each man has the birth right to become one with JAH in purity and truth.
BUN eye for an eye and BUN turn the other cheek.

"Man is basically a creature of peace."

-H.I.M. Haile Selassie I

Only love is the cure and the way

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 26

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I